• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
After reaching the last page, reading through all it seems not much been revealed/leaked.:messenger_crying:

giphy.gif

Jen_yakzua

This is a list of some of the things that Tommy fisher has said over the last month or so, and I plan on doing this for the all the other INSIDERS(whether you believe their information or not)This was made mostly to keep everybody on track.

XseX - 12.1 RDNA 2.0 Flops
PS5 - 13.3 RDNA 2.0 Flops

You read it first here folks ;)
heatsinkpatent.png
Take a look at this cooling solution patent by Sony carefully, very very carefully indeed. You're gonna find the answer. ;)
Prospero and Anaconda GPUs are basically the same. Sony's cooling solution for PS5 will make the biggest difference here.
They definitely have made a new (evolutionary) cooling solution for PS5 that allows them to rise the Clock speed for GPU in a console size box like never seen before. FACT.

That's not correct.
PS5>>SeX - GPU
PS5>>>>>SeX - SSD
PS5>>>SeX - Ram size (bandwidth too?)
SeX>PS5 - CPU speed
SeX>=PS5 - Noise
I Don't have access to this kind of information but i feel like Sony will announce the acquision of one of this studios alongside the release of the PS5
  • Bluepoint Games
  • Supermassive Games
  • Remedy Intertainement
  • Kojima Productions
  • Homesquare
The kind of Memory and tech behind Solid State Drive definitely are the most mysterious things about PS5 that Sony puts a super special emphasis on them unlike the GPU and CPU which basically are the same as SeX. Be ready for some huge meltdowns.
Shading Units: 3,328
TMUS: 208
ROPS: 88
Compute Units: 52
L1 Cache: 32 KB (Per CU)
L2 Cache: 4MB
Clock ~ 2.0Ghz
Memory Type: ---
Memory Size: ---
Bus Width: ---
Just need to remind you things that i said before for the last time\
GPU: PS5>SeX ~10%
RayTracing Accelerators: PS5>X1 (PS5's RT works by using acceleration structures and algorithms much like nVidia's RTX cores)
CPU: Sex>PS5 ~ 6%
Memory: PS5>Sex for the size and bandwidth
SSD: PS5>Sex ~ Over twice as fast (this is the biggest and most noticable difference)
Fan noise (Dev-Kit): Sex>PS5 (not as egregious 1x vs. Pro).

BTW it's up to you believe me or not, but things gonna be clear very soon and you will find out who knows and who knows shit.

Bonus?
Remedy and Housemarque have been in Sony's WWS family for a while now!

Techland belongs to MS now!
From Audio to Visual, From Gamepad to Console design, PS5 will definitely be more ADVANCED!

ok
Who says PS5 will be in a small form factor? Kind of volume like original "fat" PlayStation 3 at least.

BTW, Bluepoint's next project gonna be a remaster/remake of much more ancient title than the 2009 one. You actually don't need to remaster/remake a title when you're doing something far more ambitious in the same universe/setting with a sequel!
Speaking about the bombs, what if you could play almost all the Previous PS libraries in an enhanced situation?! You definitely don't want Bluepoint to do a DS remaster when you simply can play it in 4K/60fps via BC.
BTW, Jim Ryan's main point of 'the bigger differences [vs PS4] have yet to be revealed' comment is about PS5 backwards compatibility will run "almost all" previous PlayStation games to date. (PS1, PS2, PS4 and PS3 included). This is gonna be the one big step forward for them in start of the next generation and a true meltdown.
And that's not all
"More than 8 times as powerful as vanilla PS4 and four times as powerful as the PS4 Pro",

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You want a mode like Xbox One... I just show you a setup to work exactly like Xbox One but you create excuse.
You should remove your Xbox One from the wall plug because that is the only way to make a cold boot with it.
Dude. Just stop. You're fucking with him. I'm, for some odd reason, refusing to believe you dont know what a "connected standby" mode is. Xbox one absolutely shuts off without unplugging it. You can also do a hard reboot to clear cache when console is on as well. I dont know where you get that if a usb has power to charge while the device is powered off it must still be in "standby". The Xbox one literally becomes a usb charger and NOTHING ELSE. How the hell do you deduct that its....just...never mind...lol...holy hell.
Sony. Please, for god's sake, release some info. Your playerbase is eating themselves. Lol

pasterpl

Dont you guys think that these biometric DualShocks, wireless charging etc. can be Increase the price of PS5 even more? We know rumours about PS5 BOM but if these are true the actual console would have to be 9-10 tf. Unless there is another SKU?

ethomaz

Banned
Dude. Just stop. You're fucking with him. I'm, for some odd reason, refusing to believe you dont know what a "connected standby" mode is. Xbox one absolutely shuts off without unplugging it. You can also do a hard reboot to clear cache when console is on as well. I dont know where you get that if a usb has power to charge while the device is powered off it must still be in "standby". The Xbox one literally becomes a usb charger and NOTHING ELSE. How the hell do you deduct that its....just...never mind...lol...holy hell.
Sony. Please, for god's sake, release some info. Your playerbase is eating themselves. Lol
Xbox One doesn’t shut off while connected to energy... it is still in a standby mode... it is a lesser stand by mode than Instant Resume? Yes but it is still in stand by.

The only way to shut down and do a cold boot with Xbox One is removing the power cable from the energy line.

Last edited:

rntongo

Banned
It's also worthwhile introducing the issue if cost here. Microsoft states their Ray tracing solution is 'patented'. That means it is at no cost to their BOM per unit? Apart from the RnD cost.

Whereas what has been suggested as Sony's solution, would add to the cost per unit for the entire duration of it's life cycle, for every unit sold and this is not getting into the question of which solution is best. I doubt a licensed solution would be cheap and presumably it would be a cost on the next next generation too?
Thats definitely a possibility!

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Dont you guys think that these biometric DualShocks, wireless charging etc. can be Increase the price of PS5 even more? We know rumours about PS5 BOM but if these are true the actual console would have to be 9-10 tf. Unless there is another SKU?
The wireless charging patent is for an attachment.. not sure why anyone would think Sony would include that pointless thing with controllers. They'll charge people for it separately.

Patents just don't mean that much in general; some could be for a "DualShock Elite" type controller, others could just be.. patents.. for some maybe potential future controller.

What we do know is they have improved rumble with their new haptic feedback.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's also worthwhile introducing the issue if cost here. Microsoft states their Ray tracing solution is 'patented'. That means it is at no cost to their BOM per unit? Apart from the RnD cost.

Whereas what has been suggested as Sony's solution, would add to the cost per unit for the entire duration of it's life cycle, for every unit sold and this is not getting into the question of which solution is best. I doubt a licensed solution would be cheap and presumably it would be a cost on the next next generation too?
Where did MS say their ray tracing was patented? I've seen them say that about their VRS solution.. but either way, that could be a software patent, not on the hardware.

MarkMe2525

I swear there's a ton more xbox fans in this thread than sony fans.
I feel the extreme opposite. I think it must be some confirmation bias we all go through. I own both out prefer Xbox so it seems like everyone here dogs Xbox. If I were primarily rooting for PlayStation I might feel the opposite.

Perrott

On PS5 side, there's not a lot we've even seen with software. Rumors, sure, but nothing concrete outside of Godfall which looks like it could be fun. Demon's Souls Remastered would be pretty big, but it depends on if it's actually happening or not. Everything else is speculation. GT7? Yeah I'd be down for that...whenever it gets confirmed and gets shown. GTA6? It'll be multiplatform. Uncharted 5? We know that's years off from now xD. Same goes for the next God of War, etc. Other stuff I'd expect like Street Fighter, Tekken, Farcry, Resident Evil etc., they'll all be multiplatform. Maybe they get a marketing deal with Sony or a marketing deal with Microsoft, multiplatform all the same.
Some PS5 exclusive games that should/could be ready in time for launch and the first half of 2020:

1. New AAA IP from Arrowhead Game Studios. Coop Multiplayer. Third Person.
  2. New AAA IP from Housemarque. Story focused. Multiplayer. Weird concept (think Control). Third Person. Explosions.
  3. New AAA IP from Japan Studio. Really ambitious. Set in space. Moved to PS5.
  4. New Wild Arms by MediaVision. In development since 2017.
  5. New Ape Escape by Japan Studio.
  6. Demon's Souls by Bluepoint Games. Reimagining.
  7. New Gran Turismo by Polyphony Digital.
  8. New Ratchet and Clank by Insomniac Games.
  9. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 by Guerrilla Games.
  10. VR Games from FireSprite, Supermassive, Japan Studio.
A solid lineup in my eyes, with a lot of variety.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
So like Rest Mode?

Xbox One doesn’t shut off while connected to energy... it is still in a standby mode... it is a lesser stand by mode than Instant Resume? Yes but it is still in stand by.

The only way to shut down and do a cold boot with Xbox One is removing the power cable from the energy line.
False. All devices hold some power when plugged in. Does not mean it's in standby. I guess your hair dryer is in standby mode because its plugged in and drawing some power while off. Jesus.
You absolutely, 100% can cold boot, without unplugging, and completely clear all cache like it's been unplugged for a bit. You can also do this while on and rebooting.

You dont know how to do this and are completely misinforming people. If you want to ask nicely and apologize to these fine folks for misleading them, I'd be glad to educate you on this incredible secret. 🤭

Null_Key

Neo Member
If I have one gripe at the moment I wished Sony would change that PS5 logo, it would be awesome if at their reveal if they showed the PS5 logo but it changes its font and replaces the 5 with a V, sort of like when Final Fantasy Versus 13 was changed to 15 at E3.

TLZ

Banned
this is why sometimes i love nintendo fans more than sony or ms or even pc fans

all you guys bickering is raw power number, fps, resolution...some of these fanboy even had pleasure looking down on others wherever there chances arise

i rather watching nintendo fans bickering about pokemon games than always whinning about tf number, fps, and native resolution
My man, some delusional Nintendo fanboys think the Switch is more powerful than xbone and PS4. Let that sink in.

Let's not forget what's happening this year in current gen, mate. First, Sony has much more respect for current gen to bring 2 major exclusives that would more likely to hit as nominees for 2020 GOTY, and xbox one is left in the dark. What MS doing now is trying to throw some shade on it's horrendous current gen and fast forward to next gen. They've got nothing to lose, at all. With games being available on PC, sales might get worse for next gen, even though Xbox is much cheaper then PC and has much more bang-for-the-buck, there are some who would anyway buy a PC and play on it, and then get PS4 for exclusives.

Sony doesn't need to show anything, they should stick to their plan.

Yeah, agreed that Sony isn't in a squeeze to show much right now, and it's best for them to stick to their plan. But I think you're overstating the affect having cross-platform 1st party on PC will actually hurt XSX and MS. The number of PC gamers who have rigs (or are into that thing) capable of competing with or beating next-gen systems is absolutely microscopic. It's a small niche, but a very profitable one, hence why AMD and Nvidia make cards aimed at them. And FWIW, they make those same products because high-end PC gamers aren't the only clients: businesses also purchase and utilize them, be it for data centers, graphics workstations, servers etc. So even if the actual number of high-end PC gamers is small, they benefit by businesses wanting those products as well.

Actually, Ori and the Blind Forest was a GOTY contender the year it came out IIRC and even won a few awards if I'm not mistaken. The sequel has a very good chance of being the running just like the original was. Counting it out just because it's "2D" or "cartoony" (not saying you're doing that, but there are a lot of people who will) is short-sighted. And Halo:Infinite will very likely be in the running for GOTY nominations as well. Slice it however you want, but a game having $500 million invested into it (a ridiculous number TBF, even if a lot of that is towards marketing, DLC, cross-media promotional material etc.) is going to be in some of those GOTY runnings, that's just a given.

Just because MS is being more open about their next-gen plans doesn't mean they're absolutely done with current gen, imo. Quite the opposite, honestly. They don't have the same type of things planned to cap of current gen the way Sony does, but that doesn't mean they have nothing for current gen, either. Just the games I mentioned alone are proof of that.

Some PS5 exclusive games that should/could be ready in time for launch and the first half of 2020:

2. New AAA IP from Housemarque. Story focused. Multiplayer. Weird concept (think Control). Third Person. Explosions.

It is. Too bad not a single one has been confirmed or shown off. I'm sure they will come eventually, some sooner than others, but for now we only know they might be in development or could possibly be in development. That's it.

Would love for ANY of these to get an actual teaser trailer or even image released though. Only ones that might make it to launch window from your list are Demon's Souls and Gran Turismo 7 at this rate.

Last edited:

Null_Key

Neo Member

I would Absolutely love a new Wild Arms, is their anything shown proof wise that they have been developing it since 2017?

So like Rest Mode?
That I do not know. I haven't owned a ps4 and will not pretend to know what it's modes represent. I do know how the xbox one operates which is why I commented on that side of things. I would think PS would have something similar as it's "off" mode. According to posts above it sounds like Sony has an option to have usb ports on while powered off, but looks to draw quite a bit more. Not sure why that matters, though. It all depends if that option is tied to any kind of cache holds, memory use, or other power draws. The link posted seems awfully high for just having usb powered on, but I don't know. Haven't researched at all.

So it has come to this..... since specs can't be disputed right now, people are bickering over power save mode and controller power.... you learn something new everyday.

The Very Passionate Front Line Warriors must stand their ground!

XboT: My Console collect more dust then yours!

Pony: My Console collects more dust and blows more dust because of the Jet Engine Blower!

Sony::: PS5 News SOony

Somethings Never Change... Guys I was joking and trying to bring a lil Humor to the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom