• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 9 |OT| Release the Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousteau

Getting a DNA test on maury> tebow
Khloe Kardashian's manhood > Tebow
Cooper Manning > Tebow
Ghadaffi's security team > Tebow
Finding a finger in a Wendy's frosty > Tebow
Compuserve at 14.4 k baud rate > Tebow
Dirty Randy making a movie on your couch > Tebow
charlie and the chocolate factory, the new one with michael jackson > tebow
Taking a bike ride with Peter King to Wrigley Field > Tebow

LJ11 said:
"Seems like a douche."
And that's just the official media 'scouts" much worse was said. Comparing him to Russel, as MANY did, was just ridiculous.
LevelNth said:
Oh and btw, he leads an undefeated team right now and he calls EVERY SINGLE PLAY.
Really? That's pretty amazing if true.

Milchjon

Cousteau said:
Taking a bike ride with Peter King to Wrigley Field > Tebow

Hahahaha, so random, so great.

I'd also like to see what Mallett has to offer. But I don't mind waiting another 5 years.

Milchjon said:
To think that in the offseason people talked about Luck probably being reunited with Harbaugh :jnc

A lot of retard talking head espn guys out there. Rams or cards were going to win our division easily. Warren sapp said we would finish 2-14.....as did cowherd

LJ11

talisayNon said:
holy shit at pft. Mike Florio is a fucking hack.

Actually, that was Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly, fancies himself a scout. When I searched the Bills forum, it was posted under a PFT headline so I went with that in my post. Went back and checked the original story however, and it was Nawrocki's wording, not Florio's.

So apologies to Florio though he has no problem perpetuating the myth, does have a lot more readers than PFW.

Corrected my original post.

Doomsayer

Floria(o) is still a hack. He just regurgitates other peoples stories and tries to spin them as his own, it is pathetic.

I have never been so wrong about a player than I was about Cam. I thought he was going to bust hard because of his fundamentals. The fact that he is tearing up the NFL right now with no run game (and a piss poor defense, but that's another argument altogether) is astounding.

WedgeX

Banned
Schedule:

EARLY

Miami at Kansas City
Atlanta at Indianapolis
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
NY Jets at Buffalo
Seattle at Dallas
Cleveland at Houston
San Francisco at Washington

LATE

Cincinnati at Tennessee
Denver at Oakland
NY Giants at New England

St. Louis at Arizona
Green Bay at San Diego

5-STAR MATCH UP

Baltimore at Pittsburgh

MONDAY

Chicago at Philadelphia

There were other games in Michigan this past weekend?!

Ghost of Bobby Lane, or Matthew Stafford.

5.gif

19857aab80cd44bb0212e2fc.jpg

There was lots of Tebowing
20111030141341_2011-1030-nfl-lions-broncos0110.jpg

TullochTebow.jpg

Stafford even had his (utterly terrifying) version:
539f630285f0f49b8d4dc122.jpg

MEGATRON
20111030202033_2011-1030-dm-lions27.jpg

f94210f2072afd8d0435172f.jpg

Former Broncos did their part (I can empathize, Bronco's fans)
bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111030CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110300808RefPHItem9Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

21979c6771391d33ff6ebbbd.jpg

20111030202655_2011-1030-dm-lions22.jpg

The running game did....things!
bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111030CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110300808RefPHItem18Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

As did the D.
bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111030CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110300808RefPHItem19Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

d07446543bfb6ae1ebb0d5e0.jpg

bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111030CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110300808RefPHItem23Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111030CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110300808RefPHItem1Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

eznark

Banned
Lots of people were calling Cam VY-like. That was mostly because of his terrible combine interviews and the atrocious image he presented over the offseason. I absolutely thought that'd be the case. After the pre-season I thought that a VY comparison was generous. He looked overwhelmed by the speed of the game and completely nable to grasp the Panther offense. Obviously he took brain steroids.

LJ11

Doomsayer said:
I have never been so wrong about a player than I was about Cam. I thought he was going to bust hard because of his fundamentals. The fact that he is tearing up the NFL right now with no run game (and a piss poor defense, but that's another argument altogether) is astounding.

Didn't have a defense at Auburn either, it was the Nick Fairely show.

Auburn's run game was unreal though, they destroyed teams on the ground, really helped the pass game. Didn't have many receivers either, outside of the TE/H-Back whose name I can't spell.

That Arkansa v Auburn game was one of the best games I've watched, no D, but fun as hell watching two teams run up and down.

eznark said:
Lots of people were calling Cam VY-like. That was mostly because of his terrible combine interviews and the atrocious image he presented over the offseason. I absolutely thought that'd be the case. After the pre-season I thought that a VY comparison was generous. He looked overwhelmed by the speed of the game and completely nable to grasp the Panther offense. Obviously he took brain steroids.

But if you compare their mechanics they're nothing alike. Young's motion is pretty shitty compared to Cam's. Newton still has work to do, but Young never had Newton's arm.

WedgeX

Banned
eznark said:

...Cheerios?!

eznark

Banned
LJ, there were very few people questioning his physical ability (and I never did). The thought was he would fail despite his physical attributes a la Leaf and George.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
MWS Natural said:
Really? That's pretty amazing if true.
I'm not sure if he calls every play, but he has the green light to call his own plays a good portion of the time (and in non-hurry-up situations).

meljeff

The 49ers have won 3 east coast games this year so far. If they win this week this will be amazing. Does anyone know when a team has last won 4 east coast games like that?

bionic77

eznark said:
LJ, there were very few people questioning his physical ability (and I never did). The thought was he would fail despite his physical attributes a la Leaf and George.
ez, you are with friends here. You don't need to use the code words that you use with strangers such as "unable to read a defense" or "not a traditional quarterback". We get YOU man. No need to hide behind words here.

You can just tell us what you feel here. I promise nothing bad will happen. My word on it as the world's greatest Patriots fan. And in addition to Cam's "shortcomings", I am also kind of interested in your opinions on professional wrestling and whether or not lesbian couples should change the gender of their children.

WedgeX

Banned
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuu

Canadian alt-rockers Nickelback will promote their upcoming album, "Here and Now," with a half-time performance at the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving Day game against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 24.

Outraged Lions fans have already created a petition on change.org to urge Ford Field to choose another band to perform at the Thanksgiving Day halftime show, asking, "Is this some sort of ploy to get people to leave their seats during halftime to spend money on alcoholic beverages and concessions?"

Looks like I am getting food at half-time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
meljeff said:
The 49ers have won 3 east coast games this year so far. If they win this week this will be amazing. Does anyone know when a team has last won 4 east coast games like that?
Probably the Rams the last time they went to the SB. Though keep in mind back then the NFC West still included Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina.

WedgeX

Banned
bionic77 said:
I agree that Green Bay couldn't even get a shit act like Nickelback. You guys probably watch some local polka group at halftime.

There are better polka groups out of Hamtramck.

I have no idea how Luck will turn out as I've honestly never seen him play one snap. But in 15 years I've rarely heard Phil Simms say anything useful.

meljeff

XiaNaphryz said:
Probably the Rams the last time they went to the SB. Though keep in mind back then the NFC West still included Atlanta, New Orleans, and Carolina.

Does that count St Louis isn't exactly West Coast?

Sanjuro

Spectral Glider said:
I have no idea how Luck will turn out as I've honestly never seen him play one snap. But in 15 years I've rarely heard Phil Simms say anything useful.
Ryan Leaf 2.0

LevelNth

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
I couldn't get through the Stanford USC game. Defense is so non existent in college ball. Ugh.
...The announcers did not stop raving about how impressive USC's defense was performing. They were showing stats displaying such all throughout the game.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Having an argument with a friend about Indy picking first. I say trade Peyton while his value is high and draft Luck. Having him sit 2 or 3 years is not an option when you see Dalton, Newton, and even Ponder playing so well. Thoughts?

Sanjuro

Cooter said:
Having an argument with a friend about Indy picking first. I say trade Peyton while his value is high and draft Luck. Having him sit 2 or 3 years is not an option when you see Dalton, Newton, and even Ponder playing so well. Thoughts?
Peyton won't have any value if they draft Luck though.

Cooter said:

Mike and Mike had the same discussion today. They seemed to think that Manning will go to the owner and say either trade me or the pick if the Colts get the 1st pick. I would trade Manning rather then Luck at this point.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Peyton won't have any value if they draft Luck though.

Really? There are many teams that would give a lot to get Peyton for 4 years. Drafting Luck has little to do with that.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Is Tebow the official first quarterback or is it week to week?
Fox is treating this thing on a week-to-week basis. There is no starter for us so depending on how things go this Sunday we might see Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom