• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin

Banned
This user has been permanently removed from thread. Some of you just can’t help yourself and seem to lack quite a bit of introspective..
So it doesn't matter whether I'm verified or not. You can't accept 1080-1080Ti performance for some reason. You want an actual TFLOP number which is useless when gauging performance. You don't like my comments that the PC GPUs are more powerful and next-gen consoles are already behind. Another fact because everyone dismissed Jensen's exact same comment. And you don't want to accept that top PS exclusives are coming to PC and will look better than the PS platform. All facts, and because I deliver these facts, I'm ignored or pushed aside. There you have it!
You're only ignored by idiots that can't get their tongue out of Sony's ass, strangely enough Xbox fans are less obnoxious.
You and OsirisBlack are the only 2 people worth a damn in this 752+ page thread IMHO.

TLZ

Banned
crop.php

Is this it?
A PS2 mixed with a slim PS3?

hemo memo

Gold Member
I think 5th February is out of the question. Invitations should have been sent and already it should be known publicly. You can't do that in week and a half

By the end of next week if no invites sent then all hope is lost. Unless it’s a SoP reveal which they don’t need early invites for that but they need to announce it.

martino

That’s nice.

PS5 exclusive games will look better than any of the floppiest PC GPU cards.

Optimization + Talent + Strong enough hardware is everything.

PC may even hold next gen back due to lack of standard high speed SSDs

and most of all you need lot of subjective art perception to ignore graphics facts.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Cerny: (watches the footage) ... I want every single employee with toy ducks in his office to get FIRED!! YOU HEAR ME??? FIRED!!!

Supervisor: But Mr Cerny, that looks like mr. Ryan's office!

Cerny: What.

(runs to Jim Ryan's office, opens the door)

(Jim Ryan is taking snapshots of his PS5 with his mobile, and tosses it aside once he sees Cerny)

Cerny: THE HELL, JIM?!?!?!

Jim Ryan: They said they were upset with our silence ... I panicked.

Cerny & the supervisor: (double facepalm)

Niked

Cerny: (watches the footage) ... I want every single employee with toy ducks in his office to get FIRED!! YOU HEAR ME??? FIRED!!!

Supervisor: But Mr Cerny, that looks like mr. Ryan's office!

Cerny: What.

(runs to Jim Ryan's office, opens the door)

(Jim Ryan is taking snapshots of his PS5 with his mobile, and tosses it aside once he sees Cerny)

Cerny: THE HELL, JIM?!?!?!

Jim Ryan: They said they were upset with our silence ... I panicked.

Cerny & the supervisor: (double facepalm)
Quote of the decade 😂💯🥇

By the end of next week if no invites sent then all hope is lost. Unless it’s a SoP reveal which they don’t need early invites for that but they need to announce it.

It's too late for 5tg February IMO. Why? This i why :

PS4: Sony Sends Invites to “See the Future” of PlayStation in February
31st January :

So, mark February 20 at 6 p.m. in your calendars, as we'll (most likely) finally see what Sony has in store for the PlayStation brand for the near future.

So, 3 and a half weeks before PS4 meeting in 2013 in Feb.

Gudji

That looks fake as hell.

Also why would any studio have the final design of the console this point in time? They don't even have the final devkits... lol

Last edited:
At the end of the day, you can put as many flops in a box as you want and unless you deliver good games, it's a waste.

Pillars of Eternity, Baldurs gate remakes, operencia, slay the tower, Divinity OS 1 and 2 are just some of the games I've enjoyed this gen. Maybe 1% of all the games I've played have pushed the PS4/X to its' limits. Everything outside of that hasn't even made the fans run

DJ12

That start up is really premium I like it

as for the console design , why would Sony send devs final console design? They send them dev kits so I call bs on that
Why not, could be the final devkit which is basically a retail unit with more memory usually.

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack has been saying nothing leaking right now is an accident. This could just be the next part of Sony's guerilla marketing campaign.

TLZ

Banned
How hard is it to print a fake box and load a fake video? I'm not surprised these days. Ever since that Stewie Griffin Switch, anything is possible.

Unless Heisenberg guessed correct and the official reveal is a state of play. No invitations needed then.

So, you think that press already got the invites which is under NDA, but 5th Feb. will be officially announced at SOP? Hm... We already should know SOP date. For Dec. SOP date was announced 3-4 days earlier.

pawel86ck

Banned
19th Feb. Bookmarking this. If you're right you get a tasty treat. If you're wrong I eat you instead.
You arnt counting first week (1-2th)? These are only two days, but theoretically it's also a different week, so 3'rd week would be between 10-16th (Wednesday is 12th).

Last edited:

DJ12

The start up screen is fake. And the troll didn’t even try:

WeH3jVS.png
So you cannot believe it has an app tie in?
Final dev kits will be given around June . Not now
So they say, doesn't mean to say the form factor doesn't exist already.

It's probably a fake, but it's very good.

Could be legit though, considering some of the comments such as , "um, just keep this on the other account, sure Tim will pick it up" amd "Dude unlist or delete this ASAP" I googled the two names, and it didn't come up with anyone working at a studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom