• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 9 |OT| Release the Tebow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBH said:
I'm sure it would be quite easy for you Packers fans to do.
Indifferent2.gif

Maybe the old Buckethead, but not the new one!

snesfreak

Banned
Dutch Patriot said:
This is how it's gonna end with the Colts:

1. They draft Luck and keep Manning with the plan to groom Luck untill Manning becomes too old/retires.
2. Manning will annouce his retirement and immediately HC Rob Ryan will make Luck the starter.
3. Manning suddenly realizes he doesn't really want to retire and demands a trade or his starting position back. They trade him out of the AFC to the Seattle Seahawks ,where he signs a one year deal, and than he will start the season off great, to eventually just miss the play-offs because of a shoulder injury. After the season he will announce his retirement once again.
4. Sitting at his ranch in Tennessee, Manning misses football and signs a deal with the Titans. A team with a strong running game and a solide defense, which only misses a QB to make a playoff run. But most importantly in the same devision as his former team the Colts. He will play a magical season defeating Luck in both games against the Colts and he makes it all the way to the AFC championship game, but an bad decision leads to an interception by Vince Wilfork and the Patriots win the game and later the Super Bowl.
5. The year after that Manning is poised to repeat, but his old fragile body still hurts from the pounding he took in the AFC Championship game by the almighty Patriots Defense, so he crashes and burns losing game after game and will eventually be benched to be replaced by Jake Locker.
6. It then is finally time for the Old Peyton to retire, only having won 1 Super Bowl in this entire carreer.
:jnc

LevelNth

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
e5b6rkvg.jpg

some more meaningless stats (qb rating against various rookie CB's) but even aside from the stats culliver has looked really good. obviously a product of our good pass rush and front line but he has really performed well since the eagles game. i thought he was very tentative against the eagles and gave up some yards but since then wow
Culliver is our #2 CB next year with Rogers. Hell I think he'll take over for Brown before this year is done even, he's playing extremely well. He has covered Megatron better than any other CB so far this year.

captive said:
Where is this from? Cause Brandon Harris hasn't even been active for the texans.
Pretty sure he has, played a couple games in fact. I remember seeing him during the Houston-Pittsburgh game.

squicken

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/30/SPBG1LNT28.DTL

I'd never heard the JBust story. So awesome

Among items not included in the article: the time coaches suspected Russell was not studying the game-plan DVDs they gave him each week, so they sent him home with a blank DVD. The next day, they asked Russell what he thought of the game plan. He said it looked good to him.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/29/SPBG1LNT28.DTL#ixzz1cbVLJgFv

meadowrag

Banned
Dutch Patriot said:

1. They draft Luck and keep Manning with the plan to groom Luck untill Manning becomes too old/retires.
2. Manning will annouce his retirement and immediately HC Rob Ryan will make Luck the starter.
3. Manning suddenly realizes he doesn't really want to retire and demands a trade or his starting position back. They trade him out of the AFC to the Seattle Seahawks ,where he signs a one year deal, and than he will start the season off great, to eventually just miss the play-offs because of a shoulder injury. After the season he will announce his retirement once again.
4. Sitting at his ranch in Tennessee, Manning misses football and signs a deal with the Titans. A team with a strong running game and a solide defense, which only misses a QB to make a playoff run. But most importantly in the same devision as his former team the Colts. He will play a magical season defeating Luck in both games against the Colts and he makes it all the way to the AFC championship game, but an bad decision leads to an interception by Vince Wilfork and the Patriots win the game and later the Super Bowl.
5. The year after that Manning is poised to repeat, but his old fragile body still hurts from the pounding he took in the AFC Championship game by the almighty Patriots Defense, so he crashes and burns losing game after game and will eventually be benched to be replaced by Jake Locker.
6. It then is finally time for the Old Peyton to retire, only having won 1 Super Bowl in this entire carreer.

Poignantly tragic.
This means something.
This is art.

overcast said:
Barkley seems NFC West bound for sure. Cardinals or Seahawks are getting him.

The Cards have their QB. Paid him guaranteed money. Plus they didn't have a lot of luck with the last USC QB they drafted.

AngmarsKing701 said:
The Cards have their QB. Paid him guaranteed money. Plus they didn't have a lot of luck with the last USC QB they drafted.

cards won't draft a qb high for at least a couple years. as overrated and mediocre as kolb is, he isn't the only problem with the cards. the coaching staff is fucking awful and they have below average talent at most positions.

cards need to fire their coaching staff and bring in some new blood. whisenhunt tried to turn the cards into steelers west but he's a fucking idiot who thinks superstition trumps good coaching. he's a stubborn douchebag (basically rigged the warner-leinart competition to let leinart win until he got hurt and warner played his way into the lineup) and i have no idea why he was ever jocked by the fans/media

Fox318

Dutch Patriot said:

4. Sitting at his ranch in Tennessee, Manning misses football and signs a deal with the Titans. A team with a strong running game and a solide defense, which only misses a QB to make a playoff run. But most importantly in the same devision as his former team the Colts. He will play a magical season defeating Luck in both games against the Colts and he makes it all the way to the AFC championship game, but an bad decision leads to an interception by Darrelle Revis and the Jets win the game and later the Super Bowl.
You misspelled Darrelle Revis and Jets wrong.

I fixed it for you

Slo

Dutch Patriot said:

Yeah, like that'd ever happen.

meljeff

FrenchMovieTheme said:
e5b6rkvg.jpg

some more meaningless stats (qb rating against various rookie CB's) but even aside from the stats culliver has looked really good. obviously a product of our good pass rush and front line but he has really performed well since the eagles game. i thought he was very tentative against the eagles and gave up some yards but since then wow

This makes me so happy I was so worried about the 49ers secondary this year.

When they signed Rogers and looking at what was left on the roster I was really concerned.
Now mind you the 49ers Pass Defense isn't phenomenal this year in fact I think they are ranked 20th in the league. That said I thought they would be much worse then they are.

It looks like Culliver is pretty legit and Rogers is having a great year.

Can't ask for much more.

(Wish the linebackers would stop dropping ints)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dutch Patriot said:

7. The Titans are left with a gutted, weak franchise and a broken stadium?

I'd add another one where CJ quits on the team but that's already happening!

snesfreak

Banned
Eric Walton said:
cut it out. some people are trying to move on and recover from shit. i'm pretty sure some people in this thread will be hurt by that.

because some people still hurt, every day. some people wake up every day feeling empty. some people, in the future when it happens, may have nightmares about that Wilfork interception.. some people may talk about it in their sleep.

some posters here might have fallen in love only to be let down by a man that made them feel things they had never felt before. i'd hate to rub it in their faces.
:jakncoke

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
e5b6rkvg.jpg

I give Richard Sherman a slight pass in that he barely played CB in college and is still learning the position. Still that is pretty bad.

bluemax said:
I give Richard Sherman a slight pass in that he barely played CB in college and is still learning the position. Still that is pretty bad.

chris culliver was a safety in college and played something like 6 games at CB throughout his college career

Piecake

Concerning the Vikings stadium, I honestly don't know if its going to get done, but I know if it gets done, building it in Arden Hills is a stupid idea. I know why Ziggy wants it there. He will make a shit ton of money off of it, but the public really wont benefit all that much due to the lack of hospitality businesses around there and lack of transportation.

I really like the idea of building it on the Farmer's Market site since it is right next to Target Field and the Target center, very close to the existing light rail and will be on a future planned light rail path. Its also on a major bike path. I think that area would make a lot of sense since you would basically create an sports and entertainment hub thanks to the three stadiums, first ave, and all of the surrounding bars. Plus, the area around the farmers market definitely could use some investment

http://www.ballparkmagic.com/_resources/FarmersMarket.pdf

good site showing the benefits of it.

Piecake

squicken said:
I thought that any possible public money was contingent on it being retractable roofed or doomed?

I sure hope so, since you can actually use the stadium for more things besides football if it had a retractable roof.

Pretty sure thats not the case though, and we will likely get an open-air stadium because its cheaper.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
chris culliver was a safety in college and played something like 6 games at CB throughout his college career
Eh well, Culliver was a third rounder and Sherman was a fifth. Sherman has two years of playing DB. How many does Culliver have?

Sherman has only played in 5 games this season. I don't even know how many snaps he has really seen.

squicken said:
I thought that any possible public money was contingent on it being retractable roofed or doomed?
I read something awhile ago about him wanting it outside "like Lambeau" or "like Green Bay had" which is ironic because I think Rodgers would take a dome in a second if he could.

bluemax said:
Eh well, Culliver was a third rounder and Sherman was a fifth. Sherman has two years of playing DB. How many does Culliver have?

