• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Ryan Tannehill is doing everything possible to be ready to play again this season, and that includes going through all the meetings during the week. He also served as essentially an extra quarterbacks coach during the Dolphins’ 34-13 win at the Jets last week.

He’s been with the team nonstop despite having a full cast on his left leg. It already looks highly doubtful that he would be back for the regular-season finale against the Patriots, but Miami is on the cusp of clinching a playoff berth. Putting Tannehill on Injured Reserve would rule him out for the postseason.

While he waits, he is staying completely locked into what’s going on with his team.

“Ryan was exemplary,” offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said. “There he is in a cast; he’s on the sideline risking getting run over, over there. He didn’t have to do that. He could’ve sat in the box, in the comfort up there. He goes out there in the cold because he’s out there with his buddies.

“I don’t think he missed a meeting. He’s contributing. He’s got his notebook out. A lot of these guys, after they get hurt they disappear. They’re not in the building. ‘Why would I come over here? Why am I here all night helping QB Matt get ready when I could be at home with my new baby, and my wife? I’m not going to play this week anyway.’”

Gase likened Tannehill to an extra member of the coaching staff, particularly for backups Matt Moore and T.J. Yates.

“If there is any kind of question, he can answer it,” he said. “We’ve kind of gained an extra member to help our guys out from what he sees, and he’s spent a lot of time still watching film and trying to help out in any role he can.

“He’s committed to what we’re trying to do. We’re trying to win one game this week and he’s done everything he can, especially the last two weeks, to help us on anything that he sees. He’s communicated with me quite a bit game-plan-wise with anything he sees on tape to where he thinks Matt would like. He does have the most knowledge as far as he spent so much time with Matt, when they go through game plans, they both know what each other likes. He can give me a heads up of he’ll like this, this and this, so he’s been very helpful for me.”

That'smyQB.jpeg

We've had a hell of a ride....
C0J2m3VUkAAm0Ev.jpg

Line_HTX

Still insanely difficult to find a quarterback that's even available. Front office made a huge mistake. It's very frustrating because there were very few options.

bionic77

The qb cycle Mech goes through with every new qb is the most reliable thing I know of in this thread.

It always starts with boundless optimism and love (this is the sexual attraction phase). They can't keep their hands off each other and every day, night and morning is perfect (this is the off-season).

Mech is a loyal guy so he will support his qb through the ups and downs of the early relationship. When someone sends him a pic of the qb with someone elses dick in their mouth (this is the analogy for the relationship equivalent regular Brock Oswellier game) he is initially quick to forgive and forget. He will post stats to support his position (made or real makes no difference) and often "inside reports" of how the qb is getting to know the offense.

Eventually though he finds out that most of what he believed about his love was a lie. The qb is stealing his money, letting strange people into his house and Mech is finding strange offers for sex with strangers on Craigslist using his address as the place to meet up (the equivalent to losing to the Colts). Everything people warned him about this qb is coming true and Mech makes an ultimatum, stop sucking other peoples dicks (i.e. start throwing to people on our team) and clean up your act or else you are out of here. The qb doesn't turn it around and continue to sucks and Mech follows through on his promise.

The cycle begins anew when Mech reads stories about how awesome the backup qb looks in practice. His command of the offense, his command of the team and his cannon of an arm (i.e. hot as a motherfucker).

Mech is the one consistent in this thread. I am going to miss his qb fantasies once the Switch comes out and we all give up on this thread and football once we realize that it was nothing but trash.

The qb cycle Mech goes through with every new qb is the most reliable thing I know of in this thread.

It always starts with boundless optimism and love (this is the sexual attraction phase). They can't keep their hands off each other and every day, night and morning is perfect (this is the off-season).

Mech is a loyal guy so he will support his qb through the ups and downs of the early relationship. When someone sends him a pic of the qb with someone elses dick in their mouth (this is the analogy for the relationship equivalent regular Brock Oswellier game) he is initially quick to forgive and forget. He will post stats to support his position (made or real makes no difference) and often "inside reports" of how the qb is getting to know the offense.

Eventually though he finds out that most of what he believed about his love was a lie. The qb is stealing his money, letting strange people into his house and Mech is finding strange offers for sex with strangers on Craigslist using his address as the place to meet up (the equivalent to losing to the Colts). Everything people warned him about this qb is coming true and Mech makes an ultimatum, stop sucking other peoples dicks (i.e. start throwing to people on our team) and clean up your act or else you are out of here. The qb doesn't turn it around and continue to sucks and Mech follows through on his promise.

The cycle begins anew when Mech reads stories about how awesome the backup qb looks in practice. His command of the offense, his command of the team and his cannon of an arm (i.e. hot as a motherfucker).

Mech is the one consistent in this thread. I am going to miss his qb fantasies once the Switch comes out and we all give up on this thread and football once we realize that it was nothing but trash.
What if the switch fails though... that is a slight possibility

Hindl

Still insanely difficult to find a quarterback that's even available. Front office made a huge mistake. It's very frustrating because there were very few options.

They needed to make a change after last season and Brock was the only one available, and he at least looked competent. Though they should've just tried to target a rookie QB in the later rounds to just to be safe and develop like Savage. Hopefully Savage works out but if I were BOB I'd be looking for a late round QB in the 2017 draft just in case.

My favorite was the Ryan Mallett love

Hell no. They were all to busy putting my QB Ryan Mallett on the list. All he is guilty of is becoming the best QB on the roster and saving my soul from the shitstorm that is Brian Fucking Hoyer.
#REPENT #BOB

Its is a sign of the oncoming storm to the league! Armageddon is coming and BOB is bringing a Mallett to smash the non believers!
Mallett makes a strong throw to the sideline. Puts his fake guns into his holster while talking to the defense with a big smile on his face

ThatsmyQB.gif

They needed to make a change after last season and Brock was the only one available, and he at least looked competent. Though they should've just tried to target a rookie QB in the later rounds to just to be safe and develop like Savage. Hopefully Savage works out but if I were BOB I'd be looking for a late round QB in the 2017 draft just in case.
Patrick Mahomes is the answer for them if he declares

You're welcome Texans-GAF

Bread

Banned

well i can't argue with any of this

JABEE

Gata's NIghtmare Continues: Jags guaranteed to draft Top 5 in the '17 Draft.

Last time the Jags didn't draft in the top 5 was the 2011 draft. No other team in the modern era has had a top 5 pick 5 years in a row, Jags guaranteed to do it for a 6th consecutive year.

Sounds like a record the Browns will break in the near future.

Like last year :(
Poor Mccarron
He was robbed of a playoff win :(

I actually feel bad for AJ. Not about the playoff loss, because it's great to watch the Bungholes implode on themselves, especially those asshats Burfict and Pacman. But mostly because he was pretty solid in relief of Dalton last year and basically, with all the QB jobs open, the Bungholes said they weren't trading him. Why? They're gonna stick with Dalton for years. Give AJ a chance to start somewhere else.

He likely regressed this year since he got zero PT. Basically missed his chance at becoming an NFL starter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Can we get rors to update TexansCycle.jpg with this new text?

Striker

I actually feel bad for AJ. Not about the playoff loss, because it's great to watch the Bungholes implode on themselves, especially those asshats Burfict and Pacman. But mostly because he was pretty solid in relief of Dalton last year and basically, with all the QB jobs open, the Bungholes said they weren't trading him. Why? They're gonna stick with Dalton for years. Give AJ a chance to start somewhere else.

He likely regressed this year since he got zero PT. Basically missed his chance at becoming an NFL starter.
With how youngry teams are for QB's, they would have gotten a decent draft pick for him too. Though, it also hinges on how often your QB gets injured.

I think I'm doing pork ribs for xmas dinner,

If the Patriots win against the Jets and the Raiders lose there is a good chance you won't be facing Brady or many other starters come week 17.

We beat them last year with full starters and home field on the line, we ain't scured.

more fap material for mech

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit 5m5 minutes ago

#Texans Film: Night/Day difference with Savage in for Osweiler. Savage quicker physically, steadier mentally and has a much better arm.

No way. It might even have a chance to match Wii U's success.
Disrespectful Tom

Floy has been eating way too much Popeyes lately.

I hope your right on beating Buffalo
I am.. Shady is going to get hurt somehow and the Bills won't be able to keep up with the Dolphins O...

Book it

wienke got everyone anime pillows.
As long as Tina Fay comes with them.. I'm okay with that

If the Patriots win against the Jets and the Raiders lose there is a good chance you won't be facing Brady or many other starters come week 17.
Well I won't be since I'm a Browns fan.. I'm supporting my friend and giving him my positive energy.. since he didn't believe in his squad.. but I did..

Zeke

Randy Gregory should be playing Sunday more pass rush help. I've been on vacation and I've lost track of the days already.

He was so close to victory then Hill, Burfict, and Pacman fucked up :(

Top Bottom