• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
CatLady CatLady mentioned you did a review for AC Valhalla? I’d like to see this review, can you kindly link.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Stooky

Of course; there are lots of costs and the revenue is shared (as I mentioned in my post.)

I was just giving a rough picture of the sheer amount of money a sub service can generate. And that's just the sub service itself; non-subscribers will continue to exist, and subscribers still buy games + DLC. Lots of secondary avenues that are boosted by the Bethesda purchase.

And Netflix has over 200 million subscribers worldwide.. do you understand the sheer magnitude of the money that would be generated if Gamepass could do that, even if the average person spent $10? That's $2 billion every single month.. and MS likely gets the brunt of it. That would be more money in a year than all of PlayStation has ever made in a year.

And I think people overestimate how much they have to give 3rd parties outside of key deals... most of the 3rd party games are long past their launch and are going on a service like GamePass and I think MS is getting killer deals because the goal is just as much to increase the popularity of the game / generate hype for a sequel / generate DLC sales / etc. And much like Netflix of 2021, once MS has a flood of their own content on GamePass, they will rely on 3rd parties less and less.

And I really don't think you are getting the big picture here; MS is only in this business now to scale GamePass / XBL... they aren't spending $7.5 billion to make some money selling Bethesda games on PlayStation. They want that purchase to add millions of GamePass subs, it's going to do far less of that if the games are available on their biggest competitor.

Bethesda also already generates tons of revenue on PC, has their back catalog to generate revenue, etc. The purchase will start bringing in revenue right away without MS doing anything.
I see your point. Subscription numbers will dictate their moves. Phil says he wants game pass on every device. We'll see what that actually means.

Riky

$MSFT
Exactly, these games so far are last gen engines taking advantage of some extra power for framerates and resolution boosts. I believe when you think about it this works well for moving from PS4 Pro to PS5 as the tools are a known quantity, you still have 36 compute units, then you get a big increase in CPU power and SSD speed on top.
Presuming the Microsoft GDK isn't such a known quantity at this point and the wider slower GPU is another difference you can see why Series X versions aren't as optimised.

The point he was making with the CUs was that the PS4 Pro’s 36 compute units match up to the PS5’s 36 CU set-up, where the xbox is going from 40 to 52 (One X to SX).

It's like I'm a month ahead of the game or something.

Riky

$MSFT
Huh?
It's a purchase of an asset which has to be depreciated...
Depreciation is a what?

Edit: goodwill is amortized but you get the Idea

From what I remember and it's been a few years depreciation applies mainly to fixed assets like vehicles and furniture, you can have fixed assets that increase in value like buildings etc. Bethesda could rise in value. This takes place over many years so wouldn't be an impact on purchase date.

Hashi

Offtop
Sony yesterday shown outstanding achievement in technology.
Alpha 1
50mpx (megapixels) at 30fps with full real-time AI autofocus calculated at 120Hz + 1.6cm 2.5K OLED viewfinder @ 240Hz (without blackout on panning) + electronic shutter works with flash lamps (World's first)

50mpx @30fps is 56% higer (more pixels) than 8K@30fps :messenger_winking_tongue: and its shooting in RAW (!)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Office coming to XSX, SWEET!

It'll be interesting to see Office survive while Google providing free, solid alternative for free. It's the first time they strike a deal with google here to use 1TB/teacher. I think google is a massive threat and I've tried the word/excel/powerpoint alternatives. I think Google they'll wait for PC to shift from 86x to ARM before jumping in the PC field more seriously. But nVidia owns ARM, and I think Microsoft holds ~30% of nVidia, I think.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It'll be interesting to see Office survive while Google providing free, solid alternative for free. It's the first time they strike a deal with google here to use 1TB/teacher. I think google is a massive threat and I've tried the word/excel/powerpoint alternatives. I think Google they'll wait for PC to shift from 86x to ARM before jumping in the PC field more seriously. But nVidia owns ARM, and I think Microsoft holds ~30% of nVidia, I think.

In a large company going away from Google Suite (a bit kicking and screaming as far as I am concerned) and to exclusively Office 365 and Teams (🤬), MS is lucky that Google is generally shit at products (and I mean product with the capital P... clear strategy covering Enterprise, SoHo, mid sized companies, governments, etc...).
Google Suite is far easier to use and much better at collaborative editing, but lacks some enterprise minded features and a product fully competing with Excel on desktop (Sheets is almost like it, but further from replacing it than Docs is to Word). Google could have flexed and invested a lot more in it, but they did not... sadly...

Office has some very good pro features but an odd set of base choices and much much steeper learning curve than needed... incredibly so.

Last edited:

SSfox

Microsoft can make trillions billions dollars per day, but as long as their games are at the bottom of epicness nothing will change.

Also it's quite mindblowing (not in a good way) the money they make but yet are not capable to spent +100 millions $ on a game that isn't Halo.

Nowcry

That's awkward from them considering they constantly repeated since launch that XSX was fully using its 12tf (so 52CUs) of power for BC games.

Has no sense.

12 TF GCN is approximately 9 TF RDNA2. It's a stupid comparison. Which shows that the article is actually a click bait advertising article and is not an informational video.

It is highly unlikely that XBSX will be able to use 14 CU per shader array in any way, except to perform mathematical calculations without texture dragging.

That can be temporary RT ie GI, or DLSS, which is what MS engineers designed it for. Too bad marketing has focused on 12 TF of brute force.

MS needs to release its own version of DLSS and to be able to release some game with global illumination by RT, in turn it needs to improve the GPU driver so that it knows better to identify which CUs are in disuse due to bandwidth saturation and to be able to load them alone with own mathematical calculations of the RT or DLSS.

However really good DLSS like the one that Nvidia currently has needs a lot more TF power than what the surplus CUs of the shaders arrays offer and even with the necessary power of the Tensor, Nvidia needed 2 iterations about 2-3 years to get a DLSS that really managed to work well.

By the time that happens, we may already be in MidGen and are thinking about the Pro versions etc ...

Regarding GamePass I still think that MS will stagnate around 35-40M subscribers which will not be enough to finance the 3rd day 1 AAA games and possibly not enough to finance the 1st ones either. 2 things can happen:

- Lowering the quality of the titles to make it economically viable, I do not rule out that the games are by episodes.

- Respect a commercial period of 6 months of the 1st and 3rd minimum before entering the gamepass and it is possible that in all existing platforms maintaining some temporary or complete exclusivities depending on the case during that period. Matching the game output on the gamepass with the output on the other platforms at full price vs. subcription.

Which would make it economically viable and would be the best option since I really like bethesda games and I would like them to continue making them with the same quality and extension.

----------------------

Personally, I don't care how they want to tackle the economic problem posed by a bethesda game for only 20-30M consoles + PC instead of 120M consoles + PC as long as they maintain quality. Personally, all bethesda games are better on PC because of the MODs, that although there is support on the console there are many that are not allowed and I would dare to say that they are the best.

I would not like them to dedicate themselves to spending money without thinking since it would be the end of betheda titles as we know them since XB could not be forever spending money from other divisions.

Last edited:
That's a dumb analogy. If anything, it shows how costly (too costly ?) this Bethesda acquisition was, since it cost half of the full yearly profits of the whole MS corporation...

People think MS is a Saudi Prince wasting money left and right like they don't care, but that's not at all how businesses are run. They got rich by not wasting money stupidly actually.

If a division doesn't make sense strategically and bleeds money or even has low return compared to the others (like Xbox definitely has), it's generally axed, sooner or later.

Honestly, twenty years that people are claiming the same thing every year.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Offtop
Sony yesterday shown outstanding achievement in technology.
Alpha 1
50mpx (megapixels) at 30fps with full real-time AI autofocus calculated at 120Hz + 1.6cm 2.5K OLED viewfinder @ 240Hz (without blackout on panning) + electronic shutter works with flash lamps (World's first)

50mpx @30fps is 56% higer (more pixels) than 8K@30fps :messenger_winking_tongue: and its shooting in RAW (!)

Watched that, and cried...

I just paid 1390 OMR ($3,614) for a7s III today, only body. Can't even use it until I buy the 160GB memory ($400) and the first lens (Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens) ($960). :lollipop_crying:

If I manage to buy an 8K@60-120fps camera, I'll rarely make photos and mostly make videos. 8K stills are 33.2MP!!!

And also watched this video, and continued crying...

Last edited:

AeneaGames

"Sony people" are gamers they would snap up those games just like Xbox gamers do, don't be silly.

It is about money and the money is the bonuses paid to the executives which are based on Gamepass subscriber numbers, selling games on Playstation doesn't do that.

We could go round and round on this, facts are until the sale is completed and Microsoft have full control we don't know for sure. We will find out soon enough as it's probably a matter of weeks now.
The one certain thing is I'll be playing Starfield etc on day one as Gamepass Ultimate subscriber so I'm happy about that.

The difference is that there are no fans of Gears, Halo and Forza among people who solely game on PlayStation, there are fans among those people of Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

That Is a difference.

Jemm

The difference is that there are no fans of Gears, Halo and Forza among people who solely game on PlayStation, there are fans among those people of Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Then the Zenimax-games could be a good way to pull people to the Xbox ecosystem to get them to buy an Xbox and if not that, then to get them to buy the games for PC or xCloud?

MistBreeze

Lol Gamepass. Haven't paid for a single month yet when ever I wanted to use it thanks to Microsoft Reward Points.

Redeeming 1 month tomorrow for The Medium, then i'll just make my points back in a month. It's hilariously easy to do.

yeah they are giving gamepass subs for free basically

maybe it is some kind of advertising the service

but as soon as it full price subs only without these methods I suspect most casual costumers keep their sub

actually Im interested in halo infinite maybe if it turns out to be great I plan to buy series x subscribe for a month play it until I decided it is enough then cancel my sub

MastaKiiLA

Finally managed to order an XSX.
Congrats! I had a PS5DE in my cart for 6 hours today, on the Sony Thailand website (after they delayed the preorder date twice due to website crashes), only to be unable to proceed to the payment page (due to website crashes). By the time I got to the payment page, the unit switched to Out of Stock in the cart. Maybe Sony is doing me a favor, and realizing that I have more important things to do with my money right now. I'll keep trying whenever they have new stock, but based on the FB comments, it seems that I'm not the only one left out in the cold. I tried 2 different sources, and got the kibosh on both. PS5 for Summer, is my guess. Possibly Fall. In the meantime, I'll collect free PS+ games to play.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Congrats! I had a PS5DE in my cart for 6 hours today, on the Sony Thailand website (after they delayed the preorder date twice due to website crashes), only to be unable to proceed to the payment page (due to website crashes). By the time I got to the payment page, the unit switched to Out of Stock in the cart. Maybe Sony is doing me a favor, and realizing that I have more important things to do with my money right now. I'll keep trying whenever they have new stock, but based on the FB comments, it seems that I'm not the only one left out in the cold. I tried 2 different sources, and got the kibosh on both. PS5 for Summer, is my guess. Possibly Fall. In the meantime, I'll collect free PS+ games to play.
PS5 is great though; but yeah, it'll be the same machine in the summer, and you'll just have more to play with.

I managed to get 2 PS5s; my wife games too.. not sure we'll get 2 XSX's, but maybe. I'm fine sharing for now.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

No gameplay.. just gifs

It'll be my most played game next month!

giphy.gif

Also found this, PS5 ads are still more than what Sony could make.

giphy.gif

Sony could've sold more than 20M consoles if they produced enough in the first year, or even much more! PS4 is still selling many due to the thirst and people not finding PS5's.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Bethesda cost 7.5 billion, magnitudes more than Gears. As Xbox CFO (who knows more than Riky the fanboy) already hinted, bigger Bethesda games will be on Playstation, simply because it would lose too much money to cut 50% or more of the sales. The day Xbox has tripled its market share (won't happen), yes they could be exclusive...
Good Lord, this gave me a good laugh :messenger_grinning_sweat: Please, don't ever become involved in running a business.

Firstly, you clearly have no concept of the scope of Microsoft's wealth. They paid $8.6 billion for Skype, and wrote off a $6 billion loss two years later. $7.5 billion is a smaller purchase at this tier; it's not enough to challenge the very concept of what an exclusive platform holder is or does. You're laughable wrong if you think $7.5 billion is somehow too much money for Microsoft.

Secondly, you clearly have no concept of Microsoft's MO. Anyone who thinks fucking Microsoft is going to share needs to cut back on their daily intake cope-ium. Microsoft 101: walk into an industry you want to dominate and write a blank cheque. Back when they wanted to enter the video game industry, they didn't fuck around: they walked up to Nintendo and offered to buy it. For cash. They were laughed out of the room, so, they went with plan B instead: build the Xbox platform from scratch, knowing they'd lose billions until the brand was established. So, Microsoft 102: In the industry you want to dominate, stop other people from getting the milk. A couple of hundred million for Rare, a couple of hundred million for Bungie - which pissed Steve Jobs off - and a couple hundred million here and there for some exclusive deals, and boom: Xbox brand is now a thing. Easy. With Bethesda, they could've had marketing deals for pennies in comparison, like with Cyberpunk. Heck, they could've had Gamepass day one access for the next ten years for every Bethesda title for a billion and change. They didn't want either of those things; they bought the cow, because Microsoft doesn't like to share the milk.
Now, at this point you'll cling to "but.. but.. Minecraft" and magically ignore every other purchase in the history of Microsoft including all of their other video game development purchases they've made since Minecraft. So, ok, Minecraft. That decision was made outside of the Xbox division, and according the Nadella, it was about cultural relevance, at a time when Microsoft was on the way out in the consumer space. So, Microsoft paid $2.5 billion dollars to make sure the Microsoft and Xbox logos were associated with the biggest game in the world, and it's paid for itself many, many times over. There's a reason Coca Cola likes to get its vending machines into schools, after all.

Thirdly, you clearly have no concept of platform adoption techniques. So, pick your strategy; here, it looks like Microsoft's is some variation of the little big horn: surround you with their stuff until you crack and buy in because you just can't not do it. They just bought up so many established brands that people who weren't looking at their platforms now can't not look at their platform. Gamers will cave and buy in because Microsoft just so happens to have a cheap console, and a cheap subscription service, where you can get access to whichever franchise you love. Oh, you're on PC? No problem, their platform is on PC. Oh, you're on mobile? No problem, their platform is on mobile. Oh, not sure if it's for you? Try the first month for $1. This approach drives platform adoption because who the heck won't pickup Gamepass to play Starfield or Elder Scrolls VI? Microsoft are banking that once you're in, you'll realise everything else that's there and stick around. That all drives platform revenue; DLC, Microtransactions, subscriptions, game sales, and so forth. $7.5 billion is a small price to pay for the millions upon millions of new platform adopters it'll create. They're at 18 million on Gamepass as of today and they haven't even dropped big exclusives yet. Easy to say: their strategy is working and they're just getting started.

And lastly, as an extension of the above, you clearly have no concept of how platform exclusives play into adoption. Sony made close to a $1 billion last quarter off of their PS Store platform alone, mostly off of third party title purchases, because Sony have aggressively driven adoption of their platform. The sales of any one title are largely useless when we're talking that kind of money at a platform level. Your terrible opinion is basically "Xbox is too small to have such big exclusives". So, how do you propose they grow their platform without such big exclusives? So, let's look at PlayStation with your broken logic. Obviously, Sony must be porting Spider-man to all Microsoft platforms because it would simply lose too much money not to on such a massive property. Marvel is the biggest franchise in the world right now, there is no way Sony's shareholders would allow them to cut out the entire PC and Xbox platforms for some fanboy pissing contest. Right? Lol - of course it's bloody exclusive, and rightfully so: people buy PlayStations to play Spider-man, and all the other exclusives, which is why they've sold 120+ million PS4s. Those sales mean 120 million people spending money on the PlayStation platform. That's how they made $1 billion on third party purchases in three months. Sony would probably sell another 5 or so million copies of Spider-man if they released it on Xbox; but they'd lose hundreds and hundreds of millions on platform-level revenue from people who didn't buy a PlayStation to play it. That's how PlayStation makes its money.
For Microsoft, if they lose $200 million in revenue on Starfield because it cut out PlayStation - but - Starfield drives new platform adopters whose spending eclipses $300 million across the entire Xbox platform, be it on PC, Mobile, or console, that's a big win for Microsoft, even if it looks like a loss on Starfield in isolation. Add up all the other exclusives, and the $7.5 billion they just paid is poultry; that purchase can pay for itself in a relatively short period of time, and now Microsoft has tens of millions of new platform adopters that'll stick around. That's how they're going to grow their platform.

But, please, feel free to cling to whatever you think Microsoft's CFO may or may not have possibly meant by a hint they may or may not have possibly dropped about a deal that is in-complete and thus illegal to comment on. I'm sure he threw a wink to all the PlayStation fans, just to let them know Microsoft, a company sued by the American government for anti-trust practices, who spent billions upon billions of dollars to dominate their industries, who spent a couple of years to set up a deal to buy a privately owned video game publisher for $7.5 billion dollars... plans to do absolutely nothing with it. Makes perfect sense :'D

THEAP99

Banned
It'll be my most played game next month!

giphy.gif

Also found this, PS5 ads are still more than what Sony could make.

giphy.gif

Sony could've sold more than 20M consoles if they produced enough in the first year, or even much more! PS4 is still selling many due to the thirst and people not finding PS5's.
Yeah. Let's hope they hurry it up. Because the more ps5's people have = the less cross gen games

mejin

metacritic: 72

opencritic: 73

Well, it's in the medium. All good.

Krisprolls

Banned
Good Lord, this gave me a good laugh :messenger_grinning_sweat: Please, don't ever become involved in running a business.

Blah blah...

Too long, didn't read the wall of text. I manage tons of shares, I perfectly know what I'm talking about unlike fanboys here.

Once again, the man who hinted at putting biggest Bethesda games on PlayStation is Xbox CFO himself, and actually so did Phil Spencer, but you probably know better than them (hint : no you don't).

The maths just don't add up if you make a high budget game and make it available only on 30 % of the console base or less, which is what Xbox is worldwide compared to 70 % PlayStation. Or Xbox must get a much bigger market share first. Smaller Bethesda games nobody cares about may be exclusive to Gamepass though, obviously.

But all this doesn't matter much, because there's no Elder Scrolls coming out before years, probably not this gen.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Microsoft can make trillions billions dollars per day, but as long as their games are at the bottom of epicness nothing will change.

Also it's quite mindblowing (not in a good way) the money they make but yet are not capable to spent +100 millions $ on a game that isn't Halo.
I said this in another thread, but I find it insulting how they made $15 billion in profits in 3 months, and yet tried to double the price of XBL Gold anyway. Scam their most loyal userbase. Like how much more profits do you want?

Their market cap is almost $2 trillion right now. Only Apple is worth more. Greed knows no bounds.

Zathalus

Too long, didn't read the wall of text. I manage tons of shares, I perfectly know what I'm talking about unlike fanboys here.

Once again, the man who hinted at putting biggest Bethesda games on PlayStation is Xbox CFO himself, and actually so did Phil Spencer, but you probably know better than them. (hint : no you don't).

The maths just don't add up if you make a high budget game and make it available only on 30 % of the console base or less, which is what Xbox is worldwide.
Then why are Halo, Gears, Forza Sea of Thieves, Flight Simulator and all the upcoming games (Fable, Avowed, Perfect Dark) not coming to Playstation as well?

IntentionalPun

This is exactly MS's thinking.

IMHO, however, I think it's a pipedream. They won't get every major gaming publisher to put all their games up on GamePass. They also won't be able to buy every major gaming publisher.

I agree; I think their ceiling is FAR lower than they think it is.

It's not just streaming being somewhat unproven; somewhat expensive Game Sub services really being a primary way of doing business aren't proven either.... also AAA games being played on phones isn't as big of a market as mobile-friendly games are.. only the big boys are popular like Fortnite... almost all the other profit in mobile is from games that easily run locally. And phones just get more and more powerful.. and will be able to play more and more advanced games.. on the phone itself.

I think they are likely going to be a great way for traditional gaming companies to get a consistent revenue stream alongside standard digital/physical sales.. EA and Ubisoft both seem happy with their services, but they aren't the entire future of the companies.

Streaming is such an unknown; IF it takes off, MS is being incredibly smart. Because they can make money selling their tech if it's good.. but TBH, I think they are quite a bit behind Google on that, as lackluster as Stadia is.. nobody seems to notice that XCloud really is.. not as good (at streaming.) Luna looks pretty damn good too.

So if Google/Amazon both pass up MS in the tech factor; why wouldn't a company choose them over MS's Azure based solution?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I see your point. Subscription numbers will dictate their moves. Phil says he wants game pass on every device. We'll see what that actually means.
He also says he knows that's unlikely to happen on their console manufacturer competitors devices.

The real message isn't as direct; they don't say "on every device" often, they are way more vague.. they just mean on lots of types of devices, and the focus is clearly on mobile phones (I mean.. right now, that's all XCloud even really works on w/o sideloading on an Android based device.)

They see the money Apple is generating just by having an app store on 100s of millions of devices and they are jealous. Google is jealous too because despite having more devices, their store doesn't do as well. Apple is likely getting into streaming themselves, because why not? If it works out, they can get some exclusives and make money from Android devices, they also just have to fend off the competition in general if they start cutting into. Apple sat back and just raked in the dough w/o doing anything gaming related for years, but has recently realized how much money their is in it.

Amazon is the same... they also sort of failed to penetrate the mobile market directly (as MS did).. and see game streaming as how to do it.

It's all about growth for these companies; it's why Sony is tinkering more and more in the PC market, because they've not only reached a saturation point in consoles, that saturation point is smaller than it was earlier in their history.. and the software is far more expensive to produce.. but they aren't bullish on streaming, from experience.. PSNow did NOT take off as a streaming service, and that purchase is very likely to be a loss in the end for them. They spent loads of money buying Gaikai, then outfitted their servers with PS3 boards, then PS4 boards... and barely made a dent. PSNow only "took off" after downloads were added, by Sony's own admission.

Sony can jump in fully into streaming again w/ someone else's tech when they feel like it, if it truly takes off, and instantly be one of the more popular services. They just gave up on being the actual provider of the streaming tech. Amazon/Google/MS on the other hand are in a position to be that tech... but it's all throwing billions around with hopes and dreams at this point of a huge growth potential.

Zathalus

They're minor investments compared to the 7.5 billion acquisition they made with Bethesda.
The development costs, support and marketing of all those games and the acquisition of the other studies over the years by Microsoft likely has cost them a massive amount of money as well. Why not release all those games on Playstation to make money as well? The exact same logic applies, all of the games being made from recent studio purchases have zero indication they are going to Playstation (unless it was promised prior to the acquisition).

Also, let us not pretend 7.5 billion dollars is something Microsoft of all people need to recoup right away. They have written off similar amounts before.

It's pretty obvious Microsoft is all in on Gamepass, having those games release on competing platforms just weakens the growth of that vision. Netflix doesn't haemorrhage money to put its shows on Hulu.

Krisprolls

Banned
The development costs, support and marketing of all those games and the acquisition of the other studies over the years by Microsoft likely has cost them a massive amount of money as well. Why not release all those games on Playstation to make money as well? The exact same logic applies, all of the games being made from recent studio purchases have zero indication they are going to Playstation (unless it was promised prior to the acquisition).

Also, let us not pretend 7.5 billion dollars is something Microsoft of all people need to recoup right away. They have written off similar amounts before.

It's pretty obvious Microsoft is all in on Gamepass, having those games release on competing platforms just weakens the growth of that vision. Netflix doesn't haemorrhage money to put its shows on Hulu.

The indications are what the managers like Spencer and Xbox CFO themselves said. I don't know what you want as a better indication, they could have said "Future Bethesda games will be Gamepass exclusives" but they didn't say that at all, quite the opposite :

Microsoft wants future Bethesda games to be ‘first or best’ on Xbox, says CFO​

First or best = not fully exclusive, that's pretty clear. You don't say "first on" if it isn't available elsewhere later.

If they were okay with bleeding tons of money for years with Gamepass and Bethesda, they wouldn't have tried to double the Xbox Live Gold price overnight recently. This move shows they don't want to go too far in the red (although obviously, they technically could with MS money. It just feels they don't have the greenlight for that from the higher ups, as it should, considering the multiple failures recorded by Xbox brand over the years), so it's a confirmation of what the CFO said.

There were other ways to push people to Gamepass, like making it basically free for years for everybody. That's not the choice they made, probably because Xbox installed base is low which means success is uncertain, so they prefer keeping a less costly exit door in case it doesn't work.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member

Once again, the man who hinted at putting biggest Bethesda games on PlayStation is Xbox CFO himself, and actually so did Phil Spencer, but you probably know better than them (hint : no you don't).

The maths just don't add up if you make a high budget game and make it available only on 30 % of the console base or less, which is what Xbox is worldwide compared to 70 % PlayStation. Or Xbox must get a much bigger market share first. Smaller Bethesda games nobody cares about may be exclusive to Gamepass though, obviously.

But all this doesn't matter much, because there's no Elder Scrolls coming out before years, probably not this gen.
Lol, dumbest post I’ve read all year - including that weird ass post that wanted to be a manifesto or a call to arms or something, read like a twelve year olds 4chan spasm. Anyway, don’t breed, and cut back back on the cope-ium. I’ve explained how you’re laughably wrong. Re-read the post until it makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom