• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slythe

He is going to drop to the Eagles.

If he makes it to 9 I can confirm the Bengals will trip over themselves running to the podium. Local guys here said the team has such a high grade on him that they would rebuild their offense around him and ask less of Andy Dalton. Marvin loves these types of backs and has wanted to get back to run first. We just don't have the RB to do it since Jay/Hue took our offense in a more pass first, run from shotgun direction.

LionPride

Banned
I swear to Christ if Mitchell fucking Tribusky is the first QB off the board I hope whatever team drafts him suffers for years

linkboy

Man if Cleveland passes on Garrett AND San Fran manages to as well? As a depressed Bears fan I would love to have him.

I'll probably throw something at my TV if the 49ers pass him. They haven't been able to generate a pass rush since halfway through Aldon Smith's second season (before he went full on stupid).

Hindl

Stay strong through the fuckery BG

He is going to drop to the Eagles.

Fournette is a weird case where I agree with something a beat writer said. I wouldn't necessarily choose him if he dropped to the Eagles, but I'd be happy if the Eagles did. I wouldn't choose him because he basically requires the team drafting him to tailor their scheme to him, and that scheme is pretty much the exact opposite of what the Eagles run. But if the Eagles did draft him, that signals to me that Pederson, Reich, and the rest are willing to modify their scheme to take advantage of his game

My dream Seahawks draft rnd 1-3a: Garrett Bolles, Budda Baker, Sidney Jones. If we could get Obi Melifonwu somehow as well we would be stocked for the future.

I would like to officially apologize to all Cleveland Browns and New York Jets fans for your sudden, but inevitable, failures in the draft

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Packers gonna draft TJ Watt Greg! We can be Watt Bros!

watt-brothers.jpg

Bread could be the 3rd but his Chargers left The Dieg

Come home TJ

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Used to get hyped for this, but then realized I bought into the marketing blitz.

Now I'll just check who my team gets on their website for 5 secs and go about my day.

Not sure how others feel.

Lenz44

Banned
Used to get hyped for this, but then realized I bought into the marketing blitz.

Now I'll just check who my team gets on their website for 5 secs and go about my day.

I enjoy it still. I think it was better Saturday and Sunday, as it was non stop football talk all day for two days. Hell, I took today and tomorrow off of work for no other reason than the draft.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

I like the draft. Its fun. Everyone is hopeful that their picks are the tickets back to glory...even though most of them aren't :p

effzee

Stay strong through the fuckery BG

Fournette is a weird case where I agree with something a beat writer said. I wouldn't necessarily choose him if he dropped to the Eagles, but I'd be happy if the Eagles did. I wouldn't choose him because he basically requires the team drafting him to tailor their scheme to him, and that scheme is pretty much the exact opposite of what the Eagles run. But if the Eagles did draft him, that signals to me that Pederson, Reich, and the rest are willing to modify their scheme to take advantage of his game

Which is why it will never happen. Reid had shown, and Pederson will be no different, complete lack of flexibility when it came to modifying his offense. Bad WRS, great RB, and great OLINE? Nah go out there and throw 60 times Donovan!

I still contend had the Eagles taken Steven Jackson in 04 instead of Shawn Andrews (ughhh) they would have won 1-2 SBs with that core. Of course to take Steven Jackson, the Eagles would have had to run a power run game and get out of the wacky west coast shit Reid ran.

I'm more interested in the draft than I am the NBA or NHL playoffs. I just love the analysis and strategy behind it. It's so fun Geeky, but fun.

effzee

Football is far and away my favorite sport so I love it!

I recognize more than 50% of the 1st round will be busts or below average players with 3-5 year careers at best. I recognize so much if just media built up and hype but its Football in April, every team not named the Jets, Browns, or the Jags is dreaming of a great season so whatever its fun!

I just got a text from the guys that I have my Eagles season tickets with, like 7 of them are down at the draft now getting ready for tonight. I am so fucking jealous.

Tom Nook

I'm excited about my teams' picks. (Thomas, Allen, Adams, or maybe Garrett if Browns decides to go QB)

What I'm looking forward to is the reactions of the crowds when a team picks a player. The camera would pan to the crowd from the team's city. NY Jets crowds get upset no matter who the Jets pick. LOL.

Hindl

Which is why it will never happen. Reid had shown, and Pederson will be no different, complete lack of flexibility when it came to modifying his offense. Bad WRS, great RB, and great OLINE? Nah go out there and throw 60 times Donovan!

I still contend had the Eagles taken Steven Jackson in 04 instead of Shawn Andrews (ughhh) they would have won 1-2 SBs with that core. Of course to take Steven Jackson, the Eagles would have had to run a power run game and get out of the wacky west coast shit Reid ran.

I mean, a lot of those throws were just screens and dump offs to the RBs that basically acted as a run. And if you don't have WRs, you kinda have to do that because other teams can just stack the box against runs. And for most of those early seasons McNabb was averaging 30 throws a game which is pretty normal. Plus you can criticize it, but that game plan got the Eagles to 5 straight NFC Championship games. If they just ran it all day, a) they wouldn't have been using Westbrook's strengths, and b) they wouldn't have been as effective. The system worked, the talent just wasn't enough to get over the hill

gutshot

I mean, a lot of those throws were just screens and dump offs to the RBs that basically acted as a run. And if you don't have WRs, you kinda have to do that because other teams can just stack the box against runs. And for most of those early seasons McNabb was averaging 30 throws a game which is pretty normal. Plus you can criticize it, but that game plan got the Eagles to 5 straight NFC Championship games. If they just ran it all day, a) they wouldn't have been using Westbrook's strengths, and b) they wouldn't have been as effective. The system worked, the talent just wasn't enough to get over the hill

Also, the Pats cheated.

effzee

My point is they actively avoided addressing the WR position until one year they finally signed TO and then late in his career, they brought in DJAX and Maclin. It is no surpise McNabb's best years (statistically) were when he had good to great WRs. The years with Thrash? Curtis? Pinkston? Na Brown? Fred X? Torrence Small?

Not so much.

And just like they avoided the WRs, Reid preferred guys like Westbrook over the Duce Staley type bruiser RB. Go back to the 04 draft, they take Jackson, and he runs for 15-20 carries with Westbrook supplementing and they win the SB.

Hindl

Also, the Pats cheated.

Well duh I figured that was understood

My point is they actively avoided addressing the WR position until one year they finally signed TO and then late in his career, they brought in DJAX and Maclin. It is no surpise McNabb's best years (statistically) were when he had good to great WRs. The years with Thrash? Curtis? Pinkston? Na Brown? Fred X? Torrence Small?

Not so much.

And just like they avoided the WRs, Reid preferred guys like Westbrook over the Duce Staley type bruiser RB. Go back to the 04 draft, they take Jackson, and he runs for 15-20 carries with Westbrook supplementing and they win the SB.

Oh yeah totally, give McNabb a decent WR and that whole offense ran amazingly well. I agree completely, but that's really something you put on the GM for not addressing it. Reid did well with what he had, I don't think you can criticize the scheme giving what he was working with. Although yes, Jackson over Andrews would've been much preferred

Bread

Banned
I have to apologize to my fellow Cleve, I will not be able to make the draft tonight. Please remember my advice.

"Draft Myles My, and don't do anything Khaleesi wouldn't do."

Oozer3993

A homeless man convinced The Felonious Jimmy Haslem to take Johnny
Sucks At
Football. What unlikely source will he thank for taking Trubisky this time? My guess: he sees some one on Twitter quote "unleash the fury Mitch" from the movie Road Trip.

effzee

Well duh I figured that was understood

Oh yeah totally, give McNabb a decent WR and that whole offense ran amazingly well. I agree completely, but that's really something you put on the GM for not addressing it. Reid did well with what he had, I don't think you can criticize the scheme giving what he was working with. Although yes, Jackson over Andrews would've been much preferred

By 2002 and then on, Reid was pretty much making decisions with the FO. There was no real division. I do blame him.

Even after the TO fiasco, they went back to the likes of Kevin Curtis, Greg Lewis, and horrible picks like Reggie Brown.

Hindl

I have to apologize to my fellow Cleve, I will not be able to make the draft tonight. Please remember my advice.

"Draft Myles My, and don't do anything Khaleesi wouldn't do."

Khaleesi would trade the #1 pick for Jimmy G though

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets have a million holes to fill so they can't go wrong??

Expect them to take fournette which would be such a shrug pick. Have never really been impressed by him, he was clearly the second best back on his own team last year

MechDX

Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 12s12 seconds ago
More
#Bills going defense at 10 seems to be the consensus right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom