• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

I was talking about the Hage kamo comparisons, your comparison are from one X (a 500$ console with 2TF and 4GB ram more than a Pro) but all the other tricks to misunderstand GTS are present in your post too

Luckily PS5 is getting closer so many trolls here will have to disappear
PS5 is going to have to deal with a Forza Horizon and Motorsport running on a brand new engine. Nobody is doing anything... except you apparently wanting to move things along as quick as possible "pie_tears_joy:

I was talking about the Hage kamo comparisons, your comparisons are from one X (a 500$ console with 2TF and 4GB of ram more than a PS4 Pro) but all the other tricks to misrepresent GTS are present in your posts too

"tricks" i.e. the game looks better so I'm going to make excuses like the guy is trying to pull one over on me.

That's delusion, friend.

You do realize Xbox Scarlett is releasing at the same time right? You do realize that Horizon and Motorsport are going to be on it as well right? If you think this is ending
mj.png

Gingen

Banned
PS5 is going to have to deal with a Forza Horizon and Motorsport running on a brand new engine. Nobody is doing anything... except you apparently wanting to move things along as quick as possible "pie_tears_joy:

I hope on scarlett FH will have at least 60fps and a decent physics..... too easy increase the graphics at 30 fps and with the donald duck's car physics

Xbox Scarlett is releasing at the same time right? You do realize that Horizon and Motorsport are going to be on it as well right? If you think this is ending
mj.png

On PS5 Poliphony finally can use all the superpremium cars at full lod ingame and at native 4K.... If Turn10/Playground games want to compete will have to remodel all their cars from the scratch because at the moment the difference is embarassing

14mlkpt.jpg

15vej1e.jpg

mj.png
mj.png
mj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope on scarlett FH will have at least 60fps and a decent physics..... too easy increase the graphics at 30 fps and with the donald duck's car physics

On PS5 Poliphony finally can use all the superpremium cars at full lod ingame and at native 4K.... If Turn10/Playground games want to compete will have to remodel all their cars from the scratch because at the moment the difference is embarassing

14mlkpt.jpg

15vej1e.jpg

mj.png
mj.png
mj.png
Now post the in-game models for each respective game and see how much the Forza version changes compared to the GT one
mj.png

bu but PS5... lmao don't worry... they will be updating the car models. That's what they're doing right now. There's a reason why there's no Forza game this year or next year. It's going to be glorious.
blessed.png

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
OMG, this guy is back with this shit. Clown all you whant, you make a fool out of yourself with the things you post. You are a hypocrite, you first claim that people are posting base ps4 shots vs ultra pc shots (wich is not true) than you post base xbox shots or low pc shots against ps4 pro. The worst part is i actually think you believe the shit you post wich is sad.

OMG, this guy is back with this shit. Clown all you whant, you make a fool out of yourself with the things you post. You are a hypocrite, you first claim that people are posting base ps4 shots vs ultra pc shots (wich is not true) than you post base xbox shots or low pc shots against ps4 pro. The worst part is i actually think you believe the shit you post wich is sad.
Yeah, I thought he actually got removed from this thread. It's a shame to see he's back peddling the same lies and disingenuous posting. It doesn't annoy me when people try to prove a point, what annoys me is when someone tries to do it predicated on dishonest means.

That's all he does, he accuses people of using PC when they're not, he accuses people of tampering with GT images or purposely trying to paint it in a bad light and then goes on trying to pass photomode junk off as gameplay.

I do anything but cherrypick, I load up one game, go to some spot on the track/map and snap some screenshots. Next I hop in the other game with no notion as to how that specific location looks and take shots in the exact same manner. Whatever ends up looking worse ends up looking worse, I have no control over this.

This is one of the reasons I detest getting into micro-details, it's targeted, it's motivated. You're taking the effort to find problems rather than presenting a full scene where problems will speak for themselves.

