• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleuin

Literally every WR we've drafted in the first 3 rounds under Ted has been stellar.

Relax.
I'm sure he'll be great with aaron throwing him the ball but
Extremely suspect hands with 16 drops and three fumbles over his last three seasons.
don't think he'll earn much trust if he keeps this up

Seems he got drafted to be our return man but again, just think we have bigger needs

Enron

Banned
Stephen just said he was the best player on their board. I am assuming that doesn't include players that were put in a box because of injuries/off-field issues.

Fuckin' barf. From what i read dude was a 4th-5th round grade. Not liking our draft at all. OK pick in the 1st, dude who is going to crazy himself out of the league in the 2nd, and a reach for a position that's not a glaring need in the 3rd. Yep, feels like a Dallas draft alright.

Farooq

Banned
Fuckin' barf. From what i read dude was a 4th-5th round grade. Not liking our draft at all. OK pick in the 1st, dude who is going to crazy himself out of the league in the 2nd, and a reach for a position that's not a glaring need in the 3rd. Yep, feels like a Dallas draft alright.

I think you are being a little too harsh. First, Chaz Green is a top 100 player, he got knocked to the later rounds because of his durability issues. I also think you are underselling the need at swing. When Free went down, this team was fortunate to have Parnell and not have a significant drop off. Second, the Cowboys have invested a lot of assets developing a support system for their players. Gregory seems to have bonded with Marinelli when he visited, and Gregroy feels like Marinelli is a coach that will get the best out of him (he said as much in his interviews). The Cowboys know they will need to have the right environment around him to succeed. I expect there to be growing pains, (like there were with Dez), but hopefully the continued support will pay off like it did with Dez.

The Cowboys had 18 players with first round grades, they got two of them with their first two picks, late picks too. At the end of the day this team got a lot better. They picked up two players that are ready to contribute day 1 and another that will provide quality depth. This was a great draft imo.

Tartt and Harold..special teams?

Please make it stop...I'm ok if Mel Kiper Jr. finishes the draft for us at this point..

im not even really mad we didn't draft receiver or something (i actually think we have the best receiving group that we've had in over 15 years from top to bottom) but i would have preferred CB, G, MLB, T in that order.

i dont like armstead but i wasn't again drafting d-line, especially if mangini is going to use more of a rotation than fangio did (when our starting DL was playing like 95% of the snaps). i don't know. i try not to get too high or too low on draft picks. depth is never a bad thing but i feel like we haven't gotten many immediate impact players in the first few rounds the past few years:

AJ Jenkins
Lemichael James
Vance Mcdonald
Tank Carradine
Jimmie Ward
Eric Reid

those are our 1st and 2nd round picks from the past 3 years and who has come in and made an immediate impact in that group? only reid. all the others either didn't play or played and were garbage. you can't keep striking out early in the draft and hope to stay competitive in this league

I'm sure he'll be great with aaron throwing him the ball but
don't think he'll earn much trust if he keeps this up

Seems he got drafted to be our return man but again, just think we have bigger needs
Watching a bit of his film, I'm not really worried about his hands.

Enron

Banned
I think you are being a little too harsh. First, Chaz Green is a top 100 player, he got knocked to the later rounds because of his durability issues. I also think you are underselling the need at swing. When Free went down, this team was fortunate to have Parnell and not have a significant drop off. Second, the Cowboys have invested a lot of assets developing a support system for their players. Gregory seems to have bonded with Marinelli when he visited, and Gregroy feels like Marinelli is a coach that will get the best out of him (he said as much in his interviews). The Cowboys know they will need to have the right environment around him to succeed. I expect there to be growing pains, (like there were with Dez), but hopefully the continued support will pay off like it did with Dez.

The Cowboys had 18 players with first round grades, they got two of them with their first two picks, late picks too. At the end of the day this team got a lot better. They picked up two players that are ready to contribute day 1 and another that will provide quality depth. This was a great draft imo.

I couldn't disagree more.

Dez Bryant didn't have the same kinds of problems Gregory does.

Gregory has some Alonzo Spellman mental health shit going on. Teams that have interviewed him all of a sudden remove him from their draft boards and won't say what's wrong with him other than "he's not a bad kid - his issues are no fault of his own, etc". Yeah. HUGE red flag for mental health concerns. I am convinced this dude is going to bust out of the league in 3 seasons max. He can't even stop smoking weed for all of two minutes when he had the most important interviews OF HIS LIFE coming up...Chaz Green by most accounts was a 4th/5th round grade because of injury issues which im sure aren't just going to magically go away. In the end, instead of drafting more usable players, the Dallas front office decided to 'Fukkin YOLO lol' their 2nd and 3rd round picks. If they are lucky Chaz becomes a quality backup but as far as I'm concerned they might as well have just lit their 2nd pick on fire.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just caught up on the Packers' picks. Ted Thompson must be going senile. No way this man took another CB and WR when we needed ILB. I can't even begin to fathom what the hell is going on in that draft room.

I'm going to give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt on the Chaz Green pick considering the recent success we've had drafting O linemen. People were laughing at the Frederic pick too

im not even really mad we didn't draft receiver or something (i actually think we have the best receiving group that we've had in over 15 years from top to bottom) but i would have preferred CB, G, MLB, T in that order.

i dont like armstead but i wasn't again drafting d-line, especially if mangini is going to use more of a rotation than fangio did (when our starting DL was playing like 95% of the snaps). i don't know. i try not to get too high or too low on draft picks. depth is never a bad thing but i feel like we haven't gotten many immediate impact players in the first few rounds the past few years:

AJ Jenkins
Lemichael James
Vance Mcdonald
Tank Carradine
Jimmie Ward
Eric Reid

those are our 1st and 2nd round picks from the past 3 years and who has come in and made an immediate impact in that group? only reid. all the others either didn't play or played and were garbage. you can't keep striking out early in the draft and hope to stay competitive in this league

I'm ok with him not taking a DB in the first round either since a really good pass rush is a more impactful way to improve your pass defense. My biggest problem with the Armstead pick is that as you say...he's not an immediate contributor.. He's projected as a developmental pick.

Farooq

Banned

Gregory has some Alonzo Spellman mental health shit going on. Teams that have interviewed him all of a sudden remove him from their draft boards and won't say what's wrong with him other than "he's not a bad kid - his issues are no fault of his own, etc". Yeah. HUGE red flag for mental health concerns. I am convinced this dude is going to bust out of the league in 3 seasons max. He can't even stop smoking weed for all of two minutes when he had the most important interviews OF HIS LIFE coming up...Chaz Green by most accounts was a 4th/5th round grade because of injury issues which im sure aren't just going to magically go away. In the end, instead of drafting more usable players, the Dallas front office decided to 'Fukkin YOLO lol' their 2nd and 3rd round picks. If they are lucky Chaz becomes a quality backup but as far as I'm concerned they might as well have just lit their 2nd pick on fire.

I don't know, maybe I am drinking too much of the kool-aid to think about this objectively. Gregory's red-flags are concerning, especially if there are mental health issues at play. I just fucking love his get off especially when he is anticipating the cadence. Would really suck if his talent was wasted.

bender

What time is it?

Given the recent history of drafting corners in the first round, I'm most concerned with the first round pick. Jones seems to have a good head on his shoulders which was a huge problem with Mo.

Conversely, I have faith in the Mcclay's ability to pick offensive linemen. Injuries are a concern but he will not be counted on to be a 16 game starter out of the gate. You need depth at tackle with Parnell gone. Everyone said Fredrick was a huge reach too and that turned out pretty well. I wouldn't treat what draft experts say as gospel.

I'm somewhere in the middle with Gregory. For his talent level, a late 2nd round pick is probably worth the risk. I listened to some of the local media interviews and he was very articulate and seemed...normal which makes me wonder why so many teams passed on him and has me worried.

Amari Cooper looks thrilled to be with the Raiders!

1233501808224834120.jpg

That's just Cooper. At his press conference yesterday Cooper was asked a long question about his serious demeanor. Answered it with one word: "Exactly." Also, according to Ian Rapoport, he wanted to go to the Raiders:

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet That’s funny. It’s where he wanted to go RT @Deadspin: Amari Cooper looks really happy to be on the Raiders: http://deadsp.in/Gv2X3Yu

Gv2X3Yu

ryan-ts

Just caught up on the Packers' picks. Ted Thompson must be going senile. No way this man took another CB and WR when we needed ILB. I can't even begin to fathom what the hell is going on in that draft room.

It's gonna be okay. Ted said that he intends to address the position sometime today
hopefully that doesn't mean UDFA
. In the 4th round, Mike Hull might be an option.

jakncoke

Banned
Which RB's are left now? At this point I think Dallas should trade for Zac Stacy. He looked good in 2013 and should come cheap.

Jay Ajayi Boise St
David Cobb Minnesota
Mike Davis South Carolina
Jeremy Langford Michigan St
Javorious Allen USC
Cameron Artis-Payne South Carolina
Josh Robinson Mississippi State

My day 3 wishlist for the Jaguars is:

WR Rashad Greene FSU
CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu Oregon
LB Kyle Emanuel North Dakota State
DT Michael Bennett Ohio State

Pop

Jay Ajayi Boise St
David Cobb Minnesota
Mike Davis South Carolina
Jeremy Langford Michigan St
Javorious Allen USC
Cameron Artis-Payne South Carolina
Josh Robinson Mississippi State

Dallas has to be getting a RB in the 4th.

Jarnet87

On Paper I love what the Bucs have done so far in the draft. We can argue over whether we should have taken Winston over Mariota, or Fisher over Smith, but at the end of the day were filling positions that were huge needs as well as talent upgrades.

effzee

There were some rumors before the draft that Eagles might trade ILB Kendricks at some point since they have a log jam with Demeco Ryans and newly acquired Kiko Alonso. They also just drafted another ILB who most are calling a Kendricks clone.

Also there was a rumor of Kendricks to Packers in a trade. Wouldn't shock me at all if at some point he ends up on the packers for a pick next draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom