• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Lions traded #88 and the 5th rounder they got from the Denver trade yesterday to move up to #80.

I guess giving up one of our two fifth-rounders isn't the worst thing in the world. Makes me really curious of who they seem to think so highly of at this spot, though.

fake edit: Hm, cornerback...and from Stanford? I don't know a damn thing about him but man it sure seems like we're trying to put together an all-academic team this year.

... who in the fuck is Alex Carter

Stanford CB. Good size but the Lions bloggers I follow seem rather "meh" to "alright" on him. We'll see. I assumed they were targeting DT, with Davis and Bennett still on the board.

Ultimately we need someone to replace Mathis and I'm assuming that's the goal here. Still...I'd expect Mathis to start this year. Whereas I could see Bennett or Davis starting at DT this year for us.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So no QB, but the Jets get an edge rusher. Don't know anything about this kid. Anyone care to chime in here?

chadskin

So no QB, but the Jets get an edge rusher. Don't know anything about this kid. Anyone care to chime in here?

eallenjets: Jets get an OLB in Lorenzo Mauldin. Over the past 3 seasons, Louisville product totaled 20.5 sacks and 31.5 TFL for the Cards.

Doorman

Stanford CB. Good size but the Lions bloggers I follow seem rather "meh" to "alright" on him. We'll see. I assumed they were targeting DT, with Davis and Bennett still on the board.

Ultimately we need someone to replace Mathis and I'm assuming that's the goal here. Still...I'd expect Mathis to start this year. Whereas I could see Bennett or Davis starting at DT this year for us.

Definitely seems like more of a "for the future" than necessarily needing an immediate starter, but the thought of him transferring to safety does intrigue me a little bit. Ihedigbo was good last year, but aging, and I could see this being a little bit of a leverage play given that he's been holding out for contract extension talks. And if he doesn't move to safety, it never seems to hurt for us to have more CB depth. I'm not wowed by the pick, but I'm ok with it.

Wait a minute. We resigned Mathis??? Seriously

Syrinx

You really shouldn't be taking a QB at this point solely because you need one. If you see a potential franchise QB, do it; otherwise, don't waste your picks on guys you're not committed to.

Likewise. DT is the last big hole that needs filling.

Jarnet87

You really shouldn't be taking a QB at this point solely because you need one. If you see a potential franchise QB, do it; otherwise, don't waste your picks on guys you're not committed to.

I'm not a fan of drafting 2nd round and lower QBs. the vast majority of high 1st round QBs bust, its even harder hitting on a QB from the 2nd on. It's easy to see why teams do it with the desperate need for QBs.

MechDX

I'm not a fan of drafting 2nd round and lower QBs. the vast majority of high 1st round QBs bust, its even harder hitting on a QB from the 2nd on. It's easy to see why teams do it with the desperate need for QBs.

Exactly. And until you get a chance at "that guy" you build up your defense and o line

@cmonarrez 4m4 minutes ago

Mayhew: "I think he has some ability at safety, but he's definitely going to play corner for us when he gets here."

Sounds like this isn't leverage over Ihedigbo.

Hopefully Carter will be ready for prime time in his second season, like Slay was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom