• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For all the Ceriums out there: Any root plant that grows leaves upward can make a tasty garnish.
For all the Ceriums out there: If you are starting a site and need some people with money to help get it up and running, I'm in. Just make note I'm not selling my shares to you and will only sell out when you sell out.

nush

Gold Member
d7Q5JRq.png

fJaHQkr.gif

noshten

Just skimmed over the media create thread. What a shit show lol. I guess that's what happens when you give "artists" and basement dwellers the responsibility of managing a community. For those who want a laugh: Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) [Read STAFF POST] Sales | Page 50 | ResetEra

It was a wild ride, honestly this is much better that it turned out like this, one guy got rich and sales era finally has it's own place on the internet
since sales era is pretty much the only thing i followed on that site, so this implosion worked out perfectly

ethomaz

Banned
I don’t even understand wtf is going on there.. TLDR? How did they manage to turn a media create sales thread into fucking drama?
I can understand how they reached that.

First Chris1964 do a really good job with MC threads but he doesn’t accept any different opinion than himself.
Any time you post something different in that thread that doesn’t fit his “Japanese’s expert” vision he antagonize the poster.
And the opposite is true too… some posters antagonize him because they have different opinions from Chris1964.

That is the main issue…

But that thread got unmoderated for so long that when a mod finally start to do his job because Chris1964 discussed with a mod that the thread was non-moderated… he create a mess for himself because he was one of the first to be banned for antagonize others posters for 1 day… he that things to be the guru for some in the MC threads.

So after that Chris1964 left and several “friends” left together.

But remember… I used to post in the MC threads created by Chris1964 here in GAF and there in ERA and he never accepted any opinion his threads different from what he “believes be the right lol

BTW he was banned for two specific posts (well you will says theses posts have nothing but in ERA standard they are permabanable):

Well it is not a MC/Chris1964 alone… ERA is basically made of that… if you don’t have the same opinion that the majority (Chris1964) you are heavy bullied there… including by mods.

It just that in Chris1964 case the mod choose to weirdly to be neutral and ban Chris1964 for not accepting others opinions in his thread.

PS. It is not a ERA issue with Chris1964 alone… GAF thread has full of people antagonizing you for disagree with some Chris1964’s nonsense… even he not being here GAFer uses wrongly his opinions as fact.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
One thing that kinda made me get off Era was that it seems warning are nonexistent. In first year or so, you’ll get warnings if you are a bit out of line. Only the most serious of offenses were considered ban worthy. It increasingly became apparent that mods were more ban hammer happy the longer the forum goes.

I mean even posting some meme words like bomba can get you banned there now. I can understand it since it’ll be like bomba post for the first 20 replies. It’s why I like gaf emotes. I don’t have to repeat the post to say I have the same opinion. I just have to like the post and not clutter the thread.

ManaByte

Gold Member
One thing that kinda made me get off Era was that it seems warning are nonexistent. In first year or so, you’ll get warnings if you are a bit out of line. Only the most serious of offenses were considered ban worthy. It increasingly became apparent that mods were more ban hammer happy the longer the forum goes.

I mean even posting some meme words like bomba can get you banned there now. I can understand it since it’ll be like bomba post for the first 20 replies. It’s why I like gaf emotes. I don’t have to repeat the post to say I have the same opinion. I just have to like the post and not clutter the thread.

They also didn't create their own memes. Bomba is a GAF thing, they just stole it like they did everything else.

What are the odds that Bjorn backs out of the deal after seeing the members at Era plummet? Then Cerium can back peddle and say he canceled the deal based on the other forums in the MobaFire family.
He doesn’t give a shit about the community….they served his purpose and he’s got a bag of money

saw this shit coming a mile off…he got very lucky and he’d be sweating on that ink drying before the forum implodes

lachesis

I never really go over there, but seeing some of the old admin/posters that I interacted on old gaf or even neogaf from years ago, and being accused of what they are doing - it really makes me sad.

I guess people do change, especially in a position of power.

This has all been absolutely fucking delightful.

Side note: I’m unable to access anything in this text box other than basic text suddenly, I can’t bold, can’t add an image, spoiler tag etc…anyone know why?

noshten

PS. It is not a ERA issue with Chris1964 alone… GAF thread has full of people antagonizing you for disagree with some Chris1964’s nonsense… even he not being here GAFer uses wrongly his opinions as fact.

ljg1puyyhxbdjlhhoauw

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the mod who banned him bragging about it on discord, banning other regulars afterwards, one guy getting perma banned for posting something fairly harmless on twitter about another mod who in turn called the community cunts on discord

Buggy Loop

The bans are flowing now. Do the mods realize MOBA wants there to be more users? lulz. They're just burning ad impressions every time they ban someone.

