• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
But then he just threw his seed right into the bird's mouth and they ran the seed back to the other end of the park for a touchdown.

I found this unexpectedly hilarious for some reason. Haha

Talon

Meh, people talk about Koetter and Smith getting conservative, but it was a function of field position. Credit to Colquitt (and demerits to Franks), we started within our 10 in three of the last couple drives.

Defense played over their heads tonight. Offense played subpar - starting with Julio's drop in the end zone, Tony's drop on first at midfield and such. Matt played well, though. Made much better throws in motion. The two big throws in my mind were the scramble right with a strike for 18 or so yards to Roddy, and the throw to the Roddy from the end zone on 3rd down when he got hit.

Tony recovered though and made some absurd catches with his mitts. Roddy reminded people that there are two big receivers on this squad.

MechDX

better hope Peyton has forgotten what jersey Kareem wears, b/c that's pretty much what good QBs do to that defense. Find 25

Kareem has not been playing bad but you dont actually watch the games so you dont know right? I just dont see this dominance of Manning anymore over the Texans. Everyone seems to forget Peyton never played this defense. 3-4's have always given him fits in the past and he played those historically bad defenses we always had.

Like the Steelers game last year, this game and the Ravens game are the two the team has been looking forward to. Need to beat Manning handily and finally get over the Ravens hump. The games that define you as a team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
better hope Peyton has forgotten what jersey Kareem wears, b/c that's pretty much what good QBs do to that defense. Find 25

Texans need to clone Watt so no QB can even get a pass off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Staley, Anthony Davis: Lions d-line extremely overrated:

"They didn't want any part of us up front," Staley said, according to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. "Look at the game. We killed them. Every single pressure they got was cheap. It was on a keep or something like that.

"They weren't beating us one on one. We ran for about 200 yards (148 yards) on the so-called best D-line in all of football."

Staley later went on to say: "I've never been impressed by the Detroit Lions' defensive line."

"Up front, they like to pride themselves on being cheap after the play," Staley said. "They think they're physical because they do that."

Before the game, other than the handshake drama between coaches Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh, the running feud between the two teams was between Avril and 49ers offensive tackle Anthony Davis.

Davis had plenty to say after the game, too (including about how Avril apparently tried to rip his helmet off).

"They think highly of themselves," he said. "I heard they said they were the best D-line in the league or something. I feel that's disrespectful to other good defensive lines."

Narag

NYG @ CAR
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN
ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN
NE @ BAL
GB @ SEA

Fox318

7W8AN.jpg
U64BQ.jpg
lN7AB.jpg
rvVJ3.jpg
jJkgf.jpg
0LtIN.jpg
lsjVN.jpg
7TPcW.jpg

squicken

Kareem has not been playing bad but you dont actually watch the games so you dont know right? I just dont see this dominance of Manning anymore over the Texans. Everyone seems to forget Peyton never played this defense. 3-4's have always given him fits in the past and he played those historically bad defenses we always had.

Oh you. I even made a joke about Kareem shutting down Blackmon. And I always watch the games to see JJ :swoon

But really, Brees last year and even in preseason just wore out Kareem. DEN doesn't have the speed to do that and I think HOU should win. but you never know. He's just so thoroughly dominated them, he's coming off a bad game, and HOU is the team that turned him down. All the non-football stuff trends against you guys

Talon

I have to say, I'm surprised by how effective that amoeba d was against Peyton. Took them to the second half to realize that they had wide open lanes with our defenders back pedaling from two point stances.

Godslay

Banned

Like the Steelers game last year, this game and the Ravens game are the two the team has been looking forward to. Need to beat Manning handily and finally get over the Ravens hump. The games that define you as a team.

I don't understand the hard on for beating the Broncos. Things are still in flux in Denver. Beating them doesn't prove much at this point.

I understand it's Manning, but he's not in your division anymore, so the games don't mean as much. Plus Manning isn't 100%.

Great OP. Makes me feel not as bad after this weekend.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE - Trent gonna knock some heads off
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO - Saints are bad, but Chiefs are even worse
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI - Bears should bounce back
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI - Fuck the Cardinals, but they'll probably keep it going while everyone wonders why
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN - Texans gonna wreak havoc on Peypey

NE @ BAL - This one's gonna be tough, with the offense the way it is. Can see us losing this and then able to get refocused

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA - Not sure about this one

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't understand the hard on for beating the Broncos. Things are still in flux in Denver. Beating them doesn't prove much at this point.

I understand it's Manning, but he's not in your division anymore, so the games don't mean as much. Plus Manning isn't 100%.

Good chance Manning may never be 100% again.

MechDX

You were not here for the 18 straight beatdowns he served this team. The ones who have been here remember this. Never forget the people last year "Only won the division because Payton wasnt there". This is a young team that is starting to get an identity and wants to make statements.

Oh well we are fucked now: Fox picked us. :(

cajunator

Banned
Great OP. Makes me feel not as bad after this weekend.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE - Trent gonna knock some heads off
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO - Saints are bad, but Chiefs are even worse
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI - Bears should bounce back
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI - Fuck the Cardinals, but they'll probably keep it going while everyone wonders why
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN - Texans gonna wreak havoc on Peypey

NE @ BAL - This one's gonna be tough, with the offense the way it is. Can see us losing this and then able to get refocused

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

I dunno man. Without Payton the Saints might not win a game. Maybe under Vitt.

squicken

I don't think you understand. He was in the same division as HOU for 10 years and HOU could never beat him on the road. Overall it was like 18-2 or something. He may be 900 years old and have a broken neck but they still want that win

Madtown_

Awesome OP.

The wait for the next Packers game is too long.

In other news, good to see Goodell winning against the Vilma/Saints fans. Fuck the Saints.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Its not a hard on for beating "the broncos" I think us Texans fan just want to finally beat Manning on the road and with our D now and him not even being the same Manning... no excuses. It would just be another typical Texans disappointment. I would love to finally see them start off as 3-0. They have never done that.

"Only won the division because Payton wasnt there"

People still think this lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My wife died of laughter reading the OP, also linked it to all of my Packer fan friends.

Not sure if this can be topped!

Its not a hard on for beating "the broncos" I think us Texans fan just want to finally beat Manning on the road and with our D now and him not even being the same Manning... no excuses. It would just be another typical Texans disappointment. I would love to finally see them start off as 3-0. They have never done that.

"Only won the division because Payton wasnt there"

People still think this lol

people still think it because it's true. not to say the texans weren't a good team last year but come on, manning would have easily pulled out 10 wins last year and one of them would have been against the texans. not sure why you would want to argue this but it doesn't matter because manning got hurt and the texans won the division. accept it!

I dunno man. Without Payton the Saints might not win a game. Maybe under Vitt.

that's so pathetic. Even without the HC they shouldn't be this bad. Brees has no excuse, IMO. He's a senior vet who knows the offense and you can't tell me that Payton would magically stop him from throwing those dumb picks. Also how does offensive minded Payton fix the defense. Last I checked their defensive coordinator wasn't suspended. The Saints just have an easy excuse and they're using it.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR-I'll be at this game (SO HYPED). I think the Giants are the better team, but they're not the most consistent team in the bunch and we can pick a game off of them at home.

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL-When will the Bucs take the next step? TBA
JAC @ IND-Jags have bad Luck
BUF @ CLE-The 40 year old virgin vs the Harvard man. Most unusual QB matchup ever.
NYJ @ MIA-It's a hard knock life for the rookie Tannehill
KC @ NO-Statpadder gets back to his ways in the Superdome.
CIN @ WAS-#RG34HOF
STL @ CHI-Da Bears are who we thought they were. And that's enough to beat Cap'n Checkdown.
SF @ MIN-49ers are going 19-0.
DET @ TEN-As long as the Lions have Megatron, they'll be a threat.

ATL @ SD-Even though the Chargers are looking keen to win the AFCW, and I fucking hate the Falcons with all my heart, soul, and mind, I have to pick the Birds to win this one.
PHI @ ARI-Kolb>Vick (AKA yankeehater's vindication)
PIT @ OAK-Big Ben will sodomize the Raiders in their black hole.
HOU @ DEN-I hate to say it. But what the fuck happened to Peyton? It's like his arm fell off, literally.

For now, the Manning family hierarchy:

Cooper > Eli > Archie > Eli's big foreheaded daughter > Olivia > Peyton

NE @ BAL-Too close to call. In this case, go with the team that pisses you off the least.

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA- DemiGodgers and the Packers get exposed. Beast Mode runs for 200 yards and three scores. Russell Wilson continues to be the best QB that's played in the state of Wisconsin in the past fifteen years.

lolno

squicken

people still think it because it's true. not to say the texans weren't a good team last year but come on, manning would have easily pulled out 10 wins last year and one of them would have been against the texans. not sure why you would want to argue this but it doesn't matter because manning got hurt and the texans won the division. accept it!

Especially since IND didn't even need Peyton. Orlovsky beat them last year in Indy

Godslay

Banned
I don't think you understand. He was in the same division as HOU for 10 years and HOU could never beat him on the road. Overall it was like 18-2 or something. He may be 900 years old and have a broken neck but they still want that win

Good, I hope you guys get your moral victory on the carcass of Manning. Because even if you win, people will still argue that the Texans couldn't do it when Manning was in his prime. One game won't change that history.

Spinluck

I think Texans lose next week if Broncos defend the running game well. Besides, HOU fans should be used to disappointmet lol, they've been favorites outta the AFC South for yrs and have yet to do shit. They either lose in the PO's or they don't make it at all.

cajunator

Banned
that's so pathetic. Even without the HC they shouldn't be this bad. Brees has no excuse, IMO. He's a senior vet who knows the offense and you can't tell me that Payton would magically stop him from throwing those dumb picks. Also how does offensive minded Payton fix the defense. Last I checked their defensive coordinator wasn't suspended. The Saints just have an easy excuse and they're using it.

Coaching is a highly important part of it.
Payton had his mark on absolutely everything. The way he talked to players. the way he inspired guys who needed it. the adjustments at the half. The meetings and the way he coached practices. Its a lot of little details that make a big difference. Of course his offensive wizardry. there is a massive hole right now without him here. Kromer is just too inexperienced. He doesnt really understand the intricacies of the team and how to manage it. Joe Vitt was always joined at the hip with Payton so I see them having some success with him.

Matrix

God damn the hate is strong for the Texans on GAF now that they're good... it's fucking hilarious.

Years of them sucking, being a joke etc etc and now it's just straight up shitting on them.

I <3 it!

FMT you keep leading that charge!

squicken

Good, I hope you guys get your moral victory on the carcass of Manning. Because even if you win, people will still argue that the Texans couldn't do it when Manning was in his prime. One game won't change that history.

I'm not about that anymore. I'm just trying to give you the story. I fully expect Peyton to win.

MechDX

No, but like Dre beating the shit out of Innegan it sure would feel good. Hey dont forget the Kubiak card: "Golly jeez guys it surrrrrrreee would be nice to get me above .500 in the city I played and coached most of my career in."

Broncos looked better during the second half. First half was just abysmal due to those ints and the fumble. Lost a couple easy interceptions which our defenders couldn't hold onto. Hopefully we can clean it up before the game against the Texans.

What we saw today was that this team isn't ready yet. I think a few games into the season we'll start clicking better but right now we're going to go through some bumps.

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

Ultratech

Masterful OP. Had me in tears of laughter.

Anywho, picks:

NYG @ CAR
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN
ATL @ SD