• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT3| The Long Wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That's not even me!

You guys are treating me as if I'm gator.

I'm better than that!

There, there, Kave_kitty. It'll be ok if you just hang in there.

tumblr_m9m8i2ivdY1ryf2dbo1_250.gif

Isn't this guy supposed to be one of the best criminal lawyers in Mass? Was part of his argument seriously that he was a good football player, let him have bail? You have got to be shitting me

Fantomex

Jesus. This lawyer of his is fucking awful. What does any of this info have to do with why he shouldn't be held without bail.

He should of gotten Maurice Levy from The Wire or as we call him around here, Bionic.
The_Wire_Levy.jpg

Oh snaps

Former Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light told the Dayton Daily News that he "never believed in" Hernandez.

"I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced -- never believed in -- anything Aaron Hernandez stood for," Light told the newspaper.

Get him while hes down Light, it's The Patriot Way™

knicks

I cannot believe the words coming out of this guys mouth.

"He has back problems, he won't get the same treatment in prison. He was an all american tight end."

LOL And he keeps saying don't treat him differently, meanwhile he is proposing the opposite.

brentech

I could pluck some schmuck off the street that would provide better defense than that bumbling moron.
Just think how much money that lawyer is going to make...

And now they believe they found the murder weapon, possibly? Or just another hand gun?
Yep. Saying they found matched ammo manufacturer at his condo during yesterday's affidavit.

squicken

Isn't it crazy to think that the Ravens and Pats has the same body count in that playoff game last year? At least the Pats didn't know

I need an expert opinion on this DA. Is he taking a dive because he hates the pats, or does this weird passive aggressive "I'm not asking for special treatment, but he deserves special treatment" thing actually work?

Anyone? Bionic?

Fantomex

I need an expert opinion on this DA. Is he taking a dive because he hates the pats, or does this weird passive aggressive "I'm not asking for special treatment, but he deserves special treatment" thing supposed to work?

Anyone? Bionic?

Bionic is the defense lawyer in this case, he really did hate the Pats! It was his plan all along.

squicken

I need an expert opinion on this DA. Is he taking a dive because he hates the pats, or does this weird passive aggressive "I'm not asking for special treatment, but he deserves special treatment" thing actually work?

Anyone? Bionic?

He's trying to say that Hernandez is a person at the top of his chosen profession. Meaning that he has strong links to society and (was) is employed.

Tamanon

Banned
I could pluck some schmuck off the street that would provide better defense than that bumbling moron.
Just think how much money that lawyer is going to make...

And now they believe they found the murder weapon, possibly? Or just another hand gun?
Yep. Saying they found matched ammo manufacturer at his condo during yesterday's affidavit.

Wonder if they picked it up at his uncle's house(they searched there earlier).

Just man, I'm going to go out on a limb here guys......

I don't think he's making the Pro Bowl this year.

brentech

Lol, judge just cuts off the DA and laughs saying, you're wrong.
And further mocks him for using the defense of being a homeowner and having a fiance and baby.

squicken

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 5m
Prosecutor clarifies home security video shows Hernandez and 2nd man holding guns when exiting vehicle at house after murder.

I mean that is so damning. I just can't see any way he's not guilty if they really have that

He's trying to say that Hernandez is a person at the top of his chosen profession. Meaning that he has strong links to society and (was) is employed.
I guess. I'd go with the health (physical+mental) argument, though maybe they save that for the trial.

Why were they going for $250,000 bail? Should've gone for $25,000,000. Then I could see that being a deterrent.
I'd guess they want him to pay up. Luxury cruises for city officials aren't going to pay for themselves.

squicken

I guess. I'd go with the health (physical+mental) argument, though maybe they save that for the trial.

Well I guess the judge made fun of him for trying it. But it's just billable hours to him. There was nothing he could say that was going to get him bail

I put the odds of the defense team using concussions leading to violent behavior as a defense at exactly 100%.

Yep. Judge has to allow it as a defense, but they will certainly try to get it in.

brentech

I was just surprised how much info was given about their case against him. But I guess they just wanted to be sure they had him.

Judge even made a comment that seemed like she thought all the info was pretty damning.

ChanHuk

Banned
Hernandez dumb. He's rich, should've bought a 3D printer with cash, download the CAD file for the plastic gun. Print, shoot, melt everything down. Oh and use iMessage and turn off GPS.

Top Bottom