• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Jameis taking the team to the 1 on first drive: Doing it

Koetter not going for it on 4th and 1 at the 1 to try and give Aguayo fake confidence by kicking a chipshot: Not Doing It.

How long does it take to get going? I'm close to an hour in and it's starting to bore me and annoy, just walking around looking at crap and listening to the voices.
It's not an action fest but the first hour is very passive. Once you reach the door to Hel, you start to move into the game proper. You're presented with two paths and that's when the puzzle solving and combat comes in.

JABEE

I don’t understand how he is going to reduce the suspension if the NFL has evidence of domestic violence. 6 games is supposed to be the minimum penalty per the commissioner’s guidelines.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
DG_NCr7XgAAX0Or.jpg

4PPoXIT.gif

yrba1

Remembering Goff is your QB should make you want to shit your pants

Not at all, Jeff Fisher did him no favors with that middle school offense he ran. Goff showed flashes his first few games, maneuvering inside the pocket and making tight, accurate throws; I'll give him the benefit of a doubt to prove he'll be in better hands under McVay's tutelage

Bronx-Man

Banned
My favorite quotes from today's WYTS:

I’ve really, truly had enough. We get it, kid. You like to hunt. You’re a COUNTRY BOY OOOOOOOH. Congrats on being every baseball player ever. If there were such a thing as karma, one of Carson Wentz’s own linemen would have accidentally blasted his foot off. It’s like someone took the worst parts of JJ Watt and made a QB out of it. Meanwhile, Wentz’s game log from last season read like someone charted declining literacy rates in Bridesburg. He was the Second Coming for three games and then proceeded to suck. If he were black, people would have said they finally got tape on him. But because he’s white and hunts, he’ll get another 15 years to prove himself. Bible-humping jackass.

The best QBs in this teams modern era have been Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick - all guys I’ve heard described in the parking lot as quarterbacks who “could not read a defense.” Now everyone is happy with Flacco Jr.

Our idiot mouth breathing fans and lazy sports radio hosts love to talk about defensive end Brandon Graham like he’s an all-pro. Graham had 5.5 sacks last year.

They gave Andy Reid the shitcan, replaced him with that security robot that fell into a fountain, and replaced that thing with Andy Reid’s dopey kid brother. Doug Pederson talks like a hungover Foghorn Leghorn and makes the same awful in-game mistakes Andy Reid does. This franchise is never, ever going to win a Super Bowl.

For everyone using the “Wentz had no good receivers!” excuse, he finished 29th out of 30 eligible QBs in Yards Per Attempt, well behind professional stopgaps like Trevor Siemian, Case Keenum, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, and even lower than Blake Bortles, a human bag of flour. Wentz, a “project,” is also 24 years old, a fact that somehow makes Jared Goff look good — at least Goff has two years to improve to Wentz’s level of mediocrity. But hey, Wentz is HARD-NOSED. He’ll crack open his skull diving for a first down because that’s the way we do things here in Philly! [chugs a 64 oz. Wawa lemonade tea, falls into diabetic shock]

Carson Wentz was absolute garbage once teams got some tape on him but he’s already a god in this city off the strength of a 3-0 start. You’d think we learned our lesson with Nick Foles, but nope– ask any Eagles fan and they’ll tell you he’s the second coming. McNabb never got anything close to this much love when he was a top-5 QB for a solid decade straight.

Oh boy! It’s another Eagles season with a “promising young QB” and a crop of free agents that were all really good 3 seasons ago. What could possibly go wrong?

In a division with ODB, Brandon Marshall, and Dez Bryant our cornerbacks have about as much chance of success as the Germanic tribe from the first scene in Gladiator.

I once got in a Twitter fight with a local media guy over a red zone interception where Wentz hit a linebacker standing perfectly still, right in the path of Zach “I’ve been a breakout candidate since I was a rookie” Ertz. A middle schooler at recess would have known not to make that throw, but here this local guy was trying to hold Wentz’s water and argue Ertz could have made “football moves” to morph through the linebacker and make the catch for some reason. Rookies make mistakes. It’s ok to make bad reads. Pretending a rookie QB is flawless because he’s an Eagle? Fuck that.

I don’t even want to get into the subset of local Iggles fan that thinks Lane Johnson’s suspension is the only thing that kept us from the playoffs. He’s a single offensive lineman, blaming his suspension for every struggle is madness. Maybe, just maybe, NFL teams got tape on Wentz and defenses were well-prepared for him after the Eagles’ hot start. At least we brought in Alshon Jeffery’s paper mache legs, a washed-up Torrey Smith, and the Patriots’ latest system running back to fix the offense. I cannot wait until a 3-game losing streak where WIP callers start demanding to give Nick Foles another shot.

No one chooses to be an Eagles fan. You are born into it, like clubfoot or poverty.

Each one like a fine aphrodisiac to read.

Clockwork5

niners suck but it always a pleasure to see my boy alex :*)
I think Alex will have one of the best seasons of his career. Chip on the shoulder Alex is the best Alex.

Not that I think he holds it against the Chiefs that we stretched so far for a future QB but I think he feels (once again in his career) that he has something to prove.

I like Alex and will remember these years as some of the good ones.

Man I'm looking forward to the Raiders knocking the Chiefs down a peg or two this season.

I'm looking forward to the rivalry being relevant again. The Raiders have been shit tier for sooooo long and hit some bad luck last year.

I think Alex will have one of the best seasons of his career. Chip on the shoulder Alex is the best Alex.

Not that I think he holds it against the Chiefs that we stretched so far for a future QB but I think he feels (once again in his career) that he has something to prove.

I like Alex and will remember these years as some of the good ones.

I'm looking forward to the rivalry being relevant again. The Raiders have been shit tier for sooooo long and hit some bad luck last year.

Alex always shows up and I have no doubt chiefs win that division. If the refs didn't call some bullshit on that 2 pt conversion against the Steelers, chiefs would've been in the superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom