• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2018 |OT| Can we average a page/commercial?

Dthomp

Treadwell is killing the Vikings today. Can’t miss a catch that easy and bop it up so it can be intercepted

Holy shit this is a really good game right here between the Packers and the Vikings. Some macho passes by Cousins even if that came after a bullshit roughing the passer call.

Glad my Colts won as well. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Pagusas

Elden Member
I’m not sure how to feel right now. Clay Mathews DID NOT rough the passer on that interception. That’s no excuse for the tie, but it is annoying. We have won games on bad calls befor though, so I’m not mad or anything, I get it, but it does suck.

bigedole

I’m not sure how to feel right now. Clay Mathews DID NOT rough the passer on that interception. That’s no excuse for the tie, but it is annoying. We have won games on bad calls befor though, so I’m not mad or anything, I get it, but it does suck.

Yeah I'm interested in hearing what the justification was for calling that roughing the passer. Looked like a good clean hit and it definitely wasn't late.

Last edited:
Holy shit the 49ers line is terrible. It's like they're playing with 4 linemen out there. 4 sacks for 36 yards in the first half is ridiculous. They're going to have to go max protect if the line keeps (MEGA) failing to protect Garoppolo.

Last edited:

bucyou

Fitzpostgame.jpg

Ryan Fitzpatrick at post game press conference

Catphish

I'm a Bears fan (sort of. The NFL is really succeeding in reducing my interest in football), so I'm always happy to see GB get it, but not like this. That was a clean tackle, and actually about the best any defensive player could make in that situation.

Now the similar hit last week against the Bears by Mathews, that was roughing. Today's event was not.

It's stuff like this that will continue to drive fans away from the NFL. If your team can be denied a win because of a bad call from the officials, with no chance for appeal, then.. what's the point of any of it?

natjjohn

I'm a Bears fan (sort of. The NFL is really succeeding in reducing my interest in football), so I'm always happy to see GB get it, but not like this. That was a clean tackle, and actually about the best any defensive player could make in that situation.

Now the similar hit last week against the Bears by Mathews, that was roughing. Today's event was not.

It's stuff like this that will continue to drive fans away from the NFL. If your team can be denied a win because of a bad call from the officials, with no chance for appeal, then.. what's the point of any of it?

Welcome to sports. Every sport is littered with bad calls that can lead to a loss without appeal. If bad calls push you away from the NFL, might as well not watch any sport as you’ll see them everywhere

Dthomp

Yeah I'm interested in hearing what the justification was for calling that roughing the passer. Looked like a good clean hit and it definitely wasn't late.

I think that was more just a bad angle and trying to find the line of the new rules again. From the tv angle yes it wasn’t malicious in any way but when you see the refs angle I can see where he could think Clay put his full body weight on Cousins on the way down. Having a hundred replays makes it easy on us to see, but in a blink of an eye without? (Idk if they can) replay of it it’s a bang bang call

Pallas

Mahomes and Fitzmagic lightening up! I feel pretty bad for the Browns, I thought for sure they were gonna get a win. I’m also happy my beaten up, Gabbart led Titans won.

Loving the trick plays ...

Catphish

Welcome to sports. Every sport is littered with bad calls that can lead to a loss without appeal. If bad calls push you away from the NFL, might as well not watch any sport as you’ll see them everywhere
I agree with that to an extent but, the difference here is, the NFL are not only introducing rules that run counter-intuitive to how the game has been played for the last 100 years, they are enforcing them inconsistently, with no oversight. I believe this makes the situation a bit more unique than in other sports.

NFL viewership dropped about 10% last year compared to the year prior. The knee drama and concussion issues are part of that, surely, and probably responsible for the majority of the decline but, in one poll, 30% said they just weren't as interested in the game anymore.

And that's the group I fall into. My interest is being driven out because of the haphazard way the NFL goes about solving their problems. In this particular case, all that would be needed would be to allow a call like that to be challenged since, conveniently, there's a challenge system already in place, and the call in question will literally decide the outcome of the game. But, regrettably, review here is not an option, and fairness is denied, blatantly and obviously so.

This is something that absolutely should (if not must) be reviewable. If not, assuming fairness is the goal here, the whole system feels rather impotent.

Of course, all sports have and will have their fairness issues, but I think this is different, and I believe it's going to continue to drive down interest in the NFL. That's all I'm saying.

Can you imagine how awkward this has gotta be for Jameis Winston:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeSean Jackson is rolling up giving his outfit and chains to your white boy back up QB for post game interviews after he's thrown 400+ yards in two games.
dead.png

JAGS FIRST REGULAR SEASON WIN EVER VS PATRIOTS!!!!

Does that include playoffs or did the 99' Jags beat the Patriots in the playoffs? I can't remember

Niners lucky to win that game. Still a ton of mistakes being made and Jimmy threw a really dumb pass that got bailed out by a penalty.

Last edited:
Brady on the sideline yelling at his teammates to, "Do your bleeping jobs!"

Typical early season mistakes by the Pats, like the offsides where the Pats player didn’t react to it.

This was definitely the Jags Super Bowl, and they talked it all week. KC looks great, but it’s the start of the season and they got a ton of weapons. Expecting the usual slowdown by weeks 6-8. That would be typical for Reid. And they play no defense whatsoever.

Oh and Davis retiring at halftime of the Bills game says it all about Buffalo.

Last edited:

Kacho

You know the giants suck when they're sucking so much that they make the cowboys look decent.

I'm watching the game but having difficulty because it's kind of a boring game :messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping:

Yeah I got it on but I’m mostly just bullshitting online. Garbage ass game.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Is anyone else surprised that the CB wasn't called for that hit on Robinson after the INT just a lil bit ago?

Top Bottom