Soo… say there’s a clause in the contract that the product should not be too damaged while the transition takes over (doesn’t that happen with all acquisitions?), could they rip the contract in half for the administration (cough unpaid mods), sabotaging the thing?

This is not even close to the end of the asylum.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

ethomaz

Banned
ljg1puyyhxbdjlhhoauw

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the mod who banned him bragging about it on discord, banning other regulars afterwards, one guy getting perma banned for posting something fairly harmless on twitter about another mod who in turn called the community cunts on discord
The mods on ERA are really something else… in a bad way lol

But in that specific case he was mad with mods why they didn’t moderate the thread and in sequence continued antagonizing others posters.

He got a warning and so a 1 day ban… he practically asked the thread to be more moderated and so he was moderated.

If I, ethomaz, posted anything in ERA like that:

“Posting lol at every innocent post won't get you anywhere or make you look smarter.”

I should be instant perma banned… not a warning with 1 day ban.

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Soo… say there’s a clause in the contract that the product should not be too damaged while the transition takes over (doesn’t that happen with all acquisitions?), could they rip the contract in half for the administration (cough unpaid mods), sabotaging the thing?

This is not even close to the end of the asylum.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV
Them cancelling the deal and Cerium not getting any money would now be the golden cherry on top of this delicious cake. I mean, he showed his ass and REEEE knows they've been played, hard. There's no going back after this. Some are still desperate and in denial about it, but they all know.

And yep, GAF is indeed having a field day at all your expense, thanks for asking. This is the most hilarious thing since the MCS fiasko. You are really the gift that keeps on giving, lol. Keep it up.

Can we all just take a moment to recognise Lamptramp-champ-scamp isn't standing up and shouting, they're sitting...at a keyboard. You may now continue.

Also that poster realising GAF is having a field day. I want to donate GAF gold to them.

EDIT: Funny how Jason Schreier didn't have an inside scoop nor an article about this. How long before expose pieces start cropping up on gaming news sites? Pretty telling when GAF was pushed through the gaming news syndicate but with ERA it's slow going? ERA/Cerium deserve the searing spotlight in the next few days.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Them cancelling the deal and Cerium not getting any money would now be the golden cherry on top of this delicious cake. I mean, he showed his ass and REEEE knows they've been played, hard. There's no going back after this. Some are still desperate and in denial about it, but they all know.

And yep, GAF is indeed having a field day at all your expense, thanks for asking. This is the most hilarious thing since the MCS fiasko. You are really the gift that keeps on giving, lol. Keep it up.

How can something be canceled when it's already been paid. Cerium obviously made this announcement after the deal went through. He would lose some money I think the deal includes a retention deal but that's not for all the money. So in the end he still has a few million he made. It was smart for him to keep this quiet and make the announcement soon as the deal went through he probably waited at the last minute he had to as I'm assuming the mods would get need eventually.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Finally got banned over there for pointing out how much a gaslighting piece of work Morrigan is, and Era's failure to discipline or remove her. I got banned instead.

First they removed the following screenshot, and then my post. I guess they couldn't handle so much transparency. If they had a shred of integrity, they would have left my post intact so others could discuss, but that would get in the way of their narrative and high-horse professional oppressed victimhood routine.

aa0b0759-1943-4ee7-b1ekxh.jpeg

Why you still have acount there

Leave that godforsaken place forever asap brother

No need to engage with them any further

Have a nice day

Thank you, it is done.

2021-10-16_10-29-13hnjhz.png

That bigotry charge was for me making the mistake of stating that I wanted more information, before I could make up my mind about some case or other. Can't remember exactly what the actual story was ... but imagine getting banned for wanting the full story and evidence? Oh wells.

Last edited:
Plagiarised and adapted from the great Spike Milligan

BOOK 1
CREATION, ACCORDING TO THE GAME JOURNALISTS

In the beginning Cerium created the discord invite and bought a license for xenforo.

And darkness was upon the face of the reeeers; this was due to most of them not being able to afford that months electricity bill.

And Cerium said, Let there be a site but only for prominent GAF members; and there was a site, but GoDaddy said that He would have to wait until Thursday for the SSL certificate.

And Cerium saw the site and it was good; He saw the projected costs and that was not good.

And Cerium called the site Resetera, and the darkness he called GAF, and in so doing, became the Founder.

And Cerium said, Let there be a team of moderators and Cerium gathered all the snakes and beasts that creepeth on their bellies unto Him.

And Cerium said, Let the boards be gathered together unto one place, and let the ads appear, and at Google they were monetised at $2,000 per day.

And Cerium said, Let the reeeers bring forth cash, and the reeeers brought forth cash and Cerium smoked, injected and snorted most of it.

And Cerium said, Let there be lies in social media and game sites to give life to the site, and it was so, except over at GAF and KF where this bullshit was overtly rejected.

And Cerium said, Let the reeeers bring forth those that hath life, flooding the board with idPol freaks and emotionally unstable furries.

And Cerium blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, multiply, and fill my fannypack full of cash, and let fowl multiply on Twitter where Morrigan and Nepenthe would cancel them.

And Cerium said, Let us pressure developers to make games in our own image, but woe many came out like Spitting Image.

And He said, Let Resetera have dominion over Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, DONTNOD and every creepy studio that creeepeth upon the woke. Except CD Projekt Red who gave them a stiff middle finger and said Fuck You.

And Cerium said, Behold, I have given you this free yeilding seed, to you this shall be a place to post, but to me it's an investment.

And with that, he sold the site and gave a chubby middle digit to that which He had created and used, laughing in their faces as they realised this new world was just an island. Made of shit. In a river of wretched puke and man nipple lactate.

I have nothing to add to the above, for the scripture tells the truth. 😂

VAVA Mk2

Can someone familiar with its history please explain to me how ResetEra came to be? Was it basically rejects from here decided to start their own club?

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Plagiarised and adapted from the great Spike Milligan

BOOK 1
CREATION, ACCORDING TO THE GAME JOURNALISTS

In the beginning Cerium created the discord invite and bought a license for xenforo.

And darkness was upon the face of the reeeers; this was due to most of them not being able to afford that months electricity bill.

And Cerium said, Let there be a site but only for prominent GAF members; and there was a site, but GoDaddy said that He would have to wait until Thursday for the SSL certificate.

And Cerium saw the site and it was good; He saw the projected costs and that was not good.

And Cerium called the site Resetera, and the darkness he called GAF, and in so doing, became the Founder.

And Cerium said, Let there be a team of moderators and Cerium gathered all the snakes and beasts that creepeth on their bellies unto Him.

And Cerium said, Let the boards be gathered together unto one place, and let the ads appear, and at Google they were monetised at $2,000 per day.

And Cerium said, Let the reeeers bring forth cash, and the reeeers brought forth cash and Cerium smoked, injected and snorted most of it.

And Cerium said, Let there be lies in social media and game sites to give life to the site, and it was so, except over at GAF and KF where this bullshit was overtly rejected.

And Cerium said, Let the reeeers bring forth those that hath life, flooding the board with idPol freaks and emotionally unstable furries.

And Cerium blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, multiply, and fill my fannypack full of cash, and let fowl multiply on Twitter where Morrigan and Nepenthe would cancel them.

And Cerium said, Let us pressure developers to make games in our own image, but woe many came out like Spitting Image.

And He said, Let Resetera have dominion over Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, DONTNOD and every creepy studio that creeepeth upon the woke. Except CD Projekt Red who gave them a stiff middle finger and said Fuck You.

And Cerium said, Behold, I have given you this free yeilding seed, to you this shall be a place to post, but to me it's an investment.

And with that, he sold the site and gave a chubby middle digit to that which He had created and used, laughing in their faces as they realised this new world was just an island. Made of shit. In a river of wretched puke and man nipple lactate.
This should have its own thread!

I got banned from there a couple years ago, I think I said Instagram models are just women who are too short to be regular models, or something like that. I continued to lurk as the gaming forum was the best gaming news aggregate im aware of. That was until the Cyberpunk fiasco last year, and all the social justice shenanigans started creeping into every thread. Can’t I just enjoy my video game news?

A fitting demise for them if you ask me.

Banjo64

cumsessed
MIt was a wild ride, honestly this is much better that it turned out like this, one guy got rich and sales era finally has it's own place on the internet
since sales era is pretty much the only thing i followed on that site, so this implosion worked out perfectly
Where’s Chris moved to?

Bjorn is going to have to live up to his namesake on his newly acquired Admin and Mod team if he wants to milk the rest of the user base of every penny…

tenor.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
Finally got banned over there for pointing out how much a gaslighting piece of work Morrigan is, and Era's failure to discipline or remove her. I got banned instead.

First they removed the following screenshot, and then my post. I guess they couldn't handle so much transparency. If they had a shred of integrity, they would have left my post intact so others could discuss, but that would get in the way of their narrative and high-horse professional oppressed victimhood routine.

aa0b0759-1943-4ee7-b1ekxh.jpeg

Thank you, it is done.

2021-10-16_10-29-13hnjhz.png

That bigotry charge was for me making the mistake of stating that I wanted more information, before I could make up my mind about some case or other. Can't remember exactly what the actual story was ... but imagine getting banned for wanting the full story and evidence? Oh wells.
From the screenshots I’ve seen it seems whenever they ban someone for questioning a mod in a respectful way they have to put a slanderous tag on the user’s banned post like ‘history of racism, sexism, downplaying animal rape, sexualises shemales’ etc.

Makes me wonder why none of that shit is allegedly worth a ban on Era but questioning a mod is?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom