• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeneaGames

That's exactly what I meant. The devs tells one interviewer Demon's Souls doesn't use RT reflections, but tells the other that they do use a form of ray-traced global ilumination. At this point I'm afraid only the devs know if they mean a hardware-based GI o just a software-based one like Nanite. In any case it seems clear to me that they were just answering different questions, and that's why we can find it a bit contradictory.

As I understood it, Lumen (not Nanite) still uses the GPU to calculate the bouncing rays of light. So to call it software based feels weird.

I think there can be a full software, running on CPU, implementation, a semi software implementation using the GPU (non RT GPU) for most calculations and a full GPU implementation.

Lumen is the second. I also remember reading that Lumen takes less GPU resources than using a GPU's RT capabilities.

I think we will see a lot of games going for the Frankenstein method. Use less resource heavy ways of creating RT like features wuthout using a GPU's RT extensions AND use real RT for things they can't use other methods.

I believe many of the Sony games are doing this and it looks marvelous so far!

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Who are these clowns and why the fuck did they use a PlayStation 5 game for this photo? I can't :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jumping conclusions.

It just means the cable on PS5 was not send to HDMI certification to cut costs.

So it is probably a HDMI 2.1 that supports 48Gbps.

BTW the certification was never required to be a perfect 48Gbps cable and it is just a seal to make sure consumers are buying the right cable... you don’t need to know that with the cable that come with PS5 because it will works with all resolutions and refresh rate PS5 outputs... you are not choosing a cable to buy lol

Last edited:

Anchovie123

gXc8tCB.png

Good lord! What is Yong doing!?!

Also he demonstrates taking off the side panels pretty well in his video. I dont know if other unboxers did this.

ethomaz

Banned
Quick question. The only advantage with 2.1 is 4K 120FPS correct? And the 2.0 cable allows 4K 60FPs correct?

With that said unless your screen supports 4K 120FPs you should be fine with the PS5s cable. Also not alot of games will support 4K 120FPs so that cable should be fine for most games.
You will be fine with all resolution and refresh rates makes on PS5 box with the included cable.

Certification is optional and just means the HDMI group tested it... you can makes HDMI 2.1 cables without certification... you can even make a better cable than the certified one without have the certification.

Last edited:
You will be fine with all resolution and refresh rates makes on PS5 box with the included cable.

Certification is optional and just means the HDMI group tested it... you can makes HDMI 2.1 cables without certification... you can even make a better cable than the certified one without have the certification.

My monitor only supports up to 4K 60FPs. Definitely not buying one that supports 4K 120FPs.

sircaw

Banned
Some will say Xbox can do the same with Instant Resume lol
Instant only in name of course.

yep, i too have seen a lot of posts these last few days downplaying the ssd and i would turn of those features straight away if i had that dual sense controller. bla bla bla.

Give me a fucking break. Glorious, its going to be Glorious.

thought of this song, no idea why but its awesome.

Dodkrake

Banned
RGT discussing RT on Demon Souls, a few of our fellow Gaffers like Dodkrake Dodkrake were also seen in the video lol

Interesting comments from RGT which also mirror what I said earlier, the first wave of games for either console won't be pushing the hardware or leveraging new features like ray tracing and even the Geometry Engine on the PS5, when developers have become more familiar with the hardware and spent more time with it they'll understand the feature sets much better and how the could implement them into the games. An issue he mentioned was that it was harder for Microsoft/Series X especially since the development kits were sent out quite late, might explain why we've seen so little from the Microsoft first parties.

Timestampped link

I didn't get your reference.

Nvm! got it

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
I wouldn't know. I studied film production and have experience in audio, moving, editing but won't lie and say I'm an audio expert that can vouch for Jez in this instance. Sounds too good to be true but then again why lie about something everyone will see for themselves in a few days

Because Jez is catering to an audience that will retweet that for console warring. Microphones will always capture sound, no matter how minute it is, if their response rate is not horrible (and I mean horrible). He probably uses something akin to the SM7B by Shure and trust me, that shit will capture a fly flying next to it (if it's calibrated to pick up your voice).

HAL-01

First party games and “plans” and “promises”. Hmm where did we hear this before? Oh only for every gimmick introduced in every video game console ever. Is this your first new gen or something? lol
Lmao stop pretending like next gen rumble is just a gimmick, and wishing and praying that devs won’t support it just cause that means you’d be missing out

Loxus

i am fucking daft but i can not find it where he says that or when he is talking about the infinity cache bit.
around -35:00, it'll change as the stream goes along.

Edit -37:00, but I'd wait until the stream finishes to watch it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Thanks for the links guys, ok well if that is true, that's one a hell of a bombshell.

but i am sure someone said there would be no space for that infinity cache, as there was no space.

Saying that i trust paul and not this guy so much. so i am going to take this with a large grain of salt.

Saying that, he does sound really sure in his findings, humm, interesting times coming.

how many times did i flip flop in the above paragraph.

Fs i am like X-fighter on speed.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the links guys, ok well if that is true, that's one a hell of a bombshell.

but i am sure someone said there would be no space for that infinity cache, as there was no space.

Saying that i trust paul and not this guy so much. so i am going to take this with a large grain of salt.

Saying that, he does sound really sure in his findings, humm, interesting times coming.

how many times did i flip flop in the above paragraph.

Fs i am like X-fighter on speed.
Personally I think he's just been recycling Paul's information.

And at least RGT admits to it when he doesn't know too much about a certain leak or he can't confirm it 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom