• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Is anyone over there screen capping this mods racism/bigotry and sending it to the new owners? Are they also reporting her posts?
It's better to link directly unless the post is edited, like in the case of Morrigan.

But yeah, someone should reach out to Moba to get a statement or something. I'm surprised no one form Era has reached out to them.

Edit: And to be clear, absolutely no one should in any way engage in harassment of anyone.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Is anyone over there screen capping this mods racism/bigotry and sending it to the new owners? Are they also reporting her posts?
:messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Reporting a mod post has got to be a sure fire way to get banned.

2 seconds after hitting report......
Season 2 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yep. That's exactly it. Everything must be seen through the prism of race. Everything. Every insult. Every comment. Everything.
Yeah and a weird hobby of dressing up as a baseball team mascot becomes tied to their "identity."

Which is probably what Nepenthe's argument would be for the call of racism; furry-ness was attacked.. but it's a dog-whistle!

The reality is any time someone like Nepenthe is insulted she immediately assumes racism, and then can construe an argument for it somehow.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Yeah kinda insane they how much some posters there think you should know about them before you are allowed to comment on a fucking game. Threads grind to a halt over the vaguest of misunderstandings. I don’t need to know your sexual identity to talk about cayde-6 dying in destiny forsaken…. Everything isn't about you.

Last edited:

BigBeauford

Imagine if you worked for the company that bought Era and you stumbled into that thread.....

6SPrTQQ.gif

I doubt that. Corporations have learned the art of performative wokeness, which has allowed them to bilk these chumps from their cash by saying the right stuff. If anything, folks like those on Resetera have done all of the hard marketing work on their behalf by letting Corporations know exactly what buttons need pushed to make them "happy". You see it every day: "ohhhh, I don't normally eat Ben and Jerry's, but I'll make sure to throw some money their way".

Loope

It was far more expedient for Neph to bring their blackness into the equation in service of banning me, than to ban me for cracking furry jokes. That's how these people operate; not on principle but convenience.
Exactly, what the fuck was that? I tried to explain that the post was referring to the furry part and not racism at all, all of a sudden a pile up. Fuck out of here with that shit, if i had called her names or use racist terms i would understand, but apparently i had to be banned for being agressive. i don't even.....

I was Ooze27 on there by the way, and i didn't do it to get banned sometimes i'm a bit agressive, even on here and i was banned for it here too. There i got a permabanned, oh well.

IntentionalPun

Makes sense. Looks like I overthunk that one. :messenger_grinning_squinting:
FWIW, you are probably partially right.. but more that "furry" is part of their 'identity", so touching on that, helped trigger the racism claims a bit easier.

But they definitely assume racism w/ any insult lol

ethomaz

Banned
I think from Nepenthe's perspective; it's racist because she is black and was insulted.

The argument seems to be "they know I'm black, so it's racist"..
It is a metaphor… it is not a direct and literal aimed claim… what I see is her lack of brain to read things.

Last edited:

Holammer

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah and a weird hobby of dressing up as a baseball team mascot becomes tied to their "identity."

Which is probably what Nepenthe's argument would be for the call of racism; furry-ness was attacked.. but it's a dog-whistle!

The reality is any time someone like Nepenthe is insulted she immediately assumes racism, and then can construe an argument for it somehow.
That happens because she is actually racist.
It is weird I know but some people take the racism for the next level when the own person become a creation of the own racism.

We had that in the last Big Brother in Brasil… some Black girls were so engaged to the anti-racist movement that at the end they started to bully everybody in the house doing is everything they were say to be against lol

You can be shocked but it become so extreme that black girls group did racist acts again another black guy in the house lol

Black people that participate in anti-racist movement racist bullying black people that are not engaged with the anti-racist movement.

Mind blowing 😱

Last edited:

killatopak

So aside from banning someone from making threads because you assume the person will do something, they also assume you know their race, gender and sexuality.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I believe Nepenthe believe everybody is against her for whatever reason (probably she suffered some really bad things in the past) and so she is against everybody.

Now this type of person should never be a Mod in any place ever… she will never be stable, fair and unbiased enough to do the job.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I believe Nepenthe believe everybody is against her for whatever reason (probably she suffered some really bad things in the past) and so she is against everybody.

Now this type of person should never be a Mod in any place ever.
Well she is an obnoxious asshole; that sort of comes with the territory lol

I barely pay any attention to Resetera / moderators and she stands out.

BigBeauford

Now this type of person should never be a Mod in any place ever… she will never be stable, fair and unbiased enough to do the job.

I actually brought this up in my post. Basically said she's probably had a tough go in life, and is using her platform as a mod to exercise these demons against others. And what I said I meant, she is a far greater bully than any I ever encountered.

ethomaz

Banned
I actually brought this up in my post. Basically said she's probably had a tough go in life, and is using her platform as a mod to exercise these demons against others. And what I said I meant, she is a far greater bully than any I ever encountered.
I can only guess that some people thinks that it is fair to do the others what they suffered… so they continue the chain of bulling racism.

I can’t blame too hard them because it is really difficult to get past the suffering memories to become a better person that really understand that what she passed is not fine and avoid to do the same things with others.

Anyway her case is probably better for a psychologist… I’m no where educated enough to say more than these random guesses.

Last edited:

BigBeauford

I can only guess that some people thinks that it is fair to do the others what they suffered… so they continue the chain of bulling racism.

I can’t blame too hard them because it is really difficult to get past the suffering memories to become a better person that really understand that what she passed is not fine and avoid to do the same things with others.

Anyway her case is probably better for a psychologist… I’m no where educated enough to say more than these random guesses.

I recognize as a white dude (taking a page from their thread) I don't understand some of the shit others endure. But that doesn't give you permission to green-light racial slurs being levied against me or anyone else. I am going to call you a piece of shit for doing that.

Mabdia

Well... Initially I thought that we should not talk about it since it really is irrelevant to GAF. But thinking about how reeera has born. I can understand we laugh... I mean, talk about it.

That being said, I'm really happy that after a few years some people at reeera had finally learned that reeera guys just don't want to it's sla... I mean users have independent thoughts.

What an idiot. That thread isnt a normal thread that moves up when people respond. It's stickied. It'll be there unless admin unstickies it and it goes away.

00vm6Yj.jpg
Agreed. She's got a very aggressive "haha, here's my comeback, gotcha!" response style that tries to sound smart. But in reality, it comes off as an emotionally charged reply from an emotionally wounded child who in reality is not very smart at all.

y5Px5jQ.png

4Uh4Ixr.gif

CXIMZIN.jpg

You would think someone that's having a non-stop orgasm would be fairly stress free. Except when he's hugging his Dad, hugging his dog etc. etc.

His avatar combined with your gif response: *chef's kiss*. Bravo, my friend.

Last edited:

MaulerX

What an idiot. That thread isnt a normal thread that moves up when people respond. It's stickied. It'll be there unless admin unstickies it and it goes away.

00vm6Yj.jpg

Actually it's not even stickied (because they want as little exposure as possible). It's just a banner at the top that most people ignore and close. Once it's closed it never comes back.

A few people asked it to be stickied and they refused.

Doczu

Nep is just an unlikable, insufferable bitch. She was raised that way, doubt there's anything more to it.

Plus she's short :sick:
I'm gonna bet that she's the most quiet, shut in person in real life that wouldn't dare to speak up in any scenario and she makes it up by cranking her repressed emotions online.

There's a saying in polish that goes "kozak w necie, pizda w świecie". It roughly translates to "Chad online, bitch offline". Met many of those kind

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I recognize as a white dude (taking a page from their thread) I don't understand some of the shit others endure. But that doesn't give you permission to green-light racial slurs being levied against me or anyone else. I am going to call you a piece of shit for doing that.
Exactly.

It doesn't just go for race either.

It can be discriminatory remarks between genders, too tall and too short guys, etc....

The modern day yee-hawing of idiocy (maybe it's always been like this but social media makes it worse), is that groups plays the "whoa is me inferiority card" as a means of taking pot shots at the "OMG, you're so strong and rich" crowd thinking that crowd can, should and like adsorbing jabs.

And when confronted about it, the response will just be like Reeee mods did with the Cracker jokes being accepted wholeheartedly on the site.... "Well, the joke at you isn't as bad as what I get in life, so what?"

And when someone responds to that again saying they dont act bad at people so why are you broke numbnut Reee mods taking a shot at me, the back up reason is.... "Well, ok, but it's all about White privilege so you got it good anyway"

So you can see, it's a circle jerk of one part stupidity (no wonder people think they are idiots), and one part knowing what they are doing hoping their shield of pot shots sticks and nobody doe anything about it (society gifting them a few extra chains on the leash to make them feel better in their miserable lives).

All in all thats current day life. But who cares. People like Nepenthe's entire existence and self worth is bossing people around on a video game board 24/7 for free . LOL

If anything, let her have it while we sit back and laugh. Its been a good day for me too... easy day at work and my portfolio is up $2000. I'll take it!

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

Agreed. She's got a very aggressive "haha, here's my comeback, gotcha!" response style that tries to sound smart. But in reality, it comes off as an emotionally charged reply from an emotionally wounded child who in reality is not very smart at all.
Damn, that is an astute observation. You put it into words better than I ever could. Just a sad and angry person.

Nickolaidas

Mods won’t lock the thread created by the God Cerium… without his permission nobody can touch that thread.

And he is basically an absent person so neither mods can enter in contact with him.
Do they even need his permission anymore? Does he have anything even remotely resembling authority from the moment he sold ERA to someone else?

ethomaz

Banned
Do they even need his permission anymore? Does he have anything even remotely resembling authority from the moment he sold ERA to someone else?
Just read what the mods says… they are pretty much doing what Cerium wants to matter what they think.

BTW seems like Cerium is a Q&A consultant for MOBA yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom