• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
but googy has googy now

incoming lawsuit

Xbox Now! is trademarked and domain registered. If and when Microsoft wants to use that name they can with very little resistance. Google is not a direct competitor to Xbox. "Bing Now" would be more lawsuit worthy than Xbox Now! Also the "explanation" mark makes it different.

Gestault

LXXwpYS.gif

Izick

A VaporMag Xbox is something my mind can't comprehend. Hell, just having the Surface design team at all would be spectacular. Probably the best looking tablet on the market, to me.

derFeef

Listening to the Killer Instinct main theme right now.

If this music starts playing either now or during E3, I may just pass out from over-hype. Rare is Microsoft's ace up its sleeve- they can really do some damage with some big games from them.

I believe:
http://playxbla.com/killer-instinct-trademark-renewed/
Our legal eagles have authorized us to say: “We have either renewed or refiled a trademark application in various jurisdictions.”

Ales

Neo Member
We've already heard from Microsoft employees that the reveal is going to be hardware orientated, they might not go into the detail that Sony did but I'm pretty sure one way or another we are going to see specs on the reveal date.

Do not give in detail the specifications would be stupid.After the announcement the third party will be free to speak and make judgments about the console and make comparison with the ps4.So it is better that it is MS to explain the HW choices made.

Karak

Can someone please do a Jade Empire 2 days remaining? If you have a spare moment? Like Shenmue, it is a distant reality but a favorite of mine.

Gestault

Hey man, how do you make these GIFs? I'm trying to make some (non-Xbox) related GIFs with video in specific shapes with a transparent background. Could you point me in the right direction?

I use Adobe ImageReady. Basically, you can make a selection from the "transparency" of a text layer, then use it like a punchout and delete sections from each frame. I'm sure there are more graceful ways to do it, lol

Izick

What is this talk of "Xbox Now!" from a supposed Rare employee?

Apparently just horse-puckey. It was a guy with some Rare memorabilia trying to pass off as an employee.

Shenmue 3 as a launch title would be a gigantic gigaton of otherworldly proportions.

I don't even know what would happen. I think a black hole would be created at the event and throw everyone into an alternate dimension or something.

Axonometri

So I had heard something about cross-gen being a big thing and MS is prepping to update 360 to match branding... but is it more than that?

Could we see cross-gen play between 360 and next Xbox?

Guys, I may actually do the Doritos and Mountain Dew combination. It would seem so fitting especially since the Doritos Pope will be presiding over the festivities.

Karak

It's basically something that was so different for the time, and it just felt like it was on another level. I know a lot of people dislike it and somewhat similar games like Heavy Rain, but I like them.

Or people just liked the game naturally wanting another:)

clav

Xbox Now! is trademarked and domain registered. If and when Microsoft wants to use that name they can with very little resistance. Google is not a direct competitor to Xbox. "Bing Now" would be more lawsuit worthy than Xbox Now! Also the "explanation" mark makes it different.

feature set wise if it does the same thing I see a lawsuit

voice activated commands
show info relevant to interests

lawsuits happen all the time

macewank

Fourth column is Q12012 market share:
1.9% for WP
22.5% for iOS

Second column is Q12013 market share:
2.9% for WP
18.2% for iOS

Then:
2.9 > 1.9 WP
18.2 < 22.5 iOS

I think the point was that iOS added more units than WP8.

Not hard to grow your % when the numbers are as low as they are with WP8

I think the point was that iOS added more units than WP8.

Not hard to grow your % when the numbers are as low as they are with WP8

I took it as growth in marketshare which Microsoft has slowly done while Apple has lost some.

Fourth column is Q12012 market share:
1.9% for WP
22.5% for iOS

Second column is Q12013 market share:
2.9% for WP
18.2% for iOS

Then:
2.9 > 1.9 WP
18.2 < 22.5 iOS

Windows has overtaken Blackberry but are still miles behind Apple and Android. Apple needs to get something going though. ios 7 is supposed to be a major change. I'm still wondering if the lukewarm response to both Windows 8 and the Surface will have any impact of the new Xbox?

Yuk. No amount of Mountain Dew will get rid of that image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom