• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Well he's good enough to manage a team into the playoffs but not put the team on his back.
I'm not exactly Sanchez's biggest fan so I'm probably pretty biased but I always thought their playoff success was in spite of him, not because of him. I'm sure this year has been rough on his confidence, though.

That said, SEA's defense makes lots of QBs look bad
Even the Dolphins defense made Sanchez look bad, right before Luck set the NFL record for passing yards in a single game by a rookie against them.

squicken

Sanchez is not good but he had a couple good performances in some playoff games. Yes the defense and running game carried that team but he still made some big throws.

Kind of like Alex Smith. Say what you want but he was fantastic in SF's win versus the Saints in the playoffs

cajunator

Banned
LOL if you actually believe this. The D and running game got them into the playoffs. Mark basically did nothing those years.

While thats true he had a lot of help, he did still have to do his job to keep the team winning, even if it was only a little. You have to give a QB SOME credit for a win, although obviously not all. They get blamed for losses, so give them some credit for wins.
Im not really a Sanchez supporter, but you have to at least admit he did what he had to do to get them in the playoffs.

Browns are back!

Woo wooo!

How are you still excited for football? It is impossible for me to get excited now. I realized that I hate watching young QBs play, and there is no hope at all for the future so that kills a lot of excitement. I am amazed that you still seem so upbeat even with all the problems the Browns have. I really do tip my cap to you.

squicken

How are you still excited for football? It is impossible for me to get excited now. I realized that I hate watching young QBs play, and there is no hope at all for the future so that kills a lot of excitement. I am amazed that you still seem so upbeat even with all the problems the Browns have. I really do tip my cap to you.

The way down is brutal. Old teams imploding, there is no reason to watch. But young teams that hopefully are on the way up are fun to watch. Week by week you hope to get to see them get better and better. Browns fans tune in every week to see if it's the week they know for sure whether Weeden and TRich will be the guys to lead them to the future

The way down is brutal. Old teams imploding, there is no reason to watch. But young teams that hopefully are on the way up are fun to watch. Week by week you hope to get to see them get better and better. Browns fans tune in every week to see if it's the week they know for sure whether Weeden and TRich will be the guys to lead them to the future

Yeah it is horrible to go through this. I guess we got 14 years without a rebuild so that is pretty good. Just knowing that they are going to blow it up in the offseason is terrible though. Even for the Browns though Trich looks good but the new coach might not want a power RB, it is impossible to know, and Weeden isnt the guy, I have no doubt at all that they are looking for a QB next year. I wonde what Banner thinks of Vick. lol

Talon

Falcons cut Ray Edwards. Gives us about $4-5 million in cap space now - presumably that means we're bringing in this guy:
ovie_mughelli_profile.jpg

So he can drop passes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Well unlike you I don't have to watch a young QB. :D

But seriously, nothing else I really know. All my teams have just been so horrible for so long I just watch to hopefully see improvement as cajun says above me. I'm not even sure what I'd do with myself when any team I follow actually figures it out again.

It's not like I've had a great team to be excited for since...2007...and before that probably early 2000s.

Ugh.

cajunator

Banned

But seriously, nothing else I really know. All my teams have just been so horrible for so long I just watch to hopefully see improvement as cajun says above me. I'm not even sure what I'd do with myself when any team I follow actually figures it out again.

It's not like I've had a great team to be excited for since...2007...and before that probably early 2000s.

Ugh.

Kave_Man you are a cool cat. If we met, I would buy you a beer. Or ten.

bionic77

That picture of Brady is probably the best thing any of us will see this year.

I wonder how long Ben will be out. This reminds me of 2005 all over again. Hopefully with the same result!

Ugh.

LOL that was a perfect reply. My biggest worry about the offseason is the Eagles are going to get a pick high enough to waste it on Barkley. I absolutely want nothing to do with him. I would rather trade for Sanchez. ugh

cajunator

Banned
LOL that was a perfect reply. My biggest worry about the offseason is the Eagles are going to get a pick high enough to waste it on Barkley. I absolutely want nothing to do with him. I would rather trade for Sanchez. ugh

Just say no to Barkley.
Whoever gets Johnny Manziel is gonna get a good one though.

Just say no to Barkley.
Whoever gets Johnny Manziel is gonna get a good one though.

A lot can change in 2 years but Manziel has definitely started out with a bang. Do people still think Geno might be good? Maybe the Eagles can finish with the 4th pick and swap it for the 1st and take him. Sucks that last year there were 2 cant miss QBs and this year there doesnt seem to be any.

Ugh.
I know how you feel, man. What's even worse is when your team shows a glimmer of hope before coming crashing back down to their reality of terribleness. I'm starting to wonder if Philbin and Tannehill will just be the next Sparano and Henne (there was a period when I was excited about those guys, believe it or not), but hopefully this time I'm wrong.

Oh well, I just keep watching and hope to see improvement that will eventually result in something significant, like cajunator said. It's a familiar routine at this point. Anyway, it's hard to complain about a Dolphins season too much when a good ol' fashioned Jets whooping was involved.

cajunator

Banned
I know how you feel, man. What's even worse is when your team shows a glimmer of hope before coming crashing back down to their reality of terribleness. I'm starting to wonder if Philbin and Tannehill will just be the next Sparano and Henne (there was a period when I was excited about those guys, believe it or not), but hopefully this time I'm wrong.

Oh well, I just keep watching and hope to see improvement that will eventually result in something significant. Plus, it's hard to complain about a Dolphins season too much when a good ol' fashioned Jets whooping was involved.

Is Reggie still healthy? Been pretty impressed with his improvement over how he was here.
I think he fit this offense with what he was able to do, but he wanted to be an every down back and that just wouldnt work here.

Is Reggie still healthy? Been pretty impressed with his improvement over how he was here.
I think he fit this offense with what he was able to do, but he wanted to be an every down back and that just wouldnt work here.
He is but he's been under-performing ever since he came back from that injury. He fumbled early in the game against the Titans and Philbin benched him for the entire half (to make a statement, I suppose) and he only saw limited action in the second half. I wish they would pass to him more like they used to in NO.

The quest for .500 begins this week!*

*looks at remaining schedule*

God fucking damn it. I guess the rest of the season is a wash and all I have to look forward to is Suh stomping on another Packer, getting to watch Luck shred the Detroit secondary, and hopefully seeing Scott Linnehan and Gunther Cunningham lose their jobs!

Wrayfield

I can't believe some are favouring Miami over Buffalo. At this rate, we ain't gonna score a TD until the next presidential election...

PS: Awesome thread, Bucket. :)

PPS: Did someone post that Miami dude with the '72 tattoo and last week's score yet? Even my gf made fun of that and she has no clue about football whatsoever...

Ultratech

Amazing OP as always. (And good for a laugh!)

Picks:

MIA @ BUF - Weirder things have happened. Probably just depends on who shows up to play.
GB @ DET
ARI @ ATL - The Streak is over! Time for ATL to get some revenge.
TB @ CAR
CLE @ DAL - Surely Dallas can't mess up against Cleveland...right?
PHI @ WAS - LOL IGGLES
NYJ @ STL
CIN @ KC - Dalton gonna walk all over KC. :D
JAC @ HOU - Texans continue to avoid the Cycle!
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE - Brady vs. Luck! The Ultimate Test!
BAL @ PIT
CHI @ SF

squicken

There is no savior QB in this draft, but it's a good draft for defensive and offensive linemen depending on which juniors leave early

Top Bottom