• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL - Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Suspended 6 Games

HeySeuss

Unbelievable that he got 6 games for something that didn't happen. The chick wanted to get some of his NFL money and made up some shit to set herself up for a settlement. Even her friends were like "nah this bitch crazy". Text messages saying she's going to ruin his career if he didn't stay with her.

And the NFL suspended him for that but others get away with straight beating their girl? C'mon son

Cat Party

An OSU star who is also one of Jerruh's boys gets off without charges in Columbus, Ohio because some witnesses change their stories, and a bunch of you guys believe it at face value. Come on.

HeySeuss

An OSU star who is also one of Jerruh's boys gets off without charges in Columbus, Ohio because some witnesses change their stories, and a bunch of you guys believe it at face value. Come on.

Those charges were dropped before he even got drafted. It took all of about a week to figure out it was bullshit. Jerry had nothing to do with it

Instro

Yeah I think people should step back, and recall all of the issues that have been swept under the rug for NFL stars in the past. Beyond this particular problem, the dude already has several other incidents under his belt from just one year in the league.

Volimar

Unbelievable that he got 6 games for something that didn't happen. The chick wanted to get some of his NFL money and made up some shit to set herself up for a settlement. Even her friends were like "nah this bitch crazy". Text messages saying she's going to ruin his career if he didn't stay with her.

And the NFL suspended him for that but others get away with straight beating their girl? C'mon son

This. Zeke getting railed.

NFLPA is licking their chops
The NFLPA is a joke, yes they'll appeal it but the whole process shouldn't have been 100% in Goodell's hands in the first place.

The even more ridiculous point is that this will be negotiated and changed in the next agreement, with the league holding this a big chip they can use to get the players to give up even more when this shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

While the NHL always been locked out each time there is a new agreement is a fucking joke, at least their PA generally takes care of its players.

The NFL has the most money to go around but the players get shafted in so many areas.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
There's no way that anyone will discuss this within the confines of reality because "Dallas Cowboys" and "Jerruh's boy."

I thought the set-up of the DV accusations has been a matter of public record for... What, a year now?

If I'm missing something that the NFL sees, ok. This just seems like they're arbitrarily popping a big name because his name appeared in the same sentence as "domestic violence."

EDIT: NFL statement says they saw significant evidence. I hope they're turning that over to law enforcement?

Yeah I think people should step back, and recall all of the issues that have been swept under the rug for NFL stars in the past. Beyond this particular problem, the dude already has several other incidents under his belt from just one year in the league.

What several incidents? The only one that was fucked up was him pulling that girls shirt down and I'm in no way condoning what he did, that was disgusting, but as far as him walking into a shop that sells weed and partying at clubs, who the fuck cares.

StoopKid

What several incidents? The only one that was fucked up was him pulling that girls shirt down and I'm in no way condoning what he did, that was disgusting, but as far as him walking into a shop that sells weed and partying at clubs, who the fuck cares.

Espn just read 3 days of abuse in Columbus.

Werd

Didn't believe the 6 games when it was floated yesterday, wow. The handling of dscipline in the NFL seems absurd in general, and I don't understand why the investigation took over a year.... but Zeke was pretty much asking for something to come down as he continued making news in the wrong way this off-season. Still, six games based on the information I've read is out there. Sounds like more might be coming out now though.
14 games with less than 300 yards passing. 9 games with <= 1 passing TD.

You already know the answer. He's a game manager. Period.

So he performed the role he was asked to at a very high level (22:4 TD:Int, 8 yards per attempt), but because he wasn't the focal point of the offense in his rookie season that's now his career cap? His last game was 300 yards, 3 TDs in the playoffs! He's definitely still got some things to prove when he doesn't have as much around him offensively, but come on. The expectations of rookie QBs have been rising in recent years, but pretty sure they're not at 4500+ yards, 30+TDs yet.

vikki

Not even a fan, but it's bullshit. NFL punishing a player because they fucked up punishing other players in the past. Still, fuck goodell.

also keep in mind this was the NFL's standard. they said domestic violence first timers would get 6 games MINIMUM going forward.

im not saying it was justified either way yet, but to those wonder "how the hell is it SIX games", thats why

K-Gun

14 games with less than 300 yards passing. 9 games with <= 1 passing TD.

You already know the answer. He's a game manager. Period.

Dude ripped it in his only playoff game. Too small a sample size to call him the next big thing, too small a sample size to call him a game manager. Let it play out. Wilson was called a game manager as well, except he fucking isn't. Guy can rip it.

Did he ever get actually charged? If no, how can they suspend him?

You dont have to be charged with a crime to be suspended from work. The NFLPA has given complete control of suspensions to the League and they have basically said "if you even get mentioned in the same sentence as domestic battery, you get 6 games. Don't like it? Go work somewhere else." It's a completely shit system.

also keep in mind this was the NFL's standard. they said domestic violence first timers would get 6 games MINIMUM going forward.

im not saying it was justified either way yet, but to those wonder "how the hell is it SIX games", thats why

Didn't Josh Brown get 1? Am I remembering that wrong?

Draxal

1) he admitted to it
2) he's white
3) he's a kicker nobody knew about before he got caught up in dv
4) he got an extension this off season

But yeah, zeke is the guy who deserves the 6 game suspension

Looks like they got pictures for this, tbh shit did go down.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
On one hand, get fucked Cowboys

On the other hand, the league is hurting for new young offensive stars a bit what with all the elite quarterbacks getting up there in age and guys like Luck turning into the NFL's Derrick Rose. The league could lose Brees, Rivers, Eli, Big Ben, and Brady in just a few years. They need guys like Zeke to fill in that void.

lol, damn....it's hard being a Cowboys fan

Just when you get that "this might be the year" feeling....BOOM!

lol

We've got fans of like 20+ other teams who would like a word with you

Draxal

On one hand, get fucked Cowboys

On the other hand, the league is hurting for new young offensive stars a bit what with all the elite quarterbacks getting up there in age and guys like Luck turning into the NFL's Derrick Rose. The league could lose Brees, Rivers, Eli, Big Ben, and Brady in just a few years. They need guys like Zeke to fill in that void.

lol

We've got fans of like 20+ other teams who would like a word with you

Sam Darnold will save this league. Squicken gave NFL gaf permission to squicken imediately to whatever team drafts him.

Top Bottom