• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Delryk

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I had 5 assists and 2 goals, but it shoulda been 4 goals and 3 assists. Thanks, Cockblock. ;)

fEjLAJddbUS4w.gif

LOL

RS4-

Finally get a goal in a drop-in, and what does EA do? Not update any of my stats. Still not geting daily rewards from HUT either lol.

edit - yeah, I get 0 badge progression, just finished another game with no stats recorded.

Stat!

Aces, if I'm not in the game, I'm probably not playing. :p

lol, I figure you might be on the dash thinking "I hope ACES sends me a party invite if the group get going.I really enjoy his company include his sense of humour." and it was a calculated risk.

Milly79

lol, I figure you might be on the dash thinking "I hope ACES sends me a party invite if the group get going.I really enjoy his company include his sense of humour." and it was a calculated risk.

Lol, no. It's kinda of annoying cause my phone starts going off. I really don't have that much time to play anymore. I'm gone a lot of the time, and what little free time I do have, I play HoTS. I should be able to get some games in tomorrow, and potentially Saturday afternoon.

Stat!

Lol, no. It's kinda of annoying cause my phone starts going off. I really don't have that much time to play anymore. I'm gone a lot of the time, and what little free time I do have, I play HoTS. I should be able to get some games in tomorrow, and potentially Saturday afternoon.

1. "lol, no" :|
2. No worries. Its cool. Didnt know that. Hopefully you can get some games soon but we'll know you want to play when you join our party.

Delryk

Vis.. where are our latest highlights? :p

i'll be on after Leafs game tonight for sure... yesterday I ended up watching Wings/Pens instead of waiting for someone to get on...sorry!

Vis.. where are our latest highlights? :p

i'll be on after Leafs game tonight for sure... yesterday I ended up watching Wings/Pens instead of waiting for someone to get on...sorry!

I have to actually play to capture highlights...

Pro-tip: press the SHARE button to do it yourself

I will likely be available to play tonight at some point, prob not before 9pm est

Delryk

I have to actually play to capture highlights...

Pro-tip: press the SHARE button to do it yourself

I will likely be available to play tonight at some point, prob not before 9pm est

I thought you said you took some in the past week?.. just dind't think you URL'd them.. lol

never tried the share button on ps4..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Since wsox never plays, you guys got any space? I don't wanna keep hearing
'no man, playing destiny'

I'll play RD or whatever.

RS4-

lol fuck I'm in a ranked game. I'll play next game.

I take that back, the guy rage quit. And I didn't get the win when I was up 1-0

RS4-

Solid run of games tonight guys, good stuff.

And the good ol' failure to retrieve data bullshit for HUT. Fuck off EA.

Stat!

Count me in as well. No internet disconnects so far today. But that goal I scored, man, EA might have to disconnect me for it being so filthy

RS4-

wtf, how did we have two people in the box, and it was still 5v4.

Then its even strength at 5v5...and I'm still in the box lol.

edit - ugh my bad on those giveaways, pretty much lead to goals.

Milly79

Wasn't entirely your fault. We're clearly playing better people and getting it handed to us. Our offense has been really clusterfuckish lately (last night and today).

Pretty sure we've preached every year we need to dump and chase more, but I really don't feel like that's our style.

wtf, how did we have two people in the box, and it was still 5v4.

Then its even strength at 5v5...and I'm still in the box lol.

edit - ugh my bad on those giveaways, pretty much lead to goals.
No problem, forwards didnt help much on either end that last game

Wasn't entirely your fault. We're clearly playing better people and getting it handed to us. Our offense has been really clusterfuckish lately (last night and today).

Pretty sure we've preached every year we need to dump and chase more, but I really don't feel like that's our style.
Yea we got stifed pretty good in those last 2 games. Not sure what the answer is, but it might help to get the puck in behind the net. We seem to always have 1 guy positioned for cross crease at all times, but maybe if that guy moved behind the net on the far side we could send the puck around and then look back across rather then get trapped into holding it along the side boards. That extra outlet needs to be there upfront rather than as just a last resort.

Dump and chase is a temporary thing we can try from time to time as a mixup but not a legit strategy. We should try more dump and chase in some spots where we can gain the zone easily were the player with the puck goes and gets it on their side. It will cause defenders to crash and make positioning mistakes.

Regarding our forward mixup, if im stuck playing a forward position I need to play Center going forward mainly for the defensive responsibilities. I think that last game would have gone differently on both ends if Milly and I switched positions.

Milly79

Yeah, it may have gone differently. I still haven't really found my bearings yet, due to not playing much. I really do enjoy playing D when the puck can be fed to me a lot, but it hardly happens, so it kinda sucks at times. Also noticed that when we were both on D, it did not go well. Sucks Aces always steals the RW... ;)

RS4-

Sometimes we have a cycle game along the point - halfboards - behind the net, but after that, it falls apart. Sometimes there isn't enough movement along other parts of the ice to get pucks to, so instead, we try to force it down in front of the net.

Yeah, it may have gone differently. I still haven't really found my bearings yet, due to not playing much. I really do enjoy playing D when the puck can be fed to me a lot, but it hardly happens, so it kinda sucks at times. Also noticed that when we were both on D, it did not go well. Sucks Aces always steals the RW... ;)

Yea im still experimenting with builds and playstyles at this point myself as well. Im not worried we will all gradually get better, but like all other years we eventually need to diversify our offensive zone play and creativity or when we run up against good teams our basic style will get locked down.

Milly79

We definitely have a lot less time to hold onto the puck this year, and I feel we're holding onto it too much. Not calling you out at all Vis, but that last game where you were LW and I was C I went behind the net a few times and got looked off. I'm all for using the boards and working it behind, but we constantly try to force it across when it's hardly there. Windows are so small for those opportunities, unless we play some trash D.

We talk about this every year and nothing comes of it. :p

Top Bottom