• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Actually, just replace the gaf logo with a taco.

Can't do that, it would look janky as fuck for 6 frames when it curving around the "corners" of the circle without some annoying effort distorting and warping it. I have a good secondary solution of making it replace the NFL logo on top that won't screw up my frames and isn't a troublesome to deal with.

effzee

Ugh. I get his reasoning but I'd be so pissed if the Eagles chose Cam Robinson

His reasoning is flawed because it assumes you can only find quality olinemen in the first round. And it would have the Eagles taking based on a need and not bpa.

Now Cam is projected as the best tackle in the draft, and they could still get CBs in later rounds, but I'd much rather address the OLine in the later rounds or next year, while developing the guys they took last year into potential starters.

His mock is laughable because it has zero QBs going early.

MechDX

His reasoning is flawed because it assumes you can only find quality olinemen in the first round. And it would have the Eagles taking based on a need and not bpa.

Now Cam is projected as the best tackle in the draft, and they could still get CBs in later rounds, but I'd much rather address the OLine in the later rounds or next year, while developing the guys they took last year into potential starters.

His mock is laughable because it has zero QBs going early.

You protect the QB you gave up numerous picks to get. There are basically 3 decent o linemem in this draft so you get one who can start right away. There are plenty of CBs in this draft who can contribute this year that can be had later. Not so for o linemen.

The QBs dropping isnt that far fetched. I speculated earlier this week if they "hype" for these average at best QBs is a media and agent driven thing . will find out Thursday

effzee

You protect the QB you gave up numerous picks to get. There are basically 3 decent o linemem in this draft so you get one who can start right away. There are plenty of CBs in this draft who can contribute this year that can be had later. Not so for o linemen.

The QBs dropping isnt that far fetched. I speculated earlier this week if they "hype" for these average at best QBs is a media and agent driven thing . will find out Thursday

After last year I doubt it. Wentz rose to #2 after the season ended. There are enough desperate teams with jobs on the line who will take at least 1 QB in the top 10.

The Eagles don't need a tackle who can start right away. They are actually set at tackle for 1 more year. If Cam is the pick I wouldn't hate it but they might be in line to get Foster, Harris, or Davis. And all of them see to be better players if they truly are going with bpa.

BigAT

Sounds like Peterson is officially a Saint.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter
And so Adrian Peterson is a Saint.

Saints gave Adrian Peterson a two-year deal. They would like him to play two years and he wants to play the two years.

Good morning friends..

Where is Floy boy? Someone pls return him to Me. I would like Floy to select our pizza toppings
No pizza for me.. I can't have it.. I'm trying to watch my figure again..

But if I were to.. I would like a six cheese pizza with pepperoni, sausage, onion, and mushrooms personally..

That's just me.

New Fuckball Gif Longer, had some fun making this one.
giphy.gif
Bravo paper

Sounds like Peterson is officially a Saint.

And so Adrian Peterson is a Saint.

Saints gave Adrian Peterson a two-year deal. They would like him to play two years and he wants to play the two years.
Mixed feelings. Not about him as a player. He beat the shit out of a little boy in the name of discipline and I'm not ok with that. Sigh.

Striker

They can go all D in the draft. Having a great RB or two and actually committing to run the ball also helps a Defense a ton by controlling the clock and keeping opposing offenses off the field.
Ingram averaged over 5 yards per carry last year and Payton and Brees still wanted to throw 673 times.

Jarnet87

Why would you wish a Romo-esque career on anyone?

He did it to himself, you don't incur the wrath of the based god. I'm just glad Steph got his one ring

We will also get to confirm that Peyton just hates Ingram when AP fumbles all over the place and doesn't get benched.

MechDX

Greg Gabriel‏
@greggabe

Talked to 2 GM's tonight. Got great info but won't pass it on until Wed nite or Thursday morning.

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 2h2 hours ago
More
From my conversations last night, expect the unexpected in top 6 come Thursday night

No matter how crazy this draft could get it will never top the 2014 thread:

7e7c60d5fbbbcf0d4d07dcdc0c88de3b.jpg

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

On the veteran QB market: If the #Bengals are going to trade AJ McCarron it will require a 1st round pick -- at least. Pretty unlikely.

1st round pick? jnc

effzee

This QB class is terrible why didn't teams show more interest in Foles?

He could start for the Jets and isn't 100 years old like McCown

This QB class is terrible why didn't teams show more interest in Foles?

He could start for the Jets and isn't 100 years old like McCown
Case keenum totally outplayed him when they were both with the rams. Foles would be the worst starter in the league. No one wanted him because he sucks so much.

Mudcrab

I mean, I'll take it. He will do well here. Just wasn't expecting it is all.

It makes sense, we had to replace Tim Hightower somehow and I think he'll make a solid #2 RB behind Ingram.

Plus it lowers the odds of spending any good draft picks on a RB instead of on defense.

AP going to have 80 catches this year.

If true, I'd be concerned if I were a Saints fan.

Adrian isn't a versatile back. Never has been. Piss poor blocker, bad out of the shotgun, and tends to have bricks for hands when trying to catch anything outside of about 5 yards. Now, Favre made him an actual weapon in passing plays in '09 and maybe Brees can as well, but Adrian was also 8 years younger then. He dominated when running out of the backfield, but in the past few years his speed and cuts are naturally getting slower and sloppier. There's also the injury concerns. His superhuman body has been showing weaknesses since 2013.

The deal just doesn't make much sense to me beyond AD's desperation. No other team would take him and he still wants to play. The Saints just aren't a good fit for him. That said, for only 3 million guaranteed (and a second year option), I think it was worth it for the Saints to take a shot at him, but I'm not expecting much.
The guy doesn't participate in preseason and is characteristically rusty the first couple games of the season because of it. It's been frustrating as fuck as a Vikings player to see that over the years.

The Saints open the season @ MIN. That Mike Zimmer defense will be hungry... and for the first time ever they'll actually get the opportunity to hit an undoubtedly rusty Peterson. Should be interesting. :p

dionysus

Yaldog
Agreed. Coaches like him and Reid throw no matter what. But if they were smart they would actually run a lot more.

They ran when they were ahead or early in the games. Even in many of their wins last year they were often behind until the end of the 4th quarter.

When Payton is not trying to come from behind, he likes about a 50% split.

Top Bottom