• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

T-Mac is still with it.

9c47c64cf76a4807900f6a706700ae1b.jpg

Quote the TMac, never more.

Stardust is also on.

Fatal combo.

I don't know how DM still eats hot dogs in his old age. They are delicious but I can't enjoy them knowing how much garbage goes in them.

And fuck you ketchup haters. There are far better condiments for hot dogs but ketchup is not horrible and it is good on fries too.

Mayo and Mustard or bust. Anyone who doesn't like it can
giphyl9ck2.gif

MechDX

You've gone too far!

Seriously, the First Pick site Im using is great for having to actually learn about potential draftees. Unlike Fanspeak its ratings are looser and you have to do some research on each pick or get a terrible grade. Using it I have learned there is some highly regarded value at WR later in this draft not many are talking about

Seriously, the First Pick site Im using is great for having to actually learn about potential draftees. Unlike Fanspeak its ratings are looser and you have to do some research on each pick or get a terrible grade. Using it I have learned there is some highly regarded value at WR later in this draft not many are talking about

I've been listening to the Miami Pod Podcast, they've been breaking down every prominent player for every position and how they might fit with Miami, I usually don't get this in depth with draft picks,

Cats suck

#Fuckdega

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I've been listening to the Miami Pod Podcast, they've been breaking down every prominent player for every position and how they might fit with Miami, I usually don't get this in depth with draft picks,

#Fuckdega

you, mech, printer

Need to add me to steam already.

MechDX

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/d...stage-for-von-miller-conflict--021107007.html

That's an indication of the financial distance between the Broncos and Miller. The two sides are not close, with a disparity believed to be in the neighborhood of $20 million total over a span of five years. That's a difference of roughly $4 million per season. Two sources familiar with the negotiation pegged Denver's offer as hovering around $18 million per season (roughly $90 million over five years). With the $4 million disparity in mind, that puts Miller's stance at around $22 million annually (roughly $110 million over five years). Von Miller, a hero of Super Bowl 50, won't be at Broncos workouts this week. (AP)

Interestingly, the Broncos are squaring up in this negotiation in a manner that has come to define this offseason. They're drawing a financial line in the sand, a familiar tune for the franchise. Here's a list of names over the past several months that defined Denver's bottom-line approach: Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Brock Osweiler, Danny Trevathan, Ryan Clady, Russell Okung and Colin Kaepernick. And now, Von Miller has joined the party.

All of this puts Miller in a unique spot coming out of the Super Bowl, as an elite player whose franchise tag falls well below his market value. The Broncos used the most restrictive tag possible as well – the exclusive rights tag – which allows Miller to negotiate only with Denver. Part of that decision was because the team didn't want Miller dialing in a contract offer in a free-agent environment rich with salary-cap room. But while Miller never tested the market, two high-ranking executives – one in the AFC and one in the NFC – believe he would have achieved or surpassed Suh’s per-year average. Both declined to speculate on a salary ceiling.

This puts the Broncos and Miller into difficult territory. And that's where the methodology of Elway and Sullivan come in. Elway values Miller as a team centerpiece and he has also leaned on Sullivan to protect Denver's long-term salary-cap health, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports. Multiple sources also said Sullivan, a longtime NFL agent before joining Denver, has been determining the "salary slot" where players fall. And he played that role in salary talks with all of Denver's free agents as well, including Osweiler, Jackson and Trevathan, as well as limited conversations about Kaepernick's salary (if a trade with the San Francisco 49ers were to be consummated).

Several of the sources also pointed to the recent contract extension of Wolfe, a Broncos defensive end who signed a four-year, $36.7 million deal less than two months before free agency. In light of some of the other contracts doled out last month, Wolfe appeared to have taken far less from the Broncos than he would have commanded in free agency. In turn, multiple sources said it created an environment where Denver was seeking discounts from all of their free agents.

"I think the Derek Wolfe deal screwed their heads up," one agent said. "It made [Mike] Sullivan believe he could get everyone to do bad deals. There is a lot of arrogance there."

Added another prominent NFL agent who dealt with Sullivan in previous years, "[He] tries to make everyone eat a [expletive] sandwich. And we have long memories."

Miller expects to be paid like the best defensive player in the NFL, and Denver has to decide whether such a number (somewhere between $19.1 million and $22 million) is worth it. Meanwhile, the Broncos have to take their stand after already losing three other key pieces of the roster in Jackson, Trevathan and Osweiler.

The stage is set for the next few months. Von Miller wants to be paid, and Denver doesn't want to overpay. Somewhere inside a gap that is millions apart, this negotiation could get uglier than anyone expected.

Long but good read on the Von Miller situation. Interesting how it will all play out

But Red Zone was on all day.

SfV any good now with the Alex addition?

It's super fun. RQ fix and Guile news coming soon apparently as well.

Top 8 for WCW is on right now if you're interested. Ricki vs Rog.

4 months of happiness? I'll take it!

I need my weekly fix of depression tho.

There's plenty of things to do in the offseason, yo.

Like watching WWE!

OTAs start full bore tomorrow.
Draft is what 11 days away?

After that it gets REALLY slow until training camp starts.

10 more days until the Draft!

I know, I can't wait for the draft, but man the next few months are gonna drag, especially when the NBA season is over.

Top Bottom