• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf? scream 4 isn't even on the same planet as CITW
Different strokes.

I just can't buy into all of
their tricks, pheromones, hidden switches and levers working right on cue
. After awhile it becomes tiresome.
Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford were the best part about it but
then they die like bitches?
Nah, whitey don't play that.

Precisely why I like it.
Fair enough. I like Joss.

I just felt like "ok, I get it, let's get going".
First half is too slow, second half is too abrupt.

Well made, just not my cup of juice.

This Revolution show is kind of ok.

The pilot was passable. The big issue is that everyone looks like they're wearing well-pressed clothes and having showers with Head & Shoulders every day, despite there not being toilet paper.

No electricity for 15 years and somehow no one appears dirty and their clothes are spotless. It was distracting.

Different strokes.

I just can't buy into all of
their tricks, pheromones, hidden switches and levers working right on cue
. After awhile it becomes tiresome.
Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford were the best part about it but
then they die like bitches?
Nah, whitey don't play that.

Fair enough. I like Joss.

I just felt like "ok, I get it, let's get going".
First half is too slow, second half is too abrupt.

Well made, just not my cup of juice.

remember i said if alex crushed the packers with his hands of doom you would have to admit that cabin was better? well...

The pilot was passable. The big issue is that everyone looks like they're wearing well-pressed clothes and having showers with Head & Shoulders every day, despite there not being toilet paper.

No electricity for 15 years and somehow no one appears dirty and their clothes are spotless. It was distracting.

Yeah I guess so but that didnt really bother me.

remember i said if alex crushed the packers with his hands of doom you would have to admit that cabin was better? well...

I'm more partial to Dale And Tucker Vs. Evil than I am Cabin In The Woods.
qw0At.png

Alexis' hands are too small to contain the truth.

Novid

Banned
You know where to go for all the cray-cray.

Power Rankings:

Niners, ranked first. No question about the X and O's. They need a homerun hitter at Special Teams. They gonna be here for a good long while. The Texans got a photoshoot with Miss Tessmacher, and just like her body - the team looks flawless. I have them at 2 and some might put them 3 but thats more of a King Quibble. I put the Packers at 3 and the Falcons at 4. Manning had a bad night. Packers feasted on Cutler. Keeping the Eagles at 15 is the best i can do now. They need to win by double digits and not turn the ball over more than 3 times. Ravens go down a bit. Steelers go up some. The rest that won this week go up 2 and those that lost go down two.

As for Picks:

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL Dont like this game at for Dallas.
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO Cajin team got to win one...right?
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN The Vikebike loses its spokes.
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI - Edge to Arizona. Hate to pick this game because Arizona's D stopped Lord Brady. But he was without the patented MetLife "Linus" Security Blanket named Welker around. Vick is gonna have his work cut out for him.
PIT @ OAK Used to be the greatest rivraly in the history of the sport outside of the Redskins/Cowboys. Can be again once OAK goes back to LA.
HOU @ DEN Consider this an upset.

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

And now, a final word on Sabol's passing.

Sabol was a part of the greatest family of TV and film legends ever assembled. They all came from a seaport town. Facenda was the man, via his Big News Team, created what later Walter Cronkite would make his own. Facenda and Sabol were a part of a legacy of greatness that extended to the parts they touched, whether it was the sports casters named Jack Whitaker - who all of the sports anchors of today stand at awe at one of the last living gasps of the era; To Frank Tarkanian, who worked behind the studio - and became one of CBS Sports mainstays via his Golf and Tennis coverage. The connection between that CBS (now NBC) Affiliate and NFL Films and to the NFL Itself can never be understated or forgotten. It is this connection, so broken once CBS lost that old NFC contract - that set the stage for the lost decade.

But not all was lost. Because of Sabol. Sabol was a true pioneer, where Baseball was larger than life because of its saving grace, the announcers that calmed a nation at a time when the Nation needed to be calm and steadfast. But Sabol showcased, with Facenda's voice - his godly voice - the land. The land of ancient kings, demon pirates, mystical snows, and muddy zones of war only matched by J.R.R Tokiens's masterpieces. This is the saga of the Philadelphian TV mythos, the mythos that created the back bone of not only the NFL, but all of TV Sport. It is through those eyes - the kid from Morristown - that man from Burlington County, that dude that every Sunday before I go to Mass - told me who were these men that play three hours. for those 30 mins, those men were animated in a way no other live action series have ever been shown.

That is the man. The man of The Autumn Wind.

Rest in Peace - Steve Sabol.

This has been -

Helvetica Standard

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
And now, a final word on Sabol's passing.

Sabol was a part of the greatest family of TV and film legends ever assembled. They all came from a seaport town. Facenda was the man, via his Big News Team, created what later Walter Cronkite would make his own. Facenda and Sabol were a part of a legacy of greatness that extended to the parts they touched, whether it was the sports casters named Jack Whitaker - who all of the sports anchors of today stand at awe at one of the last living gasps of the era; To Frank Tarkanian, who worked behind the studio - and became one of CBS Sports mainstays via his Golf and Tennis coverage. The connection between that CBS (now NBC) Affiliate and NFL Films and to the NFL Itself can never be understated or forgotten. It is this connection, so broken once CBS lost that old NFC contract - that set the stage for the lost decade.

But not all was lost. Because of Sabol. Sabol was a true pioneer, where Baseball was larger than life because of its saving grace, the announcers that calmed a nation at a time when the Nation needed to be calm and steadfast. But Sabol showcased, with Facenda's voice - his godly voice - the land. The land of ancient kings, demon pirates, mystical snows, and muddy zones of war only matched by J.R.R Tokiens's masterpieces. This is the saga of the Philadelphian TV mythos, the mythos that created the back bone of not only the NFL, but all of TV Sport. It is through those eyes - the kid from Morristown - that man from Burlington County, that dude that every Sunday before I go to Mass - told me who were these men that play three hours. for those 30 mins, those men were animated in a way no other live action series have ever been shown.

That is the man. The man of The Autumn Wind.

Rest in Peace - Steve Sabol.
Well written. It's appreciated.

ari

Banned
I think the packers will lose against the seahawks. JayJay and the bears always suck against the packs, so that is not a measuring spoon by any means.

I also think the vikings will put up a fight against the niners too. Ponder completes 70% of his passes. I hope he plays decently and manage the ball.

the cards stadium is the best stadium ive ever been to. not only the best stadium, but just the best area. you have a bunch of hotels within walking distance of the stadium and then you have quite a few bars right there by the stadium. i've been so bummed in the past 2 years that i haven't been able to go to the niners games in AZ. the year before last we were on mnf and then last year it was late in the season and i was out of town that weekend for something else :(
I was going to say we should catch the game together but it's MNF again this year as you know. Indeed, an absolutely fantastic stadium and the start of Michael's promise to turn the team around from the shit management his father provided.
I cant see how the Cards can win period. Even if the Eagles are sloppy with the ball they are taking it away as much as they give it away. I guess if they just run the ball all game but eventually they will have to pass and Kolb will be running for his life.

Oh you. Can't wait till the Cards destroy the Eagles and then it's smooth sailing the rest of the way to 7-0 before we play the Niners. I'll be there to watch us eat Vick alive in person :) He'll be lucky to make it through the game. Prepare for many sacks and the turnovers that come with it :D

the cards stadium is the best stadium ive ever been to. not only the best stadium, but just the best area. you have a bunch of hotels within walking distance of the stadium and then you have quite a few bars right there by the stadium. i've been so bummed in the past 2 years that i haven't been able to go to the niners games in AZ. the year before last we were on mnf and then last year it was late in the season and i was out of town that weekend for something else :(
Never been to Lambeau?

eznark

Banned

Yeah, it's a cool set up. Too bad the whole thing has bankrupted the city!

bionic77

I'm getting so excited for Dolphins/Jets on Sunday. We should learn a lot about both teams from that game.
I want the Dolphins to beat the Jets so badly that Rex gets pressured to put in Tebow. Fuck the Broncos for taking that away from us. I have no bad feelings towards Peyton but I can't forgive Elway for taking our Lord and Savior away from us on Sundays.

squicken

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1061161654

We thought everything would fall into place, and the offense would purr like it did when McDaniels was last in town running the show. We thought the wonder boy would dial up his connection with Tom Brady [stats], then draw up some creative plays, and off they’d go, punishing defenses like old times.

Only we haven’t seen too much in the way of innovation or running up the score. Instead, we’ve seen a lack of flow, a lack of Wes Welker, and a lack of consistent protection for Brady, the player they can least afford to lose.

We’ve also seen Deion Branch dumped essentially for Greg Salas, then nearly three weeks later, Salas dumped for Branch. McDaniels, of course, coached Salas in St. Louis. He also coached tight end Michael Hoomanawanui when he was with the Rams, and thus far, the H-Man has looked overmatched as a blocker.

We’ve seen a roster full of fullbacks, then no fullbacks, then offensive lineman pretending to be fullbacks. And getting hurt when they pretend to be fullbacks.

*laughs knowingly*

It's my birthday today so I'm going to need the Giants to deliver a win as my present because, well, fuck the Panthers!

ib1xbKXwCEhfJa.jpg

happy birthday

Greg

Went to bed at 4, and my neighbor decided today would be a good day to get 3 trees cut down and thrown into a chipper.

It's my birthday today so I'm going to need the Giants to deliver a win as my present because, well, fuck the Panthers!
happy birthday man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom