• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

It has less bandwidth though. The lower the bandwidth the less total images you can display.
And the sky is blue and water is wet?

XsX should be able to produce a higher res render, just as the PS5 should produce a lower res render but with higher quality or more variety of assets. These are the inherent strengths of each as officially presented by their owners.

Not sure why you threw that into a different convo. 😘

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Good pic.

But what you have backwards is; the faster your ssd = the smaller the streaming pool needed = the more ram available to the rest of the game. Not the other way around.

The PS5 I’m theory can have half the pool reserve compared to XsX, leaving more to the game. This is why people say PS5 can have more assets per visible scene it’s exactly due to this reason.

But if it’s using more detail per scene then the pool needs to be larger.

So it can’t be half the pool size and also have more detail. It’s a smaller adjustment than that but still significant.

If you don’t increase detail then you can shrink what you load up front (not your pool size) and load even faster. (Load less assets faster, double advantage)

That speed provides a few options.

B_Boss

Seriously bro? You don’t need to be a developer. 9gb/sec is a measure of speed. Like 100mp/h is measure of physical movement.

Picture a car going 100mph can get to its destination in half the speed of car going 50mph. Doesn’t matter if the destination is 1km away or 9km away.

If the car needs to deliver 100 boxes to its destination, the car going 50mph will need twice the trunk space to deliver the boxes than the car going 100mph which can do 2 trips x 50 boxes in the same amount of time.

Schmuntz what kind of “streets“ are we talking? Many turns? Straightaways? I couldn’t help but to wonder if that played a role in your analogy👌.

Shmunter

So it can’t be half the pool size and also have more detail. It’s a smaller adjustment than that but still significant.

If you don’t increase detail then you can shrink what you load up front (not your pool size) and load even faster. (Load less assets faster, double advantage)

Do you know what the pool is? It the data you are not seeing on screen. To render the scene is the other stuff, which you want more off.

IntentionalPun

Do you know what the pool is? It the data you are not seeing on screen. To render the scene is the other stuff, which you want more off.
Yes; it's the data for the next scene essentially. (speaking in layman's term, I'm a software dev, I understand how data caching works)

If you are using your SSD to paint more detailed scenes, then each scene needs more data. That doesn't just include the scene you are displaying at the moment, the scenes you need to load into the pool would also take more data.

It's like you are changing one variable (the amount of data the current scene is utilizing) and forgetting to adjust the other (the amount of data the scenes that are cached need to utilize.) Talking in a purely streaming no "loading screen" sense.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
The worst thing about the game is being 1st PV, would've loved to be 3rd PV.
I can see where you’re coming from, but I would say it being a 1st-person does make the game’s world more immersive to discover and walking into, but you can’t see your customized character while playing the game so what’s the point of customizing your character LOL!! But I see where you’re coming from, if you know what I mean...👀

Last edited:

yewles1

Seriously bro? You don’t need to be a developer. 9gb/sec is a measure of speed. Like 100mp/h is measure of physical movement.

Picture a car going 100mph can get to its destination in half the speed of car going 50mph. Doesn’t matter if the destination is 1km away or 9km away.

If the car needs to deliver 100 boxes to its destination, the car going 50mph will need twice the trunk space to deliver the boxes than the car going 100mph which can do 2 trips x 50 boxes in the same amount of time.
Nah, it's more like a wider road to allow more vehicles to drive on at once.

ethomaz

Banned
The Xbox Series X RAM Setup

How is it really set up?

After thinking about it, I think the XSX memory setup is a bit deceiving in its advertising... They are basically telling you it is like this (each number is a memory chip with the amount of GB it has);
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 + 1 1 1 1 1 1 (560GB/s + 336 GB/s)

While in reality the memory config is more like this;
2 2 2 2 2 2 + 1 1 1 1
That makes it look like 336 GB/s + 224 GB/s, but technically that's not true either... Because the lanes from the 2GB chips and the 1GB chips are not 'separate'. The RAM is not split, but one pool. So like this;

2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1
The question is, why don't they simply advertise with 560 GB/s? That looks like a perfectly viable 10 x 56GB/s setup... Right? Well... They are aware that if you do not allocate RAM efficiently, you'll run into problems. If you fill only the 2GB chips first, you get 336GB/s. If you fill the 1GB chips first, you get 224GB/s. If you fill them randomly, you'll get inconsistent performance and the effective bandwidth constantly changing on you. They want developers to use the RAM like they are advertising it, which is entirely possible. The more lanes you use for data, the better, obviously. Even though it is not configured like that in reality, by artificially 'splitting' the 2GB modules in two 1GB modules, you achieve the same result as what they are advertising.

Aaaand here's where the complexity starts...
There is one caveat though. Obviously the 2GB modules use the lanes that they have. So even if you artificially split them, there isn't magically additional lanes for data transfer. The lanes needs to be shared by the two sections of the 2GB chip... To put it another way, the 1GB chips get the full 56GB/s per chip and thus per GB (please stick with me here). The 2GB chips, if not used correctly, rather than getting the advertised 56GB/s to reach the total of 560 GB/s will get 28GB/s per GB in the worst case scenario . So you can't really advertise it as 560GB/s + 336 GB/s here. In the worst case scenario, you are talking about 280 GB/s + 336 GB/s. Now that is REALLY atrocious bandwidth.

Is the RAM split or not?
The reality is, that the RAM will work like a hybrid between a split and a unified RAM pool. What do I mean by that? It will work as a unified RAM pool in the sense that both the GPU and the CPU will have access to all the data on all the 16GB. However, it will work as a split RAM pool in terms of data allocation. There will have to be two priority levels in the 2GB RAM chips. Only when there are no 1st priority calls on the RAM, can the 2nd priority be executed. So whatever uses high bandwidth (like textures) will need to be given 1st priority, and whatever uses low bandwidth, can go into 2nd priority.

It's getting more complicated...
And sadly, once again it is not that simple either... Because if you need something right now on screen that is low bandwidth, and it is set to low priority, you will get pop-ins for example. Or if you allocate all sound to the low priority section, then you'll get weird sound delays etc... Yes. That is quite complicated... If it is like that, I can see why we are getting many developers saying are liking the PS5 more. It's simply much simpler. Despite the power of the XSX, it will require some creativity to learn and work with the RAM system of the XSX. If it really is like this, it's actually possible (if not inevitable) that initially we see PS5 games looking better than XSX games, unless they decide to keep all RAM usage under 10GB for both for ease of development. I don't think it will actually work that way. I certainly hope it doesn't...

Free cache lesson for you. It's relevant, I promise
The best way to really do it is that you use the 2GB RAM chips as a sort of L1 and L2 cache. I don't know if people here know how cache works... I'll try and explain it shortly...
Say you have a processor, and the processor has two levels of cache. The first level L1 can store two letters, and the second level can store four letters (typically, the L2 cache is larger, but for the XSX RAM it would be smaller). Cache basically saves the most frequently used data in it for data access. The 'closer' the cache to the CPU, the faster it is.
In the beginning, the cache is empty, and as the processor does jobs, it fills the caches and changes the data in the caches accordingly.
Now imagine I am typing a long word, like pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (yeah that's the longest word in the english language lol). The CPU has nothing in cache in the beginning, but it doesn't know that. It checks L1, no data. Then checks L2, no data. Then Checks RAM, no data. Ultimately it arrives at the storage device, and copies all the used letters of the program into the caches and the RAM, in order. The letter that is the most common will be saved in L1. The second most common letter will also be saved in L1. Now L1 is full. The 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th most common letters will be saved in L2. The rest are in RAM. Next time if I type that word, the CPU can read much of the data from L1, then L2, then the RAM. It will do it much faster than before.

So if we go letter for letter, first the L1 and L2 caches will look like this;
L1 [p,n]
L2 [e,u,m,o]

Now as we type further, things start to change... As we type pneumono, the o and the n become the most common, so p is 'downgraded' to L2, and o is added to L1. n stays;
L1 [n, o]
L2 [e,u,m,p]

As we type ultra, u has been used as often as the other letters, but L1 is full, so it stays in L2, and everything stays the same. And so on and so on. When a letter has been used 3 times it will shift down one of the ones in L1 towards L2, and since L2 is full, the least common letter will be shifted to RAM if it's not already there.

Enough caches. I want some more RAM sweetness!
So that was the short lesson on caches... Going back to the XSX RAM... If they let it work like cache, then everything is allocated to the 10GB first as data is accessed. When there's a data lookup, it will always look in the 10GB first. So, that means the 1GB ram chips and the first 'tier' of the 2GB chips will have priority. Only when the required data is not found there, the lookup will take place in the 2nd tier of the 2GB chips. If done this way, the bandwidth will not interfere with each other, and realistically give you 56GB/s per GB in the 2GB RAM chips also, for both tiers. Now, the 560 GB/s is practically guaranteed, and so is the 360 GB/s.
If it works that way, it's actually a really smart design... And the XSX will have practically zero issues with RAM allocation. Then the XSX will truly have a great bandwidth advantage over the PS5. This is more likely the solution that MS came up with. Having developers manually tune it would be a nightmare. You might have to be a bit more careful with RAM than the PS5, but it would not be a huge issue.
You need to look at bus level.

You have 6 x 2GB modules + 4 x 1GB modules linked to 32bits bus.

2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 like you said.

But when you use the full 2GB of the 2GB modules you have 32bits bus accessing 2GB... so 16bits to each 1GB... so the access to 2GB modules are half of the 1GB modules because the bus is split for each 1GB.

Said that if you limit your access to only 1GB of the 2GB modules you have the full 32bits bus accessing only 1GB like the last 4 modules with 1GB... that way you have 10GB in that setup:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

320bits @ 560GB/s

But I want to to access the others 1GB of the modules... 6GB.... well again if you limit the access to these 6 modules to only 1GB then you will have 6GB in the follow setup:

1 1 1 1 1 1

192bits @ 336GB/s

The choose of different modules sizes generate that issue to MS but it is worthy of it because it is cheaper than go with 10 x 2GB modules (20GB).

That is why motherboards manufacturers says to use modules of the same size for Dual. Triple and Quad-channel... if you put modules of different sizes part of it will have the bus split making the access slower.
In theses system there is no way to control where the data will be used so you will have random memory access speeds with some access being at full speeds and others at lower speeds.

But in a closed system you can limit the uso of the RAM so you can make the 10GB be separated to only GPU use and so be used in full speeds.

Last edited:

Ascend

Dial back on the blatant console warring rhetoric designed to derail the OT. Enguage the arguments without the juvenile theatrics.
Wow, this channel is pathetic. It has devolved into pure fanboyism in favor of Xbox; every video asserts the same point.

Xbox fanboy: Anyone that disagrees with the nonsense that PlayStation fans make up to make themselves feel better.

You need to look at bus level.

You have 6 x 2GB modules + 4 x 1GB modules linked to 32bits bus.

2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 like you said.

But when you use the full 2GB of the 2GB modules you have 32bits bus accessing 2GB... so 16bits to each 1GB... so the access to 2GB modules are half of the 1GB modules because the bus is split for each 1GB.

Said that if you limit your access to only 1GB of the 2GB modules you have the full 32bits bus accessing only 1GB like the last 4 modules with 1GB... that way you have 10GB in that setup:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

320bits @ 560GB/s

But I want to to access the others 1GB of the modules... 6GB.... well again if you limit the access to these 6 modules to only 1GB then you will have 6GB in the follow setup:

1 1 1 1 1 1

192bits @ 336GB/s

The choose of different modules sizes generate that issue to MS but it is worthy of it because it is cheaper than go with 10 x 2GB modules (20GB).

That is why motherboards manufacturers says to use modules of the same size for Dual. Triple and Quad-channel... if you put modules of different sizes part of it will have the bus split making the access slower.
In theses system there is no way to control where the data will be used so you will have random memory access speeds with some access being at full speeds and others at lower speeds.

But in a closed system you can limit the uso of the RAM so you can make the 10GB be separated to only GPU use and so be used in full speeds.
But according to him if you are not agree with this theory or if is even viable you are Sony fanboy.

The whole theory needs an absurd amount of coincidence or secrecy on the part of Xbox.

That is why I avoid as far as possible theorizing such crazy theories. I try as much as possible to base my answers on already public information or
at best try to extrapolate on some official information but even then I can be wrong.

Xbox fanboy: Anyone that disagrees with the nonsense that PlayStation fans make up to make themselves feel better.
Lol literally all he said was based on absolutely no facts and an ex-dev .

Sony shill: who ever that thinks ps5 is great like many devs who suggested to Jason schrier or the crytek dev or devs here on our site .

Then xbox fanboys go and listen to an ex-dev who hasn't been in gaming industry in 7 years and hasn't seen xsx or ps5 dev kits .

You : love spreading fake news about PS5 and expecting us to say thank u. No thanks

Last edited:

Sony shill: who ever that thinks ps5 is great like many devs who suggested to Jason schrier or the crytek dev or devs here on our site .

Then xbox fanboys go and listen to an ex-dev who hasn't been in gaming industry in 7 years and hasn't seen xsx or ps5 dev kits .

You : love spreading fake news about PS5 and expecting us to say thank u. No thanks
Yep. It's getting tiring. Another to join my ignore list.

Darius87

there's some inaccurate or half true statements he makes i think that's why people call him fanboy for example:
  • at 5:10 talking about RT doesn't work like it should work that's just fanboy nonsense in first place how does he know how should RT in ps5 should work? also Cerny said is not necessary to use GE in PS5 by his logic that means GE also isn't working as it should work.
  • at 7:52 he implies that the main reason for variable clocks for gpu that it can't be sustained at 2.23Ghz that's just not true the main reason is for cooling like cerny explained that they wan't to control worst case scenario for cooling rather guesing when it will happen.
  • at 10:40 he says ssd won't have effect on how games look that's false if gpu can stream bigger assets from ssd that's imroves gfx and ssd speed determines how big assets it could stream it's like saying gfx card(8gb) is same gfx as card(4gb).

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
From the psvr2 patent released today :

3ujFbh1.png

Cc: BGs BGs
U-R-A-BAD-MF :messenger_tears_of_joy::

Patents are always interesting.

I remember one from 2017 with grant date 2020 that said something like that...

FIG. 2B illustrates an interior view 205 of a head-mounted display 100 with health sensors 110 and with a voice microphone 150.
The interior view 205 of FIG. 2B illustrates the HMD 100 of FIG. 1B from a different perspective, and with the head strap 140 removed for the sake of clarity.
The interior view 205 of the HMD 100 of FIG. 2B illustrates that the HMD 100 includes two eye tracker cameras 230. The eye tracker cameras 230 are positioned to view the location where a user's eyes would typically be during use of the HMD 100. Each eye tracker camera 230 of FIG. 2B may be used by the HMD 100 to track a variety of eye-related parameters. For example, the eye tracker camera 230 may track blink rate, pupil dilation, eye moisture levels, eye movements, eye gaze direction,
The eye tracker cameras 230 may be visible light cameras, night vision, cameras, or infrared cameras. Night vision or infrared cameras may be particularly useful if the HMD 100 is a virtual reality headset, as there may be little light in the areas that the eye tracker cameras 230 are operating.
In some cases, there may be more than one eye tracker camera 230 trained on each eye. For example, different eye tracker cameras 230 may track the user's eyes using different frequencies, such as visible light and infrared. Alternately, different eye tracker cameras 230 may track the user's eyes using different exposure lengths or using different frame rates.
In another embodiment (not shown), a single eye tracker camera 230 may be used to track both eyes. Such a single eye tracker camera 230 may either simply be spaced far enough to see both eyes, or may be positioned from an angle from which it can more easily see both eyes, such as from the side of one of the eyes, or can use additional light-guidance tools to see both eyes, such as a fish-eye lens, one or more refractive materials, one or more reflective materials, or some combination thereof.
LP6OC3NC9XzMtDNsvq8HQgeRBIbVdHZvnhySbY_Wubl_4LcCdJOfQDFzXxdcaqRBIH_oGtFq5Si8SjM0fE4_x9DqKmYqbGWLL45x3uFYr7enfivgdGsHDByiaM0hZDKDfRZkOr1bEj8kwS6vk1DPFG8JYMULQK2NfeTkvLxJOQsPJFlq8slLiJR2iBxhP0sw

Shmunter

Yes; it's the data for the next scene essentially. (speaking in layman's term, I'm a software dev, I understand how data caching works)

If you are using your SSD to paint more detailed scenes, then each scene needs more data. That doesn't just include the scene you are displaying at the moment, the scenes you need to load into the pool would also take more data.

It's like you are changing one variable (the amount of data the current scene is utilizing) and forgetting to adjust the other (the amount of data the scenes that are cached need to utilize.) Talking in a purely streaming no "loading screen" sense.
Yes, you’re right on everything but missing the key part of the convo, The twice as fast ssd off the ps5 changes the cache vs immediate ram balance by effectively halving the need for cache compared to XsX.. That’s it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yes, you’re right on everything but missing the key part of the convo, The twice as fast ssd of the ps5 changes the cache vs immediate ram balance by effectively halving the need for cache. That’s it.
I'm not missing anything; but thanks anyway (and you are welcome.)

You are the one missing that it's only halved when comparing 2 equal things, a game with the same detail running on XSX vs PS5. As soon as you increase the detail, you increase the size of the cache needed too. And that increase is also variable, as it depends on how many paths the game has. If a game is highly linear than you only need to cache one "next scene", if a game lets you go in all 4 directions then you need to cache scenes on every axis, thus any increase in detail is multiplied across that in the cache.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
And the sky is blue and water is wet?

XsX should be able to produce a higher res render, just as the PS5 should produce a lower res render but with higher quality or more variety of assets. These are the inherent strengths of each as officially presented by their owners.

Not sure why you threw that into a different convo. 😘
Wrong. Both will have fairly good image quality. But ssd speed is irrelevant if you don’t have enough memory bandwidth. Low bandwidth means lower quality assets.

Corndog

Banned

He has sources in the industry. That is where his info is coming from. Not from direct access. He is putting out what he has heard. We will find out soon if it is accurate.

Last edited:
He has sources in the industry. That is where his info is coming from. Not from direct access. He is putting out what he has heard. We will find out soon if it is accurate.
I mean we had verified "insiders" on our site and the PS5 is nowhere near 13TF. so..

My favorite thing I see people saying is that 10TF wont be a major differance compared to 12TF, but at the time 13TF was all the difference.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

“Later that day”
EDIT: this was an ex-dev who supposedly said Sony where taken back by Series X spec reveal and that Sony made the same mistakes with the PS5 as they did with the PS3
RV1AZO3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kensama

You mean the same company that created the PS3? Sony only really started listening to developers with the PS4. And Microsoft does the same thing, so...

Listening developer on what they want and have a developer that is also the architect of your hardware and seeing how the PS4 hardware are not the same. I nnever that MS doesn't ask the developer what they want.
I said that Cerny is a talented and veteran developer as a great hardware architect and knowledge.
And if you take time to read instead of react as a Ms fanboy you red that earlier.

Whether the PS5 is more 'balanced' remains to be seen. And more 'exotic' (whatever that means) remains to be seen as well. No console has had the form factor of the XSX before. It can be considered quite exotic from that perspective.

You're taking the same way, that all those extremists MS fanboy rejecting "the road to PS5 show from Cerny".
Yes it's balanced with no two separate RAM bandwidth, SDD and I/O interface to have zero bottleneck between RAM/GPU/SSD,etc... Once again watch the "Road to PS5". But seems you will reject all that cerny said. In what a cubic Form factor is exotic. Aparently you start gaming with Xbox 360 and didn't known the GC (Nintendo) era?

No one can deny Cerny's knowledge. But no one person designs a whole system.

As Cerny is the architect of the and better well placed than Phil Spencer (for example) to talk about what he created, yes this man is only the one that can talk Technology.

That said i will not anser you no more and move on.
Seems you have already decided that all we can say to you is lie.

ethomaz

Banned
“Later that day”
RV1AZO3.jpg
At first I found that tweet weird.
Now I know it is just a lie.

1. He said the quotes write in the article.
2 The autor of the article called him out saying he can even post the timestamp of 3 hours video where he said the quotes.
3. He said he doesn’t meant his article lol

He is basically lying and get caught for that.

I don’t know the reason for that.

LED Guy?

Banned
So we have Matt from REEEE, a developer saying this stuff just today or yesterday I think.

Some fanboys: “Velocity architecture will make up the difference, Phil Spencer’s taint told me so”.

Then we have Matt DESTROYING these delusions!!

vwA5Vlu.jpg

umQ1YHz.jpg

Last edited:

Shmunter

Yes but for the same quality on XsX the pool,would need to be twice as large for the equivalent quality. I’m done bro, worn out...must sleep 💤

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

2 The autor of the article called him out saying he can even post the timestamp of 3 hours video where he said the quotes.

Right, I found that to be strange response as well and the article itself clearly had direct quotes. Truth is it was horseshit and whats interesting is we haven’t seen one reliable source with actual information say that the PS5 is behind the Series X in terms of performance and capabilities. In fact we’ve been hearing almost the opposite.

IntentionalPun

Yes but for the same quality on XsX the pool,would need to be twice as large for the equivalent quality. I’m done bro, worn out...must sleep 💤

All I said was "if you increase game world detail, that cache can no longer be half the size".. basically. Not sure why you can't just say "yes."

Last edited:

And how many times did we hear from insiders with "sources in the industry"?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that stuff is made up just to get a rise out of people.

So we have Matt from REEEE, a developer saying this stuff just today or yesterday I think.

Xbox fanboys: “Velocity architecture will make up the difference, Phil Spencer’s taint told me so”.

vwA5Vlu.jpg

umQ1YHz.jpg

Just like Sony can't magically add CUs to the GPU Microsoft can't magically add lanes to the SSD.

Which is why I find all this arguing over software implementations to narrow the gap so amusing. They can help but they will never eliminate the physical differences between the systems.

Well he was doing fanboy shit like his twitter with tim dog and dealer but now that a news got out with his name as source , it hurts his professional life to get job later in gaming industry . So he understood that and tried to take the news taken down even though he had said all those BS.

Sad really

And how many times did we hear from insiders with "sources in the industry"?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that stuff is made up just to get a rise out of people.
He has no insider friends other wise he wouldn't hang on to this same guy for all his videos in the past 2 months. And this guys is a person who hasn't been in gaming for 7 years and hasnt seen xsx or ps5 dev kits

Xbox fanboys: “Velocity architecture will make up the difference, Phil Spencer’s taint told me so”.

vwA5Vlu.jpg

umQ1YHz.jpg
Is he works in a third party studio? because if yes make sense to me a third party will use as base the bandwidth of XSX and memory is very similar in size for both
so the details also could be similar and saw more probably the difference will be just resolution and maybe also in some RT quality, at least they want to also reduce quality of image in the XSS.

For first parties will be another story.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

People taking that "100gb available instantly" thing from MS as gospel REALLLLY don't understand technology.

The statement at face value just makes no sense lol... we'll have to wait to see the detail of what MS is spinning there. Hopefully something cool, but there is no magic software that can make 100gb of data instantly available faster than the bandwidth of your drives.

People taking that "100gb available instantly" thing from MS as gospel REALLLLY don't understand technology.

The statement at face value just makes no sense lol... we'll have to wait to see the detail of what MS is spinning there. Hopefully something cool, but there is no magic software that can make 100gb of data instantly available faster than the bandwidth of your drives.

I did some research to try and understand that claim better but it doesn't make any sense to me.

DaGwaphics

I did some research to try and understand that claim better but it doesn't make any sense to me.

I think the whole thing was taken a bit out of context. We'll see.

Probably was just referring to the GPU having direct access to the SSD, basically making the entire installation available for direct streaming (same as it would be on PS5). We'll have to wait and see

LED Guy?

Banned
Just like Sony can't magically add CUs to the GPU Microsoft can't magically add lanes to the SSD.

Which is why I find all this arguing over software implementations to narrow the gap so amusing. They can help but they will never eliminate the physical differences between the systems.
Yeah I agree, it goes for Sony fanboys as well, the GPU inside the PS5 is weaker (by a very small difference as has been proved by PC benchmarks), but there’ll be no way for PS5 to have as powerful GPU as XSX just like there’s no way for XSX to have as fast SSD as PS5.

LED Guy?

Banned
Is he works in a third party studio? because if yes make sense to me a third party will use as base the bandwidth of XSX and memory is very similar in size for both
so the details also could be similar and saw more probably the difference will be just resolution and maybe also in some RT quality, at least they want to also reduce quality of image in the XSS.

For first parties will be another story.
Yeah that’s why I see 1st-party Sony games to be something HUGE and they will differ from other games, I see them being even more next-gen than 3rd-parties and Microsoft’s 1st-party due to the SSD.

pasterpl

vwA5Vlu.jpg

umQ1YHz.jpg

that’s interestin, so xbsex will offer higher resolution and superior fidelity and ps5 could offer bigger worlds without load screens in these

On top of that faster io in ps5 can replace assets in ram in less than a second meaning ram will not be filled with junk stuff. Just whats needed for the next second .
That's where the coherency engine and CPU cache scrubbers come in. As the system reads from the SSD, the coherency engine tells the cache scrubbers which portions of the cache need to be evicted. The XSX's GPU, on the other hand, lacks these cache scrubbers so it needs to invalidate the entire cache before filling it with new data. This also makes the XSX's GPU more susceptible to GPU stalls, i.e. when there's no data in the cache for the graphics card to make calculations.

Yeah I agree, it goes for Sony fanboys as well, the GPU inside the PS5 is weaker (by a very small difference as has been proved by PC benchmarks), but there’ll be no way for PS5 to have as powerful GPU as XSX just like there’s no way for XSX to have as fast SSD as PS5.

They each have their strengths and weaknesses and that's what people have to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom