• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

bionic77

The Cards deserved to lose that game for letting fat ass James Harrison run 100 yards for a TD. Dude had to straight up get hooked up to oxygen right after he was so out of breath.

Plus they decided to go into prevent defense on the final drive. Fucking retards.
Greatest play of all time won the greatest SB of all time. Makes sense to me!

Semi-related, but does anyone else think it's weird naming your team's stadium after yourself?

I would build the stadium in the shape of my face and name it after myself. Hell, I would name the team after myself and my face would be the logo. I would name this entire country after myself if I could.

Wow what a high bar to reach!

Really Lurie? Really? So after a season where everyone had your team pegged as top contender out of the NFC and the utter failure of the team, the bar you have set for Reid to surpass is the horrid record they reached last season?

Are you fucking kidding me? Its year 14! It should be "PLAYOFFS or he gets fired".

With the talent on this team and barring any real serious injury (which would be an excuse anyway), they should be able to get to 9-10 wins. A whole 1 or 2 games better than last season.

Nice goal setting there Lurie. Not playoffs or SB. No just be better than 8-8. Dear god Reid really is going to coach this team forever.

Him making that public just adds to the pressure of the eagles as well. He should have just kept his mouth shut and then at the end of the season if he is not happy with the team, give him the old shit can. No need to give your team that kind of publicity heading into opening week.

Aaron Rodgers has a little brother who plays QB for Vandy? He any good ?

954820.jpg

Man, the parents really used all the good stuff on Aaron.

Milchjon

Looks like im the only one that thinks refs are underpaid and deserve more

It's a part time job and probably a great way to stay fit.

There are a lot of scrubs in the NFL who dedicated their life to football, who eke out a few years, who fuck up their bodies, who make a few hundred thousand dollars and then have nothing else left. Those I feel sorry for. But not the refs.

What station is this jets/eagles game on?

It's a part time job and probably a great way to stay fit.

There are a lot of scrubs in the NFL who dedicated their life to football, who eke out a few years, who fuck up their bodies, who make a few hundred thousand dollars and then have nothing else left. Those I feel sorry for. But not the refs.

Ed Hochuli might have a helluva coke problem for all we know. Dude could be missing out on 8balls right now.

effzee

Him making that public just adds to the pressure of the eagles as well. He should have just kept his mouth shut and then at the end of the season if he is not happy with the team, give him the old shit can. No need to give your team that kind of publicity heading into opening week.

Its just to get the fans excited. After last season and the season ending press conference a lot of fans just felt "whatever" about the team. Yeah the coach is good and yeah there is talent but year in and out there is always something that holds them back. Play-calling, ignoring positions, time management, or forgetting you need to field a defense. After 13 seasons of "plans" and "promises" its just not exciting. Especially when your rival wins two SBs in the meanwhile and other younger coaches get to and win their SBs while we are stuck with Reid and his experiments.

I honestly doubt Lurie means anything by this statement. Its just to satisfy the fans. If he said SB or fired I would get it. But better than 8-8? What kind of bar is that? Lurie is scared shitless of hiring another coach and failing to continue with the relative success the team has had with Reid.

Its just to get the fans excited. After last season and the season ending press conference a lot of fans just felt "whatever" about the team. Yeah the coach is good and yeah there is talent but year in and out there is always something that holds them back. Play-calling, ignoring positions, time management, or forgetting you need to field a defense. After 13 seasons of "plans" and "promises" its just not exciting. Especially when your rival wins two SBs in the meanwhile and other younger coaches get to and win their SBs while we are stuck with Reid and his experiments.

I honestly doubt Lurie means anything by this statement. Its just to satisfy the fans. If he said SB or fired I would get it. But better than 8-8? What kind of bar is that? Lurie is scared shitless of hiring another coach and failing to continue with the relative success the team has had with Reid.

Well why is the Eagles organization setting themselves up for failure? Most teams mind their own business and are tight lipped and careful not to let the media place them on a huge pedestal. Most teams get things done by focusing week to week, not saying they are going to win X amount of games this season. I just think the Eagles are much better off keeping to themselves and not having everyone believe they have a stacked roster and are destined to be a playoff contender. Flying under the radar is not a bad thing.

Revenant

After that clip of the ref fucking up constantly for a few minutes at the giants/pats game I can only imagine what could happen during week 1.

Dragon

Banned
Six figured and full benefits for a hobby job?

Ya, probably the only person in America who thinks that.

I think it's more that the NFL is getting stingy when they make so much money that rubs people the wrong way. I understand that the refs aren't very good at their job but they're obviously better than the replacement refs.

effzee

Well why is the Eagles organization setting themselves up for failure? Most teams mind their own business and are tight lipped and careful not to let the media place them on a huge pedestal. Most teams get things done by focusing week to week, not saying they are going to win X amount of games this season. I just think the Eagles are much better off keeping to themselves and not having everyone believe they have a stacked roster and are destined to be a playoff contender. Flying under the radar is not a bad thing.

Yeah and usually Lurie or the team doesn't make these kind of statements. That is why I hated the VY signing the minute he opened his mouth about a dream team last season.

I just think that they sense the fans aren't as excited anymore and don't buy into what they sell. Of course I could be completely off base because pretty sure every home game is sold out. Maybe its just me but after another disaster season and another Giants SB, I am probably the least excited about a new season as I have been in a long long long time.

I think Lurie and Co realize that a lot of the players (namely McNabb) who the fanbase and radio commentators could beat up on for all those years are gone so now its all on Reid. Everyone is talking about him, his failures, his coaching, his personnel moves, and his inability after so many years to win a SB. So maybe sensing that, Lurie is feeding into the lack of enthusiasm and trying to spark Reid and the fanbase.

I like Lurie for the most part, just wish he had the balls to fire Reid already.

Yeah and usually Lurie or the team doesn't make these kind of statements. That is why I hated the VY signing the minute he opened his mouth about a dream team last season.

I just think that they sense the fans aren't as excited anymore and don't buy into what they sell. Of course I could be completely off base because pretty sure every home game is sold out. Maybe its just me but after another disaster season and another Giants SB, I am probably the least excited about a new season as I have been in a long long long time.

I think Lurie and Co realize that a lot of the players (namely McNabb) who the fanbase and radio commentators could beat up on for all those years are gone so now its all on Reid. Everyone is talking about him, his failures, his coaching, his personnel moves, and his inability after so many years to win a SB. So maybe sensing that, Lurie is feeding into the lack of enthusiasm and trying to spark Reid and the fanbase.

I like Lurie for the most part, just wish he had the balls to fire Reid already.

It's pretty amazing he still has a job actually. That organization must love him like a son or something to have not let him go already.

eznark

Banned
I think it's more that the NFL is getting stingy when they make so much money that rubs people the wrong way. I understand that the refs aren't very good at their job but they're obviously better than the replacement refs.

The NFL is sticking to its guns to get the official pool so that guys who are shit can be shitcanned. I highly doubt it has much to do with money.

effzee

It's pretty amazing he still has a job actually. That organization must love him like a son or something to have not let him go already.

Lurie bought the team when financially it was one of the least profitable in the NFL. Then he went through some horrible seasons winning on 3-5 games. Then came Reid. Continuous trips to the playoffs, 5 NFC Championship games, 1 SB, and probably most importantly turning the team into one of the most valued franchises in all of sports.

They were ranked #11 on the Forbes list from 2011 for the top 50 sports franchises in the world:

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45fdhk/no-11-philadelphia-eagles/#gallerycontent

I assume its extremely difficult for a man like Lurie to start over with a new coach and possible failure the likes he experienced before Reid.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
woo last preseason game, one day closer to regular season.

Texans pre-season announcers are turrible.

effzee

You're way too pessimistic, Effzee... this is a better team than it was last year.

Yeah and I said as much. THEY ADDED A REAL LIVE LB FOR ONCE!!! I had almost forgotten what those were. And hey it only took them adopting the wide 9 technique which leaves the wide open running lanes up the middle! GENIUS!

And not just 1 but they also drafted a LB (Kendricks) who so far looks great! So at least LBs should be better. CBs should be better with Nnamid in his 2nd year hopefully not playing zone all the time or LB in some weird packages. With DRC starting and Boykins making a push for nickel back. Hopefully Nate Allen returns to the form he showed 2 seasons ago before his injury. And DJAX should have his head in the game.

I know the team is better. Peters is out but I know the team is overall better. I also like the addition of Bowles as DB coach though I would have preferred him as the new DC and Juan re-assigned to something anything else.

That said for the owner to claim 8-8 is the bar is fucking ridiculous. Grow a pair and make it SB or bust. How much more time does Reid need? And some delusional fans on the Eagles board already talking about trading Vick so they can start rebuilding with Foles!

Godslay

Banned
KC not letting Cassel throw the ball. It makes sense though GB is letting Hillis run all over them.

Edit: Just as I write this they stop them for a loss.

LJ11

Stevie's such a good route runner.

Spiller looked good that drive, but man if he had a bit more patience he had some big opportunities on that drive. Good to see him running hard between the tackles.

Top Bottom