• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

All aboard the Algohor train!! Choo Choo biiiiiiiitch!

Just a quick reminder NFL GAF is NOT a cesspool. We are a misunderstood and insular bunch but not a cesspool.

After tomorrow I'm going to feel bad for all the teams that dont have a franchise QB. You aint winning shit in the NFL without a top tier QB nowadays. Us Bucs fans wont have to worry about that anymore though!

cdyhybrid

Disrespect is already happening

image.php

Flavius

Fowler or Williams makes sense for my poor (yet, finally improving Jaguars) at #3...

Which is why they'll do the same thing they did last year and overreach to grab a #1 WR or RB, and take Gurley or Cooper. I'd take either, but knew they were talking horseshit about being able to select best available after free agency.

Hello friends, I'm here to fight ignorance and disrespect. Long post incoming 👿

On Mariota trade: Browns are interested, but they don't want to sell the farm. They know there's other needs also. If it came down to just 12 and 19 then hell id run to the podium. You still have your 2nd to pick up a wr or run stopper, or pass rusher.

Browns are interested and they should be, but in the end it'll come down to cost, they won't pay a kings ransom. Personally think if he hits the 4-6 range that's when we might see real movement from us. Unless the Titans get desperate and take a lesser deal from us

I'm a manziel fan but he gave nothing to be happy about last season, plus package on the rehab after the events last season. I'm still a fan, but do I trust him for anything at this point? No.

Who cares if the front office goes back to back years of 1st round qbs. If Mariota works out no one will even remember or care. If the front office feels they made a mistake with manziel then so be it, right it now. Not big on most the qbs next year right now.

Mariota trade up isn't my personably my number one scenario for the Browns but if it happens so be it, I like him. Say we gave up 3 picks for him this year, that's still 7 left to build the roster.

Ideally I'd like to grab one of the top 3 wrs, trade up a couple picks if need be. Depending who's at 19 trade down and get a possible run stopper in a Eddie Goldman or someone else.

With 10 picks well move around regardless.

Ridicule me you sloots

cajunator

Banned
Going to miss the entire first round due to an exam.

Which is fine, because let's face it, outside of the Mariota sweepstakes, this is going to be boring as all fuck.

Honestly, I think it will be pretty boring other than the top 5.
Unless one of the top QBs starts to slide then it will be entertainnig. but I chose to put my entertainment in Avengers at that time.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Looking back on that mock draft, I honestly see Packers taking La'el Collins or another stud CB in the first round. There is bound to be value in the 2nd and 3rd picks for DE and ILB, but CB is a position that needs to be addressed (IMO) ASAP.

Cagey

Banned
Would very much like to see the Giants trade down into the high teens low 20s, grab some extra picks, and select Odighizuwa.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Report: Lions exploring prospect of trading down

A playoff team from a season ago reportedly has some interest in dealing out of its spot in the final 10 picks of Round One.

The Lions have reached out to clubs about potentially trading back from the No. 23 overall pick, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reports.

Detroit has six draft choices. The club lacks a selection in Round Four after dealing it to Baltimore for defensive tackle Haloti Ngata.

Supply and demand could tell the tale on whether Detroit can make a move backwards in the draft order. The No. 23 spot could be attractive to clubs worried about teams picking from Nos. 24-32 snapping up a prospect who has slid unexpectedly.

The Lions made a pair of trades in the 2014 draft, trading up for linebacker Kyle Van Noy in Round Two and trading back in Round Five, picking up defensive tackle Caraun Reid (fifth round) and kicker Nate Freese (seventh round).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/report-lions-exploring-prospect-of-trading-down/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

On Mariota trade: Browns are interested, but they don't want to sell the farm. They know there's other needs also. If it came down to just 12 and 19 then hell id run to the podium. You still have your 2nd to pick up a wr or run stopper, or pass rusher.

Browns are interested and they should be, but in the end it'll come down to cost, they won't pay a kings ransom. Personally think if he hits the 4-6 range that's when we might see real movement from us. Unless the Titans get desperate and take a lesser deal from us

I'm a manziel fan but he gave nothing to be happy about last season, plus package on the rehab after the events last season. I'm still a fan, but do I trust him for anything at this point? No.

Who cares if the front office goes back to back years of 1st round qbs. If Mariota works out no one will even remember or care. If the front office feels they made a mistake with manziel then so be it, right it now. Not big on most the qbs next year right now.

Mariota trade up isn't my personably my number one scenario for the Browns but if it happens so be it, I like him. Say we gave up 3 picks for him this year, that's still 7 left to build the roster.

Ideally I'd like to grab one of the top 3 wrs, trade up a couple picks if need me. Depending who's at 19 trade down and get a possible run stopper in a Eddie Goldman or someone else.

Ridicule me you sloots

Seriously, the Browns should move up and take Kevin White. The Browns are the Browns, though, so they'll move up and take Mariota.

Bonus scenario: The Steelers would be happy to swap picks so the Browns can move to 22 (their magic spot) and draft Brett Hundley.

gutshot

Is he just trading every asset of value to move up?

With Boykin it is a measurables thing. They think he is too short to be a starting CB in this league.

With Kendricks I think it is a by-product of acquiring Kiko and that they don't fully trust him to be the brains of the defense. When DeMeco went down they gave the responsibility for the defensive calls to Casey Matthews, not Kendricks. That says a lot.

The fact that both of these guys are young, cheap and talented means they could potentially get a generous return on guys they don't feel fit with the team they are trying to build anyway. If they can use them to move up and get Mariota, they certainly will. Even if that doesn't happen, I expect one or both will get traded before the start of camp.

Just a quick heads-up the Shirtless Fantasy Football league might have some spots opening up for next season.

So if anybody wants to join, let me know and make sure you play along in the Predict the Pick game on NFL.com (link in the OP), since we use it to determine our draft order!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Ideally I'd like to grab one of the top 3 wrs, trade up a couple picks if need be. Depending who's at 19 trade down and get a possible run stopper in a Eddie Goldman or someone else.

Ridicule me you sloots

thats-good.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Which team drafts Melvin Gordon?

I hope the Lions do. I really don't know what Martin Mayhews (Lions GM) thinking is on Gordon though. I don't think we interviewed him but Gordon is IMO the best RB in this draft and a special player.

He'll be an impact RB on day one. Either way if we end up trading down I think we'll end up taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom