• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

A few updates:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Steelers fear Roethlisberger's injury is "pretty significant," per @Edwerderespn

Not that there wasn't already worry last night, but there you go.

Also:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/progress_slow_for_wilson_sJqOB1BiyIWQI222d7axcN

* Bradshaw will undergo a battery of tests before he leaves for the bye week. Bradshaw has been dealing with chronic foot issues. He also missed a game earlier this season with a neck injury and he will have that checked out as well. ... Eli Manning laughed when asked what he thought about coach Tom Coughlin deferring until the second half after the Giants won the toss. “That was one of the few times and obviously it didn’t really work all that well, so hopefully it might be the last,’’ Manning said. ... The offensive line has taken a step back the past few games, since David Diehl reclaimed his starting right tackle job from Sean Locklear. “You would love to say it’s this one thing or one person or one aspect, but it doesn’t work out that way,’’ offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said when asked if Diehl has struggled. “Believe me when I tell you this, it’s all of us.

Bradshaw is a mess right now. Foot issues, neck problems, fumbling issues again. Yet we keep trotting him out there while we have a perfectly viable option in Andre Brown who only has 7 TD's this year and has been productive when given the chance.

As for David Wilson?

Rookie David Wilson is a first-round pick and he’s having loads of trouble finding playing time.

“Just because you’re a first-round draft pick doesn’t mean you’re ready to play or they all would be great,’’ running backs coach Jerald Ingram said yesterday. “It’s about winning games, it’s not a popularity contest. It’s time for you to grow up and be a man now and see what you can do with the whole ball of wax. Until [Wilson] proves that, it’s hard to stick him out there and feel comfortable.’’

There is no savior QB in this draft, but it's a good draft for defensive and offensive linemen depending on which juniors leave early

Of course the year the Eagles will have a high pick is the year there are not any players at the position they need. As bad as the OL has been this year it is all due to injuries. No way are they drafting an OL in the 1st or even anyone on the DL for that matter.

Slo

Of course the year the Eagles will have a high pick is the year there are not any players at the position they need. As bad as the OL has been this year it is all due to injuries. No way are they drafting an OL in the 1st or even anyone on the DL for that matter.

You may be able to steal MarQueis Gray in the late 1st if you trade up/down. QB of the future.

harSon

Banned
I should have seen this coming. We've gone too long without injury, especially to the offensive line, so it's not surprising that the Football Gods took notice and took it all out on Ben.

cajunator

Banned
I should have seen this coming. We've gone too long without injury, especially to the offensive line, so it's not surprising that the Football Gods took notice and took it all out on Ben.

The way Ben plays he was gonna get broken eventually.

Slo

You should have went with a Mike Utley avatar this week.

mike-utley.jpg

MechDX

gerrard.png

Coincidence?

Seriously sucks man, Steelers were coming on to. KNow that feeling.

So what's going on with Danny Watkins? Is he injured or benched?

Hes injured. He had ankle problems in college. As much as he was struggling this year, he was 100x better then Kelley has been. Kelley is a total bust and will be out of the league soon. He just totally whiffs on blocks all the time. It is the strangest thing to watch.

This year he was not getting sacked a lot and he was getting the ball out quick. This was just bad luck.

This ruined the Ravens game next week though.

Steelers are 0-3 against the Rats in games where Ben was out. Hate to say it, but take the Rats this week. Unless they somehow get confused watching Sandwich's amazing slow wind up.

harSon

Banned
gerrard.png

Coincidence?

Seriously sucks man, Steelers were coming on to. KNow that feeling.

Gerrard is the best of the remaining crop too. That thought almost brings me to tears, especially considering the durability of Leftwich and Batch... I think I'd rather call back Dennis Dixon, but then again, he doesn't have an advantage anymore since we've switched offensive coordinators.

jbug617

Banned
MIA @ BUF

GB @ DET
ARI @ ATL
TB @ CAR
CLE @ DAL
PHI @ WAS
NYJ @ STL
CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE
BAL @ PIT

CHI @ SF

I know there are a decent amount of vita owners in this thread. if you have PS+ they are giving away Uncharted: GA, Gravity Rush, Wipeout2048 and Final Fantasy Tactics this week.

squicken

Not all the best QBs are taken at the top of the draft, though usually the best ones go at least in the first round. Better to take a worthy OL than reach for a QB.

