• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December |OT| The Team You Cheer For is Not Good Compared To Our Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fei

Is the $5.25M for Krejci correct? He must have consulted with Leino's agent if so. That's crazy.

MacAttack

/WHENTHOMASISDONESOAREYOU

Probably not :(

thomas_both.jpg

What a legend.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/june11/thomas_both.jpg[IMG]

What a legend.[/QUOTE]

No guff. It's impossible not to love that guy. There aren't an awful lot of people like that in the league. Enjoy the hell out of it while it lasts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Comparison time!

Leafs 2010:
8-11-4; 20 points

Home: 6-4-3
Road: 2-7-1

Leafs 2011:
14-9-2; 30 points

Home: 6-4-2
Road: 8-5-0

November records:

2010:
3-7-3

Home: 3-2-2
Road: 0-5-1

2011:
7-6-1

Home: 1-4-1
Road: 6-2-0

Fei said:
Is the $5.25M for Krejci correct? He must have consulted with Leino's agent if so. That's crazy.

Not at all, it's his third contract and a $1.5 million pay raise. It's very reasonable for a Datsyuk-Lite player. He's easily more valuable and an all around better player than Leino.

Manics:
Won't let you down coach.
Actually... now that I think about it... shouldn't you guys have an actual coach making these roster decisions? Manics can't possibly be unbiased while skating on the top line. You guys need to bring in an outsider to keep you in line. I nominate Solo, with Assistant Coach Sanjuro.

Actually... now that I think about it... shouldn't you guys have an actual coach making these roster decisions? Manics can't possibly be unbiased while skating on the top line. You guys need to bring in an outsider to keep you in line. I nominate Solo, with Assistant Coach Sanjuro.

Clearly you've never seen Slapshot.

t0mp

LOL @ those coaches!

but he's got a point. It seems as if you're the captain, not the head coach - you can't be making those sort of calls. I'd bring in Epic Tales of Penis with his outstanding amount of hockey knowledge.

EDIT: JK he's on the first line centering.

Manics

Banned
Fuck you guys are dum. This isn't a traditional hockey team set up where you have a GM, coach, assistants etc. This is a hockey thread people, we're just determining our "best lineup" of hockey-GAF posters to combat other team's fans. It's perfectly acceptable for myself and Penis to tinker with the lineups given that we were the first to think of this approach. Neo-posters if you will.

/depth

Manics

Banned
Let me further explain, in an actual hockey game you make your presence felt with goals or assists, big hits, big saves, a great defensive play perhaps, or a fight. That's hockey. On GAF we make our presence felt with posts. Positivism towards your team, great "zingers" against other team's fans, optimism and realism also play a factor. This is how we determine who's in our "lineup". I'm actually shocked this hasn't caught on to more fanbases.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks hardly ever see the Habs, this should be a good game. Where you at Habs-Age, lets talk about this.

Sanjuro

Fuck you guys are dum. This isn't a traditional hockey team set up where you have a GM, coach, assistants etc. This is a hockey thread people, we're just determining our "best lineup" of hockey-GAF posters to combat other team's fans. It's perfectly acceptable for myself and Penis to tinker with the lineups given that we were the first to think of this approach. Neo-posters if you will.

/depth

That's not how you talk to your head coach peon.

Now, here is your NEW 2011/12 Toronto Maple Leafs!

pKiES.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Sharks hardly ever see the Habs, this should be a good game. Where you at Habs-Age, lets talk about this.

Price will be in net, which is good (not that Budaj was bad last night). If the Sharks take penalties, they will win since our PP is awful and kills our momentum. Hopefully last nights dismal performance will wake them up a bit.

Manics

Banned
Price will be in net, which is good (not that Budaj was bad last night). If the Sharks take penalties, they will win since our PP is awful and kills our momentum. Hopefully last nights dismal performance will wake them up a bit.

What would you guys do if Price got hurt? I mean the Leafs have been getting by without Reimer, I don't think the Habs would survive without Price for very long.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
What would you guys do if Price got hurt? I mean the Leafs have been getting by without Reimer, I don't think the Habs would survive without Price for very long.

Probably sink fast especially with our current injuries on D. The team plays a bit better with Price in front of them as well. Habs fans try not to think of Price getting hurt.

Our forwards need to step up. Cole and Patches (Moen as well) have been very good, but we need much more out of Cammy, Pleks and Gio. Our PP is killing us too. We had 7 powerplays last night, if we at least go 2 for 7 it is a different game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm tired of playing for the Habs. I'm now taking my no-move clause away. Any team in need of a high profile goal scorer make me an offer, I'm ready to pull a Forza and hit the road.
I'm really disappointed man, we're just going through a rough patch, champions fight through these kind of streaks
If we lose to the Sharks tonight and the Kings on Saturday, JM will hopefully be gone. However I'm scared about who they would hire next.
Apparently Martin gets an extra $2 million if he gets fired early, and to fire him and get rid of gomez right now would cost Molson $11 million straight up out of his pocket. Don't think that's happening.

If we had all our guys, and they didn't play like a pee wee team It would be an awesome game, but it looks like the sharks are going to steam roll us :(

and realism also play a factor.

A very minor one it would seem.

Price > Reimer in terms of overall influence on wins and losses. Nothing against St. James, it's rather that Montreal is clearly built from the goalie up (well, they were) whereas the Leafs are not.

Manics

Banned
A very minor one it would seem.

Price > Reimer in terms of overall influence on wins and losses. Nothing against St. James, it's rather that Montreal is clearly built from the goalie up (well, they were) whereas the Leafs are not.

If you look at the Leafs record with and without Reimer it's not even funny. Ok he only played 5 games so far and was 4-0-1 this year, but look at last season where he went 20-10-5. Compare that good record with the current 10-9-1 without him.

Acid08

Banned

If you get PP's you will score, our PK is absolutely fucking abysmal. 28th in the league, I actually hope the Sharks org snatches up the Ducks recently fired defensive coach.

If we had all our guys, and they didn't play like a pee wee team It would be an awesome game, but it looks like the sharks are going to steam roll us :(

Both teams are on two game losing streaks and the Sharks have only scored 3 goals in their last 3 games. Slumps all around right now, lets see what happens!

MPW

whenever habs get some momentum all sharks have to do is take a penalty and momentum will shift

habs pp is so bad

expecting sharks win and hopefully JM gets fired

oh and screw unwritten stupid rule in montreal - must speak french to be habs coach, wake up habs organization, it is 2011

hire ducks recent ex coach

Thread title sucks. Bring back the November one.

Also, Canucks get a look at future Canuck Shea Weber tonight, along with future Pred Mason Raymond.

/Tabris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom