• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

You should definately use Cronusmax Pro. I am lost with out it. I have downloaded script to have autoclutch with rev matching in forza5,6 and fh2, fh3 when i am using a controller. Cronusmax has 8 memory slots where you can store scripts and use them without the need of PC, after use assigned them to eash slot :)

Mascot

You should definately use Cronusmax Pro. I am lost with out it. I have downloaded script to have autoclutch with rev matching in forza5,6 and fh2, fh3 when i am using a controller. Cronusmax has 8 memory slots where you can store scripts and use them without the need of PC, after use assigned them to eash slot :)

Sounds good - many thanks! I'll look into it tomorrow and report back.

ShowDog

Is the T500RS with shifter still considered a legit PS4/PC setup? I know there are better pedals out there for sure if you want to start throwing $$$ around.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This is basically how I feel about Microsoft/Sony/wheel makers in general. They could easily make all these wheels work across all hardware.

I have a Playseat/TMX Pro setup, with the TH8A Shifter. Like $800 worth of hardware, and I can only use my wheel on the X1/PC natively.

It also makes me appreciate Turn 10 Studios after their recent announcement that Forza 7 will be compatible with damn near EVERY USB peripheral on the market(even a fucking Dance Dance Revolution controller if you're so inclined) It's about time the devs gave us this kind of hardware support and I appreciate the fact that I'll be able to use my Bodnar wheel, Quaife shifter and HPP PRX pedals *natively* to play Forza 7 if I want to.

Mascot.....if you're having trouble using the Chronus Max Pro, try out GIMX. It might be a bit more involved getting it setup, but it's a lot less buggy than CMP from what I've read. Plus you get a bit more freedom in what you can do(ie assign any button from any of your devices to act like ANY function of your Logitech wheel). I've been using it and it's great. Matlo is also working on true FFB support for the Xbone and is about 25% done.

sTiTcH AU

This is basically how I feel about Microsoft/Sony/wheel makers in general.

While having to buy new hardware for a new gen certainly sucks as well as having it only work on a certain device, what Sony has done this gen regarding wheels is by far the worst. Blocking wheels that previously worked is fucking bullshit.

Mascot

It also makes me appreciate Turn 10 Studios after their recent announcement that Forza 7 will be compatible with damn near EVERY USB peripheral on the market(even a fucking Dance Dance Revolution controller if you're so inclined) It's about time the devs gave us this kind of hardware support and I appreciate the fact that I'll be able to use my Bodnar wheel, Quaife shifter and HPP PRX pedals *natively* to play Forza 7 if I want to.

Is this true? So my Fanatec CSR Elite (which even has an Xbox guide button, FFS) will work with FM7 on the BoneX? (edit: ah, you probably mean just on PC..?)

Mascot.....if you're having trouble using the Chronus Max Pro, try out GIMX. It might be a bit more involved getting it setup, but it's a lot less buggy than CMP from what I've read. Plus you get a bit more freedom in what you can do(ie assign any button from any of your devices to act like ANY function of your Logitech wheel). I've been using it and it's great. Matlo is also working on true FFB support for the Xbone and is about 25% done.

I haven't found CronusMax buggy at all, it's dead simple and works great. It only disconnects the wheel (after ten minutes, which I guess is the authentication cycle) if I activate a DS4 at the same time. I think the flexibility to assign buttons is already in there, I just haven't looked into it yet. The GIMX is interesting (especially if lag-free Bone support with full FFB is added) but daisy-chaining a PC (or laptop) into the connections wouldn't be at all convenient for me. My CronusMax is up and running in less than a minute from turning the PS4 on without much faffing at all, just a couple of plugs and unplugs of the USB dongle.

Mascot

OK, seems I was originally given some duff info. It's the L3 and R3 buttons that need to be pressed simultaneously to replicate the PS button when using a wheel with CronusMax Plus.

As the Fanatec Formula Rim isn't labelled, I knocked this up for reference - someone might find it useful:

20150924_132042%201_zpsy3ark2xd.jpg

paskowitz

OK, seems I was originally given some duff info. It's the L3 and R3 buttons that need to be pressed simultaneously to replicate the PS button when using a wheel with CronusMax Plus.

As the Fanatec Formula Rim isn't labelled, I knocked this up for reference - someone might find it useful:

Very useful.

51FA6CV3EZL.jpg

Bought a Fanatec CSL eliete to upgrade from the Thrustmaster TX, and I'm kinda shocked at how much better the FFB is. Even going into games I had less than favorable opinions on feel 100 times better.

Chris Kay

Neo Member
I am looking to finally upgrade my ancient Logitech GT Force Pro that has served me well all these years. I would like some advice on my available options from those more knowledgeable than me. My primary system is a PS4 but I would like to be able to use it on my PC as well.

It seems like the general consensus is that the Thrustmaster T300 is the best midrange wheel you can get before you step up to a higher price category. I am looking at getting either the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT or the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral. Anybody have any experience with either? Pros and/or cons of either wheel?

Are there any other options I am overlooking? Is it worth it investing in something like the Fanatec CSL Elite or waiting for the new Thrustmaster GT wheel? Is the difference noticeable and worth the extra price investment?

I am looking to finally upgrade my ancient Logitech GT Force Pro that has served me well all these years. I would like some advice on my available options from those more knowledgeable than me. My primary system is a PS4 but I would like to be able to use it on my PC as well.

It seems like the general consensus is that the Thrustmaster T300 is the best midrange wheel you can get before you step up to a higher price category. I am looking at getting either the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT or the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral. Anybody have any experience with either? Pros and/or cons of either wheel?

Are there any other options I am overlooking? Is it worth it investing in something like the Fanatec CSL Elite or waiting for the new Thrustmaster GT wheel? Is the difference noticeable and worth the extra price investment?

The csl elite is worth the extra cost to get started. Also if you are in Europe or Australia the ps4 wheel can be made to work with xb1 if you are so inclined.

The new thrustmaster is going to be very expensive, and I dont know if its unique features will be worth the price.

Chris Kay

Neo Member
The csl elite is worth the extra cost to get started. Also if you are in Europe or Australia the ps4 wheel can be made to work with xb1 if you are so inclined.

The new thrustmaster is going to be very expensive, and I dont know if its unique features will be worth the price.
In Europe but no XB1 support needed. But thanks for the info anyways.

A couple of followup questions if I may. What makes the CSL Elite worth the €200 extra price over the T300? Do you think the CSL support for GT Sport will be good enough/take full advantage considering the Polyphony Digital and Thrustmaster partnership?

I really like the look of the Thrustmaster T-GT but not sure if its worth the €800 either. For 600 I would probably jump on it, but that might take a while. Seeing as I will primarily be playing GTS it's mighty tempting to get a wheel with specific features tailored to it. But if it makes no difference for other games on PC then it would be a wasted investment.

KdotIX

Is the T300 Ferrari Alcantara still worth getting? I would mainly play on PC and have been considering the TS-PC, but with GTS coming out I would also want the functionality to connect to a PS4 as well.

I understand that the TS-PC servo is better than the T300 one as well (for FFB)? Or should I just wait for TM to bring out something new?

Having a hard time deciding if I should buy a new G29 for about 200 Euro..

Dont have a proper set up but guess games like dirt rally and F1 will be even more enjoyable with a decent (?) Wheel instead of the pad.

Having a hard time deciding if I should buy a new G29 for about 200 Euro..

Dont have a proper set up but guess games like dirt rally and F1 will be even more enjoyable with a decent (?) Wheel instead of the pad.

With a desk and a seat you're good to go.

I don't know if it's worth investing 200 euros, that's totally up to you, but driving games change completely (and forever) once you have a decent wheel.

The g29 is a great wheel, especially if you get if with a discount and if you plan on using it on a ps4 other than on pc.

Dirt Rally needs to be played with a proper peripheral (and in VR, if you get the chance).

Having a hard time deciding if I should buy a new G29 for about 200 Euro.
Originally I bought an expensive wheel to play Forza, but games like Forza or the Codemasters F1 games are just made for controller gaming. I had a lot of fun back then and even got better thanith a controller, but you are robbing yourself of fantastic experiences if you're just playing these games with a wheel. DiRT plays well with a wheel but I wouldn't say it feels great necessarily.
What I'm saying is, if you're sure you don't want to play games like Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom Racing Experience (GTR3 next year on console), rFactor 2, Automobilista or iRacing..., then I probably wouldn't recommend buying a wheel, especially if 200 isn't pocket money for you and you plan on storing it in a closet between sessions with the need of setting it up every time you feel like driving some F1.
Btw. those hardcore sims aren't hard, everyone can play those with a few hours of practice and a decent FFB wheel.

Mascot

If any established GAFer in the UK wants to make a saving on a boxed CronusMax Plus with a compatible 4-port USB hub, set up at the moment for Fanatec/PS4 use (but easily changed to whatever you want) then bung me a PM and I'll do a good price. Mine is surplus to requirements now and will be going on eBay shortly.

Mascot

http://cronusmax.com/new-product-drive-hub-pre-order-now/
CronusMax Drivehub, a new racing wheel adapter for PS4/XboxOne consoles. This promises to make things even easier than before. Racing wheel compatibility list is a pretty extensive. Product is a pre-order so reviews are not available yet.
(revitalising this thread might be appropriate now that Gran Turismo release is soon).

Whoah! They actually did it. PS4 and Xbox One support with one device for just about any FFB wheel. That's bloody impressive.

Not a bad price either for true plug and play with zero faffing, considering the CronusMax Plus is around £50 and you still need to buy a compatible USB hub with that. Glad I offloaded my CMP recently, I imagine they'd be hard to shift now.

This is going to be HUGE in the console world.

Getting thoroughly fed up with legacy wheel support fuckage was one of the driving forces that pushed me towards PC gaming. I wonder if I would have stuck with consoles if this was available earlier? I'm glad it wasn't, to be honest - I'm glad I moved for a whole host of other reasons.

Great news for PS4/Bone owners though.

Whoah! They actually did it. PS4 and Xbox One support with one device for just about any FFB wheel. That's bloody impressive.

Not a bad price either for true plug and play with zero faffing, considering the CronusMax Plus is around £50 and you still need to buy a compatible USB hub with that. Glad I offloaded my CMP recently, I imagine they'd be hard to shift now.

This is going to be HUGE in the console world.

Getting thoroughly fed up with legacy wheel support fuckage was one of the driving forces that pushed me towards PC gaming. I wonder if I would have stuck with consoles if this was available earlier? I'm glad it wasn't, to be honest - I'm glad I moved for a whole host of other reasons.

Great news for PS4/Bone owners though.

Just glad I didn't see your above post a few weeks ago otherwise I probably would have pm'd you lol!

Shockingly late to get around to trying the TX on Xbox 360 games (only Daytona and FH1) and they work as in steer and rumble but there's no force feedback, just a lazy return to centre. There was some hefty force feedback at least on Daytona using an Xbox 360 wheel back in the old days.

Is ffb not correctly implemented or am I doing this shit wrong?

Shockingly late to get around to trying the TX on Xbox 360 games (only Daytona and FH1) and they work as in steer and rumble but there's no force feedback, just a lazy return to centre. There was some hefty force feedback at least on Daytona using an Xbox 360 wheel back in the old days.

Wheels that came out after the games were not always fully supported. The Fanatec CSR ran like crap with Dirt 3.

I almost think the DriveHub should get its own thread. It's such great news.

EDIT: I just found out it works wirelessly with the Fanatec wheels if you have an Xbox 360 wireless receiver! That is awesome!

I had this same issue. But no, TX FFB on XB1 with FH1 works.
There was some trick with the XB1 controller. @terrible told me about it, sorry I don't remember what it was. It had to be connected too... or had to be disconnected... or had to be disconnected at a certain point. damnit what was it.

terrible

Banned
I had this same issue. But no, TX FFB on XB1 with FH1 works.
There was some trick with the XB1 controller. @terrible told me about it, sorry I don't remember what it was. It had to be connected too... or had to be disconnected... or had to be disconnected at a certain point. damnit what was it.

Lol I can't even remember exactly what it was either. Definitely some combo of turning the controller on or off (or both!) while the wheel is connected in-game though.

edit: Here we go. The info you need is in this thread.

StuffRuff

Man that DriveHub looks really promising. Seen the devs and customer support posting on a few different forums as well so looks like they are trying to be very active in the community as well.

Had a look at the pre order page and its nearly £25 shipping on top of the £70 price here to the UK. Pushes it out of justifiable for me until they can get some UK distributors on board.

NateGrigs

Well I caved and ordered a drivehub. It says its on preorder so don't know when it'll show up but I'll report back with impressions once I get it. I've got a g27 and FH3, Forza5, and Pcars for xb1 and Dirt 4 and driveclub (probably no good with a wheel) for ps4. Any suggestions beyond forza 7/ gran turismo sport?

I'd also appreciate thoughts on a good+cheapish stand. I'm waffling between the wheel stand pro and the GT omega

NateGrigs

I'm happy to report back that the drivehub seems to work perfectly! I've used my g27 with dirt rally and dirt 4 on the ps4 and some forza horizon 3 and forza7 on the xbox1.

Everything feels like it should and I'm able to use the buttons on the shifter to navigate menus. It did lock up on me once (it was inputting full throttle no matter what i did), but I may have screwed up the order of plugging things into it. (plug in wheel>plug in controller>turn console on>plug drivehub into console)

GTomega stand is also pretty solid by the way.

I'm happy to report back that the drivehub seems to work perfectly! I've used my g27 with dirt rally and dirt 4 on the ps4 and some forza horizon 3 and forza7 on the xbox1.

Everything feels like it should and I'm able to use the buttons on the shifter to navigate menus. It did lock up on me once (it was inputting full throttle no matter what i did), but I may have screwed up the order of plugging things into it. (plug in wheel>plug in controller>turn console on>plug drivehub into console)

The order doesn't really matter if you unplug and replug the whole shebang (ie the usb going into the Xbox/PS4.)

akileese

I just realized this means I can use my VR and my wheel with Dirt Rally so that's exciting as well. Glad to hear everything works the way it should for the most part.

So the DriveHub really works eh, the pictures on their website look like renders and not a final product.

Im gonna get that as soon as possible.

Dave_6

I currently use a G27 wheel and shifter with Fanatec CSPv3 pedals on my PC. Would that Drivehub allow me to use multiple devices like that on a PS4?

NateGrigs

I currently use a G27 wheel and shifter with Fanatec CSPv3 pedals on my PC. Would that Drivehub allow me to use multiple devices like that on a PS4?

I've got the drivehub but can't answer that. Their website does say it supports Fanatic clubsport wheel bases (base, 2 and 2.5 but nothing about 3). I suggest asking at the support tab on their site (drivehubnow.com)

Shaneus

I know there's 360 wheel support for the One/PS4, but do you know if it'll let us user sunbathing like a G27 on the 360?

NateGrigs

I know there's 360 wheel support for the One/PS4, but do you know if it'll let us user sunbathing like a G27 on the 360?

Not sure. I couldn't find much information on 360/ps3 and what I could find seems to contradict itself.

The forums here: http://cronusmax.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/342-Drive-Hub-Support

seem to say that the 360 isn't supported....but there is a brief mention in the manual about connecting a fanatic wheel to a 360.

Also, I think an extra piece of hardware is required to use the official 360 wireless wheel

I think the latest firmware allows the Drivehub to work on PS3 but not 360. You need a PC 360 wireless adapter to use the 360 wireless wheel on the Drivehub (and it works with the Fanatec wheels too!)

Mascot

For those balking at the price, apparently there's 10% off the DriveHub with the code GTPLANET10 at checkout.

Edit: ah, only from https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Works on the CronusMax website too.

From this review thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drive-hub-reviews.358820/

Edit: I've no idea why I still care about this. I've moved exclusively to PC now where wheel support is not an issue. I guess I'm still thrilled that a good solution now exists after years of frustration as a console owner. I'm happy for you guys!

Drastic

For those balking at the price, apparently there's 10% off the DriveHub with the code GTPLANET10 at checkout.
Edit: I've no idea why I still care about this. I've moved exclusively to PC now where wheel support is not an issue. I guess I'm still thrilled that a good solution now exists after years of frustration as a console owner. I'm happy for you guys!

Yeah its a big deal. My drivehub came today, looking forward to installing it and checking out my TX on the PS4Pro.

Top Bottom