• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 15 Official E3 Gameplay Trailer

Yeah... there was not any gameplay their. Until someone isn't playing the game with a controller in hand, its not gameplay IMO. But still getting the game either way!

Yeah, it is kinda annoying to see them calling it game play when so much of it is celebrations, angles that are clearly not game play angles, cut scenes, etc.

Show me something with the little player indicator pyramids over their heads and I might believe it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn classless Subban, needs to play more like Boston Bruin, and all-around respected hockey player Brad Marchand.

Pepiope

Yeah, it is kinda annoying to see them calling it game play when so much of it is celebrations, angles that are clearly not game play angles, cut scenes, etc.

Show me something with the little player indicator pyramids over their heads and I might believe it.
Ovechkin-Controller-GIF.gif

Maybesew

I haven't played a hockey game since NHL 95 on sega genesis, is there a big hockey community on GAF? Any leagues or anything in the community forum? I've really been itching to play a hockey game for a while.

Pepiope

I haven't played a hockey game since NHL 95 on sega genesis, is there a big hockey community on GAF? Any leagues or anything in the community forum? I've really been itching to play a hockey game for a while.
Not sure, but I'd do this on XB1.

Cudder

NHL 15 is up next on Playstation's E3 livecast. Hoping for gameplay and not just talk about the trailer!

e3.playstation.com

ryan299

Does anybody else think that the players they've shown, for the most part, look nothing like their real life counter part? In the video above Lundqvist looks nothing like he does in real life.

Parch

Looks pretty damn good for a hype trailer.

I actually liked the EA conference. Sports games and Bioware is what I care about most.

nikos

The wide models, flowing jerseys and somewhat janky animations have me a bit worried, but I'm sure (hoping) they'll iron everything out by launch.

Milly79

I know I'll be picking it up, but damn if it doesn't look like it plays like last-gen. I mean they skipped the first entry to create this, how have they not changed the gameplay any?

TheCloser

Banned
I know I'll be picking it up, but damn if it doesn't look like it plays like last-gen. I mean they skipped the first entry to create this, how have they not changed the gameplay any?
I agree, thankfully I haven't purchased nhl since nhl 10 so I'm good. I played the nhl 14 demo over the last few days and nothing has changed. Few tweaks here and there but no distinct difference. Very underwhelming but I'll still pick up 15 because I need Dat hockey fix.

MilesTeg

Banned
You can see the resolution bump even from an off screen vid. The crowd looks better. Legs look different while skating. Other than that it looks like NHL 14.

Main improvements I want are all fundamental though. Defensive AI needs a lot of work. The defensemen just skate backwards in 14, letting the puck carrier go wherever he wants. And the goalie always gets beat top shelf on the same damn shots regardless of angle. Fix that stuff and we're good.

Milly79

Main improvements I want are all fundamental though. Defensive AI needs a lot of work. The defensemen just skate backwards in 14, letting the puck carrier go wherever he wants. And the goalie always gets beat top shelf on the same damn shots regardless of angle. Fix that stuff and we're good.

That's like every year since '09. I don't think it'll ever be fixed, honestly.

Top Bottom