• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGP @ GDC (Liveblog Over, Slides Up)

Takao

Banned
I think there will be some form of internal memory for storing things in each SKU, and the reason why Sony hasn't said a word about it is because they're still finalizing the size in collaboration with their price.

Takao said:
I think there will be some form of internal memory for storing things in each SKU, and the reason why Sony hasn't said a word about it is because they're still finalizing the size in collaboration with their price.

Do we really need internal memory? I think its less costly to include and require memory card devices (and sell those) then tinker with including some size of internal memory. Was the PSP's method of handling this not suitable for everyone?

Yoboman

Gold Member
Dedication Through Light said:
Do we really need internal memory? I think its less costly to include and require memory card devices (and sell those) then tinker with including some size of internal memory. Was the PSP's method of handling this not suitable for everyone?
We do if they want to push it as a digital device

Yoboman said:
We do if they want to push it as a digital device

I dont understand. If they are giving every unit a sizable memory card, then how would it not function as a digital device. The slide says card will be large to support a variety of downloadable content...semingly nullifying the need for large internal memory?

renitou

Needing to buy something separately that should be included? This isn't 2001. Or 2004. Get with the times, dinosaur, or hop in my gas tank and let me run on your fossil fuels.

Your choice!

I dont understand. If they are giving every unit a sizable memory card, then how would it not function as a digital device. The slide says card will be large to support a variety of downloadable content...semingly nullifying the need for large internal memory?

We don't know if every unit comes with a memory card. If it does, then it's not really an issue. It will basically be just like the 360 where the system comes preinstalled with removable, proprietary storage.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Interesting comments, nothing we don't already know, but still...glad they're going after those devs: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...yStation_Dev_Relationships_Back_To_Basics.php

Meeting with outside developers and publishers during the creation of the upcoming Next Generation Portable reminded Sony Computer Entertainment president Shuhei Yoshida of the good old PlayStation 1 days, he said in a recent interview.

Full interview here: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/...769/Talking-NGP-with-Shuhei-Yoshida-–-part-1/

JWong

Banned
NomarTyme said:
Sony should steal the smart cover idea from apple and put it on the NGP.
You mean steal the smart cover idea that apple stolen from someone else.

Anyways, I don't like the smart cover idea. It's dumb.

Edit: This is what I use for my PSP.

adbwvr.jpg

A hard case, that's not a flimsy piece of junk, and can still do the same movie stand function.

Oppo

You'd need magnets embedded in the NGP hardware itself to make a smart cover type thing work. I agree it is pretty neat, although only protects the screen.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So I was searching and there is nothing yet on the audio output for the NGP, so I wonder if the device will have any sort of virtual surround headphone tech ( Dolby Headphone/Mobile, Sony VPT,DTS SSH, other) since some of the new Walkman series actually got VPT, or do you think Sony will not care about this since most of the gamers don't give a jack about the audio quality?

Top Bottom