• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys I know I need to boo the Pats and the Cowboys, but who else should I boo? Everyone, you say? Done!

Anyone joining me and Bronson at the draft tonight?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Jets have a million holes to fill so they can't go wrong??

Expect them to take fournette which would be such a shrug pick. Have never really been impressed by him, he was clearly the second best back on his own team last year

Lol, Guice is really good, but nah. Fournette was never 100% last year due to his ankle.

effzee

I know ESPN FIRST TAKE SAS all suck but they had great segments on the draft with McNabb.

I agree with McNabb that if Adams or Foster drop to them, they have to take them over any of the offensive talent still on the board.

shandy706

I swear to god Buffalo if you ruin another Clemson player's career right off the bat

I don't want Watson going to Cleveland either....please don't go there. He's an incredible talent, a great guy, and has tons of potential. I want him to go somewhere that doesn't suck.

I'd love to see him play for the Texans (even though I'm not a fan)....and I'd even be happy if Carolina tossed Cam Newton and got him, lol.

Matticers

Come on, Giants. Don't make me want to throw a remote tonight.

Guys I wouldn't mind seeing them draft:

Howard
Njoku
McCaffrey
Lamp
Jarrad Davis
Reddick
Cook
Maybe Foster
Maybe Engram
Maybe Ramczyk
Maybe Robinson

Remote throwers:

Any QB
Bolles
Cunningham
Peppers

Please, Giants. Don't make me break any remotes. That's a nice list of players to choose from compared to the remote throwers.

Hindl

I know ESPN FIRST TAKE SAS all suck but they had great segments on the draft with McNabb.

I agree with McNabb that if Adams or Foster drop to them, they have to take them over any of the offensive talent still on the board.

I'd agree with both picks. You could do like a 3 safety set with Adams, Jenkins, and McLeod in a worst case scenario. He's not dropping though. Foster I could see, and I may prefer him over Davis. Not sure

gutshot

C-bhV77V0AAgRdz.jpg

MechDX

Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock 6m6 minutes ago
More
Jayson Braddock Retweeted Petey Wheatstraw
It feels like teams are leveraging QBs as that's what brings the most return for trades at the top of the draft. Could be wrong, though.

None of these QB's are "that good" you sacrifice valuable draft stock in a deep draft to move up and get them. Teams in top 15 are trying to create a false demand

effzee

I still don't blame Minn. They thought with a healthy Adrian Pederson and that D they had a chance to win the division and go deep.

He gets hurt, the OLINE collapses, and they had nothing left. Their top need is OLINE still and this is a rather week draft to address it plus they can use their later rounds pick to get olinemen.

Juicy Bob

Aw man this is so cool. The NFL draft in my team's town
that I live an entire continent away from and have never been to once in my whole life

Let's go Howie.

Come on, Giants. Don't make me want to throw a remote tonight.

Guys I wouldn't mind seeing them draft:

Howard
Njoku
McCaffrey
Lamp
Jarrad Davis
Reddick
Cook
Maybe Foster
Maybe Engram
Maybe Ramczyk
Maybe Robinson

Remote throwers:

Any QB
Bolles
Cunningham
Peppers

Please, Giants. Don't make me break any remotes. That's a nice list of players to choose from compared to the remote throwers.
Hope we draft Njoku since he's from my town and I'm assuming he's a Giants fan or at least was when he was growing up.

effzee

Who I want the Eagles to get:

Foster, Davis, or best player to drop out of top 10

Who I still think the Eagles shock everyone and get:

Charles Harris DE

I still don't blame Minn. They thought with a healthy Adrian Pederson and that D they had a chance to win the division and go deep.

He gets hurt, the OLINE collapses, and they had nothing left. Their top need is OLINE still and this is a rather week draft to address it plus they can use their later rounds pick to get olinemen.

I don't think there any elite o-linemen in this draft, they'll all either be serviceable starters or rotational players. A guard I liked when I saw him play was Isaac Asiata, that guy just mauls people. I think he's related to the Vikings current RB.

effzee

I don't think there any elite o-linemen in this draft, they'll all either be serviceable starters or rotational players. A guard I liked when I saw him play was Isaac Asiata, that guy just mauls people. I think he's related to the Vikings current RB.

If I am the Vikings I take someone like Cook, Davis, or Ross if these players drops to them. They need a punch on the offensive side.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh please draft mostly defensive Ted!

I'm tired of seeing the offense try to score 40+ a game because the defense is terrible.

I just want somebody that can cover the right sideline in a passing situation

It was infuriating how the talking heads would point out the monster gap there before the game and then watch the opposing team take advantage.

MechDX

I just want somebody that can cover the right sideline in a passing situation

It was infuriating how the talking heads would point out the monster gap there before the game and then watch the opposing team take advantage.

TJ Watt

DCX

DCX
I really want Riddick on this team :(

Too bad it's going to take a fortune to trade up for him.

DCX

TraBuch

Banned
I don't buy for a second the Browns pass up on Garrett so I'm starting to feel okay with the idea of Jamal Adams at 2. Solomon Thomas would be a bad pick. Fournette would be a weird pick that doesn't really fit in with Bobby Turner's MO. Trubisky sucks.

So yeah, Adams would be fine.

Hindl

I really think the Eagles go DE tonight.

I get that feeling too. I'd be ok with it, but only if the board fell in a worst case scenario. If Foster, Davis, or even Williams are on the board and they go DE, I'd be pretty pissed. It is a need so I'd understand, and I do like Barnett and Harris, but I feel like there will be better talent available there. Still, it's a rather top-heavy class for DEs, so grabbing one in the 1st would be understandable.

I don't regret it. Bradford played pretty well considering we had no line, and no running game at all after week 5.

The Vikes looked like world beaters until the wheels came off.

I don't regret it. Bradford played pretty well considering we had no line, and no running game at all after week 5.

It was a phenomenal trade for the Vikings. Bradford was fucking amazing last year and if they can get any semblance of an OL this year they are going to be great.

Hindl

Plus they didn't take up Teddy's 5th year option, so he still may not play this year either. And like you said, they looked good before the OL died. Otherwise you'd just be wasting that defense with a nobody QB. Assuming everyone stays healthy, Bradford at least has a shot of taking them somewhere

linkboy

I don't buy for a second the Browns pass up on Garrett so I'm starting to feel okay with the idea of Jamal Adams at 2. Solomon Thomas would be a bad pick. Fournette would be a weird pick that doesn't really fit in with Bobby Turner's MO. Trubisky sucks.

So yeah, Adams would be fine.

I'm still upset the Rams lost that second game. How do you blow a 21-7 lead with 5 minutes left in the game?

MechDX

MLB Network Radio‏Verified account
@MLBNetworkRadio

.@PMahomes on where @PatrickMahomes5 goes at the #NFLDraft tonight: "If I were a gambling man, I would say Houston, Arizona or Kansas City."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Really excited to see what Bob Quinn does these next 3 days.

I was watching Matthew Stafford's draft and Mayocks analysis was hilarious.

"A better athlete than people give him credit for."

"I think the Lions should've gone another route, e.g. Aaron Curry lol"

Jon Gruden was preaching the gospel though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJGA_ilQk

After what Zeirlein Tweeted out last night reaffirms my thought the Texans are not taking a QB in the first round.

I cant see them going into this year hoping that A) Savage is good, and B) Savage stays healthy the whole year. If either of those do not happen there is going to be a huge amount of media crying about them not addressing QB again. We will see but I think if Mahomes is there when the Texans pick they take him.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock 4m4 minutes ago
More
3 defensive players drafted #1 overall since 1995. 1 common factor?

All from the Carolinas

Jadeveon Clowney
Mario Williams
Courtney Brown

Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock 3m3 minutes ago
More
If the Browns take Myles Garrett #1 overall, it'll mean the same 2 teams are the only 1s to draft defensive players #1 since '95

CLE & HO

Just brings me and Kave closer

I will be upset.

No one listened to me about Sammy B :(

Prepare to be upset then. Both howie and dougie learned at the feet of Andy Reid. Reid's number one thing every year going into the draft was you have to build up the lines. Eagles pass rush sucked last year especially the 2nd half and they really need another DE since Curry cant be counted on every down. Maybe they wait until the 2nd round but I definitely think they are planning to address DE. The BGN guys have been saying the last 2 days that if Allen drops down to around 10 they think the Eagles would even be willing to move up to get him. Haason Reddick or OJ Howard are the 2 guys I want most but I doubt they will get either one.

effzee

I will be upset.
(

Why? DE is far more important than CB, WR, or any other position really besides the QB.

And in this draft I think the CBs in later rounds will be better impact players than the DEs in the later rounds. If Harris, or Bennet if he drops, is the pick you are really loading up the DL and I'd rather have the front 4 bring tons of pressure.

Besides we could always sign Revis....

effzee

If somehow Jonathan Allen, Lattimore, or Adams drop and are around pick 10 the Eagles better move up to get one of them.

Hindl

Prepare to be upset then. Both howie and dougie learned at the feet of Andy Reid. Reid's number one thing every year going into the draft was you have to build up the lines. Eagles pass rush sucked last year especially the 2nd half and they really need another DE since Curry cant be counted on every down. Maybe they wait until the 2nd round but I definitely think they are planning to address DE. The BGN guys have been saying the last 2 days that if Allen drops down to around 10 they think the Eagles would even be willing to move up to get him. Haason Reddick or OJ Howard are the 2 guys I want most but I doubt they will get either one.

Well they got Jernigan and Chris Long, so I don't think they need to immediately address it. I do agree that I think it's likely, and if they could get Jonathan Allen I'd be all for it. I wouldn't want to trade up unless it's cheap, but I'd love Allen. And why Reddick over Foster?

Why? DE is far more important than CB, WR, or any other position really besides the QB.

And in this draft I think the CBs in later rounds will be better impact players than the DEs in the later rounds. If Harris, or Bennet if he drops, is the pick you are really loading up the DL and I'd rather have the front 4 bring tons of pressure.

Besides we could always sign Revis....

Revis sucks ass now. And we'd have to trade up to 9, since if Lattimore, Adams, or Allen are available at 10 Bills are taking them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom