• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 Official E3 Gameplay Trailer

Pikma

Banned
Day uno! I'm getting either a XB1 or a PS4 just to play it, I hope EA doesn't screw it up somehow.
am i the only who think the players look entirely comprised of plastic? i guess so :(
Yup, models are kinda ugly, Subban looks nothing like him lol

bumpkin

Well im a Bruins fan but im not complaining in this post. Guys got undeniable skills but plays like a whiny diver. Not really true hockey.
Seconded. I won't sit here and say he isn't good at what he does, but I can't stand how much of a diving, whiney pussy he is.

Also, calling his fans "Subbanites" during the vote on his Twitter? Seriously? How much of a self-important asshole do you have to be to come up with a nickname for your fans. That's some Justin Bieber shit right there.

I actually didn't buy NHL 13 or 14 because of who was on the covers (Giroux and Brodeur). The only reason I'm going to swallow my pride and buy 15 despite him -- *if* he did win the cover vote -- is because I want a hockey game to play on my PS4. That cover is still earmarked for the trash can though if he's the guy on it and not Bergy.

Ovechkin-Controller-GIF.gif

Dem graphics.

Nintyb

Banned
Is there a trailer of actual game play or am I to believe this CG trailer is what the game will look like?

sector4

Subban is part of it, could be a hint that he won the cover vote.
Bergeron is also featured in the trailer
twice
, and when voting closed I'm pretty sure he was winning by over a million tweets, and 20+ thousand on intagram. If Subban wins I'll be shocked.

Great trailer, super excited for this. Also worried for my DS4 thumbsticks haha
But that's not how the fucking game looks when I bloody play it. We keep slapping "gameplay" on these cinematic trailers. It's not actual gameplay.
Absolutely, call it in-engine, but it's not gameplay, and shouldn't be called it.

Looks good, but it won't look like this during gameplay.

The jersey textures look off though, looks like wet leather and doesn't lay right on player's bodies.

Can't wait to see actual gameplay this week and hear some hands on impressions.

But that's not how the fucking game looks when I bloody play it. We keep slapping "gameplay" on these cinematic trailers. It's not actual gameplay.

"All footage captured from actual gameplay"
They are using camera angles we are not able choose from, but that doesn't make the trailer CG. The animations etc. aren't too crazy for it to be real gameplay, I actually already know some of the moves in there from NHL 14.

"All footage captured from actual gameplay"
They are using camera angles we are not able choose from, but that doesn't make the trailer CG. The animations etc. aren't too crazy for it to be real gameplay, I actually already know some of the moves in there from NHL 14.

It's still manipulative to call this gameplay. Maybe we need a new term, but marketing people would likely end up abusing that one, too.

When I think of gameplay, I think of someone playing the game. This is, at best, somebody watching in-engine footage rendered from their play after the fact, a la Mario Kart 8 replays. Maybe my own interpretation of the term is at fault here, but it seems to me like a lot of people are having the same issue, which consequently could turn us off to future marketing for this game, no matter how interested we are in the product.

It's still manipulative to call this gameplay. Maybe we need a new term, but marketing people would likely end up abusing that one, too.

When I think of gameplay, I think of someone playing the game. This is, at best, somebody watching in-engine footage rendered from their play after the fact, a la Mario Kart 8 replays. Maybe my own interpretation of the term is at fault here, but it seems to me like a lot of people are having the same issue, which consequently could turn us off to future marketing for this game, no matter how interested we are in the product.

It's still a trailer though. Imo, this is as close to the term "gameplay trailer" as it can get.

Delt31

guys - like there other NHL trailers, this IS gameplay but just captured from zoomed in angles you would NEVER play hockey from. Point is this is what the game looks like - just zoom it out. I'm pumped.

zsswimmer

I wonder which system will have more players this time around. Previous gen it was the 360, but I wonder if the PS4 will have a bigger community this year. Maybe not, idk.

Cudder

Looks nice but all cutscenes, right?

I haven't played an NHL game since 09 so maybe this is the year.

Gameplay with zoomed in/cinematic angles. You can tell because there are a few instances of jankiness in their animations at certain points, you can just tell it's gameplay.

AlexIIDX

Huge upgrade visually, though "unprecedented player likeness" seems like bs. Kane looked pretty good, but Datsyuk didn't look right and tavares didn't look anything like himself.

Lemondish

Well im a Bruins fan but im not complaining in this post. Guys got undeniable skills but plays like a whiny diver. Not really true hockey.

As a Boston fan, you should have a keen understanding of why Montreal appears to embellish a lot.

As the Big Bad Bruins like to impose their physical presence on teams, one way to neutralize that advantage is to find a way to punish them for doing so, especially if you're a small team like Montreal. You do this by drawing penalties. It's why Crosby flopped all over the place when he entered the league. Big name rookie projected to be the best of the best? He had a target on his back since the day he was drafted. Anybody taking a run for him had to contend with his tendency to embellish, so they risked a lot doing so.

Gameplay with zoomed in/cinematic angles. You can tell because there are a few instances of jankiness in their animations at certain points, you can just tell it's gameplay.
Pretty impressive if any of that was gameplay. Looking forward to seeing more.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Instant replay tool is not gameplay. But this is EA, it's expected. I'll probably end up getting this to play with mGAF. I haven't had an NHL game since 95 lol.

Wow I'm not a hockey fan but that trailer was fantastic I admit, really wants me to try it out atleast :eek: And say does anyone know the song that was used in the trailer?

EDIT: Found it for anybody else interested: Porter Robinson - Sea Of Voices

Stasis

Did nothing for me.

Looks prettier, but I need details. Way too much broken shit in this franchise for it to be an auto buy on day one.

Fix all the shit we've been mentioning for years.

Yeah... there was not any gameplay their. Until someone isn't playing the game with a controller in hand, its not gameplay IMO. But still getting the game either way!

Top Bottom