• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last years injury issues, I'd rather stash him on IR than cut him outright. Thuney is a rookie and Andrews has never played a full season.

I thought Andrews only didn't play a full season last year because he lost his job to Bryan Stork coming back from injury.

jbug617

Banned
How is this Eric Rowe trade still changing?

If I had to guess, Philly was going to flip Kline for another draft pick. That deal fell apart so Philly no longer needed Kline. They just wanted draft picks and not players.

fwiw Kline did not take a physical with Philly. He still up in Foxboro.

Colasante

After last years injury issues, I'd rather stash him on IR than cut him outright. Thuney is a rookie and Andrews has never played a full season.

Kline lost out to Mason and Jackson last season, Thuney and Cooper this season. Patriots already have Ted Karras behind Cooper and Thuney, Tre' Jackson on PUP, and Chris Barker on the practice squad, they'll be fine at guard. Wouldn't be fair to Kline to put him on IR and take away his season in the off chance some depth is needed mid-season.

Just made an NFL GAF club and invited a bunch of you, sanjuro, gata, yankee, kas, kayotix, FMT, whoever I had on my XBL friends list basically.

Except Mech ofc.

If any of you are on the preview dash program then you should be able to join and it's obviously a private club so your degenerate behaviour will be safe inside the fort.

Sanjuro

Just made an NFL GAF club and invited a bunch of you, sanjuro, gata, yankee, kas, kayotix, FMT, whoever I had on my XBL friends list basically.

Except Mech ofc.

If any of you are on the preview dash program then you should be able to join and it's obviously a private club so your degenerate behaviour will be safe inside the fort.

I'm in some weird limbo dash. I still get some updates but not every other day.

MechDX

Except Mech ofc.

:(

Hindl

If I had to guess, Philly was going to flip Kline for another draft pick. That deal fell apart so Philly no longer needed Kline. They just wanted draft picks and not players.

fwiw Kline did not take a physical with Philly. He still up in Foxboro.

Less happy about this trade now. The 4th is nice, and Rowe was probably going to be our CB5. But he could've developed into something special, and just getting a pick in return is underwhelming. Even if Kline is average he could've either been depth or flipped for a trade like the rumor said. Oh well

I should've tried to give you Parker too, maybe I would've had Evans :(
That would have been a little better.. But it would have still hurt me inside because I would be blowing up probably the most solid part of my team in my mind with Allen and Evans..

Well.. My RB scraps got me to the finals last year.. I can do it again :)

Duxxy3

So we have 54 players and there's, so far, no indication that Kline is going anywhere.

Ignoring that Kline was involved in the trade earlier, who would you guys cut to make room for Rowe? I'm not a fan of Jordan Richards. Justin Coleman is OK, but he's taking snap away from Cyrus Jones. Kline isn't practice squad eligible, but Ted Karras is.

Colasante

So we have 54 players and there's, so far, no indication that Kline is going anywhere.

Ignoring that Kline was involved in the trade earlier, who would you guys cut to make room for Rowe? I'm not a fan of Jordan Richards. Justin Coleman is OK, but he's taking snap away from Cyrus Jones. Kline isn't practice squad eligible, but Ted Karras is.

I would absolutely not cut Justin Coleman, the idea that he's "taking snaps away" from Cyrus Jones is silly. If he's outperforming Jones, he'll play above him, if he's not, he won't. At this point, we know what Kline is, and it's the fifth or sixth best interior lineman on the team. We don't know Karras can develop into. If they felt like they could get Karras onto the practice squad, I'd be fine with cutting him, but otherwise losing Kline is not a move the Patriots would regret.

And there is indication that Kline is going somewhere. Tom Curran said he'd heard on Saturday that Kline was going to be cut and he was surprised when he ended up making the 53.

You guys are all getting fleeced in trades?

I wanted a couple Seahawks but forgot about the draft and got autodrafted none. Plus I think Rawls is starting to become underrated. Michael has barely done shit in the regular season. Rawls was a beast before he got injured and was basically Lynch 2.0.

Slo

I'd prefer to be a QB that's actually elite.

sam-bradford-football-headshot-photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom