• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly with this state right now, I feel like we ain't gonna get anything tomorrow, nor in February, because if something is going to be announced tomorrow then we'd certainly have guys like ZHuge, Jason Schreier or developers maybe strongly hinting at tomorrow being the day or February being the month that something big will take place.

I mean even Jason Schreier replied to someone some days ago on Twitter stating: 'I have no idea'.
JylHm9P.png
So then if not in February, March? I keep thinking back to Shawn Layden’s quote back in 2013, saying retailers had to be informed on new console details early in the year so they can make plans for launch, and that June was way too late for that. Then they held their PS Meeting in February of that year. Also, Jim Ryan said at the recent CES that we’d be hearing more “in the coming months.” I’m still thinking February, even if it means a State of Play announced 3 days ahead of time.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
  • PS5 reveal event set for 5th February 2020
  • PS5 release date is in October 2020
  • PS5 price is $499/£449, only one model
  • PS5 launch games include: Gran Turismo 7, MLB The Show 21, Demon's Souls Remastered, Godfall, Legendz (new IP from Sony Santa Monica Studio)
  • Games teased at PS5 reveal: Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel, Marvel's Spider-Man sequel, new sci-fi IP from Naughty Dog, new IP from SIE Japan, new IP from London Studio, Final Fantasy XVI, new Resident Evil
  • PS5 specs "almost on par" with Xbox Series X, leak claims Series X is more expensive, PS5 more powerful than cheaper Xbox "Lockhart"
  • PS5 slogan is "It's time to play"

My sources just verified to me on the phone that everything this guy mentions is 100% true. And yea, the Xbox Series X is indeed more powerful than the PS5. Even the price he mentions is correct. So I would believe that PS5 = 9TFLOPS and XSX 10TFLOPS

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
Honestly, that's just PR, I remember some executive from EA saying PS4 was like a supercomputer in 2013.
Yeah, however in this article they implied that the machines are more powerful than they expected, which I thought was interesting to note. Gives more confidence that they won't be underpowered because they are apparently exceeding expectations.

most important is the answer of 0006

Thanks, very interesting. I have read all the answers, we will have new Tomb Raider in E3 for PS5 and Xb SX, The Avengers special edition with better graphics in PS5 and Xb SX, and a relaunch of FF7. Also confirms the second part of Nier Automata multiplatform and Thief Confirms on 3 occasions that PS5 is presented in February for sure.

bitbydeath

My sources just verified to me on the phone that everything this guy mentions is 100% true. And yea, the Xbox Series X is indeed more powerful than the PS5. Even the price he mentions is correct.

Even the games? That’s the unbelievable part IMO.

Naughty Dog and FF specifically since both wouldn’t want to overshadow their current developments.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have said before I like the date 2-5 to go with the 25 years of PlayStation.

If we get anything on the 5th it has to be a State of Play at this point.

Some side notes what you have verified is a lot of what my buddy at SIE believes as well including the power numbers.

I should be able to find out about The Show being a launch game though, sent him a text on that.

That game has always launched with real Baseball Season so that would be a very early launch for that.

My sources just verified to me on the phone that everything this guy mentions is 100% true. And yea, the Xbox Series X is indeed more powerful than the PS5. Even the price he mentions is correct. So I would believe that PS5 = 9TFLOPS and XSX 10TFLOPS

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

MLB the Show is a March release, not October.
As for the rest, well, we shall certainly see.

Last edited:

Yessss, finally some commitment! We'll know in less than a week if your sources are legit or not. I don't mean that negatively either, I truly just want some concrete information on the PS5 regardless of power level.

Fingers crossed!

Yessss, finally some commitment! We'll know in less than a week if your sources are legit or not. I don't mean that negatively either, I truly just want some concrete information on the PS5 regardless of power level.

Fingers crossed!
I don’t see how it’s possible that that chip we saw Phil Spencer post on his twitter timeline will lead to a 10TF XBSX. Thats a 12TF chip, unless they are clocking it at an unbelievably low rate, which would make no sense. It’s a 52-56 CU die.

I don’t see how it’s possible that that chip we saw Phil Spencer post on his twitter timeline will lead to a 10TF XBSX. Thats a 12TF chip, unless they are clocking it at an unbelievably low rate, which would make no sense. It’s a 52-56 CU die.

I know. But I don't care. I just want to start getting some information and in turn, identifying who to trust and who to ignore for next gen information.

schaft0620

Sonys going to show Naughty Dogs new game before TLOU2 releases and Capcom is going to show a 3rd RE game is year?

I'm going to vote no.

And GT7 at launch when they said GT Sport is running on PS5 nah maybe Q1 2021 but not day 1.

Last edited:
I stated for a lonnnng while that I believed both machines would be around 10TF. Until Phil came with that "do the math" stuff and all the leaks and then I believed the 12TF.

Can't wait to know the truth. I believe we'll be fine with either. No Jaguar CPUs is enough no make me hyped.

Wait, so the Series X is going to cost more than $499?

ethomaz

Banned
Or RT is talking way more than people believe.
Estimates are using the size increase per CU from nVidia to RT that can be complete off.

Let’s say RT increases in 30% the size of the CU... you can’t fit 60CUs in 400mm2 anymore.

Last edited:
Did your source mention TFlop numbers or just that both consoles are very close?

Lol... thats a bit contradictory...

Not really, but maybe poorly worded. What I mean is, I just want the reveal already. If it's on the 5th, and the PS5 is around 9-10tf - great, I can confidently ignore Tommy, Klee etc. If the reveal is not on the 5th and the PS5/XSX are closer to 12tf, I can safely ignore VFX and maybe Heisenberg, at least in relation to the SIE source.

I just want to start filtering out all of the conflicting information.

How predictable. Lower than 12tf to help you feel more secure about your preferred platform along with PS5 being the weakest of the two.

At least this is better than trying to bullshit your way out of your original prediction by switching from 1080 to 1080ti due to your "source" aka Windows Central & DF leaking new specs for XSX.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Sonys going to show Naughty Dogs new game before TLOU2 releases and Capcom is going to show a 3rd RE game is year?

I'm going to vote no.

And GT7 at launch when they said GT Sport is running on PS5x nah maybe Q1 2021 but not day 1.

I double that, showing something potentially more advanced than your current next release is pointless.

benzy

Legendz with a “z” is the name for Santa Monica’s new IP huh... either SM is highly unoriginal, or the "leaker" is, and I'm betting it's the leaker. Also that’s the same leak that said Sony will attend e3.

giphy.gif

VFXVeteran

Banned

Fingers crossed!

Please realize that the dates are unknown!! It's the content that I was mentioning and should have stated such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom