• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.
l6beDAm.png

Welcome to the official OT for the 2015 NFL draft. It promises to be a fantastic draft full with trades, drama, laughter, crying and every other emotion you can imagine. Live from the beautiful city of Chicago for the first time in years, we will all be behind our televisions/computer to watch it all unfold before our eyes!

BK8n4vF.jpg

I need to see this, but when?!

Day 1: Round 1

Thursday, April 30 - 8:00pm-11:30pm Eastern time (10 minutes per pick)

Day 2: Round 2-3

Friday, May 1 - 7:00pm-10:00pm Eastern time (Round 2 - 7 minutes per pick, Round 3 - 5 minutes per pick)

Day 3: Rounds 4-7

Saturday, May 2 - 12:00pm - 7:00pm Eastern time (Rounds 4-6: 5 minutes per pick, Round 7 -- 4 minutes per pick)

uHHBhq5.jpg

Who picks where ?

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Titans
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars
  4. Oakland Raiders
  5. Washington Redskins
  6. New York Jets
  7. Chicago Bears
  8. Atlanta Falcons
  9. New York Giants
  10. St. Louis Rams
  11. Minnesota Vikings
  12. Cleveland Browns
  13. New Orleans Saints
  14. Miami Dolphins
  15. San Francisco 49ers
  16. Houston Texans
  17. San Diego Chargers
  18. Kansas City Chiefs
  19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo)
  20. Philadelphia Eagles
  21. Cincinnati Bengals
  22. Pittsburgh Steelers
  23. Detroit Lions
  24. Arizona Cardinals
  25. Carolina Panthers
  26. Baltimore Ravens
  27. Dallas Cowboys
  28. Denver Broncos
  29. Indianapolis Colts
  30. Green Bay Packers
  31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle)
  32. Super Bowl Champions New England Patriots

DWvvzw1.jpg

Wondering who your team might take? Have a look at a couple of mock drafts!
Walter Football
NFL.com
CBS

Feel like you can do better ?

Use the predict a pick machine on NFL.com and show us how it's done!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/242

Our predict the pick league for this year friends, the password is Gronkislife (with a capital G).

W5sxTFJ.jpg

Everything will be live streamed on Nfl.com

Sponsored by the Mariotta Sweepstakes!
Rm54i7f.png

JfpTnSn.png

19Az3Au.png

5b0kRiW.png

MoMTLk8.png

The 2015 NFL-GAF Mock Draft is CLOSED

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State.

Yes, there are some maturity questions with Jameis Winston and he is (probably) a rapist shit. But the simple fact of the matter is that the Bucs are absolutely desperate for a franchise QB and Winston seems to be the guy Licht and Lovie like most. Winston has a solid arm and reportedly has a football IQ that is off the charts, and was very impressive at both the combine and FSU's pro day.

He has every chance to become a great QB in this league. But the Bucs are taking a risk here by going with a guy with his baggage. However, when you need a QB as badly as the Bucs do, that baggage seems a lot more manageable.

2. Tennessee Titans - Leonard Williams, DT, USC

The Titans are confident that their young offense with Mettenberger at the helm will continue to grow with another year in the system and so will pass on the consensus second-best QB in the draft and select the best defensive player in the draft in Williams. The Titans' defense desperately needs a shake up and Williams will be a disruptive force along the defensive line which should help to improve the rest of the unit.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dante Fowler Jr, OLB/DE, Florida

I'm saying Dante Fowler for the Jags. A lot of hub-bub about that pick for them and they continue to need to address pass rush on their line. They've got their QB in Bortles. You could argue he needs weapons so a Cooper or White could go here but a premium pass rusher at #3 makes more sense for me.

4. Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

Outstanding work ethic with extremely polished route running skills for a college WR. Has the ability to make people miss after the catch. Has the ability to line up all over the field (Also been a knock on him because of Lame Kiffin's ability to get productively out of WRs). He had three years of productively in Alabama and should be able to step in and produce at a high level as a rookie.

5. Washington Redskins - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

Mariotta to DC for the lulz (and so Gruden can help ruin another young QB) but the real pick should probably be Vic Beasley to give the Skins a potentially elite edge rusher to pair with Ryan Kerrigan and replace the departed Brian Orakpo. It's not a need pick but taking someone at a position of need (CB, WR) at this point would probably be a reach with the 5th pick.

