• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| Mock draft Central sponsored by the Shirtless League

Slo

So apparently there's something called "hockey" on tonight, and the state happens to have a team that might make the playoffs. I'm going to try to get drunk enough to enjoy it.

Colasante

Jets have filed tampering charges against Patriots based on Robert Kraft's Monday comments about Darrelle Revis, per league source.

Robert Kraft's comments, 3/23/15: "We thought we made a very competitive offer. I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him. We wanted him in our system, and we have certain disciplines. We had hoped it worked out. It didn't. We just don't think about short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up and we have to factor that."

Woody Johnson's comments, 12/29/14: “Darrelle is a great player and if I had thought I could have gotten Darrelle for that, I probably would have taken him back. It was our best judgment to do what we did. But Darrelle's a great player. I'd love Darrelle to come back.”

1865f6xuc7wtugif.gif

rando14

Gregstream now

I'd definitely watch!!

Kraft's comments: ""We thought we made a very competitive offer. I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him. We wanted him in our system, and we have certain disciplines. We had hoped it worked out. It didn't. We just don't think about short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up and we have to factor that."

1865f6xuc7wtugif.gif

I feel that the Patriots should be forced to relinquish the Superbowl trophy and donate it to the losers up in Seattle Washington

Does anyone else find Bloodborne harder than Demon's Souls or Dark Souls? I even played a dex character in those so I'm used to dodging. Dunno why I am having so much trouble.

Robert Kraft's comments, 3/23/15: "We thought we made a very competitive offer. I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him. We wanted him in our system, and we have certain disciplines. We had hoped it worked out. It didn't. We just don't think about short-term decisions. For example, next year we have three very good young defensive players coming up and we have to factor that."

Woody Johnson's comments, 12/29/14: “Darrelle is a great player and if I had thought I could have gotten Darrelle for that, I probably would have taken him back. It was our best judgment to do what we did. But Darrelle's a great player. I'd love Darrelle to come back.”

1865f6xuc7wtugif.gif

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

You're fucking kidding right?

1865f6xuc7wtugif.gif

This is the funniest petty rivalry in sports

Milchjon

Someone explain to me what the Jets consider tampering. Cause apparently I've got the wrong idea.

How can a comment on a past decision that in no way influences another team's future contract negotiations be tampering?

effzee

Was watching the NFL network special on the 94 draft, the one with the famous Kiper and Colts GM spat.

Never knew this but Dilfer dictated basically where he went because privately he had let it known to the Colts he would not play for them.

What was the story behind that?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
With the 23rd pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions select....

LionsGAF where do we go? Running back? Wide receiver?

I already posted Titans pick during last week of regular season. Leonard Williams DT USC.

My fantasy booking,
Titans trade 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for Rivers

Woody is countering Kraft's equally ridiculous accusation of tampering. It's a pretty smart move on the guy's part. League can't punish the one without doing so to the other now.
Equally ridiculous? Johnson said he would love revis on the jets when he was still on the patriots.

What tampering did Kraft do?

jbug617

Banned
Woody is countering Kraft's equally ridiculous accusation of tampering. It's a pretty smart move on the guy's part. League can't punish the one without doing so to the other now.

Woody mentioned he wanted Revis back (by name). Kraft said he wished that Revis had resigned and did not mention his name.

Equally ridiculous? Johnson said he would love revis on the jets when he was still on the patriots.

What tampering did Kraft do?

Kraft:
“[The Jets] are the team that drafted him. I think he feels a great commitment there, so we understand his going back and we’re sorry he didn’t stay with us.”

Rules:
The tampering rules prohibit “[a]ny public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.”

Kraft violated tampering rules.

Top Bottom