Not all the best QBs are taken at the top of the draft, though usually the best ones go at least in the first round. Better to take a worthy OL than reach for a QB.

I dont see the Eagles taking a guard at the top of the draft and they are set at tackle once Herremans and Peters come back. I guess it will all depend on the new coach and what power he has but I cant see Roseman going OL in the top 5 and he will definitely be the GM next year.

I was looking at the schedule and the niners are in trouble! We have a few tough games left (bears, pats, saints) and the Seahawks have maybe 1 tough game left (bears). Looks like the H is O

yankeehater said:
once Herremans and Peters come back.
If the Eagles were intelligent, they would still be looking at tackle. You can't assume Peters will be the same player after two achilles tears and it's obvious the depth isn't there.

I can't believe some are favouring Miami over Buffalo. At this rate, we ain't gonna score a TD until the next presidential election...

PS: Awesome thread, Bucket. :)

PPS: Did someone post that Miami dude with the '72 tattoo and last week's score yet? Even my gf made fun of that and she has no clue about football whatsoever...

BoyqX.jpg

Pats should sit Brady this week, so the Luck vs Mallet rivalry can begin.

I fully agree, he gives us the best shot at winning.

MechDX

I feel dirty. Rooting for the Pats this week so the Texans can wrap up the division early.

Im a dirty, dirty whore.

My usual pet peeve in full effect from the same idiot who's said similar in the past:

Antrel Rolle on WFAN said after looking at film of Bengals loss "What we were doing was all wrong'' on defense. Rolle said 'We gave them at least 21 of those points.''
Such generosity. Here's an idea - don't give them points? No Antrel, they took those 21 points and stomped a defense that didn't look like it had any interest in being on the field.

Fewell confirmed yesterday that the opening TD to AJ Green was on Stevie Brown blowing the coverage. Webster let him go thinking he had over the top help and Brown wasn't there. He also said that he would have hoped that Corey, being a veteran would have realized he didn't have the help and stuck with him but it didn't happen.

harSon

Banned
According to Tomlin, Roethlisberger has a soldier sprain, classified as an AC (joint) sprain and is questionable for next week. I think they're still awaiting more test results though

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My usual pet peeve in full effect from the same idiot who's said similar in the past:

Such generosity. Here's an idea - don't give them points? No Antrel, they took those 21 points and stomped a defense that didn't look like it had any interest in being on the field.

Fewell confirmed yesterday that the opening TD to AJ Green was on Stevie Brown blowing the coverage. Webster let him go thinking he had over the top help and Brown wasn't there. He also said that he would have hoped that Corey, being a veteran would have realized he didn't have the help and stuck with him but it didn't happen.

Antrel Rolle going full Clay Matthews "we beat ourselves"!

squicken

ugh ordering that fucking Google Phone was a pain in the ass. Why is it so difficult for companies to mange in demand items? 24 hour window to pre-order, then randomly ship them. No one likes first come first serve

MIA @ BUF

GB @ DET
ARI @ ATL
TB @ CAR
CLE @ DAL
PHI @ WAS
NYJ @ STL
CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE
BAL @ PIT

CHI @ SF

WooooO!

Go Detroit and 9ers!

If the Eagles were intelligent, they would still be looking at tackle. You can't assume Peters will be the same player after two achilles tears and it's obvious the depth isn't there.

I get what you are saying but they are going to have a lot of needs this draft. I think OL is going to be a bit father down then some of the others. They really need a big time LB that can rush the QB but those dont come along very often. I think safety will be their number 1 priority but I have no idea if their is a top of the draft safety this year. They need a big outside WR, and then they could move Maclin into the slot and make Avant the 4th WR.

There's no way Vick is trade-able with that contract right? I'm thinking about this offseason.

:jnc@ iggles needing a WR more than they need OL.

Brown, Ben, Mendenhall and Gilbert are all questionable at this point. Troy is still out. Clark seems fine but still has to go through all the tests again. Highly, highly doubt Ben plays. I imagine they don't think about bringing him back until the second Rat game. To me, other than Ben obviously, Brown is the most important one. His play on O and special teams is desperately needed.

Top Bottom