• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

I did a quick Google and it seems as though he featured someone "problematic" in one of his videos, but then later removed that sequence from the video.

So I don't see what the fuss is.

It seems he featured some dude accused of rape in one of his videos, after the rape allegations had surfaced. He then deleted the guy from the video at a later date.

It should be noted that I cannot find any evidence of a police investigation into the rape allegations, or any kind of recent follow up about the incident.

The point being, Scott The Woz is being vilified for featuring a man who may or may not have been guilty of rape in one of his videos, who he then subsequently deleted.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Era:

dlatm.gif
Prove It Killian Scott GIF by Dublin Murders

nush

He featured another YouTuber in a video of his that was deemed problematic, so he by extension is now toxic and problematic. Im quite familiar with it and have pretty strong feelings about it having looked at the allegations objectively. Just going to leave it at that. It’s got to be exhausting for them to keep up with whos problematic or not.
200.gif

(Except us)

It seems he featured some dude accused of rape in one of his videos, after the rape allegations had surfaced. He then deleted the guy from the video at a later date.

It should be noted that I cannot find any evidence of a police investigation into the rape allegations, or any kind of recent follow up about the incident.
Thanks for the clarification, what'd I'd read seemed to skirt around what the actual issue was with this person.

Jsisto

To me, being an adult with lived experience, the whole thing looked like a horrible breakup that was aired out in public while emotions were running high. I was quite satisfied with the thorough explanation that the supposed offending party laid out, but with all these types of trial by internet things, we never will know the truth.

FunkMiller

To me, being an adult with lived experience, the whole thing looked like a horrible breakup that was aired out in public while emotions were running high. I was quite satisfied with the thorough explanation that the supposed offending party laid out, but with all these types of trial by internet things, we never will know the truth.

I mean, the guy (RelaxAlax was his online username) could have been an absolute douchebag rapist, but I don't think Scott should be cancelled for merely having him appear briefly in a video, when no criminal investigation appears to have been even started. If someone deliberately features someone convicted of rape (or even being formally investigated for it if enough evidence has come to light) I can understand the vilification, but that is not the case here, clearly.

Last edited:

Jsisto

I mean, the guy (RelaxAlax was his online username) could have been an absolute douchebag rapist, but I don't think Scott should be cancelled for merely having him appear briefly in a video, when no criminal investigation appears to have been even started. If someone deliberately features someone convicted of rape (or even being formally investigated for it if enough evidence has come to light) I can understand the vilification, but that is not the case here, clearly.
The worst part to me is, Scott and Alax were apparently friends, so he literally deletes his friend out of his video and never works with him again to save face and appease the mob, and they still crucify him. I don’t know what more they expect of the guy.

FingerBang

The worst part to me is, Scott and Alax were apparently friends, so he literally deletes his friend out of his video and never works with him again to save face and appease the mob, and they still crucify him. I don’t know what more they expect of the guy.
Because they want blood. They are not searching for a solution to a problem, they're looking for anything that can be considered a problem that justify their anger and general unhappiness. It can be racism, capitalism, sexism, transphobia, fatphobia etc. They will never run out of problems, because their goal is not to solve them. Eventually they're going to collapse, and that's good. Unfortunately, they've taken control of several institutions and they'll bring them down with them.

CeeJay

Reefugee? You really don't have to beat around the bush and walk on eggshells here.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
wallace and gromit lol GIF by Aardman Animations

Snacking Limited Edition GIF by Goldfish

ross eats GIF

But you know what I love crackers. Some cheese on them hmm nice.

but you know what is racist is hating different races and boy howdy let me tell you I hate certains races with a passion. I mean formula 1 is just crappy go karts. That and hurdles. I kept falling over in school.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like mods are now deleting links to the splinter forums and banning those who do link:
1q9aALZ.jpg
Mods working harder behind the scenes than I thought. They just got to make sure to dont get itchy posting a message! In a couple more hours, it'll be 24 hrs since they all shut their mouths.

You never know, maybe someone from MOBA told to knock off the antagonizing posts. Who knows.

Jsisto

Reefugee? You really don't have to beat around the bush and walk on eggshells here.
Lol no, but I feel like I’ve already derailed this thread enough. That’s an entirely different topic to get deep into and it’s not exactly recent.

Aroll

I can never understand Era's obsession with race. I get it, it's important to give minorities a platform and a voice but this is a video about fucking Smash Bros. Do they also understand what the word minority means?

Also, why are they trying to throw Scott the Woz under the bus? Isn't he one of the more wholesome or widely respected Youtube content creators?
He had someone in a video once that was accused of rape. It possible Scott didn't really think about it at the time and accusations are not necessarily facts - but he later edited that person out of the video.

But of course, if someone makes 1 mistake, he must be cancelled, crucified, and made to answer as if he himself is the one committing the crime.

Because that's what Reset ERA is. I got banned their ages ago simply for having an original thought, and that was that maybe we should start remembering that NONE of us are perfect, all of us make mistakes, and maybe we shouldn't just cancel everyone every single time they make a mistake. Weirdly enough, I think this was in a thread about Boogie, a content creator I don't enjoy and do think leans far too much on his "whoa is me" persona.

It feels weird to quote scripture, but somehow even the BIBLE got this one right: Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

I just, I don't get it. I will never get it. Humans aren't allowed to be human. They must be robots. They are not allowed to disagree with you. They are not allowed to view a comment someone said as NOT being racist if someone else claims that it is. They must be sensitive to someone else's interpretation that's adding words and assumptions to things that aren't actually present.

After I got banned for that, I realized rather quickly what Resetera really is. It's not a safe haven. It's not "what GAF should have been". There has more so much bulljive going on there for so long, it makes unproven accusations against EvilLore look like nothing. Reset ERA is a massively biased thinktank that only promotes single lines of thought and anyone who has any deviation is immediately tossed out.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What is the irony that these privileged wanna-be wokes were working 'fo free, and then sold to another to continue the work 'fo free. While the original guy in the big house made off with the millies, never to look back.

Stephen, big mad!
click steve bannon GIF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Lol no, but I feel like I’ve already derailed this thread enough. That’s an entirely different topic to get deep into and it’s not exactly recent.
American Horror Story Harry GIF by AHS

You haven’t derailed anything. You can have a difference of opinion here. So long as you are not swearing at someone or using slurs or attacking them personally you are ok.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What is the irony that these privileged wanna-be wokes were working 'fo free, and then sold to another to continue the work 'fo free. While the original guy in the big house made off with the millies, never to look back.

Stephen, big mad!
click steve bannon GIF
But that's what pats on the back for a job well done are for. Positive reinforcement to make workers feel important.

Difference is everyone else gets paid as well.

CeeJay

ah sorry, it's just that the posts by members on Era always tend to read like they have been written then proof read a few times with a load of caveats added to make sure they don't directly or indirectly offend someone to the point where they become devoid of personality and humour. They always have a certain stiffness to them and yours seemed to come across a bit like that.

The posts by the mods on the other hand ironically are often near enough the complete opposite of that.

Jsisto

He had someone in a video once that was accused of rape. It possible Scott didn't really think about it at the time and accusations are not necessarily facts - but he later edited that person out of the video.

But of course, if someone makes 1 mistake, he must be cancelled, crucified, and made to answer as if he himself is the one committing the crime.

Because that's what Reset ERA is. I got banned their ages ago simply for having an original thought, and that was that maybe we should start remembering that NONE of us are perfect, all of us make mistakes, and maybe we shouldn't just cancel everyone every single time they make a mistake. Weirdly enough, I think this was in a thread about Boogie, a content creator I don't enjoy and do think leans far too much on his "whoa is me" persona.

It feels weird to quote scripture, but somehow even the BIBLE got this one right: Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

I just, I don't get it. I will never get it. Humans aren't allowed to be human. They must be robots. They are not allowed to disagree with you. They are not allowed to view a comment someone said as NOT being racist if someone else claims that it is. They must be sensitive to someone else's interpretation that's adding words and assumptions to things that aren't actually present.

After I got banned for that, I realized rather quickly what Resetera really is. It's not a safe haven. It's not "what GAF should have been". There has more so much bulljive going on there for so long, it makes unproven accusations against EvilLore look like nothing. Reset ERA is a massively biased thinktank that only promotes single lines of thought and anyone who has any deviation is immediately tossed out.
It is a MASSIVELY authoritarian way of thinking and running a community and a huge contradiction to their supposed leftist values. As a progressive, I used to lurk there a lot for OT discussion, especially during elections. It’s been echoed here so many times already, but eventually any rational minded person begins to realizeit’s all a ruse, and they have no respect for free speech and well intentioned debate.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Scott the woz posts on here does he not? Pretty sure I saw him on here just a few weeks ago? Could be misremembering that. Era hates most YouTubers it seems. Guilt by association is a logical fallacy they don't believe in.

Jsisto

Scott the woz posts on here does he not? Pretty sure I saw him on here just a few weeks ago? Could be misremembering that. Era hates most YouTubers it seems. Guilt by association is a logical fallacy they don't believe in.
Dude! You’re going to get him in even more trouble. Now he’s a known rapist sympathizer AND posts on the alt right forum neogaf? Ultra toxic! /s

Aroll

It is a MASSIVELY authoritarian way of thinking and running a community and a huge contradiction to their supposed leftist values. As a progressive, I used to lurk there a lot for OT discussion, especially during elections. It’s been echoed here so many times already, but eventually any rational minded person begins to realizeit’s all a ruse, and they have no respect for free speech and well intentioned debate.
Honestly, while I hate getting political, I know what the thought process is really. ResetERA is basically the definition of the "far unreasonable left" and they view GAF as the "far unreasonable right". Honestly, I have been at GAF for a fairly long time and have at most, at like a one day ban and I don't even remember what it was for, it was so long ago. People have always been fairly free here to express opposing view points on basically anything. I mean David Jaffe is here telling people to fuck off and it's not as if anyone here is going to go "yeah, he should be banned". Nobody cares. We will discuss what we need to and move on.

My biggest issue with ERA is as content creator I still visit there (and here) to find news/rumors to possibly report on and the thing is, I can barely recall a thread I have clicked on there that is just a massively majority "negative" comments. If you just lived in that bubble, you would think the world is a dreadful place. And while there is some truth to some bad shit, there is a ton of good shit too and people don't stop to appreciate that enough over there.

clem84

Gold Member

This thread here is PEAK Era! Such a positive and wholesome thread, only three posts in and it's completely derailed by “problematic" allegations and racism. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
The User Neoxon fits in perfectly with Era. The entitlement and victimhood is through the roof. This person cannot talk about a game he apparently loves without reminding everyone how anti-black Smash Ultimate is (no jokes). See, the game cannot be a compilation of characters people simply want to see and play, no no. Everything revolves around racism and victimhood, so you can't let someone get away with posting something positive about the game, even something as uncontroversial as a Thank you video to the game's producer.

Teslerum

It's not even a mistake, though. Youtube videos are usually planned long in advance and by the time the relevant part was done Scott could easily have known nothing concrete about a possible rape. I have NO issue if people in the future don't work with the guy, but for me the mistake here is later editing the video to remove the person.

I mean people are basically doing this in front of the mob:

b21wb3NpdGUuanBn

Which is messed up beyond belief.

Last edited:
The User Neoxon fits in perfectly with Era. The entitlement and victimhood is through the roof. This person cannot talk about a game he apparently loves without reminding everyone how anti-black Smash Ultimate is (no jokes). See, the game cannot be a compilation of characters people simply want to see and play, no no. Everything revolves around racism and victimhood, so you can't let someone get away with posting something positive about the game, even something as uncontroversial as a Thank you video to the game's producer.
And first reply in that thread is basically a retarded saying: "*sees Scott the Woz* Yikes"
And then proceeds to people talking about the lack of black characters
Fuck those guys lmao, can you imagine going out and having a discussion with them in a bar or something? Holy shit I'd have to come up with an excuse to gtfo as soon as possible

NickFire

Funny that they shit on someone who is problematic adjacent while ignoring the content on their sister sites that makes Era itself problematic adjacent.
In my opinion this proves that the people calling to cancel everything are straight up cultists without a single fiber of moral conviction. Can you imagine the keyboard outrage they would direct to any company that allowed said content on a platform it controlled? It would probably be so bad that just admitting to buying a product from a relevant company after they learned of the hypothetical phobic content would be a ban worthy offense.

If any of the cancel types there were honest brokers, they would have gotten their accounts nuked a week ago.

bender

What time is it?

They wanted an apology that they could then pick apart and deem not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom