• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

Pepiope

If the cheat traded an aging highly paid RB for a young lb everyone would be sucking his dick and saying what a great move it was.
The issue isn't what he traded. Everyone forgets that trade if Chip found a viable replacement. He never replaced the talent he got rid of. And now he's gone. The rest of the NFC East was ecstatic to hear about Maclin, Jackson, and McCoy getting the boot from Philly.

Chip still can't deal with egos. I wanted him to work out here just as much as you did, but he failed.

Should have kept Chip. Even if it was just to prove that ownership won't just fire coaches on a whim.

I don't blame McDaniels, Shanahan or Cable if they don't take the job. There's no guarantee that you'll get more than a year. Why ruin your career with such impatient ownership?
Chip must have been burnt out by the end of the season, Chip for most of the season schemed with all his might to try to make Kap look viable as a QB and Kap was as good as he's ever going to get never progressing past his first read on every play, the problem is by the half Chip has nothing left in his bag of tricks, Chip needs a change, Kap needs to go, the niners needs to clean house and start fresh. They can't keep people around for optics, the niners needs to get back to a pass-oriented offense instead of gimmicky pistol duel-threat QB bullshit.

Considering that he's significantly worse than Rex Ryan, I'm not sure.

Has he ever had a defense do better than .500 yet?

Rob? Since coming back to the league, points per game:

DC Raiders
2004: 31st in the league (5-11)
2005: 25th (4-12)
2006: 18th (2-14)
2007: 26th (4-12)
2008: 24th (5-11)

DC Browns
2009: 21st (5-11)
2010: 13th (5-11)

DC Cowboys
2011: 16th (8-8)
2012: 24th (8-8)

DC Rams
Quit within 5 days

DC Saints
2013: 4th (11-5)
2014: 28th (7-9)
2015: 32nd (7-9)

DC Bills
2016: 17 (7-9)

Top 10 defense once, bottom 2 twice

So yeah, once, with Brees

The issue isn't what he traded. Everyone forgets that trade if Chip found a viable replacement. He never replaced the talent he got rid of. And now he's gone. The rest of the NFC East was ecstatic to hear about Maclin, Jackson, and McCoy getting the boot from Philly.

Chip still can't deal with egos. I wanted him to work out here just as much as you did, but he failed.
Yeah I sure the rest of the division was losing sleep worried about guys that never won anything together. People got excited because those were all flashy guys but they went good together for what ever reason and it clearly wasn't working out. Better to try something different then keep doing what isn't working.

Pepiope

Yeah I sure the rest of the division was losing sleep worried about guys that never won anything together. People got excited because those were all flashy guys but they went good together for what ever reason and it clearly wasn't working out. Better to try something different then keep doing what isn't working.
And he tried something new every single year, and the team got worse every single year.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I sure as hell don't want to see Brady win another Owl, so that's out

Ben's a rapist and rapists shouldn't get rewarded with titles

Green Bay's fans are Seattle-level annoyning, so nah to that

....which means I have to root for the Falcons.

star-wars-easter-egg-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-s-rocket-raccoon-marvel-322999.gif

To all of you Browns fans rooting for the Pats... your trespasses will not be forgotten. Just ask wienke.
To my knowledge it's only one..

And that's me..

And I'm not sorry for it.. and Wienke would love to be remember just for that rather than his body pillow fetish

Ya'll need to get ya boi Floi under control.
I'm in complete control

Every time the Browns are eliminated from playoff contention (everytime the schedule is released) the first thing out of Browns-GAF's collective mouth is "Go Asterisks".
Fixed

And I said it last year.. if it came down to Pitt vs New England in the AFC Championship.. I cheer for the Patriots.

Is Terrell Suggs your dad?
Let me check my shoes and I'll let you know.

Floy! You got Netflix?

Watch Series of Unfortunate Events
I read the books.. and I know nothing about the series. Is NPH Count Olaf or something?

Scooter deserves this

Please be Shanahan.
It's going to be Cable.. you know it is. Shanahan isn't stupid.

I'm confused because they should be on team NFC as well as team Meteor for the AFC.

Like they still have choices between the Falcons and Packers.

For fuck's sake Browns fans, have some dignity before you have to make a choice that will scar you for life!
1) Cheering for Team Meteor is the equivalent of voting third party or having sauerkraut on New Year's Day because it's supposed to be good luck.. it doesn't do anything and it's just supposed to make you feel better. I have two choices in front of me and I'm picking for the one that makes me unhappy the least..

2) I really on Team NFC and I'm not picking either of them because since apparently I'm cursed.. (you want me to cheer for Green Bay openly Wienke? Hmm? Cause I'll do it because I actually want them to win because I don't want RBH to be happy)

3) considering how the last year went with uncertainty and long shots.. I'm covering my bases to ensure I stay sane. Also if I cheer for the Pats and they lose that means I can take credit for them losing with this "curse" shit..

I win either way.

bionic77

Packers are doing it :*)
Your team is garbage and is not doing shit.

Everything is due to Rodgers being the best qb of all time. He is carrying the rest of the scrubs on his back.

Rodgers is the Switch and the Packers are the gaming industry.

Also Darkest Red is the best. My boy has the finest tastes!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Your team is garbage and is not doing shit.

Everything is due to Rodgers being the best qb of all time. He is carrying the rest of the scrubs on his back.

Rodgers is the Switch and the Packers are the gaming industry.

Also Darkest Red is the best. My boy has the finest tastes!

bionic you should know better than anyone that shit teams win Super Bowls

The problem is that I can't decide who is shittier - Pittsburgh or Green Bay? We might find out in a rematch!

bionic77

bionic you should know better than anyone that shit teams win Super Bowls

The problem is that I can't decide who is shittier - Pittsburgh or Green Bay? We might find out in a rematch!
The Steelers are actually a pretty talented team on paper. We just rarely put it together this season. We have all the ingredient. One of the best in the game WR AB. The best RB in the game, Bell. A beastly offensive line. A sometime great qb but definitely no fucking Bork. A defensive line that can generate pressure. Linebackers who can kill people. And a secondary that is not the worst of all time. Add that all together and you should have a really great team, we just never put it all together.

The Packers don't have shit. Your receivers are dead. Your secondary is dead. Your line is eh. Your coach is fat. I will give you your kicker. So you have a kicker and the best qb of all time. That is a shit team being carried by the best ever. Can he keep it up? If he does then that settles the debate for who the best football player of all time is. We have never and may never seen again a pro football single handedly carry a team on his back. We have seen guys win it for the other teams entirely by themselves (Brock is the most recent example), but we ain't ever seen this.

And I never said shit teams can't win it all! I just wanted to make it clear that your team is garbage. I am not saying anything inflammatory or provocative.

I worry for TDR's health if the pats win another title
Anyone who is happy for team Trump winning is a certified asshole.

Fuck the Pats.

We still coming!

Bread

Banned
if the steelers win who will be happy? the people who voted for trump and turned pennsylvania red

don't root for the pittsburgh trumps!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Switch is shit

Rodgers is when you get an NES game and are allowed to keep it for more than a month

Rodgers is when you get an amazing cheeseburger but you're never really sure if they spit in it because the guy in the back hates you. Most of the time it's amazing but once in a while you get a big bite of loogie.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Prepare yourselves for Sunday Night Playoffs.

NBC Sports PR ‏@NBCSportsPR 2h2 hours ago

NBC’s 21.9/34 for @Steelers-@Chiefs is best-ever primetime overnight for NFL Wild Card or Divisional Playoff (first-ever on a Sun. night)

Greg

Rodgers is when you get an amazing cheeseburger but you're never really sure if they spit in it because the guy in the back hates you. Most of the time it's amazing but once in a while you get a big bite of loogie.
please, let's keep the focus on the switch being shit

NBC's 21.9/34 for @Steelers-@Chiefs is best-ever primetime overnight for NFL Wild Card or Divisional Playoff (first-ever on a Sun. night)

As the election showed, Americans love small hands and sexual assault.

Line_HTX

NBC’s 21.9/34 for @Steelers-@Chiefs is best-ever primetime overnight for NFL Wild Card or Divisional Playoff (first-ever on a Sun. night)

I guess that means that next year's Wild Card and Divisional Sunday will have night games.

Tom Nook

Watched it hoping for Alex Smith to win.

dionysus

Yaldog
Looking at the matchups, I find it hard to imagine GB beating Atlanta. The way Atlanta spreads the ball around vs. the decimated GB secondary is a too huge a hurdle to overcome. Godgers needs to have the most Godgers game yet to keep up with Atlanta's offense and avoid Beasley.

bionic77

if the steelers win who will be happy? the people who voted for trump and turned pennsylvania red

don't root for the pittsburgh trumps!
Bread please stop.

This is lame at this point.

The official team of the Trumps is the Patriots. Put on your big boy glasses. The Steelers head coach is a minority and the Rooneys are the biggest fans of Obama. You can rightfully shit on PA for voting for Trump (disgusting and embarrassing) but your team is so closely associated with Trump that they as well be part of his cabinet. Fuck you and fuck your team. Stop even trying to pretend that they are not the most evil team in all of sports. No one is listening nor gives a shit.

You need to stop with the lies and Greg needs to stops with the dumb.

Greg I don't know who told you that you are not allowed to be happy. But they were (probably) wrong. You are allowed to get a Switch and be happy like the rest of the JoyConBoyz. If that life is not for you then PM Bread. He can hook you up with a Scorpio and klan robes.

Bread

Banned
Bread please stop.

This is lame at this point.

The official team of the Trumps is the Patriots. Put on your big boy glasses. The Steelers head coach is a minority and the Rooneys are the biggest fans of Obama. You can rightfully shit on PA for voting for Trump (disgusting and embarrassing) but your team is so closely associated with Trump that they as well be part of his cabinet. Fuck you and fuck your team. Stop even trying to pretend that they are not the most evil team in all of sports. No one is listening nor gives a shit.

You need to stop with the lies and Greg needs to stops with the dumb.

Greg I don't know who told you that you are not allowed to be happy. But they were (probably) wrong. You are allowed to get a Switch and be happy like the rest of the JoyConBoyz. If that life is not for you then PM Bread. He can hook you up with a Scorpio and klan robes.
Official team of Trump voters

Honestly just move the divisional to 4 and 8 on Sat and Sun.

Top Bottom