Last edited:

He's just a defeated, harmless , little bummy 🤭 his last response, especially gave it away that you guys got it to his nerve and no more ammunition left.

comparison pics he posted that was a new low. I don't know ish about this like you guys do on the technical stand point...but I can tell he posted GT sport pic in the picture mode with all the bells n whistles on...dudes need to retire, you're way past your prime..becoming a certified embarrassing clown of this thread..or forum in general.

thelastword

Banned
As usual: FM7 screenshots from PC at ultra settings from the best angles and locations possible VS GTS cherry picking images from PS4 standard, or PS4 PRO setted in framerate mode, selecting only the worst tracks, the worst angles, the worst car models (often with lod bugs like that subaru), the worst graphically time of day (12 o'clock) and with the car stuck in the middle of the track to disable the anti aliasing

this thread is the GT haters international meeting

XBOX FM7 ingame
g15oju7.png

PS4 GTS ingame
g207joh.png
Absolutely, people are just arguing Forza's higher resolution at this point, but better graphics beats resolution any day..... There is a reason why Forza has a higher resolution. It's because it's graphics are inferior by a good deal......If XBONES is doing 1080p 60fps on a game, then you know there is a boatload of sacrifices to the graphics technology in that game....

Absolutely, people are just arguing Forza's higher resolution at this point, but better graphics beats resolution any day..... There is a reason why Forza has a higher resolution. It's because it's graphics are inferior by a good deal......If XBONES is doing 1080p 60fps on a game, then you know there is a boatload of sacrifices to the graphics technology in that game....
It's like the blind leading the blind around here.

As usual: FM7 screenshots from PC at ultra settings from the best angles and locations possible VS GTS cherry picking images from PS4 standard, or PS4 PRO setted in framerate mode, selecting only the worst tracks, the worst angles, the worst car models (often with lod bugs like that subaru), the worst graphically time of day (12 o'clock) and with the car stuck in the middle of the track to disable the anti aliasing

this thread is the GT haters international meeting

XBOX FM7 ingame
g15oju7.png

PS4 GTS ingame

What are you babbling on about? Best angles? Best tracks? For a while now we've been comparing in-game captures in cockpit and chase views on Brands Hatch. How is that cherrypicking? Brands Hatch may not be the best GTS track, but it's certainly not the best FM7 or Project Cars track either. Is there something wrong with the C7 in GTS? Is it not indicative of what the cars in GTS look like? There aren't many cars/tracks in all the games to use for 1:1 comparison so we work with what we have. It's not like every game has Project Cars 2's 61 locations or Forza 7's 800+ cars.

Speaking of cherry picking, where did your top pic even come from? Did you race 1h, 22m just for this thread or did you borrow it from somewhere? You're putting a black Beetle with a poorly applied livery leaking into the cockpit on a sunny track up against a clean white Beetle in the rain on a completely different track right after making claims that others are doing what you just did. I'm going to guess you chose a cloudy setting because you didn't want the blurry flickering interior shadows showing up in the shot. You use a 1080P image for Forza too when FM7 on the X is native 4K. Was this shot from an OG Xbone?

Because it sure looks an awful lot like this shot from my OG Xbone.
Asm3dpo.jpg

Now show that Beetle in-game without the LOD swap and compare it to Forza 7's in-game car model. Since you picked the Beetle, I'll use it again. I'll grab the image from my shitty old Xbone, which runs almost everything at the equivalent of low settings on PC, which I can run on a Netbook. I did this to be "fair"

GTS gameplay on the PS4 Pro
it9L4wL.jpg

wro3aNf.jpg

Forza 7 gameplay on the OG Xbone, the absolute worst the game can look.
0Ci90vG.jpg

6VA6QdY.jpg

While the cars are different years (63/66), it remains clear from a quick glance at the tail lamps and rear window alone, that the GTS model sacrifices a lot of polygons for the in-game model. You can count the faces around the rear window in GTS, there are less than 28. The tail lights have 16 faces. This massive polygon drop is done despite there being less cars on track, no dynamic weather system, and no damage modeling at all. You want to talk sacrifices thelastword thelastword , why not address those ones since you've decided to pop in again after so long? :messenger_winking:

I was talking about the Hage kamo comparisons, your comparisons are from one X (a 500$ console with 2TF and 4GB of ram more than a PS4 Pro) but all the other tricks to misrepresent GTS are present in your posts too

Gameplay shots are tricks now?

After making claims of cherry-picking despite obvious efforts by many to be impartial in this thread, you then want anything from the X to be disregarded because it's an unfair comparison too despite being 1.5 console vs 1.5 console. What do you think would be a fair comparison? Should we only allow Forza screenshots from an Xbone S on Lime Rock using the 2005 MX-5? I suppose we should disallow any weather comparisons too, since even on the OG Xbone the weather effects completely trounce the summer drizzle weather effects in GTS.

Why don't you start a new thread, call it "best looking racing game on a console that is no more than $400, no daytime comparisons allowed, only overcast/dusk gameplay, only replay mode and photomode allowed" and enjoy your safe space?

This thread is called "Next-Gen Racing Graphics face-off" which includes all of the now current-gen racing games. If you want to disregard the PC platform I can understand that as it is a bit unfair despite the games being current-gen games, feel free to do so. Just because you cover your eyes though doesn't mean they don't exist and just because PD doesn't or can't enter the PC market doesn't mean they get a pass on areas of their game that need work. Looking at DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! 's X1X FM7 pics compared to my FM7 PC shots, I'm hard pressed to see a big difference anyways as all the assets, lighting, and textures are identical between the PC and console versions. It was made as a console game first after all. The PC gets better mirrors reflections, more detailed paint reflections, better AA, better AF, and can go way beyond 120fps but in screenshots you see almost none of it. If GTS were released on PC it might actually fix a bunch of the issues holding it back like CB rendering, AA, reflections and shadow quality to name a few.

If the next GT game looks better than everything else it will certainly be reflected here. People have stated numerous times that there are many things GTS handles better than anything else like the car models themselves or the lighting on a lot of the tracks. It doesn't handle everything better though, especially in-game. Somehow you get offended by that very notion and toss out the hater label. Everyone here is discussing things rationally and you jump in and start flinging shit again.

You also seem to forget that the next Xbox will likely be basically identical in specs to the PS5, and there will likely be at least one Forza Motorsport title, another Horizon title, as well as another Project Cars game before Kaz gets another GT game out, and they will all also run on PCs. GT7 won't be competing with Horizon 4 or FM7, it will likely be up against FH5, FM8, or maybe oven FH6 and FM9 and a few more games from other developers that are currently in the works.

I hope on scarlett FH will have at least 60fps and a decent physics..... easy increase the graphics at 30 fps and with the donald duck's car physics

14mlkpt.jpg

15vej1e.jpg

mj.png
mj.png
mj.png

Now you're just sounding angry. Both FH4 and FM7 run 60fps on the X. One of them is native 4K and both are absolutely rock-solid 60fps. Of course Playground/T10 need to work on the car models, nobody here has ever argued that point, so I have no idea who you're arguing with. Playground and T10 have both posted job listings since FM7 launched, some specifically for that very job.

The funny thing about your physics quip, other than it having no bearing on the graphics argument, is that even Forza Horizon has more tuning parameters than GTS, and it's advertised and sold as an arcade racer where you race down the side of mountains against hovercrafts and jets. Now compare GTS to Project Cars, Forza 7 or Assetto Corsa since apparently we're now leaving the graphics discussion to talk about physics. How's that damage model doing? Does standing water and chaging weather affect tire temps on the fly in GTS? GTS is the most advanced physics engine PD has made and is right up there with Forza in the areas it can compete, but it's a pale shadow of what's in games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Cool visual comparison too, now show me the first car model racing in the actual game. You can't because it wouldn't even run on the PS4.

You get upset that people are comparing a $500 console to your $400 console, but then here you are comparing your predictions for a console from the future that hasn't even been shown yet to a current gen console that has been on sale for years? Kind of fitting that your little MJ emoji came from a site called systemwars.net. You must love it there there.

mj.png

Last edited:
I know this should really be about vanilla, unmodded games, but I feel like giving a shout out to the Assetto Corsa modding community.
The original game was made in house, on a shoestring budget and by a team of less than 10 people. The graphics were bland, the engine only supports one single light source, lacked AO, terrible smoke effects, there was no night racing, no weather, etc.

Some geniuses out there have added all of that to the graphics engine over the years and way more (TAA, motion blur, and so on) , plus they've given you plenty of options to fuck about with the new effects, to the point that I honestly think it's virtually up there with the top AAA titles. I'll may be post some of my own stuff, but going to steal a few pics and a video from some other people for now.

Ujer0PY.png

wlnAPbJ.png

r6gnDhu.jpg

k5D5aoI.png

QBZvtoX.png

Gingen

Banned

I don't care what you and all your GT hater friends say. Anyone isn't a GT hater and owns the game perfectly know that all your posts here are just shabby attempts to misrepresent GTS. It's very sad that a notorious forum like neogaf allows to this GT haters crew to thrive here

What are you babbling on about? Best angles? Best tracks? For a while now we've been comparing in-game captures in cockpit and chase views on Brands Hatch. How is that cherrypicking? Brands Hatch may not be the best GTS track, but it's certainly not the best FM7 or Project Cars track either. Is there something wrong with the C7 in GTS? Is it not indicative of what the cars in GTS look like? There aren't many cars/tracks in all the games to use for 1:1 comparison so we work with what we have. It's not like every game has Project Cars 2's 61 locations or Forza 7's 800+ cars.

Speaking of cherry picking, where did your top pic even come from? Did you race 1h, 22m just for this thread or did you borrow it from somewhere? You're putting a black Beetle with a poorly applied livery leaking into the cockpit on a sunny track up against a clean white Beetle in the rain on a completely different track right after making claims that others are doing what you just did. I'm going to guess you chose a cloudy setting because you didn't want the blurry flickering interior shadows showing up in the shot. You use a 1080P image for Forza too when FM7 on the X is native 4K. Was this shot from an OG Xbone?

Because it sure looks an awful lot like this shot from my OG Xbone.
Asm3dpo.jpg

Now show that Beetle in-game without the LOD swap and compare it to Forza 7's in-game car model. Since you picked the Beetle, I'll use it again. I'll grab the image from my shitty old Xbone, which runs almost everything at the equivalent of low settings on PC, which I can run on a Netbook. I did this to be "fair"

GTS gameplay on the PS4 Pro
it9L4wL.jpg

wro3aNf.jpg

Forza 7 gameplay on the OG Xbone, the absolute worst the game can look.
0Ci90vG.jpg

6VA6QdY.jpg

While the cars are different years (63/66), it remains clear from a quick glance at the tail lamps and rear window alone, that the GTS model sacrifices a lot of polygons for the in-game model. You can count the faces around the rear window in GTS, there are less than 28. The tail lights have 16 faces. This massive polygon drop is done despite there being less cars on track, no dynamic weather system, and no damage modeling at all. You want to talk sacrifices thelastword thelastword , why not address those ones since you've decided to pop in again after so long? :messenger_winking:

Gameplay shots are tricks now?

After making claims of cherry-picking despite obvious efforts by many to be impartial in this thread, you then want anything from the X to be disregarded because it's an unfair comparison too despite being 1.5 console vs 1.5 console. What do you think would be a fair comparison? Should we only allow Forza screenshots from an Xbone S on Lime Rock using the 2005 MX-5? I suppose we should disallow any weather comparisons too, since even on the OG Xbone the weather effects completely trounce the summer drizzle weather effects in GTS.

Why don't you start a new thread, call it "best looking racing game on a console that is no more than $400, no daytime comparisons allowed, only overcast/dusk gameplay, only replay mode and photomode allowed" and enjoy your safe space?

This thread is called "Next-Gen Racing Graphics face-off" which includes all of the now current-gen racing games. If you want to disregard the PC platform I can understand that as it is a bit unfair despite the games being current-gen games, feel free to do so. Just because you cover your eyes though doesn't mean they don't exist and just because PD doesn't or can't enter the PC market doesn't mean they get a pass on areas of their game that need work. Looking at DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! 's X1X FM7 pics compared to my FM7 PC shots, I'm hard pressed to see a big difference anyways as all the assets, lighting, and textures are identical between the PC and console versions. It was made as a console game first after all. The PC gets better mirrors reflections, more detailed paint reflections, better AA, better AF, and can go way beyond 120fps but in screenshots you see almost none of it. If GTS were released on PC it might actually fix a bunch of the issues holding it back like CB rendering, AA, reflections and shadow quality to name a few.

If the next GT game looks better than everything else it will certainly be reflected here. People have stated numerous times that there are many things GTS handles better than anything else like the car models themselves or the lighting on a lot of the tracks. It doesn't handle everything better though, especially in-game. Somehow you get offended by that very notion and toss out the hater label. Everyone here is discussing things rationally and you jump in and start flinging shit again.

You also seem to forget that the next Xbox will likely be basically identical in specs to the PS5, and there will likely be at least one Forza Motorsport title, another Horizon title, as well as another Project Cars game before Kaz gets another GT game out, and they will all also run on PCs. GT7 won't be competing with Horizon 4 or FM7, it will likely be up against FH5, FM8, or maybe oven FH6 and FM9 and a few more games from other developers that are currently in the works.

Now you're just sounding angry. Both FH4 and FM7 run 60fps on the X. One of them is native 4K and both are absolutely rock-solid 60fps. Of course Playground/T10 need to work on the car models, nobody here has ever argued that point, so I have no idea who you're arguing with. Playground and T10 have both posted job listings since FM7 launched, some specifically for that very job.

The funny thing about your physics quip, other than it having no bearing on the graphics argument, is that even Forza Horizon has more tuning parameters than GTS, and it's advertised and sold as an arcade racer where you race down the side of mountains against hovercrafts and jets. Now compare GTS to Project Cars, Forza 7 or Assetto Corsa since apparently we're now leaving the graphics discussion to talk about physics. How's that damage model doing? Does standing water and chaging weather affect tire temps on the fly in GTS? GTS is the most advanced physics engine PD has made and is right up there with Forza in the areas it can compete, but it's a pale shadow of what's in games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Cool visual comparison too, now show me the first car model racing in the actual game. You can't because it wouldn't even run on the PS4.

You get upset that people are comparing a $500 console to your $400 console, but then here you are comparing your predictions for a console from the future that hasn't even been shown yet to a current gen console that has been on sale for years? Kind of fitting that your little MJ emoji came from a site called systemwars.net. You must love it there there.

mj.png

I stopped reading when I saw that the image of GTS that you've posted is an ultra-compressed screenshot from you tube (the Motogames tv logo is still there LOL) to make the game look uglier. By now you GT haters are boring and predictable.

However, this is the full lod beetle model on GTS but obviously on this thread the GT haters can't tolerate that the full lod model being showed because they know that those models are perfect and unbeatable. So they only post cherry picking pictures of low lod or bugged ingame models (yes the beetle ingame have some kind of lod bug from the rear chasecam view)

29z5i5q.jpg

33bgdxk.jpg

When these (further improved) models can be used ingame on PS5 many GT haters will have to hide on Saturn

PS If you like MotogamesTV so much at least post some comparison video from that channel

even a blind can notice that GTS looks better than FM7 when all the tricks to misrepresenting the game aren't used

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care what you and all your GT hater friends say. Anyone isn't a GT hater and owns the game perfectly know that all your posts here are just shabby attempts to misrepresent GTS. It's very sad that a notorious forum like neogaf allows to this GT haters crew to thrive here

I stopped reading when I saw that the image of GTS that you've posted is an ultra-compressed screenshot from you tube (the Motogames tv logo is still there LOL) to make the game look uglier. By now you GT haters are boring and predictable.

However, this is the full lod beetle model on GTS but obviously on this thread the GT haters can't tolerate that the full lod model being showed because they know that those models are perfect and unbeatable. So they only post cherry picking pictures of low lod or bugged ingame models (yes the beetle ingame have some kind of lod bug from the rear chasecam view)

29z5i5q.jpg

33bgdxk.jpg

When these (further improved) models can be used ingame on PS5 many GT haters will have to hide on Saturn

PS If you like MotogamesTV so much at least post some comparison video from that channel

even a blind can notice that GTS looks better than FM7 when all the tricks to misrepresenting the game aren't used

Show that full LOD model in game then

Mattyp

Gold Member

mj.png

Is this guy for fucking real or what why are you back in this thread. Post in game shots or fuck off.

Don't get me started on Driveclub yes some 300x300 gifs look great we covered this 300 pages back.

FukuDaruma

Is this guy for fucking real or what why are you back in this thread. Post in game shots or fuck off.

Don't get me started on Driveclub yes some 300x300 gifs look great we covered this 300 pages back.

Man are you angry... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I know what you mean, Driveclub has some aliasing problems and it doesn't always look this good, but this is true for almost any game. Is a 300x300 gif supposed to do any favors to the game? then Forza should look better in some 300x300 gifs?

Each one has its flaws, but having played both on a 100" screen, GT Sport looks more realistic to me. Mainly because of the lighting. Forza still looks good, but it is certainly more flat and "videogamey".

71902f0390b6b4eafc3d542c47f751de.gif
u4MBxj.gif
AcademicNarrowAntlion-size_restricted.gif
5w3tmKj.gif

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Again recycling the same shit over and over again. They have 2 games where they keep going back, Driveclub and GTS. When one fall a short they bring the other one, when that falls a short they start trowing gifs of the other game. Trowing low res gifs and posting video comparisons of base xbox game footage to put GTS and Driveclub in a better spot. And im 100% sure that people that do these are the people that don't even own the games, they just search random online and find the shittiest pictures/video they can find and put some random GTS/Drivelcub gif that is not even there own footage. They post DEV build of Driveclub and edited GTS gifs and actually believe that the game look like that in gameplay.

29z5i5q.jpg

33bgdxk.jpg

Again recycling the same shit over and over again. They have 2 games where they keep going back, Driveclub and GTS. When one fall a short they bring the other one, when that falls a short they start trowing gifs of the other game. Trowing low res gifs and posting video comparisons of base xbox game footage to put GTS and Driveclub in a better spot. And im 100% sure that people that do these are the people that don't even own the games, they just search random online and find the shittiest pictures/video they can find and put some random GTS/Drivelcub gif that is not even there own footage. They post DEV build of Driveclub and edited GTS gifs and actually believe that the game look like that in gameplay.

Man are you angry... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I know what you mean, Driveclub has some aliasing problems and it doesn't always look this good, but this is true for almost any game. Is a 300x300 gif supposed to do any favors to the game? then Forza should look better in some 300x300 gifs?

Each one has its flaws, but having played both on a 100" screen, GT Sport looks more realistic to me. Mainly because of the lighting. Forza still looks good, but it is certainly more flat and "videogamey".

71902f0390b6b4eafc3d542c47f751de.gif
u4MBxj.gif
AcademicNarrowAntlion-size_restricted.gif
5w3tmKj.gif

Its not only aliasing its shadows, lod, draw distance, texture, environment detail, reflection quality, texture filtering and pop in that is not visible in those gifs wich funny enough are the things that GTS and most of them Drivelcub doesn't do well. I can also post some random gifs of Forza where it looks good but hey whe don't play 300px gifs on our 65inch 4k TV don't whe?
42144974985_9576337a7a_o.gif

KlutzySoupyBassethound-size_restricted.gif

BoldEnchantingBison-size_restricted.gif

ImpeccableSoupyDegus-size_restricted.gif

01ljufk.gif

And this one is special for all you gif users
cd82956e-1cbd-471d-a53d-2912fe6657d4.gif

Looks as good as Driveclub right? its the same, i see no difference almost ;)

thelastword

Banned

29z5i5q.jpg

33bgdxk.jpg

Car models in GT are just in another stratosphere....DF was good enough to highlight the poly-levels in-game, showing GT's superiority and of course the lack of occlusion in Forza as well.....I mean it's not even close......Did Forza get an update improving these details...….? Because I own the ultimate versions of all Forza's on PC and I don't see it....

As for that video......I mean you have to be Stevie Wonder in a pitch black alley not to see those details.....Those reflections on GT are so superior, the car models, the lighting, the shading, the materials and PBR, the AO...….Then you have times of day properly and accurately depicted, no shady bland grey environments with subpar lighting and no heavy fog in the background masking low detail 2D foliage and details...…..It's not even a contest tbh.....

Damn Sony closing EVO for good. Despite its 30fps (no Pro patch) Driveclub still is, 5 years later, a visual masterpiece:

Driveclub_rain.gif.85b218ce0784cce8d2a678870f0f944c.gif
giphy.gif

DriveClub007.gif
cVWk65Y.gif

jo1BgkJ.gif
source.gif

PxWW79R.gif
giphy.gif
A 30fps racer, with the best visuals in an arcade racer this gen...….DC's effects are so good, it's lighting and off track detail is amazing.....And I'm not even talking weather included.....I dare anyone to race on India for the first time be amazed at how the sun blinds you when approaching the first blind corner......DC was ahead of it's time on so many levels...…….I swear, if DC remains untouched, just add AA and 16x AF at 60fps 4k, it would fit right in with PS5 launch racers...…..The materials, the foliage, the lighting and effects is that good...….So many effects you don't see......

And as I always say, games are meant to be played in motion...….People can misrepresent games in screens easily......It's like just watching screens of DC, GT or Shadowfall, yes they can look very good in screens, but they look awesome in motion...….There are so many details you don't see in screens in these games especially DC, you need to see it in motion to appreciate it...….The best looking games are those who look best in motion. If your game looks bland compared to GT and DC in motion then it means it's inferior graphically, full stop....

FukuDaruma

I don't know about others, but I play Forzas on PC and GT Sport and Driveclub on a PS4 Pro, so the comparision is even unfair to GT Sport and Driveclub in my case.

Those gifs look good... but clearly not as good as Driveclub's and GT Sport. 🤷‍♂️
And no, despite PGR4 being amazing for its time, of course it doesn't "look as good as Driveclub".

I'm not here to shit on Forzas. I love them too, but they have their own problems like faulty MSAA and shimmering shadows even at 4K, etc. but overall, the most important element for realism is a good lighting engine, and that's where GT Sport is above Forzas. Any CG artist will tell you the key to photorealism is always lighting, above anything else.

And that's why, even with all the technical limitations involved, GT Sport still looks this amazing in PSVR:

BigLee74

And the yearly fight continues. Driveclub has been surpassed by all years ago, and has no place here any more. F7 and GTS trade blows, neither reigning supreme. Meanwhile, FH4 looks down on them all from a mighty height and laughs.

Let's wait to see what the new consoles bring.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Its not only aliasing its shadows, lod, draw distance, texture, environment detail, reflection quality, texture filtering and pop in that is not visible in those gifs wich funny enough are the things that GTS and most of them Drivelcub doesn't do well. I can also post some random gifs of Forza where it looks good but hey whe don't play 300px gifs on our 65inch 4k TV don't whe?
42144974985_9576337a7a_o.gif

KlutzySoupyBassethound-size_restricted.gif

BoldEnchantingBison-size_restricted.gif

ImpeccableSoupyDegus-size_restricted.gif

01ljufk.gif

And this one is special for all you gif users
cd82956e-1cbd-471d-a53d-2912fe6657d4.gif

Looks as good as Driveclub right? its the same, i see no difference almost ;)
I only own Forza Horizon 3 but I've played for 4 too on my base Xbox One and no resolution or texture upgrade can put it on the same level as Driveclub. Both games look good but Driveclub is on another level it doesnt matter if it's a gif or on my 43 inch 4K tv

thelastword

Banned
I don't know about others, but I play Forzas on PC and GT Sport and Driveclub on a PS4 Pro, so the comparision is even unfair to GT Sport and Driveclub in my case.

Those gifs look good... but clearly not as good as Driveclub's and GT Sport. 🤷‍♂️
And no, despite PGR4 being amazing for its time, of course it doesn't "look as good as Driveclub".

I'm not here to shit on Forzas. I love them too, but they have their own problems like faulty MSAA and shimmering shadows even at 4K, etc. but overall, the most important element for realism is a good lighting engine, and that's where GT Sport is above Forzas. Any CG artist will tell you the key to photorealism is always lighting, above anything else.
Putting Project Gotham 4 vs DC just shows how disingenuous some of these posters are......As for the bolded, I've explained that to these guys a million times, funny enough, I just saw someone talking about aliasing in GT, it's why I've deduced to this just boiling down to resolution differences, so they're talking IQ, yet they're wrong there too....because...GT does not have an aliasing problem at all.....Forza does though, even at 4k....MSAA can't cover Forza's specular aliasing and dithering on fences etc......It looks very jarring, especially when you combine it's poor lighting...…. In motion Forza looks very bland compared to GT, especially any sunset racing or nighttime racing, it looks straight down awful at night.....

So here's a tip, you post all these high rez 4K screens seasoned with MSAA and Downsampling, but the reason GT and DC will always look better in motion is because they have superior graphics and ATD...….There's a reason why many of the Forza fans don't do any GT vs Forza videos to show what they are talking about, they know why......

Hobbygaming

And the yearly fight continues. Driveclub has been surpassed by all years ago, and has no place here any more. F7 and GTS trade blows, neither reigning supreme. Meanwhile, FH4 looks down on them all from a mighty height and laughs.

Let's wait to see what the new consoles bring.
😂😂😂😂 none of them have passed Driveclub, that engine is the best. Forza Horizon 3 is the best racer ever IMO, but graphically it hasn't matched the lighting

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
DC at 30 fps. Nothing like playing a modern era racing game like it's Ridge Racer in 1995. Mario Kart on my niece and nephews Switch runs smoother.

I'm sure DC 2 for PS5 will look even better with ray tracing at 18 fps. Oh wait, it wont happen as Sony killed the studio.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo

14mlkpt.jpg

15vej1e.jpg

mj.png
mj.png
mj.png
So
Why haven’t they done a similar game on PS4 that is 30fps and look as good as FH

Hobbygaming

DC at 30 fps. Nothing like playing a modern era racing game like it's Ridge Racer in 1995. Mario Kart on my niece and nephews Switch runs smoother.

I'm sure DC 2 for PS5 will look even better with ray tracing at 18 fps. Oh wait, it wont happen as Sony killed the studio.
You didn't like Forza Horizon 3 then? You missed out :) it's also 30 FPS

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Still hard to believe this is a 5 years old base PS4 game.

Dynamic everything, top tier graphics and ATD always stands the test of time...…...DC will still look good by next gen standards, because there was no shortcuts done in the graphics pipeline....EVO gave the best they could, obviously they were very talented and that puts them ahead of the arcade racing pack......A shame too because as great as DC looks even now, if they had a shot at DC2, lord forbid.....

Too bad in motion, and at 30 fps, DC looks like crap compared to Forza or GT.

Any racer can look good standing still. Even NFS games look good when it's showing things standing there, or it's an image.
Post a video of Forza vs DC side by side, where Forza looks better......I've been asking that for an eterinity in this thread....

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Dynamic everything, top tier graphics and ATD always stands the test of time...…...DC will still look good by next gen standards, because there was no shortcuts done in the graphics pipeline....EVO gave the best they could, obviously they were very talented and that puts them ahead of the arcade racing pack......A shame too because as great as DC looks even now, if they had a shot at DC2, lord forbid.....

Post a video of Forza vs DC side by side, where Forza looks better......I've been asking that for an eterinity in this thread....
30fps not a short cut ?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

60 fps > 30 fps.

Mario Kart looks better than slow motion DC.

FukuDaruma

Driveclub looked like this 4 years ago:

4 years later, Forza Horizon 4 looks like this:

...which is very good, but you can clearly see how bad the clouds are compared to the 4 years older Driveclub real dynamic volumetric clouds, or how "jumpy" the shadows are and how flat the lighting is overall.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo

...which is very good, but you can clearly see how bad the clouds are compared to the 4 years older Driveclub real dynamic volumetric clouds, or how "jumpy" the shadows are and how flat the lighting is overall.

Open world game vs track racer. Cut backs have to be made but you can’t say forza horizon isn’t more impressive because of what it does but forza is doing full 24 hour night and day there and dynamic weather to

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
30fps not a short cut ?

60 fps > 30 fps.

Mario Kart looks better than slow motion DC.
Horizon 3 was 30fps too (on consoles), Horizon4 is 60fps only on the enhanced console with dialed back visuals to boot, 30fps on vanilla and 30fps on XBONEX in full graphics mode......Still, none of these games touches DC in motion...not even close....

Hobbygaming

Horizon 3 was 30fps too (on consoles), Horizon4 is 60fps only on the enhanced console with dialed back visuals to boot, 30fps on vanilla and 30fps on XBONEX in full graphics mode......Still, none of these games touches DC in motion...not even close....

Yep

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL.

A cramped, low physics, arcade racer, hardly any cars, with lousy customization options at slow motion 30 fps.

I'll take 60 fps, open world, better AI, more physics, more cars, and a crisper looking game.

Make sure to get in as much DC gaming in thelastword, since Sony is canning the servers in March 2020. lol

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

This looks like a generation apart.....

Sure, and rFactor at 120fps looks twice as good as Mario Kart and any 60fps racing game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Funny isn't it...….I raise you Hydro Thunder 64 at 120fps, looks better than DC too....or Stunts the DOS game by Don Mattrick……. :messenger_grinning:

Top Bottom