• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at that old concept art and the hype is rising.

cP92GYa.jpg

What's that from?

-Don Mattrick welcomes us to the reveal of "New generation is about to be revealed"
-Montage plays of the history of entertainment, starting with Charlie Chaplin footage ending in Xbox 720 name reveal.
-Call of Duty 10 minute walkthrough
-Talk about 720 what it means for developers/gamers
-Brief look at Unreal 4 on 720
-Brief update on Indie support
-Frostbite 3.0 demo on 720
-Talk about Live in the new generation including new media functionality
-Cool segway into a PGR5 trailer leading to a 10 minute gameplay demo.
-"One more thing" Shows the box rise from the floor.
-Don Mattrick back on stage "See you at our E3 Briefing"

What I don't expect:
  • More than 1 shooter on stage
  • More than 1 Microsoft published title on stage.
  • Kinect at this event
  • Talk of whether its online/offline required. Just vague "We are letting publishers decide"

specs bro specs do you even specs.

-Don Mattrick welcomes us to the reveal of "New generation is about to be revealed"
-Montage plays of the history of entertainment, starting with Charlie Chaplin footage ending in Xbox 720 name reveal.
-Call of Duty 10 minute walkthrough
-Talk about 720 what it means for developers/gamers
-Brief look at Unreal 4 on 720
-Brief update on Indie support
-Frostbite 3.0 demo on 720
-Talk about Live in the new generation including new media functionality
-Cool segway into a PGR5 trailer leading to a 10 minute gameplay demo.
-"One more thing" Shows the box rise from the floor.
-Don Mattrick back on stage "See you at our E3 Briefing"

What I don't expect:
  • More than 1 shooter on stage
  • More than 1 Microsoft published title on stage.
  • Kinect at this event
  • Talk of whether its online/offline required. Just vague "We are letting publishers decide"

Unreal 4 = not a demo but a game. They won't want to be seen to be 'following' Sony. UNLESS they can show the same demo at a higher fidelity.

We will live through at leas one crushingly awkward kinect demo.

Kinect WILL be there too. Kinect is essentially most of the reason they have been first in the states for nearly two years.... they will not leave it out.

Linkified

Unreal 4 = not a demo but a game. They won't want to be seen to be 'following' Sony. UNLESS they can show the same demo at a higher fidelity.

Kinect WILL be there too. Kinect is essentially most of the reason they have been first in the states for nearly two years.... they will not leave it out.

Unreal 4 demo because they have to be seen as the engine can be ran on their platform.

They will leave Kinect out of it. they only have 1 hour after all.

TheKayle

Banned

sony showed a lower version of the UE4 elemental demo at the ps4 event

i think ms will show the new UE4 Infiltrator demo
and if this happen will be a MELTDOWN!

Linkified

Their 20+ months of being the top selling console also coincided with the release of kinect.

hardcore gamers are not buying new 360's at this point in the life cycle.

Urgh yes they are ... by that same logic the Xbox 360 S is the reason because of the design of the console and that people bought them when there was a more varied library of games?

It's likely an integral part of the system and as such they can't really talk about the next Xbox without detailing the Kinect OS-level functionality. I also expect them to show at least one Kinect game (Ryse), and some Kinect functionality in every or almost every revealed first party title.

p3tran

Banned
console launch information should be formatted towards those who will buy @launch.

waste too much time with trivial and uninteresting stuff and you lost your big momentum.

there is plenty of time to show them kinect games for the kids of the early adopters later on.

they know what counts, I think they will play their cards right.

I have all my good faith towards next xbox, but if ms fucks up I will simply laugh

p.s. that tent account on twitter, its there not to leak but to ..socialize it seems(!).
YO TENT LEAK US A BLURRY PIC FFS!! :D

eso76

Unreal 4 demo because they have to be seen as the engine can be ran on their platform.

They're showing the infiltrator demo. I think.

No way they're leaving kinect out, it's probably crucial in whatever ms has in mind.

console launch information should be formatted towards those who will buy @launch.

waste too much time with trivial and uninteresting stuff and you lost your big momentum.

there is plenty of time to show them kinect games for the kids of the early adopters later on.

I expect the next Xbox to be aimed at everyone from the get-go, similarly to the way Xbox 360 was (they talked about appealing to casual gamers and general entertainment consumers at the 2005 E3 conference). Kinect bundle sales have proven that core gamers are not the only segment willing to pay a relatively large sum of money for a new toy, and with the new subscription plan, I expect the next Xbox to be well within those folks' reach. I believe Microsoft feels the same, and they'll advertise accordingly.

In other words, there will be plenty of core gamer content, but you should also expect "Kinect games for the kids" - granted, maybe not at the unveil, but certainly at E3.

Linkified

I expect the next Xbox to be aimed at everyone from the get-go, similarly to the way Xbox 360 was (they talked about appealing to casual gamers and general entertainment consumers at the 2005 E3 conference). Kinect bundle sales have proven that core gamers are not the only segment willing to pay a relatively large sum of money for a new toy, and with the new subscription plan, I expect the next Xbox to be well within those folks' reach. I believe Microsoft feels the same, and they'll advertise accordingly.

In other words, there will be plenty of core gamer content, but you should also expect "Kinect games for the kids" - granted, maybe not at the unveil, but certainly at E3.

Casual gamer is not going to drop $499 on a console. Even subsidized at $299, most of the families who want to play Dance Central will stick with 360. Therefore you aim it at the core gamer you don't mention Kinect where you can - then 4 years later you switch gears when the price is cheaper, and a core userbase is established.

Casual gamer is not going to drop $499 on a console. Even subsidized at $299, most of the families who want to play Dance Central will stick with 360. Therefore you aim it at the core gamer you don't mention Kinect where you can - then 4 years later you switch gears when the price is cheaper, and a core userbase is established.

I disagree, and the main draw won't be Kinect 2 (although it will certainly add to the appeal) but new media and other functionality that Xbox 360 alone simply won't be able to provide (however, I expect additional functionality for people who own both the 360 and the next Xbox, which will only add to the attractiveness further). $299 + subscription with Gold included is a terrific deal for those people, the same folks who kept flocking to the Wii even after the basic model of Xbox 360 became $50 cheaper. Then a couple of years later you drop the price and introduce something like Fortaleza to catch even more people.

We'll see which one of us is right soon, certainly after E3.

Not sure if I wanna see another Gears right about now. Something new.....

Same here. Massive Gears fan not long ago but didn't play through much of GoW:J before getting bored. Unlikely to ever complete it.

If there is a new Gears, it'll have to really take a massive step forward, and not just be more of the same. I hope MS doesn't do what Sony did with Killzone Shadow Fall for example.

It's time for new IPs and new gameplay ideas. Thing don't have to be grey and brown this generation. Let's get some blue skies going again. More swords and fewer guns. 3D platformers. Action adventures. Anything but another generation of shooters.

At least there's always downloadable games if all else fails :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The same families who don't drop big money on iPhones and iPads?

The same families who don't drop big money on iPhones and iPads?

That's somewhat different, considering both iPhones and iPads do far more than just play games and TV/movies. iPhones are, well obviously, phones. And iPads are this modern day equivalent of many family's home computer - used for Internet, work, etc.

It's likely an integral part of the system and as such they can't really talk about the next Xbox without detailing the Kinect OS-level functionality. I also expect them to show at least one Kinect game (Ryse), and some Kinect functionality in every or almost every revealed first party title.

They should do the entire Dashboard demonstration using Kinect so they can kill two birds with one stone.

That's somewhat different, considering both iPhones and iPads do far more than just play games and TV/movies. iPhones are, well obviously, phones. And iPads are this modern day equivalent of many family's home computer - used for Internet, work, etc.

And you'll be able to do all of that with the next Xbox (even using it as a video phone with Skype), and more.

I very much want a new Gears game. The problem isn't Gears, it's Judgement. That's just not as good.

Plus I would love to see what Gears next gen would look like. Epic knows how to push hardware. We all remember Gears 1 showing what 360 could do.

Majanew

Banned
Maybe Samaritan and Infiltrator are going to be the same game. Maybe a squad of people you can play as in co-op, and we've seen two of the characters.

And you'll be able to do all of that with the next Xbox (even using it as a video phone with Skype), and more.

That doesn't make it a 'must have' that everyone should have, like a phone or a tablet/PC.

Not even slightly in the same ball-park. Also worth considering that my Panasonic VT65 TV has Skype and a camera built-in and most Samsung & Panasonic Smart TVs are going to this road (probably the rumoured Apple TV too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom