• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '22/'23 |OT| Excessive Celebration Edition

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Buffalo Bills (one of the few likeable teams)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Los Angeles Rams (NFL's golden child)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Tom Brady Buccaneers

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • State Farm's Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Green Bay Packers (playoff filler)

• Cincinnati Bengals (marry me Burrow)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Los Angeles Chargers (that other LA team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys (no matter the odds, bet on them losing playoff round 1, trust me)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • San Francisco 49ers (come for the game, stay because your car was hijacked)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens (coolest color combo in the NFL)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tennessee Titans (2021 Media's Favorite Team Award)

• Denver Broncos (why draft QB's when you can just trade?)

• Las Vegas Raiders (every fan's excuse for a Vegas trip)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts (yeah they still exist)

• New England Patriots (Mac Jones simps)

• Philadelphia Eagles (I want them to win the SB for more funny IASIP episodes)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Cleveland Browns (THEY HIRED WATSON LMAO)

• Miami Dolphins (pls give us Brady)

• Arizona Cardinals (people voluntarily live in that heat)

• New Orleans Saints (member Brees?)

• Pittsburg Steelers (it's okay because this is our rebuild year)

• Washington Red-Footba-Communi-Commanders

• Minnesota Vikings (they need to win a SB so they'll stop talking about bountygate)

• New York Giants (hey guys member when we ruined the Pat's perfect season?)

• Chicago Bears (I'm just trying to fill in the 25 poll cap)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

They really thought a five minute break would be sufficient after these guys watched a guy keel over and need AED/CPR for 10 minutes.

This league is repugnant.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Scariest incident i've seen since the John Tavares hit in Hockey. I thought he was literally dead on the ice. He pulled through and is playing again as an everyday-er.

Hope the same happens for Damar.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I know big hits and bad injuries are part of the game but I can understand not wanting to continue the game after witnessing your teammate fighting to live.

Praying he pulls through and recovers.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Only just now seeing the news. I was zoned out playing Video games and missed the whole circus. Completely bizarre injury though considering the tackle was something we see all the time.

I hope he is okay though. If that GoFundMe of his is any indication he seems like a good guy.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Only just now seeing the news. I was zoned out playing Video games and missed the whole circus. Completely bizarre injury though considering the tackle was something we see all the time.

I hope he is okay though. If that GoFundMe of his is any indication he seems like a good guy.

there is good in this world.

hope he pulls through.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't believe Terrel Owens wants to play in the NFL again. He's 49. He's in better shape than most people 15 years younger but come on man.

Pagusas

Elden Member
So great updates today, He's awake, asking who won the game and appears to have fully neurologically intact!

The NFL also has start discussing what to do about the game, looks like the favorite idea so far is adding an 8th team to each conference playoffs and the #1 seed losses the bye week. If that happens, then the whole seahawks playing earlier than the packers/lions wont matter as the Packers/Lions game will be played for a playoff spot no matter what.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The NFL also has start discussing what to do about the game, looks like the favorite idea so far is adding an 8th team to each conference playoffs and the #1 seed losses the bye week. If that happens, then the whole seahawks playing earlier than the packers/lions wont matter as the Packers/Lions game will be played for a playoff spot no matter what.

The other option is to call the game a tie. The #1 seed gets to choose either home field or a bye in the first round and #2 gets what wasn't chosen. Or a neutral site for the AFC championship.

Oh and fuck the anti-vaxxers who spammed #diedsuddenly when he went down.

daveonezero

Banned
Oh and fuck the anti-vaxxers who spammed #diedsuddenly when he went down.
It’s as bad as saying it is Commotio cordis. Something which usually requires an object going 40mph and at a very specific point.

no one know why he had a heart issue causing him to feint and stop breathing.

Saying anything at the time is just a guess.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
It’s as bad as saying it is Commotio cordis. Something which usually requires an object going 40mph and at a very specific point.

But accounts with huge followings claiming he died when he didn't just to further get anti-vax kudos are scum of the Earth.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

I kid at my high school got punched in the chest on accident while goofing around with his friend and died from cardiac arrest 24 years ago. Pretty sure it wasn’t from a vaccine.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Dave u wana tell us what's on ur mind bud

Are the vaccines just as plausible explanation as commotio cordis ? This a safe space

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I kid at my high school got punched in the chest on accident while goofing around with his friend and died from cardiac arrest 24 years ago. Pretty sure it wasn’t from a vaccine.

Did you ever go into that kid's basement to see if he was hiding a time machine? Check and mate.

sendit

Joe Biden and Rick went back in time to administer the vaccine to that kid. I have video evidence of the whole sequence of events:

daveonezero

Banned
Dave u wana tell us what's on ur mind bud

Are the vaccines just as plausible explanation as commotio cordis ? This a safe space
Both would require further study and information that’s all I’m saying.

You can’t make a determination from what we saw or now know.

And if this hit can cause commotio cordis why doesn’t it happen more often in the NFL?

There can be contributing factors. Or even an undiagnosed condition.

And if this hit can cause commotio cordis why doesn’t it happen more often in the NFL?

I don't think speculating it was commotio cordis is in the same league as speculating it was the vaccine, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

i mean this is basic info that you can look up with a quick google search. it's extremely rare because it occurs from blow right above the heart that has to occur in a narrow window of 40 milliseconds in the cardiac electrical cycle (like ~1-2% chance). according to the wiki there's less than 20 cases in the US, and nearly all of them occur in boys sports. its just a freak accident that completely scrambles the electrical function of the heart

just because we are speculating on what happened, it's not really fair to "both sides" this because one is a plausible medical explanation that is wholly compatible with the events we saw play out and the other is some made up shit by people that don't know how anything works

Regardless, in better news

daveonezero

Banned
i mean this is basic info that you can look up with a quick google search. it's extremely rare because it occurs from blow right above the heart that has to occur in a narrow window of 40 milliseconds in the cardiac electrical cycle (like ~1-2% chance). according to the wiki there's less than 20 cases in the US, and nearly all of them occur in boys sports. its just a freak accident that completely scrambles the electrical function of the heart

just because we are speculating on what happened, it's not really fair to "both sides" this because one is a plausible medical explanation that is wholly compatible with the events we saw play out and the other is some made up shit by people that don't know how anything works

Regardless, in better news

The diagnosis s a diagnosis of exclusion.

The doctors explained it in the press conference. They are still ruling everything else out.

Its literally an explanation only if nothing else is found.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
The diagnosis s a diagnosis of exclusion.

The doctors explained it in the press conference. They are still ruling everything else out.

Its literally an explanation only if nothing else is found.
right, if theres nothing wrong with the physiology of his heart we can safely conclude it was commotio cordis based on the events that led to his heart rhythm (presumably) going into V-fib (confirmed by the defibrillator during CPR). obviously there's no way of knowing what part of his heart cycle was affected unless he was hooked up to a 12 lead EKG during the collision.

Obviously i've never dealt with anyone suffering from this type of injury, but what's strange to me is you would think an otherwise healthy 24 year old athlete could be promptly shocked back into regular rhythm, given a few rounds of CPR, cardiac pressors, oxygen, etc and expect a quick and full recovery in an otherwise healthy person, but the fact they couldn't get him to breath on his own and had to be intubated for several days and they were even proning him at one point while on the ventilator because his heart couldn't get rid of excess fluid is confusing to me

Last edited:
Just wanted to revive this going into the game with Green Bay, WHAT A RIDE!
Lions will always be my #2 team. I'm very happy for them this year. I usually try and go to the games whenever they face the Browns. A couple years ago I went to the game in Detroit - it was awesome. I really like the stadium and had some fantastic food in Greektown after.

Lions will always be my #2 team. I'm very happy for them this year. I usually try and go to the games whenever they face the Browns. A couple years ago I went to the game in Detroit - it was awesome. I really like the stadium and had some fantastic food in Greektown after.
One of these years when they do win a Super Bowl, I think I'm gonna act like the woman in this meme at people suddenly wearing jackets and hats

WomanYellingAtACat_meme.jpg

Last edited:
One of these years when they do win a Super Bowl, I think I'm gonna act like the woman in this meme at people suddenly wearing jackets and hats

WomanYellingAtACat_meme.jpg
Absolutely. I mean, coming from a Browns fan I feel exactly the same if we ever stop being a dumpster fire (i.e. never).

But I had a Barry Sanders jersey when I was a kid and he remains my all-time favorite player. Calvin Johnson is my favorite receiver of all-time. I was so happy that Stafford won a superbowl even though he did it for another team, he'll always be a Lion to me. Anyway, I hope this season is the start of a new era for Detroit.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Seems likes there’s an objective about the injury people at bars feel the game should have kept playing. It’s interesting they’re treating this injury like a new thing.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Seems likes there’s an objective about the injury people at bars feel the game should have kept playing. It’s interesting they’re treating this injury like a new thing.
Those people are nuts. Under no circumstances should that game have continued. The coaches did the right thing by taking their teams off the field and into the locker rooms.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Wasn’t expecting too much out of the bucs this season, no gronk, new hc, actually thought Brady played well. Big fan of mike Evans, some people hate him. Should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom