• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Greg A. Bedard‏Verified account
@GregABedard
Follow
More
Brady is not happy, barking at teammates. He shouldn't be. Texans tough defense is winning the day.
10:38 AM - 15 Aug 2017

Duh. Beilchik letting it happen so he can take detailed notes

Seth Payne‏Verified account @PayneNFL 1h1 hour ago
More
My view from Texans/Pats camp right now. Gonna have to interview Boat Shoes Rodgers about what his deal is.
DHR6eG7XoAAB2y1.jpg:large

Greg? What are you doing in Virginia?

Hindl

I sort of doubt it. Hell, if I were him I don't know if I'd want to play anymore after spinal fusion surgery.

Anyway, that gives the Eagles $9m in cap space left this season. I believe another $10m comes off the books at the end of the season for Chase Daniel or some such. ~$20m might be enough to keep some of the free agents around. If Alshon balls out that's a given. Will probably want to extend Tim Jernigan too.
And Nigel Bradham. He was quietly really good last season. If they can hold on to Alshon, Jernigan, and Bradham and not really go after any FAs next year that would be nice.

And Nigel Bradham. He was quietly really good last season. If they can hold on to Alshon, Jernigan, and Bradham and not really go after any FAs next year that would be nice.

Didn't realize he was a FA next year, but definitely agree. I'm really crossing my fingers for Nate Gerry cause it would be great if he can start over Kendricks. They could cut him for only $3.2m in dead money next year. Gerry already looks better in coverage.

manfestival

feels like people are way to hyped and keep forgetting that the bucs are actually still the buccaneers. We had a good season with Dirk but we also had a better first season with the YOUNGRY Raheem Morris.

Hindl

splatoon 2 is great
Yeah it really is. I still play a few games every night. Really easy to pick up and play too
Didn't realize he was a FA next year, but definitely agree. I'm really crossing my fingers for Nate Gerry cause it would be great if he can start over Kendricks. They could cut him for only $3.2m in dead money next year. Gerry already looks better in coverage.
Yeah he looked pretty good in the preseason game and has been impressive in practice. But that's just preseason and practice so it doesn't mean much. I'd be surprised if he took Kendricks' starter spot but I at least expect him to be rotated in and out with Kendricks. Schwartz seems high on him, but this is his first year at LB so there'll be some growing pains. But going off of camp quotes it is promising
Man, any signs of the Kelly era is already gone.
Still have Sproles, Jenkins, and Hicks, who are three of our most important players

effzee

I sort of doubt it. Hell, if I were him I don't know if I'd want to play anymore after spinal fusion surgery.

Anyway, that gives the Eagles $9m in cap space left this season. I believe another $10m comes off the books at the end of the season for Chase Daniel or some such. ~$20m might be enough to keep some of the free agents around. If Alshon balls out that's a given. Will probably want to extend Tim Jernigan too.

Peters is probably gone after this season too.

Hindl

You know, it does deserve some Fox318 nintendo bashing with the amiibo loadout crap.
And the map rotation stuff being so limited, and Salmon Run only being up every other day, and the whole phone app/party system, and a few other dumb decisions
Peters is probably gone after this season too.
He just signed an extension to 2019 during OTAs. Unless he has a career-ending injury or decides to retire he'll be back in 2018

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Robinson is a lazy player who quits on routes more than any #1 WR I've ever seen. Also that quote is pretty much nothing but folks are making a big deal out of it.

WYTS Vikings http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-minnesota-vikings-1797851777

I got a kitten during AP’s 2012 MVP Season and of course named her Adrian. One year later AP beats his toddler and I’m stuck with a freak cat that actually know and responds to its name, so I can’t change it even though she’s named after a delusional egomaniac. Now when people ask me why I named my cat Adrian, I either have to blatantly lie and say “I really like Rocky” (I’m a 25 year old woman) or “I really liked Adrian Peterson before the child abuse” and admit that I am an idiot.

Teddy’s knee exploded on the practice field 2 days before my cat Adrian underwent a $2500 surgery to repair her own torn ACL/MCL. The orthopedic surgeon who did the repair had only seen 2 ACL/MCL tears on cats in his 30-year career as a vet. The Vikings are cursed and so is my cat and it’s all my fault for naming her after a player.
We’re the only team to have started a season 5-0 and miss the playoffs twice.
Death would be more hopeful than watching this team.
Just consider that losing eight of the last eleven games was somehow the fourth most catastrophic thing to happen to the Vikings last year.
Last year, I tried to keep my expectations down as the team started 1-0, 2-0, 3-0. I should’ve known disaster was afoot. But then they easily dispatched the Giants on Monday Night Football. I decided to check out the new billion dollar stadium and picked up a ticket to the Texans game. The Vikes utterly demolished them. They were 5-0, headed into the bye week, the defense looking like the 1985 Bears, Sam Bradford looking like a good trade given the circumstances - as I was walking out of the stadium I turned to my buddy and said “we’re a legitimately good team this year, I wonder how we’ll blow it in the playoffs.”

Of course, they finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
All of my best memories of the Vikings include them blowing an NFC Championship game.
It’s both incredibly awesome and depressing that the greatest moment in Vikings history was when Brett Favre betrayed the Packers and joined us.
eglyziyp1dcnnqxipjdy.png

The last person to be executed by guillotine in France happened 8 months after the Vikings made their last Super Bowl appearance.
When Denny Green died, the obituaries all mentioned the two NFC Championship losses. As I was reading them, I realized that reaching those games (plus two more after the 1987 and 2009 seasons) was the apex of my football fandom. 35 years watching this team, and my highlights are four divisional playoff victories followed by four gut-wrenching losses.

Dolphins will win 10 games this year
Not at the rate they're taking injuries at. Plus look at their schedule. I'm not sure I see 7 wins even IF they're healthy. The season hasn't even started yet and they've already taken on pretty heavy damage.

Last year the only team with a winning record that they beat was Pittsburgh, and Ben didn't even play that game. It's probably me being a biased jets fan, but I really feel like this dolphins team is going to play a LOT more like the 1-4 team from last season than the way they finished. They don't have the NFC West and AFC North on their schedule this year. They're only going to take on more injuries. 2-14 is obviously an overstatement from me (Only the Jets and maybe Niners are that bad this year), but I really wouldn't be surprised if they finished 5-11. Their schedules tough.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I too have gone through "QB thirst" but you cant blame yourself. Its not your fault

A-Rob is a good player but the dude checked out hard last year. I don't really even blame him for it because the Jags were a fucking shitshow last year but his regression has a good bit to do with himself and not just Bortles regressing into a dumpster fire.

I'll think he have a much better year this year because they're going to use him in motion and in the slot which they never did last year and because their running game can't possibly be as atrocious as it was last season (Yeldon is pretty much Trent Truck bad)

Rvaan

Banned
A-Rob is a good player but the dude checked out hard last year. I don't really even blame him for it because the Jags were a fucking shitshow last year but his regression has a good bit to do with himself and not just Bortles regressing into a dumpster fire.

I'll think he have a much better year this year because they're going to use him in motion and in the slot which they never did last year and because their running game can't possibly be as atrocious as it was last season (Yeldon is pretty much Trent Truck bad)

Remember when the Browns traded Trent Robinson to the Colts and everyone went "WTF are you doing Cleveland?"

Honestly though, if they can pull that offensive line together to just be average they might put together the kind of season Atlanta did last year. They were 5-0 in 2015 and fell apart and missed the playoffs too.

That defense is really fucking good.

Yeah even with the worst OL in the league Sam still had a great season. This year the Vikes will be much better.

Hindl

Honestly though, if they can pull that offensive line together to just be average they might put together the kind of season Atlanta did last year. They were 5-0 in 2015 and fell apart and missed the playoffs too.

That defense is really fucking good.
Their entire team got injured after 5-0 so it was pretty much impossible to keep that going. If the Vikes don't get devastated by injuries they should be a playoff team

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 3m3 minutes ago
More
There were rumors a week ago that the #Jaguars receiving corps was unhappy with Bortles and secretly lobbying for Henne.

There it is

I'd probably take the field but I wonder if the Pats can win more games than the rest of the division combined..

This year I'm taking the Pats in that bet. They're playing the NFC south and AFC West this year, I don't think there's a single team in those divisions worse than the Dolphins even at full strength. The two games against the pats are automatic losses for each team.

The jets have a legit 1-15 roster. The Bills are clearly purposefully tanking now. Miami can't catch a break with injuries.

Looking purely at the schedule, I'd say the fins go 5-11, bills 4-12, jets 1-15. Pats are pretty much a lock for 12 wins, probably gunna get 13 or 14 with how deep they are on offense since they can sustain injuries and most other teams on their schedule can't.

This really all depends on if Miami can build some confidence off their success against bad teams from last year though. I'm not seeing it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom