• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

Either Sony is just using the native calendar emojis (likely) in both apps, or they noticed by some fluke the dates used point to events in their schedule (a lot less likely).

Sr4xhu5.jpg

Cool design concept.

5b67beba-ps5-playstation-5-concept-vr4player-002-1140x641.jpg

78c56cc3-ps5-playstation-5-concept-vr4player-001-1140x641.jpg

bitbydeath

Gold Member
how can anyone really believe that there is a meeting tomorrow from where we will get public information ?

without any announcement ? without key personal like shuhei yoshida being there ?

hard to imagine.

for me its ovious that this tommy guy is just a troll like this other guy who posted the fake pics of the devkit.

Does anyone believe there is a meeting tomorrow? I’m saying people were jumping to conclusions as always happens when thirsty.

BGs

Industry Professional
Bg! Te lo escribo en español por si acaso. En el otro sitio (ERA) piensan que lo que dijiste sobre el evento en el Sony Hall mañana se trata de un ensayo o anuncio de que Sony adquiere la empresa de juegos Remedy. Estoy casi seguro que quisiste traducir una frase en español y quisiste decir irónicamente medicación para la ansiedad jaja.

For all the english speakers: I believe on the other site BG wrote a joke about a private event in Sony's Hall tomorrow, basically impliying that they (Sony) would be gifting anxiety medication. Medication it's spelled remedio in spanish, that's where the confusion could have come lol.

If you need help translating something I'm here!

Cheers!

Edit: this is the quote from the other site for those wondering;

Throughout the month there has been speculation about an announcement on February 29 for the simple fact that there is a private event in the Sony Hall that day. And I say that, put to speculate, tomorrow there is also a private event.... and in March there are also several if I am not wrong. But that does not mean that those events have to be from Sony.

On the other hand, also this month, there has been speculation about the purchase of Remedy.

Based on these speculations, I wanted to say that ... "put to speculate, tomorrow there is also an event. Maybe someone announces a" home remedy for anxiety ", but logically I do not know what they do tomorrow at that event. Maybe they advertise croquettes. And look that I have said it clearly "NOT pretending to imply anything, I'm just giving public information."

I guess, apart from the language, the problem is that people take it for granted that you are an industry professional, you just talk to announce things. If not, I don't have anything to announce, or work as a remedy, or work at Sony, or hint at anything. If I have something to say I will say it clearly. If tomorrow something related to the consoles in the Sony Hall is announced, it will be pure coincidence. I don't want any kind of responsibility in this regard.

Durante todo el mes se ha estado especulando sobre un anuncio el 29 de Febrero por el simple hecho de que ese día hay un evento privado en la Sony Hall. Y yo digo que, puestos a especular, mañana también hay un evento privado.... y en Marzo también hay varios si no estoy equivocado. Pero eso no significa que esos eventos tengan que ser de Sony.

Por otro lado, también este mes, se ha estado especulando sobre la compra de Remedy.

En base a estas especulaciones yo he querido decir que... "puestos a especular, mañana también hay un evento. Tal vez alguien anuncia un "remedio" casero para la ansiedad", pero lógicamente yo no se qué hacen mañana en ese evento. Tal vez anuncian croquetas. Y mira que lo he dicho claro "NO pretendo insinuar nada, solo estoy dando información pública".

Supongo que, aparte del idioma, el problema es que la gente da por hecho que si eres un profesional de la industria solo hablas para anunciar cosas. Y no. Ni tengo nada que anunciar, ni trabajo en Remedy, ni trabajo en Sony, ni insinúo nada. Si tengo algo que decir lo diré claramente. Si mañana se anuncia algo relacionado con las consolas en el Sony Hall sera pura coincidencia. No quiero ningún tipo de responsabilidad al respecto.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Throughout the month there has been speculation about an announcement on February 29 for the simple fact that there is a private event in the Sony Hall that day. And I say that, put to speculate, tomorrow there is also a private event.... and in March there are also several if I am not wrong. But that does not mean that those events have to be from Sony.

On the other hand, also this month, there has been speculation about the purchase of Remedy.

Based on these speculations, I wanted to say that ... "put to speculate, tomorrow there is also an event. Maybe someone announces a" home remedy for anxiety ", but logically I do not know what they do tomorrow at that event. Maybe they advertise croquettes. And look that I have said it clearly "NOT pretending to imply anything, I'm just giving public information."

