• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Hindl

Star Trek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

giphy.gif

Second

I dunno breh, referring to a black person like they're livestock is pretty far down the rabbit hole.

I refer to all people that act in ways that are degenerate as animals. I guess I can keep it up for whites, asians, latinos, and natives at least.

I particularly like to use it to describe ISIS.

#StandWithSherman

Bruh.

I guess I'm just of the opinion that one isolated incident of using a single word that isn't an overtly racist word isn't immediate evidence of racism. I just prefer to have more evidence than a single incident. On the flip side, I probably shouldn't so casually dismiss the possibility either, as racism is rampant in reality. I think I'm just too much of an optimist to jump to the racist conclusion every time, even if I should.

Sephzilla

Packers need to lose to Titans to get some real shakeup

If the Packers lose to the Titans, McCarthy is done. They would be 4-5 and then there's no way they're going to win-out and squeeze into the playoffs when they have Washington, Philly, Houston, Seattle, Minnesota, and Detroit on their schedule. I think the Packers are going to be fortunate if they finish 9-7

Line_HTX

If the Packers lose to the Titans, McCarthy is done. They would be 4-5 and then there's no way they're going to win-out and squeeze into the playoffs when they have Washington, Philly, Houston, Seattle, Minnesota, and Detroit on their schedule. I think the Packers are going to be fortunate if they finish 9-7

I think y'all got the Houston game on lock.

cdyhybrid

Eagles and Vikings are struggling, if not collapsing.

Hindl

Eagles have been oddly dominant at home this season, and shit on the road. Odd because the Eagles have had one of the best road records of the last decade and not a sterling home record. Packers game is in Philly so they may pull one out

Sephzilla

I think y'all got the Houston game on lock.

Considering how inconsistent the Packers have been and how vanilla their offense is, I don't think any game is a lock for the Packers at this point. Everyone thought the Packers had the Colts on lockdown too.

Their remaining schedule;
@ Titans
@ Washington
@ Eagles
vs Texans
vs Seattle
@ Bears
vs Vikings
@ Lions

I think they'll beat Tennessee, but it's a road game so who knows. Washington looks too good for Green Bay. Philly, despite their issues, still look better than Green Bay plus its a road game. The Packers secondary is the exact thing Brock needs to look worth his investment, and since Lambeau mystique means jack shit these days Green Bay looks like a good place for Houston to get a road win. Seattle is way too good for Green Bay. Bears always play the Packers tough in Chicago. The Vikings defense still looks too good for Green Bay. The Lions always play the Packers crazy tough in Detroit.

Tennessee, Minnesota, and maybe Chicago, are the only two games in this schedule I feel remotely confident about right now.

Hindl

Huh. The Eagles are still number one in Football Outsiders' DVOA rankings, even after their loss to the Giants.

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/796056298601271297

This either means the Eagles are unlucky to be 4-4 or DVOA is irrevocably broken.

Combo of both. Not that DVOA is irrevocably broken, just that stats can only take you so far in a game like football compared to something like baseball. But if you look at their losses, they still haven't lost by more than a single score. Add in that the only loss where they got flat out out-played was in Washington. Against the Lions that late Mathews fumble fucked us, whereas against Dallas and the Giants FG decisions ended up costing them the game. I think the Eagles are better than their record indicates, but they just haven't been able to pull out the wins. Add a few skill position players in the offseason and that'll change.

gutshot

Combo of both. Not that DVOA is irrevocably broken, just that stats can only take you so far in a game like football compared to something like baseball. But if you look at their losses, they still haven't lost by more than a single score. Add in that the only loss where they got flat out out-played was in Washington. Against the Lions that late Mathews fumble fucked us, whereas against Dallas and the Giants FG decisions ended up costing them the game. I think the Eagles are better than their record indicates, but they just haven't been able to pull out the wins. Add a few skill position players in the offseason and that'll change.

Agreed. I can see this season ending with the Eagles at 7-9 or 8-8, adding a few pieces and becoming a trendy Super Bowl pick next year.

Hindl

Agreed. I can see this season ending with the Eagles at 7-9 or 8-8, adding a few pieces and becoming a trendy Super Bowl pick next year.

Yeah win out home games, save probably Falcons, and lose out road games, save maybe Ravens. Expected at the beginning of the season, those first 3 games were such a tease. Flip a little if they can beat the Bengals too

I think the Eagles and Raiders are going to be everyone's super sexy Super Bowl picks come next year.

Eagles never seem to do well when people expect them to be great recently, so I hope people have other choices.

Top Bottom