6. New York Jets - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

The Jets select Marcus Mariota. The Jets have had a productive off-season thus far, making moves to shore up weaknesses in the secondary by bringing back Revis and Cromartie and their receiver core with their pick-up of Brandon Marshall. Their one glaring weakness remains the QB position. Geno Smith has proven that he cannot reach a level of maintainable consistency, an issue Chan Gailey is unlikely to be able to rectify. Ryan Fitzpatrick, another off-season signing for the Jets, is not a long term solution but will hopefully be able to take reps while Mariota adjusts to life at the professional level. (Shadyspace)

7. Chicago Bears - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

With the 7th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Bears select WR Kevin White. Bears make the right choice by drafting BPA and not for need by reaching for Shane Ray, Dupree or Shelton. However, once again the Bears miss out by one pick yet again after Aaron Donald was picked right before them last year. Bears would have loved Mariota to sit behind Jay Cutler until Bears fans call for his head (so only a few games). White has the ability and talent to be a true #1 WR with elite speed to compliment Jeffrey after the Bears created a need trading Marshall. Bears have met with most of the first round WRs as well so I see this as a realistic choice.(minx88)

8. Atlanta Falcons - Alvin "Bud" Dupree, DE Kentucky

As a Falcons fan our immediate need is a pass rusher. I don't know much about college players but from what I've been hearing and based on who's left, I would guess we would pick either Ray or Dupree whichever one is the better rusher.

9. New York Giants - Danny Shelton, DT/NT Washington

Offensive line is a need and Brandon Sherff is who *I* want and the possibility of a tackle like La'El Collins or Andrus Peat were discussed but if Shelton is there at 9, I think Jerry Reese pounces. The Giants haven't had the ability to defend the run consistently since perhaps 2010. They hit big with Big Hank from Ohio who came on big time last year but next to him is an aging Cullen Jenkins, a second year player in Bromley who could develop and little else. They signed Kenrick Ellis to be a run stuffer but if you have the opportunity to bring in Shelton who has that high ceiling as both a run stuffer and possibly a pass rusher with development, you take it. Especially considering that Spags will constantly be rotating guys in and out of the line and showing different looks/stunts.

10. St. Louis Rams - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

I haven't followed the draft at all this year, but I can say for the Rams, they will take that top OL if he is still available. After that, all else being equal, they would take a corner since Cooper and White are gone

11. Minnesota Vikings - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

Bridgewater needs weapons and Parker is a familiar face that he can work with to add some much needed offense to Minnesota that may be in danger of losing AP at some point.

12. Cleveland Browns - Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

Alright jerks,

With the 12th pick the Browns of Cleve take Malcom Brown.

Versatile, talented, and fills a desperate need for the Browns. Helps stop the run game, and hopfully gives the Browns a dominant force along the defensive line. Plus the dudes last name is Brown.

13. New Orleans Saints - Shane Ray, OLB/DE, MIssouri

Im thinking a LB/DE.
they already have SJB who is a project.
Marcus is good but I'm pretty sure they will work on the front 7.

Shane Ray it is. I'm not sure I've seen him projected out of the top 10 in any mocks. He's available at 13 so it's a value and a need.

14. Miami Dolphins - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

With the top 3 WR's off the board the Dolphins address a major need by taking the first CB in the draft. With his great speed, fluid movement, and solid man to man coverage skills Waynes should be able to start out of the gate opposite Brent Grimes to help shore up Miami's thin secondary.

15. San Francisco 49ers - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

Once again the 49ers find themselves losing two veteran defensive backs, it only makes sense to take Marcus Peters at this spot.Peters is big, physical, strong, and has good make up speed for a corner his size, he has long arms and can fight for the ball very well. the 49ers have shown we don't shy away from taking guys with character issues. #SingCanFixEm, I mean #BaalkeCanFixEm #WinningWithClass

16. Houston Texans - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

With Foster's lingering soft tissue issues and the Texans ability to release him after this season with minimal cap hit they look towards the future. With no franchise QB set they will run the ball a lot and draft what most are saying is a special player. Gurley is regarded as a student of the game with great enthusiasm to play. A trait that will endear him to Bill O'Brien.

17. San Diego Chargers - Andrus Peat, OT Standford

Chargers have big holes in front 7 but they'd definitely go OT here, especially since a lot have not been picked in our mock
I'd go Peat. Better pass pro for an immobile Rivers.

18. Kansas City Chiefs - La'el Collins, OT LSU

This pick was made after a long and thought out process and after Chuckddd said he would slap a bitch if the pick was not made promptly

19. Cleveland Browns (from Buffalo) -BRESHAD PERRIMAN, WR, UCF

Thought the Browns weren't gonna go crazy this year in the 1st round after that 1st pick, did ya? Well, since the Browns' original target got snatched right before them with Collins going to the Chiefs, and the Browns unwilling to part ways with several draft picks to move up one spot after the Trent Truck fiasco, they go raw talent and upside with this freak of nature (also the OT pool is pretty deep). After not having drafted a WR in the first round since Braylon Edwards, this pick provides a legitimate deep threat after Gordon seemingly decided to throw his career and life away. With veterans Hartline and Bowe having signed recently aswell, suddenly this receiving corps could become a legitimate threat to defenses. With the right guidance, this kid could become something really special, at least that's what the Browns will be hoping for. 6'2, 212 lbs. 4.25 40 (because the euro requested it)

20. Philadelphia Eagles - Byron Jones, CB, UConn

Jones combines good size and freakish athleticism with sound technique and tops it off by being a high character guy. That ticks all the Chip Kelly boxes so the Eagles are thrilled to scoop him up and add him to a secondary that consists of Byron Maxwell, Brandon Boykin and Malcolm Jenkins. What was once the biggest weakness on the team is now a strength

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Ereck Flowers OT , Miami

Dalton needs someone to protect him while he loses another playoff game.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

We need some help in the secondary and while Kevin Johnson is probably the current safer pick if we can mold Jalen and teach him some technique then should turn out good maybe idk. But this is it.

23. Detroit Lions - D.J Humphries, OT, Florida

This is a tough call. There's two big needs for Detroit: DT and OT. But the Lions have been making a buzz about moving Reiff back to RT, so they need someone on the left that can keep their (overpriced) QB upright and make the screen game work for Bell and presumably Tevin Coleman. Humphries has a history of injuries but he's the BPA at a position of need. That's usually how Detroit drafts.

24. Arizona Cardinals - Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska

Considered by some pundits to be a top 5 pick in this year's draft and most others a top 10, this is outstanding value for one of the better prospect rushers in the draft and one with lots of upside and room for growth. The Cardinals have successfully managed both Michael Floyd and Tyrann Mathieu after their problems with alcohol and weed, respectfully and so Gregory's pot issues are less of a concern here with the type of role models and coaching staff present to ensure he doesn't take a misstep. The kid has explosive hips, speedy hands and multiple gears he can shift into to go after the QB or catch receivers that try to break away in the backfield. He hits the line hard with much aggression and continues to develop his rushing skills each season. He has all the tools to turn into a premier pass rusher in this league under the tutelage of the plethora of talented coaches that fall under Arians staff.

25. Carolina Panthers - Landon Collins, SS, Alabama

Rather than reach for more dire needs, Gettleman takes the best player left on the board overall. Collins brings a physical, aggressive presence to the defensive secondary that will thrive in Sean McDermott's schemes. Collins has the physical tools and the instincts to be a reliable run-stopper and open field tackler from day 1, and has improved in pass coverage as well. Ultimately adding Collins represents great value at 25, and will bolster the young Legion of Whom for many years to come.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

Ravens don't have a great history of taking wide receivers in the first round (Travis Taylor, Mark Clayton), but Jaelen Strong will be the pick. Torrey Smith is gone and Strong won't replace him as a burner, but he'll fill in the need the Ravens have at wide receiver. He's not the fastest, but either was Anquan Boldin. Strong has the physical tools to be Boldin, and versatility to move all over the field. If he can polish up some of his route running skills, with his size and strength, he would make a great #1. If only the Ravens had a competent QB to get him the ball.

27. Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Johnson CB, Wake Forest.

The Cowboys have uncertainty at cornerback despite heavy investment in the position. Both Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne have been disappointments and in the case of Claiborne, the Cowboys would feel lucky to get any production out of him at all. This is where Kevin Johnson can help address an obvious need. Johnson possesses above average height for the position, has great length, athleticism, and natural cover skills. He has a smooth pedal, is great at anticipating routes, reading and reacting, and excellent plant and drive explosiveness to close on the ball. Has experience in press, off-man, and playing zone coverage. He is a great fit for the Cowboys and what they like to run.

28. Denver Broncos - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

Seeking to shore up Peyton Manning's protection in the twilight of his career, the Broncos add Fisher to the o-line. Fisher is an athletic and skilled big man, and is versatile enough to man either side of the line, as well as play guard. Gary Kubiak's ZBS will play well to Fisher's strengths as a blocker.

29. Indianapolis Colts - Cameron Erving, C, Florida State

Protect Luck, and build the run game. This is the mindset behind this pick, no other way of putting it. After going most of last season with scrubs at Center, his might be just what the Colts need to end all the makeshift line problems that plagued them all throughout Luck's career. Colts have to limit the amount of times their best player is hit and save him from himself. Erving has good strength and quickness in his game to go along with his unique size for a C. He can also be put at guard if the situation calls for it, and would add the athleticism and push that the O-line desperately needs.

30. Green Bay Packers - Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon

The Packers' front 7 was a mess last year. They were undersized across the board, in part due to a defensive roster whose (only) strengths were edge rushers and defensive backs. Teams that were determined to run on them would wear them down, and a mediocre defense would turn into swiss cheese in the 4th quarter.

Armstead would help. He's unpolished, and the Packers have had miserable luck with early-round defensive lineman, but his raw ability and length (6'7!) are too much to ignore for a team that's consciously trying to get bigger up front on defense. Across from Mike Daniels, who's turned into an excellent interior rusher, he'd provide an immediate impact, NFL growing pains or not.

31. New Orleans Saints (from Seattle) - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Mizzou/OU

It's a bonus first round pick anyway and it's not like Graham was a good dude. He has the size and speed. DGB is a wide receiver. 6'5" and runs a sub 4.50 forty. He got in a lot of trouble whilst attending college, but has the skill set and the physical tools to become a number 1 wide receiver. The only question is if he will turn into a Josh Gordon like idiot or actually can stay in the league longer than 2 years.

32. New England Patriots - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State University

The big bodied nose tackle would be charged to fill the huge gap left by Vince Wilfork. With excellent run-stuffing ability and the strength and size to take up double teams in the middle in the pass rush, the Patriots would have their big nose tackle of the future. Line him up with last year's red-shirted first rounder Dominique Easley, Chandler Jones and the newly acquired Jabal Sheard and the best linebacker core in the league. With this pick the Patriots might be able to compensate for the loss of Darelle Revis and Brandon Browner by making the front seven their strength.

Rules:

1. You and your group should come to a consensus on who you genuinely think your team would take. Not who you want.
2. No trades.
3. Each person/group has a 4 hour limit to make their pick. If the pick is not in within that 4 hour time limit, then the remaining NFL-GAF members will make a consensus pick. If no consensus is made, I will make the pick as the person running the draft.
4. Each pick should be accompanied with a short synopsis of why the pick was made. Don't write a book. Just tell me why.
5. Your pick can be PM'd to me directly and I will add it. That can be done before your on the clock. If you don't think you'll be here. You can send me your top three choices as your time draws near. You don't have to post it in the thread if you're going to be away.

NFL-GAF Mock, because Dutch forgot it.

jakncoke

Banned
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

We need some help in the secondary and while Kevin Johnson is probably the current safer pick if we can mold Jalen and teach him some technique then should turn out good maybe idk. But this is it.

oops.gif

ShaneB

Was wondering when a draft thread would show up.

Draft will be fun, nice reminder that while the QB gets all the attention, football is a team sport with a hell of a lot of moving parts. Not even having the greatest quarterback of all time in the history of the universe can save a team from an epic collapse in a championship game, takes a full team to win, and the Draft is where it all begins.

I don’t expect any craziness from the Chiefs, but that pick at 18 still feels pretty confusing as to what can happen. Plenty of the mock drafts have been all over the board position wise.

Caps/Rangers game 1 on Thursday night, so I guess I’ll just have to stream the draft.

Sulik2

Winston will be out of the league in three years. I can't wait to see how the Lions screw up their draft again.

I know the scouts love Winston but I am not a believer. Mariotta has potential but needs time. Overall this draft is pretty weak, not that excited for it.

If Scherff drops to #11, I'm going to be pissed if the Vikes don't grab him.
They need to beef that line for Teddy (and Adrian, lulz).

I feel like Spielman is going to move down for more picks, though.
Slick Rick is always trying to pull something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cowboys draft Todd Gurley...

I know he won't slide that far but I can hope.

He wouldn't get past Detroit at 23. He won't get past San Diego at 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom