• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

That was my reaction as well.

I'll go on record saying that while most keep saying the Bears and Falcons are in the playoffs this year, I think one of them tanks. Not sure which one.

Detroit is easily the playoff team from last year most likely to miss it this year.

I think the Falcons are going to take a big step forward this year. I think Nolan will improve their D and Jullio looks poised to be great.

minx

Is there another team that missed the playoffs last year that is getting anywhere near the love the Bears are? Some one on NFLN yesterday picked them to go to the SB.

Is there any other team that was as hot as the Bears last year before injuries to their two most important players? This along with vastly improving their WR corps from Roy Williams as their number one to Brandon Marshall. Insane to think Roy fucking Williams was the Bears #1 WR last year. There is a reason no team has even given him a chance this year. It kinda makes sense to me that people would rank them high. Also a pretty easy schedule. SB is pushing it though.

cajunator

Banned
I'd be very surprised if Peyton turns back into Peyton right away.

I was referring to how my Saints end up, not specifically the team records or division winners.
Considering the Saints got punched in the mouth for the bounty thing, it would be a great outcome, although disappointing. But without a SB winning HC at the reigns, the potential in the post season is limited. They have enough talent on the team to get to playoffs no matter who is in charge, but beyond that takes much better coaching.

MechDX

b/c the Texans have such a stellar record against Peyton Manning

Yeah necause he has not gone through major nerve surgery or anything. Or being placed on a new team with different personel he played with for 10 years.... squicken dont hate just to hate. Think of all the hardware Bradford will bring to the Rams!

Is there any other team that was as hot as the Bears last year before injuries to their two most important players? This along with vastly improving their WR corps from Roy Williams as their number one to Brandon Marshall. Insane to think Roy fucking Williams was the Bears #1 WR last year. There is a reason no team has even given him a chance this year. It kinda makes sense to me that people would rank them high. Also a pretty easy schedule. SB is pushing it though.

GB started 14 - 0, that is pretty good. The Giants won their last 6 games as well. The Bears did have a good stretch though I will give you that.

squicken

Yeah necause he has not gone through major nerve surgery or anything. Or being placed on a new team with different personel he played with for 10 years.... squicken dont hate just to hate. Think of all the hardware Bradford will bring to the Rams!

I think Peyton's still Peyton, just a little less juice on his fastball. I'm not hating to hate. I remember a pathetic Chiefs team lead by a supposedly busted Montana beating probably the most talented Oilers team ever fielded in a playoff game. It just seems that God's hate for Houston fans would have Peyton deliver a similar blow to the Texans

effzee

Foles is the backup plan I guess. They were 1-4 last year without Vick and it will probably be the same this year.

Jamison Hensley of espn.com has the Cowboys beating the Texans for the SB. lol

It infuriates me that with an injury prone QB on a team trying to make yet another SB run with all the talent on offense and defense, the best back up plan is 2nd year man Kafka or rookie QB Foles.

Now I don't expect a pro-bowl back up QB but they could have signed some veteran or two other than Trent Fucking Edwards.

This team is built to win now. They finally made a move at LB (Ryans) and then added a quality rookie LB. They upgraded the CB position by shipping out Asante, starting DRC, and even signed quality depth at S.

If the defense wasn't turned over to Juan learning on the job Castillo last year no doubt in my mind they could have won 9-10 games. And the expectation this year should surely be more than a "possible 9 wins" team. No the way the roster is constituted, the depth and talent they added on D during the draft, and the explosive offense this team can play, its all for now. SB or bust.

I want Reid fired the very next minute if they miss the playoffs. Maybe a day or two later if they make the playoffs but don't reach the SB.

To my mind there are only two clear weaknesses on the team. Coaching (Reid and his crazy offense and the OLINE coach as D coordinator) and Vick's health (especially now that Peters is dead). But a team as talented as this, and a team that was embarrassed as much as it was last season, should be able to over come those deficiencies.

bionic77

I feel so much better about the Steelers season seeing King pick us as 3rd best in the division.

I would not be feeling so good as a Broncos or Packers fan with King in your corner.

So we still have replacement refs...

fPFDh.gif

It infuriates me that with an injury prone QB on a team trying to make yet another SB run with all the talent on offense and defense, the best back up plan is 2nd year man Kafka or rookie QB Foles.

Now I don't expect a pro-bowl back up QB but they could have signed some veteran or two other than Trent Fucking Edwards.

This team is built to win now. They finally made a move at LB (Ryans) and then added a quality rookie LB. They upgraded the CB position by shipping out Asante, starting DRC, and even signed quality depth at S.

If the defense wasn't turned over to Juan learning on the job Castillo last year no doubt in my mind they could have won 9-10 games. And the expectation this year should surely be more than a "possible 9 wins" team. No the way the roster is constituted, the depth and talent they added on D during the draft, and the explosive offense this team can play, its all for now. SB or bust.

I want Reid fired the very next minute if they miss the playoffs. Maybe a day or two later if they make the playoffs but don't reach the SB.

To my mind there are only two clear weaknesses on the team. Coaching (Reid and his crazy offense and the OLINE coach as D coordinator) and Vick's health (especially now that Peters is dead). But a team as talented as this, and a team that was embarrassed as much as it was last season, should be able to over come those deficiencies.

I think losing Peters is going to really hurt the offense. So much of what they did was based around his athleticism. There is nothing they can do to replace that. I have heard that Juan is a DC this year in name only. He has no input at all on the DL, like last year, but he also is not allowed to call coverages this year. Bowles is going to be running the DBs. Hopefully that will help because the Eagles had some stupid coverage breakdowns kill them last year.

effzee

I think losing Peters is going to really hurt the offense. So much of what they did was based around his athleticism. There is nothing they can do to replace that. I have heard that Juan is a DC this year in name only. He has no input at all on the DL, like last year, but he also is not allowed to call coverages this year. Bowles is going to be running the DBs. Hopefully that will help because the Eagles had some stupid coverage breakdowns kill them last year.

That makes even less sense. Then why not outright fire Juan? Why hire him in the first place? Why in the world couldn't they go out and get a competent D coordinator from any of the other solid defensive teams in the NFL or in college? Why was Juan Castillo, the offensive line coach, the choice of the Eagles to become D coordinator when he had never coached D a day in his life to take over to rectify a defense that let down a team trying to compete for a SB?

And now after failing in his first year, instead of firing him they make him even more of a figure head while the Dline coach and the DB coach run the actual D? What lunacy is this?

Seriously this team boils my blood.

And the loss of Peters hurts the run game more than the pass. If anything this gives Reid more of an excuse to keep passing. McCoy will still get his. Peters wasn't protecting Vick's blindside anyway since he is left handed. There is no way they can use the loss of Peters as an scapegoat. Vick needs to play smart and stay healthy, Reid needs to remember that running the ball is part of football, and the D needs to show up day 1.

Fox318

AFC
North
BAL
PIT

CIN
CLE

South
HOU
TEN
IND
JAC

East
NYJ
BUF

NE
MIA

West
KC
DEN
OAK
SD

NFC
North
GB
CHI
DET
MIN

South
TB
NO
ATL
CAR

East
DAL
PHI

NYG
WAS

West
SF
SEA

ARI
STL

Fox318

So whats exactly holding up the deal to get real refs back?

NFL doesn't want to give them a pay increase and let them keep their pension plan.

Refs don't want to give in at all because this will likely be the only time they can negotiate with the NFL.

Bowser

NFL doesn't want to give them a pay increase and let them keep their pension plan.

Refs don't want to give in at all because this will likely be the only time they can negotiate with the NFL.

Not really, they're fine with the pay increase, but want to add 3 more ref squads that are effectively "on the bench" that can replace underperforming officials mid-season.

Fox318

Not really, they're fine with the pay increase, but want to add 3 more ref squads that are effectively "on the bench" that can replace underperforming officials mid-season.

Peter King was on the radio the other day talking about how the pension plan was part of the hold up as well. Regardless the refs are gonna get paid more but have less work.

Top Bottom