• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

jbug617

Banned
NO @ ATL

SEA @ CHI
HOU @ TEN
NE @ MIA
JAC @ BUF
IND @ DET
CAR @ KC
MIN @ GB
SF @ STL
ARI @ NYJ
TB @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
CIN @ SD
CLE @ OAK
PHI @ DAL

NYG @ WAS

NO @ ATL

SEA @ CHI
HOU @ TEN
NE @ MIA
JAC @ BUF
IND @ DET
CAR @ KC
MIN @ GB
SF @ STL
ARI @ NYJ
TB @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
CIN @ SD
CLE @ OAK
PHI @ DAL

NYG @ WAS

Bowser

Are you sure about this? I don't trust Simms on football matters, so I'm curious what the wording of the rule is. Also, seems pretty unfair that one side would have a harsher penalty than the other (15 yards vs 15 yards + no review).

In a USA Today article:

A rule tweak wouldn't change the basics of the challenge system, which mandates that all scoring plays and turnovers are automatically reviewed. It would address the portion of the rule that disqualifies a team from benefiting from an instant replay reversal if the red challenge is thrown illegally.

Forsett's touchdown wasn't reviewed because the rule stipulates that an illegal challenge nullifies the penalized team from benefiting from a replay review.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-rule-could-be-changed-for-playoffs/1724459/

Slo

thing8.png

Anybody got a name?

LJ11

Great contract that protects the Niners and rewards Bowman, and is cap friendly as well.

Anyone know how the option bonus next works in terms of the cap?

Just like a signing bonus, once the option is exercised it gets amortized over the remaining life of the contract, pretty sure that's how it works.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NO @ ATL

SEA @ CHI
HOU @ TEN
NE @ MIA
JAC @ BUF
IND @ DET
CAR @ KC
MIN @ GB
SF @ STL
ARI @ NYJ
TB @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
CIN @ SD
CLE @ OAK
PHI @ DAL

NYG @ WAS

squicken

Niners biiiiitch!

1 week avatar bet squicken! If we tie again then we each get a shame avatar from NFL age for 1 year

of course. i'm sure your fans are just telling themselves it was a fluke last time and you'll actually "show up" this week

the disappointment should be fun

LevelNth

Banned
Just like a signing bonus, once the option is exercised it gets amortized over the remaining life of the contract, pretty sure that's how it works.
Thought so, thanks.

Paraag is a fucking magician. We're going to have Willis and Bowman on the roster next year for a cap hit of $6.5m. Combined.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans and Pats both have potential trap games. Hype for MNF game in two weeks is already starting.

But yeah....fuck Bud Adams and the tacks!

I can't see this being a trap game for the Texans. Too much history now with these two teams, chance to secure the playoff spot and get that out of the way, and a whole bunch of guys who need to step up for injured players who will be playing more and out to prove themselves. Plus 10 days off to plan for this game and try to fix the shaky D. None of these last 5 gm's are trap games any longer since they're all important. Least important game though is the Vikes gm.

effzee

Re posting here since new thread:

Several times that Nnamdi has given up bigs plays this year he has let it be known that either it wasnt his responsibility, or that he was supposed to have help and didnt get it. I cant believe you think Roseman could be gone. He got that extension last offseason, even after how bad the team was. Lurie loves him, I have no doubt at all that he will be the GM for a long time.

Well I don't know if they have their panties in a bunch because of that but its true. Many times commentators and analysts have pointed out how badly Allen and or Coleman have blown their assignments. Nnamdi hasn't played as well as anyone thought he would but our safeties are horrendous and they are never where they should be. So I don't really care if he calls these scrubs out. Maybe Nnamdi has lost a step or isn't as good as everyone thought he would but he would look a hell of a lot better if they had any semblance of actual NFL quality safeties. Bell and Landry should have been signed here.

Big difference between him and Babin. Babin didn't even look like he was trying anymore.

Its not that I think Roseman will be gone, its just that I want him gone. His drafts have been terrible. He was the GM when they went on a FA spree which hasn't produced on field results. Plus he was the young hot shot who couldn't wait to get rid of key veterans. The dude has no scouting and or playing experience and comes from a lawyer background. Lurie needs to clean house.

And if he wants to bring Reid back as coach he has to make it clear it will only be as coach, that a true independent GM will be brought in, and Reid can't make wild decisions like hiring Juan as DC anymore. In this particular scenario I think Reid would resign. No way a man this stubborn would have his duties stripped and stay on board. He could easily go many places and get total control.

Dream would be to get Mark Ross back into this organization as the GM.

Top Bottom