I guess, apart from the language, the problem is that people take it for granted that you are an industry professional, you just talk to announce things. If not, I don't have anything to announce, or work as a remedy, or work at Sony, or hint at anything. If I have something to say I will say it clearly. If tomorrow something related to the consoles in the Sony Hall is announced, it will be pure coincidence. I don't want any kind of responsibility in this regard.

Durante todo el mes se ha estado especulando sobre un anuncio el 29 de Febrero por el simple hecho de que ese día hay un evento privado en la Sony Hall. Y yo digo que, puestos a especular, mañana también hay un evento privado.... y en Marzo también hay varios si no estoy equivocado. Pero eso no significa que esos eventos tengan que ser de Sony.

Por otro lado, también este mes, se ha estado especulando sobre la compra de Remedy.

En base a estas especulaciones yo he querido decir que... "puestos a especular, mañana también hay un evento. Tal vez alguien anuncia un "remedio" casero para la ansiedad", pero lógicamente yo no se qué hacen mañana en ese evento. Tal vez anuncian croquetas. Y mira que lo he dicho claro "NO pretendo insinuar nada, solo estoy dando información pública".

Supongo que, aparte del idioma, el problema es que la gente da por hecho que si eres un profesional de la industria solo hablas para anunciar cosas. Y no. Ni tengo nada que anunciar, ni trabajo en Remedy, ni trabajo en Sony, ni insinúo nada. Si tengo algo que decir lo diré claramente. Si mañana se anuncia algo relacionado con las consolas en el Sony Hall sera pura coincidencia. No quiero ningún tipo de responsabilidad al respecto.

Thanks BGs for the clarification.

schaft0620

Remedy is a publicly-traded company and any action to acquire a single part of Remedy, the bid alone would be news. Not announced at a venue in NYC, it would appear in finance articles nearly minutes later after a bid was placed.

Owning so much as 53% of Remedy would require at least 20 different bids because they are owned by collections of people, publically traded.

Last edited:

You are now vetted.

Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

You are no longer allowed to guess or give opinions.

Everything you say must 100% come true or you will be burned at the stake.

You have been warned. ;)

Chromata

Millions of people visit NY every week, him bing in NY is being read into way too much. Now if he was in SFO or San Mateo OK I get it.

That's why we can't conclusively say there's going to be something tomorrow. There are a bunch of small clues which could lead to something or could all be coincidences.

I'm not denying the possibility that Sam Lake is just visiting NY, BG was joking based off that info, and that all just happens to be occurring on the same date of PS4's PS meeting tease.

Do you think Sam Lake is going to reveal the PS5 in NY to a room full of Sony employees? Honest question. Nobody else is in NY right now.

Of course not, Shu isn't the only person at Sony capable of hosting an event. How do you know that nobody else is in NY?

Gediminas

Banned
You are now vetted.

Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

You have been warned. ;)
i think, you should clearly state what you know and what you don't know.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

So you're saying Sony will have an event tomorrow with several events in March to further detail the release? AWESOME!

schaft0620

That's why we can't conclusively say there's going to be something tomorrow. There are a bunch of small clues which could lead to something or could all be coincidences.

I'm not denying the possibility that Sam Lake is just visiting NY, BG was joking based off that info, and that all just happens to be occurring on the same date of PS4's PS meeting tease.

Of course not, Shu isn't the only person at Sony capable of hosting an event. How do you know that nobody else is in NY?

I could list of 10 or 15 people based on their soical media posts that would be a media event for the PS5 that are not in NY right now and you would just say, "Of course not, x isn't the only person at Sony capable of hosting an event."

I don't think Shu would even host a PS5 event but, you have to be smoking crack if you think that they would have one without him there.

There has never even been a reason to think there will be a NY event. It's just everyones best guess.

Last edited:

Chromata

And there it is, looks like there was nothing to it. It's been like that all month (just like with Jaffe), so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens tomorrow.

Seems like Sony is doing a great job preventing leaks, even insiders don't know what's going on, and Sony isn't in a hurry to say anything.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
And there it is, looks like there was nothing to it. It's been like that all month (just like with Jaffe), so I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens tomorrow.

Seems like Sony is doing a great job preventing leaks, even insiders don't know what's going on, and Sony isn't in a hurry to say anything.

I don’t know why anyone expected BGs BGs to have this sort of information. Specs sure, secret Sony plans, nope.

You are now vetted.

You have been warned. ;)

I know you’re joking but this is not far from true... not far at all..

On a side note is your special source from a company with a name starting with B.....?

Chromata

I could list of 10 or 15 people based on their soical media posts that would be a media event for the PS5 that are not in NY right now and you would just say, "Of course not, x isn't the only person at Sony capable of hosting an event."

I don't think Shu would even host a PS5 event but, you have to be smoking crack if you think that they would have one without him there.

There has never even been a reason to think there will be a NY event. It's just everyones best guess.

Which is exactly my point. I can't say what will happen, I can only guess. If we knew for certain there was no NY event, there would be no guessing.

I'm not invested enough into this to track their social media and keep tabs. I agree with you that it's probably a good hint at what's going on. However the big wigs at Sony can basically fly around the world on demand (so long as it suits their schedule).

I disagree with you regarding Shu though. It seems like Sony wants to have more events of smaller magnitude that are directly targeting consumers. I don't see why these things can't be planned and orchestrated without Shu. I'd expect him to be there for big events like the reveal itself.

LED Guy?

Banned
So many Neo User fanboys trying freaking hard to discredit me just because i said their future toy gonna be the weakest one ::messenger_grinning_sweat:! Hard days ahead.
Which one will be weaker? And please can you give us any information on when the reveal happens, or any hint at all? Please answer It's getting so dry in here 😧😩😩

Reindeer

Damn, you guys are practically begging these "insiders" for info. Have some pride and most importantly, have some patience. I haven't seen any solid info from any of these "insiders" after all the begging that's been going on here.

Last edited:

webber

What happened to cboat? I remember this thread loosing its shit when he said criptic shit more so than anyone else's criptic shit.

benzy

Sorry, sometimes I do not read well in English and I might have misunderstood (if so I apologize) but, I think I understand that you say that some developers are frustrated or disappointed with the effective power of the new consoles?

If so, I would like to make my point of view on the subject known.

As a developer, I can tell you that, for my part, I don't agree with you at all. To me personally PS5 (for example) seems like a beast.

And with respect to the rest of the developers, I don't know them all, so I wouldn't know what to say, but to those I do know, none has told me to be disappointed but quite the opposite.

It is true that I do not know everyone, much less, I know a small minority, and therefore I cannot draw a general conclusion about it. It is also true that there may have been problems with some initial devkits (I personally do not know, but it could happen) and that these problems trigger specific criticisms in the internal sector. But if we stop to look at the surveys of the GDC to get a somewhat more general idea, what the opinions say is that the developers (logically) in 50% opt for the PC. But if you leave the PC and go to consoles, the one that is most expected is PS5. Then NSW. And then XSX. This is a developer opinion. Why "disgruntled and frustrated" developers are looking forward to PS5? Maybe for the VR? Maybe for something else? Or maybe because it's not so bad? Or possibly because it surely ends up being the one with the most benefits within the domestic sector (after PC). That time will tell, but for now that is the result of the professional survey.

And I really tell you, if you are one of the professionals who feel frustrated or disappointed I would really like to know the reason. I really want to meet him, even if it's private. Surely I may lack information to give an adequate opinion. I really mean it.

I personally as a cross-platform developer can not marry anyone, but the data is there and like it or not what they are.

The reality is that we have reached a point where the technical quality (specific "technical") of a videogame begins to be totally limited by time and budget rather than by the hardware itself. That is what now creates more frustration for a developer. Not the machine. The machine leftovers the quality that the moment requires. But it is really difficult for man to work that quality in the time that the industry requests. And this is truly alarming for medium / small studies.

As I always say, I hope this text does not offend anyone, it is not my intention. English is not my native language so I use Google Translator and I don't know to what extent the tone of the conversation is translated well. If I have seemed rude or incorrect in any comment, please excuse me. And for the same reason, as I do not want to put you in a compromise, if you consider that it is better to give me your opinion privately I will understand.

See you.

Great input by an actual dev. Thanks for your posts and insight. :D

I'm curious, is the next-gen hardware strong enough to do ray-tracing in VR?

Last edited:
We all, except those who have seen specs, are shooting in the dark here, don't overestimate your position in reality, And you can't see a general picture of console performance and configuration, because if you seen general picture - you are insider who have seen specs in this context.

They do educated guess because they got their hands on actual information, they saw/heard actual specs or games. They might had credibility issues. Their information might be old, incomplete or compromised. But it still parts of general picture "what is the next gen consoles". And we, who didn't see the actual specs, are way behind and can only speculate, no matter how much time we spent time on "analysis". No matter how one may wish to cross this rift with the power of brain alone, it's not possible.

You like the leak way to much - you talk about it for days, with a long reads. Very invested into it. And you want others to talk about it. But most doesn't really care anymore. The general consensus long went past this leak, as it lacks details those can be put into context and dismissed as relevant by insiders. And we can't do much about it, insiders will not tell us how to make sense with this github data.
It's important point that you miss - you assume that this leak is relevant to current state of PS5. And people for most part only interested in current situation. But relevance is unproven and insiders push it as non-relevant.
And irrelevant info quickly forgotten, even if it's 100% correct.

There is clear line between dataminers and insiders. Dataminers have only access to data and not interpretation (they only have their guesses on interpretation). Insiders have access to both.
Yes, both sides can have credibility issues and may be compromised, but neveretheless insider have an upper hand in knowledge.
You have a very wrong opinion that just data is enough to make a proper conclusion. It does not - you have to know a proper way to interpret data, otherwise it's just junk information you don't know how to use.

I think this should be our last words on this particular issue, so I'll close out by saying this: yes, I've been talking about this a lot. System specs and features speculation, a lot,..just like many other people in this thread. I don't see why that should be used as a judgement against my POV, simply because, again, my conclusions differ from yours. This is a next-gen console thread, and I have been infatuated with console technology since I was a kid. Of course I'm going to talk about this kind of stuff xD. And for the "long reads" part, it's not some kind of agenda; I just really like writing a lot in general. If it weren't about next-gen systems it'd be about something else. If it's a topic I'm interested in greatly, I'll probably talk a lot about it. Isn't that what many passionate people do?

I don't necessarily care what the general consensus is...okay, that's a lie. To some extent I obviously do, but OTOH it's not something I'm going to feel pressured to jump along with, especially if I feel conclusions others are arriving to are out of possibly flimsy reasons or a need to affirm some narrative they want to see play out. But yes I can acknowledge if a majority of people would rather move besides the conclusions that others like myself arrive to. I just don't feel that popular vote should be used to say "hey, you're WRONG!!", either, especially for those of us who are fairly neutral on both the systems.

Your differentiation between dataminers and insiders feels arbitrary: both can have elements of both, and both can have neither. It's not an absolute. Looking at it as an absolute isn't the way to do this. You also seem to think all insiders are on the same page; they aren't and some are more privy to certain knowledge than others. For example one insider could be completely wrong about specs but be correct about a studio acquisition or software release. Another could be right about one aspect of specs but wrong about other aspects of related specs. Yet another could be right about specs that turn out to be from an older source, but wrong about those specs being relevant to a newer source they may not have access to.

The whole world of insiders is very complex and filled with tons of variables. By comparison I'd say dataminers actually have it easier: they search the databases, use reference codes to draw relations, dump the info and do this repeatedly over a period of time (and sometimes speculate on what it could mean). But that doesn't put them lower on the ladder than credible insiders. And more than anything, with my own speculation, I'm taking what both of those sides are saying, and seeing where they can converge for the most part, even if things may slightly lean one way over the other.

So I hope you can understand my perspective, because I'm considerate of yours. If not, we can agree to disagree. But that's all I honestly have to say on this issue of 'dataminers vs. insiders' or 'hard data vs. rumors'. I'm mainly waiting now for ANY official next-gen related news from either Sony or Microsoft, but particularly Sony since they've been so damn quiet.

For Translation you could try this site.
I think it works much better than the google translator.

https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Reactions: BGs
how can anyone really believe that there is a meeting tomorrow from where we will get public information ?

without any announcement ? without key personal like shuhei yoshida being there ?

hard to imagine.

for me its ovious that this tommy guy is just a troll like this other guy who posted the fake pics of the devkit.
This Tommy character and others are trolling so hard. Its quite amusing watching people fall for it page after page LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom