• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

BigAT

Two elite teams making a trade with each other:

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo
Jets are trading former first-round pick Calvin Pryor to the Browns, sources say. Shot for the safety to restart his career.
The other end of this Browns-Jets trade is LB Demario Davis. He's going back to the Jets, sources say.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hey guys wanna play some switch! Sick I'll be on in a sec. Just need to grab my head set, my splitter, the aux cables, my phone, and your absurdly long friend codes and we're good to go! Whoops hang on my phones dying, gonna need to charge it while I play... shit means I need an extension cord as well... nvm

BigAT

Hey guys wanna play some switch! Sick I'll be on in a sec. Just need to grab my head set, my splitter, the aux cables, my phone, and your absurdly long friend codes and we're good to go! Whoops hang on my phones dying, gonna need to charge it while I play... shit means I need an extension cord as well... nvm

I don't think it will be all that much of a problem. No one wants to play SWITCH with you.

Striker

Two elite teams making a trade with each other:

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo
Jets are trading former first-round pick Calvin Pryor to the Browns, sources say. Shot for the safety to restart his career.
The other end of this Browns-Jets trade is LB Demario Davis. He's going back to the Jets, sources say.
Land of the Cleve

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have no idea what the Jets are doing. This is the most obvious rebuild year ever, your QB is fucking Josh McCown. Would have given Pryor another year, even though he was pretty bad last season. I guess the coaching staff has to delude themselves into thinking they're going to be competitive this season, shrug. Smart move for the Browns, trading the older below average player for the younger one

1. Go CAV

2. Browns resign Kirksey yesterday, trade for Pryor today. Hopefully the trade works out like Jamar Taylor did.

3. No team has ever Drafted players, signed players, and traded for players. No team has done any of these things ever, trust me this history. Browns don't give a Fuck, look what the boys did.

4. look what this boy did, I don't give a fuuuck!

Some of you might be questioning the validity of point number 3, but don't. It's 2017 I don't have to tell the truth anymore

I'm rooting for the cavs.

Say what you want about Bron's super team but Durant's move fucked up the league so much.

What? How did it affect the league at all? We are getting the same teams in the finals that we had gotten the 2 years before. If anything it had no effect at all on the NBA since GS didnt even break their record for wins this year.

Bread

Banned
One superstar joining a team to get a ring = fucked up
But two superstars joining a team to get a ring = fine?
if durant had joined another team to balance the top of the league a bit more like the celtics, that would have been fine. he should do that instead.

What? How did it affect the league at all? We are getting the same teams in the finals that we had gotten the 2 years before. If anything it had no effect at all on the NBA since GS didnt even break their record for wins this year.
lol if you actually think it didn't affect the league.

In many ways, this is all the Celtics fault.
KMkGYfO.png

Which led to the creation of the Heat....

So really just go back in time and stop our Celtic. That should save the Multiverse

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Don't bother yankee.

People like to imagine the NBA back in the day had ridiculous amounts of parity.

bionic77

It's hilarious how the narrative can change so quickly.

There is zero difference in what LeBron did and what KD did.

And honestly if you care about your legacy and can pull it off I think a lot of players would do the same thing. Players in the past didn't have that option. Be interesting to see if Silver does anything to address it.

Tall4Life

It's hilarious how the narrative can change so quickly.

There is zero difference in what LeBron did and what KD did.

And honestly if you care about your legacy and can pull it off I think a lot of players would do the same thing. Players in the past didn't have that option. Be interesting to see if Silver does anything to address it.

LeBron left a shit team that he carried to almost greatness, in his last season there getting 61 wins, while in their next they only won 19 games. KD left a team where their other best player was Westbrook, arguably top 5 in the current NBA, and who almost beat the 73-9 Warriors. LeBron went to the Heat who were only 5th in the East before he went there, KD went to the #1 team in the West, LeBron went to a team with only two other All-NBA players, Durant went to a team with three...

bionic77

LeBron left a shit team that he carried to almost greatness, in his last season there getting 61 wins, while in their next they only won 19 games. KD left a team where their other best player was Westbrook, arguably top 5 in the current NBA, and who almost beat the 73-9 Warriors. LeBron went to the Heat who were only 5th in the East before he went there, KD went to the #1 team in the West, LeBron went to a team with only two other All-NBA players, Durant went to a team with three...
They both could not win with their current team and left to join a superteam.

I don't hold that against LeBron but it is weird how people are trying to rewrite history or spin everything for LeBron. You are acting like he is a Cedric Ceballos type player with this bullshit...

Tall4Life

They both could not win with their current team and left to join a superteam.

I don't hold that against LeBron but it is weird how people are trying to rewrite history or spin everything for LeBron. You are acting like he is a Cedric Ceballos type player with this bullshit...

Did Jordan leave the Bulls after he couldn't beat the Pistons? Did Dr. J join the Lakers after he couldn't beat them in 1980?

LeBron was in a much worse position than Durant. The Cavs were poorly fucking managed and lucked into drafting LeBron. Thunder had Westbrook and Durant which is a championship caliber team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...e-warriors-at-basketball-by-playing-football/

Beyond that, Love’s ability to find open receivers streaking down the court makes him the NBA’s answer to an NFL quarterback. In fact, when it comes to connecting on long passes, he was better than several actual NFL quarterbacks this season. Love’s 17 “completions” that traveled 20 or more yards in the air were more than five NFL teams across a 16-game season (the sad-sack Cleveland Browns across town were not in this group — barely).

To be sure, Love is like any other QB in that he needs to connect on his long pass attempts and avoid turnovers. His attempts can occasionally land in the hands of defenders when he’s off the mark — or in the second row when’s really off the mark. He committed five turnovers while making outlet passes during the course of the regular season, according to a play-by-play analysis run by STATS SportVu.

2xKW18j.png

bionic77

Did Jordan leave the Bulls after he couldn't beat the Pistons? Did Dr. J join the Lakers after he couldn't beat them in 1980?

LeBron was in a much worse position than Durant. The Cavs were poorly fucking managed and lucked into drafting LeBron. Thunder had Westbrook and Durant which is a championship caliber team.
First, I agree that KD was in a better situation and his team was truly competitive.

But, what we don't agree with is that the older guys had that option to just leave and go join a superteam or assemble one like Wade and LeBron did. That just did not exist to the older players. That is something that was either invented by the Celtics or LeBron (take your pick) and will probably continue to happen going forward.

Tall4Life

First, I agree that KD was in a better situation and his team was truly competitive.

But, what we don't agree with is that the older guys had that option to just leave and go join a superteam or assemble one like Wade and LeBron did. That just did not exist to the older players. That is something that was either invented by the Celtics or LeBron (take your pick) and will probably continue to happen going forward.

I can agree with that, but to be fair to the Celtics' situation, Allen and Garnett didn't get asked to traded to the Celtics, the superteam was assembled without them wanting it, and it destroyed our bench in the meantime because we traded away so much. I still consider them to be the first real modern superteam assembled, but because we traded for both, it took a lot away from us too.

bionic77

Bionic please explain to me how this is doing it:

k4LMP9P.png
Explain how that is not doing it?

It allows my iPhone to combine with my Switch and form a transformer like device of which the awesomeness cannot be measured.

It is JCB compatible. Now you can get your game on without having to miss any texts or calls from any of the many JCB admirers that are a part of that lifestyle because your phone is always with you and your Switch. Thus enabling a maximum level of servicing.

I would explain further but I have a 1pm servicing appointment on the rooftop that I am late for. You can figure out the rest yourself. If not I am sure another JCB fan step in and handle it.

cdyhybrid

Listen nintendo is just protecting the world from pedophiles.
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

tmdorsey

re:Lebron/Durant discussion. I think a difference also is that fact that the Warriors had recently won a championship before Durant even got there. What Durant is going to have to deal with the rest of his life if/when he wins a chip with Golden State is the talk that he basically tagged along the Warrior train to get a ring. The only way this won't necessarily be the narrative is if he has a Dominate performance in the Finals and gets the MVP.

Top Bottom