• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Sometimes we have a cycle game along the point - halfboards - behind the net, but after that, it falls apart. Sometimes there isn't enough movement along other parts of the ice to get pucks to, so instead, we try to force it down in front of the net.
Yea moving off the puck is key and something we dont do well once things settle down. I think getting the puck behind the net more would help. Anything that forces their defense to move and think more can open things up. All players who dont have the puck need to remrmber they need to constantly adjust their position (d-men included) to try to open up passing lanes. Sometimes we all get caught watching or hoping some pass will miraculously get thru traffic.

We definitely have a lot less time to hold onto the puck this year, and I feel we're holding onto it too much. Not calling you out at all Vis, but that last game where you were LW and I was C I went behind the net a few times and got looked off. I'm all for using the boards and working it behind, but we constantly try to force it across when it's hardly there. Windows are so small for those opportunities, unless we play some trash D.

We talk about this every year and nothing comes of it. :p
Yea i was def slow making decisions on a lot of occasions, my bad.

Make sure you verbally call out being open as well as my eyes are sometimes surveying for other things and I honestly may have not seen you.

Yea you are right about the lack of time. Im going make an effort to be more decisive.

Delryk

Cant base it off todays play of all the games.. worse day for me anyway... dunno wtf happened.. lol

Im up for some games around 9h30 and play better lol

Cant base it off todays play of all the games.. worse day for me anyway... dunno wtf happened.. lol

Im up for some games around 9h30 and play better lol

Yea weve def had mostly good performances, but like Milly mentioned as we climb in rank we will be running into better teams where our normal play isnt good enough and individual moments of brilliance, team strategy or just dumb luck will determine whether we win or lose

Ill prob be on FIFA tonight so i cant play again

Stat!

Just throwing this out there.

Vis: 162 hits in 41 games
Delryk: 146 hits in 46 games
Aces: 1 hit in 25 games.

I find that one hit to be a bit suspect.

So how is EASHL this year?
Pretty similar to past years. Defense is easier to play, goalies are tuned really well right now and its harder to dangle thru traffic so you have to play a team game to win most of the time.

We could use another player at this point and you were first to ask so search for the club and send a join req if u still wanna play.

Anyone up for games around 12est?
No can do

Pretty similar to past years. Defense is easier to play, goalies are tuned really well right now and its harder to dangle thru traffic so you have to play a team game to win most of the time.

We could use another player at this point and you were first to ask so search for the club and send a join req if u still wanna play.

No can do

Will do, may take me a few games to get the hang of it, so rusty

GGs tonight besides the one full of bs. Had a sweet goal in one game and got the assist for the OT win on the last game ;)

heres swims nice goal

Swim and AI run a sneaky play

Will do, may take me a few games to get the hang of it, so rusty
welcome aboard

We aren't world beaters by any means so no one is going to be overly critical of mistakes made. My only real "rule" is that you need to share the puck. We aren't interested in playing with any heroes that want to singlehandledly try to win games and not pass the puck when its necessary.

RS4-

I can get on in 15 if we're playing.

And yeah I didn't bother installing r6 after I was a part of the pc one.

Stat!

They updated the sliders. I dont think I take a lot of penalties but right now Ive taken like 6 within 2 periods. Tripping.

Stat!

Apparently, a new tuner has been released that fixes a lot of the issues in yesterday's tuner. I.e. you could poke check a guy and your stick would be 3 feet from his skates and he'd dive.

heres the patch notes

SEPT 28 - TUNER

Gameplay
  • Improved poke collisions to address issues where a puck would be dislodged even when the puck or puck carriers stick were not contacted.
  • Increased speed of player controlled goalie when using precision motion.
  • Increased the pass error for the lowest pass accuracy slider settings.
  • Tuned down agility and ability to generate speed when turning tightly with protect puck.
  • Lessened the effect of the speed penalty on the puck carrier slightly when stickhandling a puck.

OTP/EASHL only

• Turned down effectiveness of AI players in online faceoffs.
  • Goalie will commit more towards the shooter/puck side of the ice to guard against short side shots.
  • Lowered the threshold to which a player is able to receive/pick up a puck cleanly.

UPDATE: (9/29) We have removed “Increased the likelihood to trip a player when a pokecheck goes into the opponents skates or legs.” after many players have stated that it resulted in too many tripping penalties.

looks like they are trying to nerf your shortside cheese goals Aces :)

btw monthly playoffs start Wed night at 9pm ET, I wont be able to play, but if you can arrange 3 or 4 people you can give it go

We should probably use the old way of whoever has the most games played that month to determine who gets first crack at the lineup.

See the totals from the website below.

Again ill give up my spot if you guys want to play Wed night. I will be around Thurs to play but no go Friday (i think the playoffs if prob 3 days, but im not sure yet)

50 Viz
41 Delryk
29 Aces
27 RS4
16 Milly
15 Swim
6 Dave
3 Rev

Delryk

Thursday.. i can from 8pm to 11pm EST
I can go Friday or Saturday after Leafs game

RelievedGreedyHackee.gif

Milly79

Doubt I'll be able to play. The next 2~ months will be rough for me playing. Hopefully in December I'll be more settled and can play more frequently if anyone is still playing then.

SO quickly, how are people liking the game? I have a 10% off code I need to use by today and I wanted to use it on this, but wasnt sure if it improved from last year?

Top Bottom