Sherman has only played in 5 games this season. I don't even know how many snaps he has really seen.

culliver saw his first action in the philly game. he has been our nickle cb since then because of injuries to brock and spencer.

culliver had a pick against the bucs (i know he shouldn't be proud of picking off an obese qb who already has double digit picks thrown this year but still...) and played about as good as you could expect a 3rd round rookie to play against calvin johnson. he should've had another pick this weekend against the browns

culliver had a 3rd round grade as a FS, a 6th round grade as a CB. our coaching staff seems to know how to evaluate good talent and move them accordingly. our starting FB is a 6th round DE and he has played pretty well

also, aldon smith is NFL defensive rookie of the month! he has at least 1 sack in 5 straight games

jref saw your post on webzone and had to put it here.... lulz

Glass 3/4 full view of the remaining schedule

Cowboys: Romo is a gambling (Farvesque without the greatness) QB who will take chances, make mistakes and is prone to choking. If our run D can clamp down Romo will try to force the issue and this will create turnovers. We can win this game.

Baltimore: Without Rice doing his thing, Flacco is a wreck. If we can contain Rice (screen passes will be the worst of it) and get some pressure on Flacco he is likely to fold and play badly. The issue is going to be scoring enough points to beat them offensively as their D is very good. This game will be at home, so maybe we get some hometown magic.

Rams (Home and Away): Wins, nuff said.

Washington: Rookie QB, Qwest (aka Centurylink) Field. Win.

Eagles: We're at home and Vick has shown some weakness. The dream team seems to be gelling and even at 3/4 full this is a hard win to imagine. Things will have to swing our way on top of some heavy homeristic optimism to win this game.

Chicago: In their house, but if we can take away Forte and pressure Cutler, he will whine like a little girl and throw INTs and then go pout on the sideline. We can win again, just like last year.

San Fran: Playing them at home, we all saw the first game and know we can beat them. Smith isn't going to beat us and when Gore has a bad game, the 9ers either eek out a win or they have lost. We can beat this team, especially at home.

Arizona: (See Rams).

So the 3/4 full view (ok, maybe 5/6ths full) gives us a fighting chance at finishing out 8-1 for a final record of 10-6...and potentially missing the playoffs anyway

bluemax is this you from the seahawks.net message board!?

Fantasy Football question:

Ben Roethlisberger vs. Baltimore
Carson Palmer vs. Denver

So torn. With no DMC you'd think OAK leans heavily vs the pass, plus Denver is a joke. However Ben is going to pass 40+ times and you'd think he wants revenge. also our league penalizes QBs for sacks.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jref saw your post on webzone and had to put it here.... lulz

bluemax is this you from the seahawks.net message board!?
Rookie QB? Just because you don't know him doesn't mean he's a rookie. lol @ the game plans: "take away their best weapon and..."

Slo

Gonaria said:
Concerning the Vikings stadium, I honestly don't know if its going to get done, but I know if it gets done, building it in Arden Hills is a stupid idea. I know why Ziggy wants it there. He will make a shit ton of money off of it, but the public really wont benefit all that much due to the lack of hospitality businesses around there and lack of transportation.

I really like the idea of building it on the Farmer's Market site since it is right next to Target Field and the Target center, very close to the existing light rail and will be on a future planned light rail path. Its also on a major bike path. I think that area would make a lot of sense since you would basically create an sports and entertainment hub thanks to the three stadiums, first ave, and all of the surrounding bars. Plus, the area around the farmers market definitely could use some investment

http://www.ballparkmagic.com/_resources/FarmersMarket.pdf

good site showing the benefits of it.

The most important thing about a new stadium to me is a giant ass parking lot where everybody can park their cars and tailgate like it's a god damned shanty town outside of the Daytona 500 every weekend. There must be a Lambeau style party around the stadium. There must be dudes BBQing entire pigs in portable smokers. There must be fat guys doing keg stands. There must be drunk white people trying to dance to hip hop music from giant ass speakers. Fuck public transit. Motherfuckers can't carry in a pig carcass and a smoker on the bus.

VALIS

Was curious to see what some of the more prominent Jets off-season cuts have been up to...

Braylon Edwards - Bust/injured (8 rec. for 90 yds.)
Shawn Ellis - Bust (7 tackles, no sacks, worst defense in the league)
Jerricho Cotchery - Bust (1 rec for 10 yds.)
Brad Smith - Borderline bust (19 carries for 84 yds, 5 rec. for 44 yds.)
David Clowney - Bust (6 rec. for 102 yds.)

I thought getting rid of all of these guys except Clowney was a mistake. Doesn't seem that way so far.

Doomsayer

Brad Smith is not even close to a bust, he was never featured in the Jets offense anyway. He is being used the same way he always has and doing it quite well. I have no doubt Gailey will draw up some nice plays for him in the future.

Braylon has played 3 games, and really only 2 because he was injured on the first play against Dallas (which he caught a 21 yard pass). Braylon will be a huge producer for us soon.

The other 3 I will give you though, though with Ellis I feel the scheme is holding him back. As for Cotchery, its hard to get on the field with so much young talent at WR for Pitt.

VALIS

Doomsayer said:
Brad Smith is not even close to a bust, he was never featured in the Jets offense anyway. He is being used the same way he always has and doing it quite well. I have no doubt Gailey will draw up some nice plays for him in the future.

That's why I said borderline. He doesn't seem to have been awful, but those are very pedestrian numbers, especially when you consider he's only got 5 KRs for a 25 yd. average and no TDs. I don't think this is what the Bills signed up for so far.

VALIS said:
Was curious to see what some of the more prominent Jets off-season cuts have been up to...

I thought getting rid of all of these guys except Clowney was a mistake. Doesn't seem that way so far.

You forgot James Ihedigbo who now plays for the Patriots, but when I see him play I understand why you forgot about him.

Doomsayer

VALIS said:
That's why I said borderline. He doesn't seem to have been awful, but those are very pedestrian numbers, especially when you consider he's only got 5 KRs for a 25 yd. average and no TDs. I don't think this is what the Bills signed up for so far.

No doubt, but like I said he isn't really featured. You can only produce when given the opportunity to do so.

VALIS said:

This is a bit much.

I can't speak for everyone on this list, but Cotchery was mainly signed for depth and has only gotten on the field the last two weeks because Hines was injured.

VALIS

DeaconKnowledge said:
This is a bit much.

I can't speak for everyone on this list, but Cotchery was mainly signed for depth and has only gotten on the field the last two weeks because Hines was injured.

Cotchery wanted off the Jets because he was tired of being a depth 3rd wide receiver and ended up buried even further down on the Steelers chart. Something something irony.

I like all these guys, wish the Jets kept most of 'em so I'm not trying to bag on 'em, but looking them up I was a little surprised. For what looked like fairly major pieces of a back-to-back AFC title game roster being cut loose, they haven't exactly caught fire anywhere else yet.

VALIS said:
Cotchery wanted off the Jets because he was tired of being a depth 3rd wide receiver and ended up buried even further down on the Steelers chart. Something something irony.

I like all these guys, wish the Jets kept most of 'em so I'm not trying to bag on 'em, but looking them up I was a little surprised. For what looked like fairly major pieces of a back-to-back AFC title game roster being cut loose, they haven't exactly caught fire anywhere else yet.
Not caught fire /= "bust".

In other news:

Ravens' Lardarius Webb says Antonio Brown better than Mike Wallace, Steelers better team with Ward gone.

Milchjon

nfl.com said:
The 49ers coach was asked Wednesday what he thought about a play made by linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who forced a fumble with a sack of Browns quarterback Colt McCoy despite losing his helmet prior to impact.

San Francisco recovered the fumble and subsequently drove in for a touchdown during Sunday's 20-10 victory. Brooks gained a bloodied lip -- and the respect of his coach -- for his effort.

"Loved it, loved it," Harbaugh said Wednesday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle (via Shutdown Corner). "Wish he could have come and wiped some of (the blood) on my cheek."

We're telling you, Harbaugh loved this play. He also said he had a photo of the play blown up and hung in the 49ers' meeting room.

FMT, I can see why you like the guy.

bionic77

Fuck that Ravens player for agreeing with me that Hines is slowing us down!

He can't talk about our players that way!

squicken

I don't get the chatter over why the Colts are keeping Peyton on the active roster. It's all perception management to make people think they aren't tanking. This Luck stuff will escalate exponentially as we get later on in the year. I think it may dwarf playoff talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom