• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 9 |OT| Release the Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

RBH said:

Now someone go find the interviews Simms did, around the '09 draft, waxing poetic about Mark Sanchez. Thought he would be a great QB, had everything it took.

I'm no fucking scout, don't pretend to be one, but the only knock I have on Luck is the deep ball, they don't ask him to do it a lot. Mallett has one of the best deep balls/fades I've seen in the last few years. RGIII makes some nice deep throws as well.

Luck threw a deep post, avoided pressure and stepped up, late in the USC game which was just out of the reach of his WR. If that throw wasn't ripping it I don't know what is. Ball must have been 50 yards in the air on a rope, sick fucking throw.

Edit: Stanford doesn't really use more than two WRs anyway, they line up TE's all over the field. What routes are these TEs running that you need to drive/power the ball? It's not like they have great athletes at WR. He's throwing to TE's inside the numbers because that's what they're asking him to do.

bionic77 said:
Is this the first Sunday this year where we will have good games for the entire day?

The biggest two are obviously Bills/Jets and Ravens/Steelers, both of which will probably determine who is going to the playoffs. And then at 4 we get to see a replay of Giants/Pats.

If only we got a great MNF game...

I actually agree with what T-Sizzle said.

Terrell Suggs RE: Ravens/Steelers said:
The whole NFL shuts down just for that game.

Rorschach

Fox318 said:
Does he really have a tattoo beard?
The fact that you can't tell for sure means that it worked. Good job, guy!

My fav:

3tH9L.jpg

Levyne

Banned
NFC East Blog said:
John Beck was just sacked again, seriously.

Talk about adding insult to injury. If you thought the performance of John Beck and the Washington Redskins' offensive line from Sunday's 23-0 loss to the Bills couldn't get any worse, you were way wrong. According to Mike Jones of The Washington Post, the official scorers have decided that the Bills tallied 10 sacks in the game instead of the nine for which they were originally credited:

They reviewed a play in which Beck scrambled to his left, fumbled, recovered the ball and then was tackled. Originally, the stop was ruled a tackle, because Beck was running. But he actually was stopped behind the line by Danny Batten and Nick Barnett. Both players were awarded a half-sack.

haha. But seriously, 10 sacks in a game last time I saw that was....last year

:(

also wow at that ESPN tebow thing

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
jmdajr said:
god damn this is funny... it's still going on
What's going on? I can't view that site at work.

I think Luck will be a disappointment. Seriously, he's been built up so high unless he comes in and plays like near Prime Peyton at least his first year people will be dissapointed.

Doomsayer

DeaconKnowledge said:
I think Luck will be a disappointment. Seriously, he's been built up so high unless he comes in and plays like near Prime Peyton at least his first year people will be dissapointed.

This is bullshit, I think.

People need to learn to temper their expectations, especially if he gets drafted by Miami or the Broncos. Those teams are awful with no play makers on offense. Luck won't go there and suddenly have them put up 25+ points a game.

He will be a solid pro. He needs a scheme to fit his skills though, which sadly, most NFL teams don't give a shit about.

Scheme > Individual talent

Also fuck NFL Live for not including Aldon Smith on the DPOY nominees. How does Von Miller get in over him? Smith has more sacks in a limited role. Von Miller does nothing but rush the passer and was even benched!

LJ11

DeaconKnowledge said:

Well it's because they're setting themselves up for disappointment with those kinds of expectations.

This dude will be all that and more, guy is everything you want in a QB.

Doomsayer said:

People need to learn to temper their expectations, especially if he gets drafted by Miami or the Broncos. Those teams are awful with no play makers on offense. Luck won't go there and suddenly have them put up 25+ points a game.

He will be a solid pro. He needs a scheme to fit his skills though, which sadly, most NFL teams don't give a shit about.

Do you think the general public gives a shit about that?

He's been billed as the next Peyton Manning. When he comes to the NFL, that's what people will expect.

Doomsayer

DeaconKnowledge said:
Do you think the general public gives a shit about that?

He's been billed as the next Peyton Manning. When he comes to the NFL, that's what people will expect.

While I'll give you that think of it this way. Peyton was billed the same way as Luck and he didn't light it up right away, he was an interception machine his first couple of years. I really don't care what the general public thinks because 90% of them are retarded anyway.

It's only right my ban ends as the Lions are coming off an epic victory. The second half of the season will be hard, but I think we can edge out 4 more wins at the least.

PhoenixDark said:
It's only right my ban ends as the Lions are coming off an epic victory. The second half of the season will be hard, but I think we can edge out 4 more wins at the least.

Pfffh. The Steelers finally beat the Brady Bunch and during my ban. All for a statement I made that was 100% true.

bionic77 said:
I would guess it is a woman.

The wings and the fact that it is a tramp stamp.
male_tramp_stamps_32.jpg

Bowser

Doomsayer said:

Also fuck NFL Live for not including Aldon Smith on the DPOY nominees. How does Von Miller get in over him? Smith has more sacks in a limited role. Von Miller does nothing but rush the passer and was even benched!

Most everyone has Von Miller as the runaway winner for DRotY, even based on statistical analysis: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/02/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-top-3-in-the-top-3/

Aldon Smith is 8th in their rankings

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bionic77 said:
I would guess it is a woman.

The wings and the fact that it is a tramp stamp.

the wings are for Walter Payton I'd assume

MechDX said:
Confusing boner?

for Bob maybe... if Dez Bryant gave me his pimped out watch, I'd wear it, that's my limit.

Doomsayer

Bowser said:
Most everyone has Von Miller as the runaway winner for DRotY, even based on statistical analysis: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/02/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-top-3-in-the-top-3/

Aldon Smith is 8th in their rankings

I realize that Miller has had much more playing time, but he has less sacks and was benched because he was only playing the pass. He is a damn good rusher, but he is a bit to one dimensional. I know it sounds funny because I'm praising Aldon for being a 3rd rusher, but that is all he's asked to do. He's dropped into coverage <5% of the time, but he doesn't look lost while doing it. He did drop an easy interception though. :(

Doomsayer said:
I realize that Miller has had much more playing time, but he has less sacks and was benched because he was only playing the pass. He is a damn good rusher, but he is a bit to one dimensional. I know it sounds funny because I'm praising Aldon for being a 3rd rusher, but that is all he's asked to do. He's dropped into coverage <5% of the time, but he doesn't look lost while doing it. He did drop an easy interception though. :(

Sounds like Homerism on your part. Miller has almost double the snaps.

Trasher

PhoenixDark said:
I said 9-7 before the season. I can still see that being a possibility...but here's hoping they prove me wrong. Wrong in a good way...lol.

I just keep cringing at that last stretch of our schedule. My god.

Doomsayer

DeaconKnowledge said:
Sounds like Homerism on your part. Miller has almost double the snaps.

I admit I have a bit of bias, but my main argument shouldn't be ignored. Both of their jobs is to rush the passer, correct? Aldon Smith has more sacks on less snaps than Von Miller, doesn't that mean he is doing his job better?

Since Miller is a starter I understand why he is getting the nod. I'm just happy we drafted a OLB/DE that can actually rush the passer. I'm looking at you, Manny Lawson.

LJ11

Doomsayer said:

I don't even know why you're getting tight over some dumb list, but can you tell me why Miller was benched for only playing the pass? Was he refusing to do anything else? I thought he was benched because he was get dominated at the POA.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Doomsayer said:
I admit I have a bit of bias, but my main argument shouldn't be ignored. Both of their jobs is to rush the passer, correct? Aldon Smith has more sacks on less snaps than Von Miller, doesn't that mean he is doing his job better?

Since Miller is a starter I understand why he is getting the nod. I'm just happy we drafted a OLB/DE that can actually rush the passer. I'm looking at you, Manny Lawson.
That's exactly what it means.

Doomsayer

LJ11 said:
I don't even know why you're getting tight over some dumb list, but can you tell me why Miller was benched for only playing the pass? Was he refusing to do anything else? I thought he was benched because he was get dominated at the POA.

Two plays come to mind initially;

One was an obvious run play where the Broncos were in a run defense, at the snap he charged the LOS and was driven so far in the backfield he completely lost control of his gap and Matthews ran for 30+ yards. He played the pass on a run down in a run defense, that is bad.

The other was a play where he had an option of covering the RB(if he goes out on a pattern) or rush the QB, he chose to rush. The RB (Matthews?) runs a route to the flat and gets a 15 yard gain on 3rd down.

I'm not really getting tight over it, just would like to see some recognition for his stellar play.

Milchjon

Some of my favorites from the 2 minutes I spent there:

all nude offensive lineman calendar > tebow

The guy who has to photoshop Lindsay Lohan's playboy spread > Tebow

Sean Taylor's Home Security System > Tebow

ESPN mods weeping into their Diet Cokes > Tebow

LJ11

Doomsayer said:
Two plays come to mind initially;

One was an obvious run play where the Broncos were in a run defense, at the snap he charged the LOS and was driven so far in the backfield he completely lost control of his gap and Matthews ran for 30+ yards. He played the pass on a run down in a run defense, that is bad.

The other was a play where he had an option of covering the RB(if he goes out on a pattern) or rush the QB, he chose to rush. The RB (Matthews?) runs a route to the flat and gets a 15 yard gain on 3rd down.

I'm not really getting tight over it, just would like to see some recognition for his stellar play.

Cool, but throwing him on the bench for fucking up like that is a bit much if you ask me. That's what happens when you take a rusher and ask him to be a complete LB, which is something the Niners aren't doing with Smith. Takes time to develop, especially when you've played with your hand down for most of your life.

LJ11

MWS Natural said:
The internet? lol

Mayock said:
"It's just this gut feeling I have that I don't know how great he wants to be. "
"What it really comes down to .. is football IQ and work ethic. And if he wants to be the best quarterback in the game, I'm all in. I love it.”
"But something tells me that he'll be content to be a multi-millionaire who's pretty good. And that doesn't get it done for me."

Nawrocki of PFW said:
“Very disingenuous – has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law – does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room…Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness – is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

"Seems like a douche."

LevelNth

Banned
I don't know, I've watched about 7 full Stanford games in the last two seasons and IMO, Luck is damn incredible. Yes, it's college, and it's not at the same level as the NFL, and no, there is no guarantee he'll be lights out amazing when he gets here...

But if anyone can, as best as you can tell from college, it's Luck. His progression skills, accuracy, defensive reads and presence in the pocket is absolutely phenomenal. He's incredible to watch, especially when he's on. Just last week the guy threw a pick six that should've been the game against huge state rival USC, and proceeded to come back on the field under HUGE pressure and storm the field for a game tying TD.

Not only that, but coming into the NFL, he would immediately get slotted into the NFL as the third best scrambler IMO, behind Vick and Newton but ahead of Rodgers and Jackson.

Oh and btw, he leads an undefeated team right now and he calls EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

MWS Natural said:
I wonder where the crew claiming he would be Jamarcus Russell Part2 is now...

I didnt think he would be this good this quickly but i cant recall anyone here saying jbust 2.0. Cam and dalton have performed very well this year. Ponder looks good and gabbert looks like shit. Kap and locker havent played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom